Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response (83792 Views)

EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency / Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank / Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 31, 2019
APCNig:

So you expect Nigeria to just accept it? You must be dreaming. Nigerria is West Africa, no Nigeria, no West Africa. We closed our boarders and all West African countries are crying and weeping. So, we take the shoots and as the Chairman, we speak last. If we Nigeria do not accept it, ECOWAS will have no other choice than to also rescind its decision, else we will muzzle ECOWAS to death. And with Major General Muhammadu Buhari on the seat, Nigeria can kill the whole ECOWAS economically.
Nigeria no be chairman currently
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by leofab(f): 8:32pm On Dec 31, 2019
Hh
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by klever18(m): 8:35pm On Dec 31, 2019
Dagger111:
Abeg wait o! Shey countries no fit just print money in excess and start sharing to it own citizens ni?

its cheaper to borrow than to print money
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Pedrotina11: 8:36pm On Dec 31, 2019
APCNig:

Relocate to Ghana nah and starve to death. Since Buhari closed the boarders, even Ghanian President now eat once in a day while most Ghanaians now eat once in two days.

Nigerian will singlehandedly kill the so called Eco currency. Just watch and see how Major General Muhammadu Buhari will deal mercilessly with France and its wretched puppet ECOWAS beggar nations.

Just shut up.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Ejiod(m): 8:37pm On Dec 31, 2019
gloriaunobi:
That's not my problems but how do I migrate to Canada
Save up to $12k Canadian dollar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by shakespere: 8:38pm On Dec 31, 2019
Spatta:
The Nigerian reply is one reason being a Nigerian under an illiterate is regurgitating, Actually, I detest the name Nigeria because it is according to myth a combination of Nigga and Area, a name imposed by the Colonial masters just like Yoruba, which was imposed on the Yoruba by the Hausa, meaning Bastard
You can tell that the government of Nigeria is clueless and unashamedly vision-less especially under this regime of a tyrant
Look at how Ghana responded intellectually
Compare it with how illiterates in the Despot's government responded to a serious economic advantage

Nothing cerebral in what you typed here. Your hatred and ignorance will consume you. What have your fore father's been teaching you?

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by WorWorBoy: 8:53pm On Dec 31, 2019
Kyri:
Nigeria no be chairman currently
So who is? Don't tell me it's dumb Ghana.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by WorWorBoy: 8:55pm On Dec 31, 2019
Nigeria should not agree to this, I like our naira.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by biomedics(m): 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
No doubt as he killed that of Nigeria just in few months.

APCNig:

So you expect Nigeria to just accept it? You must be dreaming. Nigerria is West Africa, no Nigeria, no West Africa. We closed our boarders and all West African countries are crying and weeping. So, we take the shoots and as the Chairman, we speak last. If we Nigeria do not accept it, ECOWAS will have no other choice than to also rescind its decision, else we will muzzle ECOWAS to death. And with Major General Muhammadu Buhari on the seat, Nigeria can kill the whole ECOWAS economically.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Legendguru: 9:19pm On Dec 31, 2019
Oh
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:16pm On Dec 31, 2019
APCNig:

God bless you for this comment.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Dpharisee: 10:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
Eco is Now a French Ponzi scheme, Ouattara of Ivory coast is a disgrace, a man who rose to power after France bombed and killed thousands of Ivorians on his behalf is doing France bidding. Nonsense

The fact that I don't like Buhari and his nepotism, selective corruption fight does not mean I should support him following the French installed poodle and puppet in Ivory coast. The FG is correct on this one

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Topmaike007(m): 10:20pm On Dec 31, 2019
Daviddson:
I'm not understanding. Does it mean the countries making up ECOWAS didn't vote on the adoption before the ECOWAS president or whoever was in charge, made a public declaration on it? This is quite silly.

And BTW Nigerias response is more mature - though both are still foolish responses, because it seems like it came as a shock to them.
it came as a shock because France have evil agenda attached to it, for been the sole printer and regulator

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by sulaak(m): 10:24pm On Dec 31, 2019
The Nobel prize winner Robert Mundell in 1997:

‘If a small country unilaterally fixes its currency to a larger neighbour, it in effect transfers policy sovereignty to that larger neighbour. The fixing country loses sovereignty because it no longer controls its own monetary destiny; the larger country gains sovereignty because it manages a larger currency area and gains more “clout” in the international monetary system.’

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Topmaike007(m): 10:28pm On Dec 31, 2019
Jonasbadoo:
you're mistaken bro
Eco is based on Euro and France is very much involved in it ...
So it's not possible
Nigerian doesn't even have a better economy than France so what are you saying?
you're saying rubbish, if you want to go back to slavery, no problem you can go, but for me I dey enjoy my Naira

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by sulaak(m): 10:29pm On Dec 31, 2019
On a visit to Ivory Coast, French President Emmanuel Macron and Ivorian President Alassane Ouattara on Saturday announced an overhaul of the CFA franc, a currency used by eight states in West and Central Africa, most of them former French colonies. to be replaced by the ECO which will be pegged to Euro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRmX8eObgV0

The slave Alassane Ouattara and his French master
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Ayiibobo(m): 10:44pm On Dec 31, 2019
Tulsaguy:

Idiot, so you have time also to type all these balderdash uphere just to score cheap points like say u sabi talk. I have enough in my arsenal for nincompoop like u.

You see we warned to you always take your drugs, and I told your mother to take you for further kolomental evaluation, una no go hear. See your life now. No enter market ohh...

Low budget Kabiru sokoto.
this solidifies my suspicions.......u are indeed mentally ill
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Topmaike007(m): 10:46pm On Dec 31, 2019
Tulsaguy:
One nation is headed by PhD holder, the other is headed by a PHCN certificate holder. The initial of both degrees started P, na the HCN be the difference.

H= Herdsmen
C= Convict of
N= Nigeria

That accounts for the difference.
you're pointless
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by easymoment: 10:46pm On Dec 31, 2019
jay169:

Don't do this man! South what?
lolz I Dodge the guy like bullet

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by mikeapollo: 10:49pm On Dec 31, 2019
Area4Area:
The CFA had enjoyed same stability, convertibility and lower inflation rate than other ECOWAS countries.
Question for you, why is that not one of them has a GDP per capita higher than that of Ghana and Nigeria that don't don't use CFA?

The GDP per capita is linked to the size of the economy and population. But it is not the ultimate indicator of the wellbeing of the people which is the human development index (HDI). Nigeria's HDI is amongst the least in ECOWAS and far below that of Ghana. In any case Ghana had accepted the Eco.
What made your FGN to reject AFCTA anx then later accepted to join?
Have you thought about how the Naira and Cedis have both lost value against the CFA in the last 5-6 years? It is because of the stability, convertibility and low inflation of the CFA due to its being pegged to the Euro.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:53pm On Dec 31, 2019
DMerciful:
See self delusion! This is what the English man calls megalomania! You have forgotten you're the poverty capital of the world?
See who is talking. Poverty capital of the world? That is what they call Anglomania! The Englishman tells you you were born by a cow, you will believe it because the English man is your God. What parameter did that woman use to arrive at the conclusion that your country is the poverty capital of the world?

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Topmaike007(m): 10:53pm On Dec 31, 2019
Nukilia:

Fake news!
you're not well expose in terms of issue like this
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by joinnow: 10:54pm On Dec 31, 2019
the 9ja guy forget to include that we have set up committee to understudy it
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Tulsaguy: 10:54pm On Dec 31, 2019
Ayiibobo:
this solidifies my suspicions.......u are indeed mentally ill

Madness runs in your gene
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Tulsaguy: 10:55pm On Dec 31, 2019
Topmaike007:
you're pointless
Bubu asslicker
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by rhames(m): 10:56pm On Dec 31, 2019
alamarmeen:
so what do u expect....
the way some people here understand issues both national and international is very pathetic to say the least.
France have already hijacked the eco of a thing. there are numerous write up(s) on it and how so.
Do u seriously think France will let go of over 500billion just like that without a fight...what France did was to preempt Nigeria's moves using their stooge in Ivory Coast.
As for Ghana their they are non starter...they are just after anything that they know Nigeria is or will be against.. they lack the weight to set the terms in W/Africa sub region.

This is what happens when we elect senile leaders to lead an enlightened people.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Topmaike007(m): 11:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
Tulsaguy:

Bubu asslicker
I am one man mopol, when I see truth I say it Eco is not for us because the T&C is hard cos is another form of slavery.....

It is called neo colonisation

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Area4Area: 11:04pm On Dec 31, 2019
Noisyrians:
Hahahaha the problem with nigerians is that they see everything as competition. It is always competition. Every country has a duty to take decisions and policies that in the country’s best interest. If Nigeria wants to go it alone because it thinks it has the population, that is Nigeria’s business. Trade among countries in the region is virtually non-existent anyway, but I also think nigeria will lose in some ways. For example, nigerian investment and trade relations in west African countries will suffer.

Even in terms of oil and gas, your petroleum officials have been saying that given the changing dynamics of global trade, it is prudent for Nigeria to target the African market for its oil and gas sales. I wish nigeria well, but in whatever you don’t try to be pompous and arrogant, otherwise, Nigeria will pay a very heave price for it. No country is an island. Without the support of other countries in the region, Nigeria can’t go far. Even within ecowas, you don’t have a veto power. Nigeria has just one vote in ecowas, like togo and Gambia.

You said every country has a duty to take decisions to her benefit but you are still trying to lecture us of our potential losses if we decide to go it alone, now how is that your business?

In this case, Nigeria has decided to go it alone and to be an island from the rest of ECOWAS and Africa and how's that your business as well?

It's obvious that you don't even understand yourself and trying to contradict yourself in your last sentence, you said Nigeria doesn't have a veto power in ECOWAS and again that Nigeria has only one vote like other members, it's obviously obvious that you don't know that the vote of any member country can veto some decisions like admission of new members, if the other 14 members decide to vote a yes for the admission of a non member and say Gambia or Ghana or Nigeria decides a no vote, that one NO vote has nullified all the other 14 YES, that is what is called veto vote and all countries has it.

Meanwhile Nigeria is not interested in your ECOWAS trade or Africa fee trade agreement or whatever, the closure of the border ought to have told you that.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by sulaak(m): 11:04pm On Dec 31, 2019
LOL well, the Ghanian are now concerned with the ECO are reading the terms and conditions.

Ghana wants to join new West African currency but ditch euro peg,

ABIDJAN (Reuters) - Ghana’s government said it is determined to join a West African currency that will replace the France-backed CFA franc as soon as next year in eight regional countries, but it urged members of the currency union to ditch a planned peg to the euro.

Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara and French President Emmanuel Macron announced this month that West Africa’s monetary union had agreed to cut some financial links with Paris that have underpinned the region’s common currency since its creation soon after World War Two.

However, the statement indicated that Ghana opposed plans to keep the eco pegged to the euro, urging regional authorities to work quickly toward “adopting a flexible exchange rate regime”.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-westafrica-economy/ghana-wants-to-join-new-west-african-currency-but-ditch-euro-peg-idUSKBN1YX0EH

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Topmaike007(m): 11:05pm On Dec 31, 2019
KingGBsky:

With all your epistle, is the Nigerian currency any better? Compare it with Ghana. Nonsense.
do you know that was how dey came in the olden days and deceive our father and enslave us..
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Jones4190(m): 11:11pm On Dec 31, 2019
Nigeria constitute 50 % of ECOWAS total population, there will be nothing call ECOWAS without Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

COVID-19: 3 Of Abba Kyari's Staff Test Positive / Iara Oshiomhole Shines At APC National Convention (Photos) / See Funny Comparison Of Tinubu And Obi's Visit To Emir Of Lafia (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.