Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response (83954 Views)

EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency / Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank / Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Area4Area: 11:24pm On Dec 31, 2019
mikeapollo:

The GDP per capita is linked to the size of the economy and population. But it is not the ultimate indicator of the wellbeing of the people which is the human development index (HDI). Nigeria's HDI is amongst the least in ECOWAS and far below that of Ghana. In any case Ghana had accepted the Eco.
What made your FGN to reject AFCTA anx then later accepted to join?
Have you thought about how the Naira and Cedis have both lost value against the CFA in the last 5-6 years? It is because of the stability, convertibility and low inflation of the CFA due to its being pegged to the Euro.
That Ghana decided to go for the Eco is nobody's business, theirs.
You could help with a link to the HDI of the CFA countries so we can compare with non CFA countries since you want to derail.
We can decide to restrain or accept anytime we feel like, our decision.

2007 when Ghana redenominated the cedis, it was 0.9 cedi to a US dollar and naira was 120 naira to same.
Fast forward 2019, a dollar goes for 360 naira and 5.7cedis, can you work out the percentage depreciation of both currencies against the dollar?
Ghana can go on with the Eco for all the perceived advantages for all we care.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by DMerciful(m): 11:46pm On Dec 31, 2019
Continue deceiving yourself arguing with people who brought you civilization. This phone you're using to type trash, when they tell you wave can convey information, dint you believe them? How much more of common economic measurement.
If your population is growing at 3% and your economy is growing at 1.9%, is your poverty not growing by 1.1%? Yeye dey smell!
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

See who is talking. Poverty capital of the world? That is what they call Anglomania! The Englishman tells you you were born by a cow, you will believe it because the English man is your God. What parameter did that woman use to arrive at the conclusion that your country is the poverty capital of the world?
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Litmus: 11:59pm On Dec 31, 2019
This is an example of what I mean when I’ve argued in the past that Nigeria shouldn’t join the AfCFTA or any future Africa union like this ECO. I argued that majority of these African nations are not only too practically dependent on the West but also emotionally dependent on the West. Nigerians do not understand that what I am going to term “African cultural renaissance” i.e. cultural awakening in music, fashion and foods sweeping through Africa is largely because of Nigeria and, unfortunately, largely imbedded in the Nigeria psyche than in other Africans. I use the term “Unfortunately” in the context of that it would be great if the other African nations were as committed to their native African cultural influnces as Nigerians are. At his heart, the average African would rather patronise Western music, eastern and western foods and clothes. The period Nigeria’s influence wanes, they will return to boasting of potato and spaghetti and aping European mannerisms and tastes preferences. In any case, I knew that emergent large groupings of African nations would have Western powers pulling the strings and that by joining any such large-scale African unions would subject Nigeria to indirect control by these Western powers through their control of the other African nations so that we are all recolonised. Unfortunately, for Nigeria, the enthusiasm many of these African nations show for these national unions imperils Nigeria. Refusing to join these unions will subject Nigeria to increased destabilisation by the West as they work to ensure Nigeria fails to prevent a successful Nigeria highlighting their exploitation of these other African nations evident in the relative failure of these African nations in the coming years.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by mikeapollo: 1:57am On Jan 01, 2020
Area4Area:
That Ghana decided to go for the Eco is nobody's business, theirs.
You could help with a link to the HDI of the CFA countries so we can compare with non CFA countries since you want to derail.
We can decide to restrain or accept anytime we feel like, our decision.

2007 when Ghana redenominated the cedis, it was 0.9 cedi to a US dollar and naira was 120 naira to same.
Fast forward 2019, a dollar goes for 360 naira and 5.7cedis, can you work out the percentage depreciation of both currencies against the dollar?
Ghana can go on with the Eco for all the perceived advantages for all we care.

Why are you arguing against your own case? You are the one that asked why the GDP per capita of CFA countries are lower than that of Ghana and Nigeria!
The issue is about the CFA being more stable in value than both Cedis and Naira because it is pegged to the Euro. So do not turn the issue into a "Cedis vs Naira" matter
The ECOWAS govts that have full grasp and understanding of the issues have already taken a decision and made their stance known. The ones that are yet to understand or are still confused would still need time to "study" the situation. They are free to "study" for as long as they wish. No one gives a damn!.
AfCTA was rejected by the same people, but they turned around to accept it after they were schooled by those who know better! Dullards that pretend to be scholars!

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by mikeapollo: 2:33am On Jan 01, 2020
[quote author=Litmus post=85392775]This is an example of what I mean when I’ve argued in the past that Nigeria shouldn’t join the AfCFTA or any future Africa union like this ECO. I argued that majority of these African nations are not only too practically dependent on the West but also emotionally dependent on the West. Nigerians do not understand that what I am going to term “African cultural renaissance” i.e. cultural awakening in music, fashion and foods sweeping through Africa is largely because of Nigeria and, unfortunately, largely imbedded in the Nigeria psyche than in other Africans. I use the term “Unfortunately” in the context of that it would be great if the other African nations were as committed to their native African cultural influnces as Nigerians are. At his heart, the average African would rather patronise Western music, eastern and western foods and clothes. The period Nigeria’s influence wanes, they will return to boasting of potato and spaghetti and aping European mannerisms and tastes preferences. In any case, I knew that emergent large groupings of African nations would have Western powers pulling the strings and that by joining any such large-scale African unions would subject Nigeria to indirect control by these Western powers through their control of the other African nations so that we are all recolonised. Unfortunately, for Nigeria, the enthusiasm many of these African nations show for these national unions imperils Nigeria. Refusing to join these unions will subject Nigeria to increased destabilisation by the West as they work to ensure Nigeria fails to prevent a successful Nigeria highlighting their exploitation of these other African nations evident in the relative failure of these African nations in the coming years. [/quote

Dont get the facts twisted.
Pan-Africanism was a idea long-suggested by Kwame Nkrumah in the 1950s long before Nigeria got independence. That effort led to the formation of OAU as a political tool.
Culturallty, the Pan-African movement is what inspired a new form of music called Afro music/Afrobeat which actually started in Ghana
from their Highlife. People like Fela Kuti and Hugh Masekela of South Africa travelled to Ghana in the 1960s to learn Afrobeat by joining musical bands there.

AfCTA is the economic leg and is a continuation of the Pan-Africa agenda. Nigeria stands to benefit from AfCTA but only if we are able to improve on infrastructure and drive down the cost of production and cost of doing business.
We are only scared of AfCTA because of our deplorable infrastructure which could make us lose competitive advantage.
Germany ìs the biggest market in Europe but they did not lose by joining the Euro zone becsuse they have competitive local environment

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by mikeapollo: 2:35am On Jan 01, 2020
[quote author=Litmus post=85392775]This is an example of what I mean when I’ve argued in the past that Nigeria shouldn’t join the AfCFTA or any future Africa union like this ECO. I argued that majority of these African nations are not only too practically dependent on the West but also emotionally dependent on the West. Nigerians do not understand that what I am going to term “African cultural renaissance” i.e. cultural awakening in music, fashion and foods sweeping through Africa is largely because of Nigeria and, unfortunately, largely imbedded in the Nigeria psyche than in other Africans. I use the term “Unfortunately” in the context of that it would be great if the other African nations were as committed to their native African cultural influnces as Nigerians are. At his heart, the average African would rather patronise Western music, eastern and western foods and clothes. The period Nigeria’s influence wanes, they will return to boasting of potato and spaghetti and aping European mannerisms and tastes preferences. In any case, I knew that emergent large groupings of African nations would have Western powers pulling the strings and that by joining any such large-scale African unions would subject Nigeria to indirect control by these Western powers through their control of the other African nations so that we are all recolonised. Unfortunately, for Nigeria, the enthusiasm many of these African nations show for these national unions imperils Nigeria. Refusing to join these unions will subject Nigeria to increased destabilisation by the West as they work to ensure Nigeria fails to prevent a successful Nigeria highlighting their exploitation of these other African nations evident in the relative failure of these African nations in the coming years. [/quoted]

Dont get the facts twisted.
Pan-Africanism was a idea long-suggested by Kwame Nkrumah in the 1950s long before Nigeria got independence. That effort led to the formation of OAU as a political tool.
Culturallty, the Pan-African movement is what inspired a new form of music called Afro music/Afrobeat which actually started in Ghana
from their Highlife. People like Fela Kuti and Hugh Masekela of South Africa travelled to Ghana in the 1960s to learn Afrobeat by joining musical bands there.

AfCTA is the economic leg and is a continuation of the Pan-Africa agenda. Nigeria stands to benefit from AfCTA but only if we are able to improve on infrastructure and drive down the cost of production and cost of doing business.
We are only scared of AfCTA because of our deplorable infrastructure which could make us lose competitive advantage.
Germany ìs the biggest market in Europe but they did not lose by joining the Euro zone becsuse they have competitive local environment

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by mikeapollo: 2:38am On Jan 01, 2020
Litmus:
This is an example of what I mean when I’ve argued in the past that Nigeria shouldn’t join the AfCFTA or any future Africa union like this ECO. I argued that majority of these African nations are not only too practically dependent on the West but also emotionally dependent on the West. Nigerians do not understand that what I am going to term “African cultural renaissance” i.e. cultural awakening in music, fashion and foods sweeping through Africa is largely because of Nigeria and, unfortunately, largely imbedded in the Nigeria psyche than in other Africans. I use the term “Unfortunately” in the context of that it would be great if the other African nations were as committed to their native African cultural influnces as Nigerians are. At his heart, the average African would rather patronise Western music, eastern and western foods and clothes. The period Nigeria’s influence wanes, they will return to boasting of potato and spaghetti and aping European mannerisms and tastes preferences. In any case, I knew that emergent large groupings of African nations would have Western powers pulling the strings and that by joining any such large-scale African unions would subject Nigeria to indirect control by these Western powers through their control of the other African nations so that we are all recolonised. Unfortunately, for Nigeria, the enthusiasm many of these African nations show for these national unions imperils Nigeria. Refusing to join these unions will subject Nigeria to increased destabilisation by the West as they work to ensure Nigeria fails to prevent a successful Nigeria highlighting their exploitation of these other African nations evident in the relative failure of these African nations in the coming years.

Dont get the facts twisted!
Pan-Africanism is an idea long-suggested by Kwame Nkrumah in the 1950s long before Nigeria got independence. That effort led to the formation of OAU as a political tool.
Culturallty, the Pan-African movement is what inspired a new form of music called Afro music/Afrobeat which actually started in Ghana from their Highlife music. People like Fela Kuti and Hugh Masekela of South Africa travelled to Ghana in the 1960s to learn Afrobeat by joining musical bands there.

Germany ìs the biggest market in Europe but they did not lose by joining the Euro zone because they have competitive local environment.
Recently Nissan, Toyota and VW announced plans to set up car manufacturing plants in Ghana. These could have come to Niģeria if we had good electricity system among other things.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by olril17(m): 4:20am On Jan 01, 2020
EzeIgbo1:

Big grammar is not intelligence. Fewer words show intelligence a lot of times.

It Is your type people like Chris Okotie and Patrick Obiahagbon (or what is that is name) would have as praise singers because you like epistles loaded with emptiness.

The Ghanaian response was rubbish and shows Ghana is just a yes sir country who will even say yes to the devil because they are in dire straights economically right now.

The Naija response was gbaski. Short and sweet Is what CEOs call it in corporate world.

When you know your strength you say fewer words.
love your points,but u need to tone down the insults please

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Johnsghana(m): 4:20am On Jan 01, 2020
How dare you?
You don't know me, yet you say I'm talking nonsense and you have the audacity to call me a fool?

It shows the shallowness of your thinking faculties and the kind of background you come from. I am sure a couple of hours of home training and moral instructions would have saved you from disgracing yourself with your uncouth and uncivilized writings.

Reading through your profile I can see that you are here on NL to troll and insult as many as possible. Since you cannot make your point without insulting or using invectives, I will not dignify you with a response. Shhooo! Be gone!

MumuCountry:
What nonsense is this one saying? You are talking like a fool.

Which Ghana’s biggest firms always export to Nigeria?
Which Ghanaian politicians come to Nigeria for campaign money? Has nigeria got money, and their people are suffering so much?
Which banks are filled with dollars?

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by justmondris: 5:07am On Jan 01, 2020
APCNig:

So you expect Nigeria to just accept it? You must be dreaming. Nigerria is West Africa, no Nigeria, no West Africa. We closed our boarders and all West African countries are crying and weeping. So, we take the shoots and as the Chairman, we speak last. If we Nigeria do not accept it, ECOWAS will have no other choice than to also rescind its decision, else we will muzzle ECOWAS to death. And with Major General Muhammadu Buhari on the seat, Nigeria can kill the whole ECOWAS economically.
You did not understand why both letters were posted for comparison. Check the sentences and see how obvious it is that our letter was written by someone with primary school leaving cert. Well am I not surprised since we appoint people based on who is your father and not on merit. It is a shame for a staff to write such a poorly structured and unprofessional letter for a country with 180million people.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by EzeIgbo1: 6:14am On Jan 01, 2020
justmondris:

You did not understand why both letters were posted for comparison. Check the sentences and see how obvious it is that our letter was written by someone with primary school leaving cert. Well am I not surprised since we appoint people based on who is your father and not on merit. It is a shame for a staff to write such a poorly structured and unprofessional letter for a country with 180million people.

It is you who does not understand both letters. The letter from Nigeria is apt. Your embittered soul will not let your education seep through to see the well worded sentences kept short and sweet simply because we have nothing to say at this point and would respond adequately when we do..

It is apparent you stopped your education at school cert level which is why your assessment can only go thus far.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by lebienconnu: 6:37am On Jan 01, 2020
post=85374543:
Nigeria never told ECOWAS that they are interested in a single currency up till this moment.
That has been going on for years now.
So won't they reply them that they will get back at them?!
Nigeria’s naira is often seen as the likely anchor currency for ECOWAS, due largely to country’s sheer economic size and political importance.
This role would be akin to the one played by the German deutsche mark in the period leading to the introduction of the euro.
Our Conclusion : The Eco will clearly not be the panacea for West Africa’s myriad problems, including high levels of unemployment, especially among the burgeoning population of youth and the increasing numbers of the poor.
The lessons from the eurozone highlight continuing challenges among a group of highly developed countries with very strong institutions.
ECOWAS will do well to heed these lessons.
Also, efforts by member states to strengthen domestic macroeconomic frameworks are important.
Concerted efforts must be made to reduce the inordinate bureaucratic delays that severely constrain exports and imports at the border.
Launching the single regional currency, the “Eco,” by December 2019 is, at best, an expensive distraction that the people of West Africa can ill afford at this particular moment.
We stand with Nigeria.
Shame on the OP that brought this rubbish here, whatever his mission was and bigger shame on the illiterates typing jargons everywhere.
Lazy tins!

It is always good and refreshing to know that we still have reasonable and intelligent people like you guys on this forum.
Compared to the illiterates and pessimistic wailers that have nothing upstairs but just take side with anything that can make the country look bad.
Ireedeemable and pathetic tins they are.
No wonder Cownu called them whatever he addresed them as!

you took the words out my mouth. I call them cry cry babies.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by hermesprogidy(m): 7:09am On Jan 01, 2020
APCNig:

So you expect Nigeria to just accept it? You must be dreaming. Nigerria is West Africa, no Nigeria, no West Africa. We closed our boarders and all West African countries are crying and weeping. So, we take the shoots and as the Chairman, we speak last. If we Nigeria do not accept it, ECOWAS will have no other choice than to also rescind its decision, else we will muzzle ECOWAS to death. And with Major General Muhammadu Buhari on the seat, Nigeria can kill the whole ECOWAS economically.
So that's all Nigeria and Buhari is good for? Muzzling and destroying? Little wonder Nigeria is in perpetual limbo.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Cantonese: 7:12am On Jan 01, 2020
EzeIgbo1:

Can you give us a draft of how a letter from a high level government official within proper diplomatic norms should look like?

In short help us rewrite the letter your own way make we read am.

You na confirmed noise maker and you know what they say about empty barrels

Truly as I expected...a disatrous response from a blind follower.

When will people like you cease from their violent and reckless ways?

Truly the future leadership of this country must not be allowed to fall into the hands of unlearned and uncultured persons also known as social miscreants.

You used the two words "empty barrel". Those words are perfectly descriptive of your person. You also used the two words "confirmed noisemaker". How perfectly those words fit you, especially with your inability to know how diplomacy is conducted among nations!

Certainly you"ll never know.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by phineas: 7:15am On Jan 01, 2020
A countrys or regions soveriegnty is determined by these 3 things.

Her control over
(1) her money,
(2) her borders ,
(3) tha ability to Govern itself by hers laws.

Whoever controls these controls the country/region

Nigeria is doing well by taking back control of her borders,and not relinquishing control of her money.(fiscal space)

West Africa should do the same.France is attempting to retain control of its monetary control over West africa. And take over its fiscal space and laws.Its like chess.

Lets not throw out the baby and the bath water...lets find a solution.West Africa needs to shut out france from its borders,money,and laws.This may take time but its achievable and imoortant for regional growth and stability

That said france is evil. An eternal bastard in African relations and development.They have had enough time to repent and have refused

If in doubt search and read the colonial agreement. Read on france and haiti,libya and southern camerooun.

Why force anglophone southern camerooun to start speaking french overnight in official settings in this day and age.

Why march into Mali and other francophone countries because of threats to fench intrest (in line with the colonial agreement)showing No respect for National and regional borders of west africa.Why muscle ghaddafi with NATO.what exactly was his crime again

Why attempt to dump their french produced goods in Nigeria through benin republic while paying no duties in flagrant disregard of our borders ,why must francophone countries offer bussiness and resources first to france companies before any other country

Ask why is france still in Africa and what will be the true cost to make them hands off.Why have they hijacked the Eco our key to regional independence

I call on the Nigrerian Gov to watch closely french relations with nigeria closely in the months and years to come.Since we have little or no direct bussinesses with them,Watch aid organizations related to them closely.insert stooges in their midst.

Unravel the true nature of their dealings with Nigeria.And open their yawa with evidence and call them out as you have done with this lovely press release that called a spade a spade

"the CFA has been renamed the eco"

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Codes151(m): 7:31am On Jan 01, 2020
Danwakae:

You are off points

Read those two communique abi letter again
and with such likes he has then we are doomed in this country
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Area4Area: 7:34am On Jan 01, 2020
mikeapollo:

Why are you arguing against your own case? You are the one that asked why the GDP per capita of CFA countries are lower than that of Ghana and Nigeria!
The issue is about the CFA being more stable in value than both Cedis and Naira because it is pegged to the Euro. So do not turn the issue into a "Cedis vs Naira" matter
The ECOWAS govts that have full grasp and understanding of the issues have already taken a decision and made their stance known. The ones that are yet to understand or are still confused would still need time to "study" the situation. They are free to "study" for as long as they wish. No one gives a damn!.
AfCTA was rejected by the same people, but they turned around to accept it after they were schooled by those who know better! Dullards that pretend to be scholars!
Yes we are still "studying" the situation and just as I said, we are free to accept, withdraw and accept as we deem fit.
AfCTA and even the Eco should've been all concluded years back if it wasn't the reluctance of Nigeria over the years because yes, we were "studying" the situation with those leeching countries around us.
Remember that the government shut down the land borders almost immediately the AfCTA was signed thereby making rubbish of any silly agreement with ECOWAS or AfCTA.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by EzeIgbo1: 7:37am On Jan 01, 2020
Cantonese:

Truly as I expected...a disatrous response from a blind follower.

When will people like you cease from their violent and reckless ways?

Truly the future leadership of this country must not be allowed to fall into the hands of unlearned and uncultured persons also known as social miscreants.

You used the two words "empty barrel". Those words are perfectly descriptive of your person. You also the two words "confirmed noisemaker". How perfectly those words fit you, especially with your inability to know how diplomacy is conducted among nations!

Certainly you"ll never know.

I stopped taking this post seriously and chalked it off as something a kid with itchy fingers which are not backed up with a functional cerebellum would type and post when i saw "Violent and reckless ways".

Perhaps this ekuke thinks a whole EzeIgbo is a northerner. Chai God punish devil.

Diplomacy gba oku dia. You think everything must be put down in the way you imagine it in your fantasy world right?

Why not go and ask Trump how diplomacy is done when he tweets with reckless abandon without any care to how anyone perceives his tweets. Is that also diplomatic?

the letter from Naija was not only well worded but also apt for the situation. It was a simple "I will respond at a later date" letter just in case you missed the memo.

See ekuke this is 2020 and i have left 2019 and all the dullards in her behind but it seems you want to force yourself out of the cage i already put you and jump into 2020 with me. Tufia kwa.

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY PEOPLE everyone else FVCK OFF

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Simbrixton(m): 8:56am On Jan 01, 2020
people dont understand economics at all nigerian entreoreneurs would expand easily with this tho i dont support it till we have oduduwa republic
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by mikeapollo: 8:56am On Jan 01, 2020
Area4Area:
Yes we are still "studying" the situation and just as I said, we are free to accept, withdraw and accept as we deem fit.
AfCTA and even the Eco should've been all concluded years back if it wasn't the reluctance of Nigeria over the years because yes, we were "studying" the situation with those leeching countries around us.
Remember that the government shut down the land borders almost immediately the AfCTA was signed thereby making rubbish of any silly agreement with ECOWAS or AfCTA.

Please stop over-hyping Nigeria in these things. There were many issues that delayed the Eco, chief among them being how to adopt another common currency alongside the CFA.
The AfCTA and Eco were not delayed just because of Nigeria's reluctance. The fact that the two agenda are being implemented without Nigeria's inclusion or acceptance should tell you this.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:12am On Jan 01, 2020
DMerciful:
Continue deceiving yourself arguing with people who brought you civilization. This phone you're using to type trash, when they tell you wave can convey information, dint you believe them? How much more of common economic measurement.
If your population is growing at 3% and your economy is growing at 1.9%, is your poverty not growing by 1.1%? Yeye dey smell!
That's smart. Did you conduct the same bolded study for Niger, Mali, Cameroon, Sudan, Chad, Equatorial Guinea etc? The phopne i use was made by the Chinese and they did not become great by being anglomaniacs like you, Mr "common economic measurement".

4 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Okoroawusa: 9:18am On Jan 01, 2020
Area4Area:
Nigerians don't know the power of Nigeria in Africa. AfCTA is not on the front burner at least since August that Nigeria closed it's borders. Everybody is apprehensive waiting for Nigeria's next move.

That's how much power Nigeria yields in Africa. Hate her or love her

4 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Okoroawusa: 9:22am On Jan 01, 2020
EzeIgbo1:

I stopped taking this post seriously and chalked it off as something a kid with itchy fingers which are not backed up with a functional cerebellum would type and post when i saw "Violent and reckless ways".

Perhaps this ekuke thinks a whole EzeIgbo is a northerner. Chai God punish devil.

Diplomacy gba oku dia. You think everything must be put down in the way you imagine it in your fantasy world right?

Why not go and ask Trump how diplomacy is done when he tweets with reckless abandon without any care to how anyone perceives his tweets. Is that also diplomatic?

the letter from Naija was not only well worded but also apt for the situation. It was a simple "I will respond at a later date" letter just in case you missed the memo.

See ekuke this is 2020 and i have left 2019 and all the dullards in her behind but it seems you want to force yourself out of the cage i already put you and jump into 2020 with me. Tufia kwa.

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY PEOPLE everyone else FVCK OFF
Nna, rapu onye ara anwa. Ife a bu 2020. Oburo ebe onye si gi na ya akoba na Nairaland

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by madridguy(m): 9:24am On Jan 01, 2020
Interesting thread with brilliant contributions.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Eteka1(m): 9:33am On Jan 01, 2020
Some youthful ignoramuses think Nigeria should have just rushed to swallow it Hook line and sinker. And these same youth are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow?
We are in serious trouble!

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Wallace2107: 9:43am On Jan 01, 2020
APCNig:

thank God, this guy here has a gud understanding of international politics unlike some wacky ill informed people here

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by DMerciful(m): 9:48am On Jan 01, 2020
I don't have time for people who live in denial! Now run along!
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

That's smart. Did you conduct the same bolded study for Niger, Mali, Cameroon, Sudan, Chad, Equatorial Guinea etc? The phopne i use was made by the Chinese and they did not become great by being anglomaniacs like you, Mr "common economic measurement".

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 01, 2020
Educating...!!!
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by tochievol: 10:11am On Jan 01, 2020
Kwamecron:
We are not the same.

Senior brother will respond later. Because he has a lot of billions that can not be traced. So if he can not find ways to make sure they are well incorporated, then let them wait as long as possible friend my friend those billion must be hidden well and converted securely to ECo. Big brother has spoken

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:26am On Jan 01, 2020
DMerciful:
I don't have time for people who live in denial! Now run along!
I only asked for the data for Mali, Chad, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Cameroon, Benin Republic etc so that I can confirm that Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. Or is the Englishman yet to provide you with "common economic measurements" for those countries? The same white man that is calling your country names has called and is still calling China names yet China is still progressing. Nigeria has problems but a foolish white woman's opinion about my country is not needed by me and I will not accept a stereotype that was created by her.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by ernieboy(m): 10:45am On Jan 01, 2020
Area4Area:
it was not the reluctance of Nigeria that delayed it, rather the failure of the African countries to meet the basic economic requirements to proceed with a single currency.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Jeflox: 11:24am On Jan 01, 2020
SO WHAT IS THE ISSUE WITH REPLY. Stop that nonsense, it is always better to keep quiet than to reply stupidly.
France cannot control our country. Let them leave us and the Eco currency alone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher / "God Forbid" – Aisha Yesufu Disagrees With Peter Obi Over Governorship Candidate / Ajimobi's Burial: No Social Distancing As People Struggle To Get Food (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.