Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response (83756 Views)

EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency / Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank / Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Adeevah(m): 11:54am On Dec 31, 2019
Naiigaaria...

We've all been buharideen
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by InvertedHammer: 11:54am On Dec 31, 2019
Built2last:
See your government.

Unfortunately nobody is reviewing anything they will tag along
/
The FGN response is remarkable. I love it.

\

4 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Destroyerofyeeb: 11:54am On Dec 31, 2019
I suspect trouble is coming to Nigeria this new year, boko haram or ISWAP is about to get stronger if buhari and the fools in his cabinet don't wake up. France has its eye on Nigeria.
Psady:
And someone ,somewhere was writing how we stand to gain .gain what? the same France that never wanted the Cfa currency to be abandoned,later hijacked the new Eco currency to be it's prime administer.

4 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Tulsaguy: 11:54am On Dec 31, 2019
One nation is headed by PhD holder, the other is headed by a PHCN certificate holder. The initial of both degrees started P, na the HCN be the difference.

H= Herdsmen
C= Convict of
N= Nigeria

That accounts for the difference.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Awoo88: 11:54am On Dec 31, 2019
mvem:
So you want Nigeria to accept the ECO currency that France has hijacked... They don't rush to accept stuffs like this. We have the largest economy in West Africa and we thread carefully because i don't trust this past Colonial powers
My question is "why una dey like deceive una self". I did not asked you to accept or reject anything.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by demsy21(m): 11:55am On Dec 31, 2019
Let them study it very well. I was born in a francophone country and grew up there. Nigeria should be very careful.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by davidodiba(m): 11:55am On Dec 31, 2019
When you employ friends and relations to offices you know they are not qualified to occupy! Naija...this response too low
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Jonasbadoo(m): 11:55am On Dec 31, 2019
rusher14:

So it is out of Love that France is championing Eco?
No of course
It's for their selfish reasons
What I trying to tell that guy is that Nigeria will no longer be able to control the west African economy or even rescind this decision the francophone has taken already
Tbh France will be in charge of west African economy from 2020
NB: Francophone countries are more than Anglophone in West Africa
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Biodun556(m): 11:57am On Dec 31, 2019
Kwamecron:
We are not the same.

Nigerian response is the best. Why is Britain trying to leave European Union? If they had done what Nigeria is doing now the problem of leaving will not arise. Scotland still wants to be part EU so if UK leaves the country may break up.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by EzeIgbo1: 11:58am On Dec 31, 2019
Biodun556:

As a matter of facts. African free trade agreement and ECO are programs designed by EU or why was UE giving out incentives to African countries that agreed to participate in the free trade agreement.

Exactly. Nigerian youths shout with zero content in their dumb skulls.

They want Nigeria to jump on it because White France said so?

Before the Euro came the British pound was the strongest currency in that region so based on this they rejected the euro. How did that affect UK? It never affected her. They still remain stronger that the euro per strength of currency

Nigeria has the economy of west Africa in her pocket and this is our strength. None of the west African countries can rise above Nigeria even with the adoption of the eco.

Their economy would remain the same, their exports same, their GDP same. The chief beneficiary to this eco move would be France because they are the puppet masters and would continue leeching off west Africa through this new method of colonialism

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by ntyce(m): 11:58am On Dec 31, 2019
Built2last:
See your government.

Unfortunately nobody is reviewing anything they will tag along

Your attempt to spite the govt response shows your lack of knowledge as to how things work....
Like people rightly said, anything goes for the Ghanaian govt.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by rusher14: 12:00pm On Dec 31, 2019
Jonasbadoo:

No of course
It's for their selfish reasons
What I trying to tell that guy is that Nigeria will no longer be able to control the west African economy or even rescind this decision the francophone has taken already
Tbh France will be in charge of west African economy from 2020
NB: Francophone countries are more than Anglophone in West Africa

If that is the case, is the Boko Haram angle to be looked at curiously?

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by sotall(m): 12:00pm On Dec 31, 2019
Nothing in both statements.

Though I am not a fan of this government but I see nothing wrong in the response

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by idonhammer: 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
As you fine like this? If I am the Canadian visa issuing officer,I swear I will give you multiple entry visa...You too set
gloriaunobi:
That's not my problems but how do I migrate to Canada

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Biodun556(m): 12:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
Daviddson:
I'm not understanding. Does it mean the countries making up ECOWAS didn't vote on the adoption before the ECOWAS president or whoever was in charge, made a public declaration on it? This is quite silly.

And BTW Nigerias response is more mature - though both are still foolish responses, because it seems like it came as a shock to them.

Eco has been hijacked by France and it will be printed by French central bank.Nigeria dont need that rubbish ECO

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Nukilia: 12:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
APCNig:

[s]So you expect Nigeria to just accept it? You must be dreaming. Nigerria is West Africa, no Nigeria, no West Africa. We closed our boarders and all West African countries are crying and weeping. So, we take the shoots and as the Chairman, we speak last. If we Nigeria do not accept it, ECOWAS will have no other choice than to also rescind its decision, else we will muzzle ECOWAS to death. And with Major General Muhammadu Buhari on the seat, Nigeria can kill the whole ECOWAS economically.[/s]
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by donprinyo(m): 12:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
France wants to tactically recolonize Nigeria again. Britain is just their like Odey

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Nukilia: 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2019
Biodun556:

Eco has been hijacked by France and it will be printed by French central bank.Nigeria dont need that rubbish ECO

Fake news!
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2019
Danwakae:

You are off points

Read those two communique abi letter again

He's not off point. Why did the UK refuse to adopt the Euro when they joined EU? Why did the EU bail out Ireland and Greece? While you're at it, read a bit about France's hold over Francophone West Africa.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by xreal: 12:06pm On Dec 31, 2019
I love Nigeria's response.

We are West Africa's King.

No time for stories.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Neoteny(m): 12:06pm On Dec 31, 2019
Common currency requires a lot of tradeoffs, and that's mainly why the UK is Brexiting the EU.

We shouldn't just rush into this as a lot of fiscal and physical restructuring is required, with many Ecowas countries having economies that cannot adapt.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Nukilia: 12:06pm On Dec 31, 2019
EzeIgbo1:

[s]Exactly. Nigerian youths shout with zero content in their dumb skulls.
They want Nigeria to jump on it because White France said so?
Before the Euro came the British pound was the strongest currency in that region so based on this they rejected the euro. How did that affect UK? It never affected her. They still remain stronger that the euro per strength of currency
Nigeria has the economy of west Africa in her pocket and this is our strength. None of the west African countries can rise above Nigeria even with the adoption of the eco.
Their economy would remain the same, their exports same, their GDP same. The chief beneficiary to this eco move would be France because they are the puppet masters and would continue leeching off west Africa through this new method of colonialism[/s]
Stop this unnecessary overhyping! Keep screaming while Nigerians start spending the ECO currency and dump the bastardized Naira! grin grin

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by DMerciful(m): 12:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
See self delusion! This is what the English man calls megalomania! You have forgotten you're the poverty capital of the world?
APCNig:

So you expect Nigeria to just accept it? You must be dreaming. Nigerria is West Africa, no Nigeria, no West Africa. We closed our boarders and all West African countries are crying and weeping. So, we take the shoots and as the Chairman, we speak last. If we Nigeria do not accept it, ECOWAS will have no other choice than to also rescind its decision, else we will muzzle ECOWAS to death. And with Major General Muhammadu Buhari on the seat, Nigeria can kill the whole ECOWAS economically.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by dc23(m): 12:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
Essentially the decision to rename the CFA, Eco is to publicise the proposed currency and create a groundswell of support from ordinary people.

Yes, the CFA/Eco is still central banked in France, nothing has changed. What the francophone nations and Ghana are waiting for is the setting up of an Ecowas central bank. You would realise that Nigeria headquarters the group and currently chairs it. The current administraton is dragging it's feet, but in time there is every intention to sideline Abuja and make progress as was done in the Africa Free Trade Agreement signed recently.

Nigeria may be the most populous in Ecowas, but definitely not bigger that the collective union. A quick study in light of AFTA would show that Nigeria numbers pale in comparison to Cairo and three other capitals.

Now, to address, the politics of importation. Could you pause and think, before the border closure, WHAT EVER DID YOU BUY THAT WAS MADE IN GHANA, BENIN, TOGO or Mali? I suppose the answer is nothing. The reason us simple the multinationals like Guiness, Unilever, Cadbury and Nestle have factories in every country anyway and produce locally.

Closing the border only affects ordinary peasant businessmen importing or exporting traditional food stuffs like coconut, ugu, crayfish etc. And more seriously Nigerians who do business in Ghana who import machine and auto parts from Lagos to stock their shops. Indeed, many of them are very grateful that since Nigeria opened the border to exports only, Ghana and other nations didn't retaliate by refusing entry.

In conclusion, if you can't remember using a Ghana product before the closure, then it's not definitely not pinching anyone there.

Nigeria would definitely overcome this problem post Buhar administration when more educated and exposed leaders take the helm.

Happy New Year.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Danwakae(m): 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
karps:

He's not off point. Why did the UK refuse to adopt the Euro when they joined EU? Why did the EU bail out Ireland and Greece? While you're at it, read a bit about France's hold over Francophone West Africa.

You are also off point...

That's not the point of the OP
...go check again
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by APCNig: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
Ifakiland:

I guess you did read the letter from Ghana, Nigeria isn't the chair of ecowas

The Chair of ECOWAS is not which country is made the Chairman, the real Chair is which country can control others even without saying a word. When Nigeria closed its boarders didn't you see all ECOWAS countries crying including those very far from us and not sharing boarders with us?

When J.J. Jameh the Gambia ex-President lost election and refused to vacate his seat. All ECOWAS heads of States appealed to him, he ignored them. All ECOWAS heads of states deployed military personnel to Gambia, J.J. Jameh still ignored them. But when Major General Muhammadu Buhari deployed Nigeria's military jets to Gambia, the guy picked race and ran with his tail between his legs. That's what makes the ECOWAS Chair.

Can you recollect how many times Nigeria has given huge money as handouts to several ECOWAS countries? Uncountable times. Therefore, if Nigeria rejects this France introduced Eco currency, ECOWAS will have no choice than to reverse its decision, else, Buhari will starve all ECOWAS citizens to death with hunger and starvation and France and that baby President married to and sleeping with his grandma will not be able to help them.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by EzeIgbo1: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
All of you who are shouting eco eco eco please travel to Europe and see how hard it is to make 100 euros.

Since they adopted euro average cost of living went up. France on its own is a very expensive country to live in all due to the pull of the euro

Same would happen in the countries who accept eco. Everything will go up and you will pay through your nose for basic amenities.

Ghana after they redenominated, experienced same thing. Standard of living became expensive for them. Many think twice before they spend 1 cedi. They tied their cedi to the dollar yet it did not help them. Now the eco is being tied to the euro and you expect a miracle?

The CFA was tied to the franc yet it did not work for francophone west Africa . Now they want to tie eco to the euro as another experiment with African countries

Nigeria must not adopt the eco. Period!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Nukilia: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
Neoteny:
Common currency requires a lot of tradeoffs, and that's mainly why the UK is Brexiting the EU.
We shouldn't just rush into this as a lot of fiscal and physical restructuring is required, with many Ecowas countries having economies that cannot adapt.

UK can call the bluff not Nigeria! Why go to Europe when you can make the same amount by trading with fellow west Africans! Don't confuse Nigerians with your voodoohari economics. grin grin

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Patojargz: 12:09pm On Dec 31, 2019
"Studying the situation" issa fraudulent act.
No doubt!
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2019
adrian3000:

We're on the same page my dear
in case you two figure out how to leave, I will love to join o

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by mvem(m): 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2019
Awoo88:

My question is "why una dey like deceive una self". I did not asked you to accept or reject anything.
I think you should ask yourself similar question.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Nukilia: 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2019
EzeIgbo1:
All of you who are shouting eco eco eco please travel to Europe and see how hard it is to make 100 euros.
Since they adopted euro average cost of living went up. France on its own is a very expensive country to live in all due to the pull of the euro Same would happen in the countries who accept eco. Everything will go up and you will pay through your nose for basic amenities.
Ghana after they redominated, experienced same thing. Standard of living became expensive for them. Many think twice before they spend 1 cedi. They tied their cedi to the dollar yet it did not help them. Now the eco is being tied to the euro and you expect a miracle?
The CFA was tied to the franc yet it did not work for francophone west Africa . Now they want to tie eco to the euro as another experiment with African countries Nigeria must not adopt the eco. Period!
Can you just stop misinforming people as if you know anything about economics grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos / Mohammed Atiku Abubakar Shares His Coronavirus Experience / COVID-19: 3 Of Abba Kyari's Staff Test Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.