Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? (3721 Views)

A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight / 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) / 3 silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (OK, Some Of Them) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Horus(m): 2:04am On May 30, 2007
don't let me get all fanatical on your ,
They will be exterminated  grin
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by TellyB(m): 4:46pm On May 30, 2007
@gbade. x,

gbade. x:

@ Telly B:

no offence but look, dude or duderess, whichever u pick, take a cue from me and cyber-bitchslap Horus. He actually needs it. Trust me, after the trick-slapping, dude would go on a vacation like babs. Trust me, I've tried it before.

If it worked for the Revving Rev, it can work for Horus.

I know, and appreciate that so much. That's why after sizing up his low IQ, I left him to foam in the mouth in this thread - and he continues to do so.

As for Rev., hehe. . I have some word for that chap. grin
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by belloti(m): 5:43pm On May 30, 2007
Hey guys i think looking at it objectively, fanatism is just a state of mind and not a cult. And i think rightly so, we have some bunch of fanatics around here. You are all welcome
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by TellyB(m): 6:07pm On May 30, 2007
Hey dude belloti, I heard you top the list!

belloti:

we have some bunch of fanatics around here. You are all welcome

Em, . . . was that you again welcoming others to your fana-club?? grin
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by belloti(m): 6:23pm On May 30, 2007
Telly B, i give that title to David and i may probably come a distant second.

cheesy
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by TellyB(m): 6:37pm On May 30, 2007
belloti:

cheesy

Abeg you O, belloti. . . no follow me drag position!! You no see how many people don already seal that stamp on me - officially?? grin
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Sharn06: 8:45pm On May 30, 2007
i left y'all for a while and look how abusive y'all have become. muslims, if Mo'were alive, would if have done this? christians, is this the way Jesus lived? why not act by your faith and leave worldly things to the world
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 30, 2007
belloti:

cheesy

mallam Belloti! grin You forgot to give this fantabulous title to those who deserve it the most. Sir blabs787! cheesy
And dont forget to include the new fatwa-enacting imam on the block, Imam Al-Raheem and lest we forget, the Gombe girls deserve this honor more than thy humble servant!

Sharn06:

i left y'all for a while and look how abusive y'all have become. muslims, if Mo'were alive, would if have done this? christians, is this the way Jesus lived? why not act by your faith and leave worldly things to the world

If only we could leave suicide bombings, stonings, religious riots, the taleban, al queada to the world. If only we can bury our heads in the sands of denial and pretend that all is well when the roof is on fire. If only we can just assume Sept 11 never happened and July 7 was just a cartoon. If only Osama Bn Laden was a well respected advocate of non-violent struggle, if only the committee of christians weeping profusely on allah's behalf can think outside the box!
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Horus(m): 11:38pm On May 30, 2007
The presence of Fanatics on Nairaland,show that our people have then been trained to react to EMOTIONAL themes, forced to internalize alleged History of mythical chosen people, But it is time to rise above unoriginal theologies and research our True History, which is far beyond the Hebrew-Judeo-Christian-Islamic traditions.Male chauvinistic Murder imperialistic cults have proven to be tools for our pacification.The framework of these beliefs prevents our African minds complete development and reconnection with the dynamism of the Universe.
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Sharn06: 12:27am On May 31, 2007
i can't believe this!
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Nobody: 12:33am On May 31, 2007
Horus:

The presence of Fanatics on Nairaland,show that our people have then been trained to react to EMOTIONAL themes, forced to internalize alleged History of mythical chosen people, But it is time to rise above unoriginal theologies and research our True History, which is far beyond the Hebrew-Judeo-Christian-Islamic traditions.Male chauvinistic Murder imperialistic cults have proven to be tools for our pacification.The framework of these beliefs prevents our African minds complete development and reconnection with the dynamism of the Universe.

Is it not a shame and a contradiction of the twaddle up there that the pioneers of the "Hebrew-Judeo-Christian traditions" are the ones at the apex of civilization today? What have our "african mids" helped us to achieve? developmental poverty and dynamic corruption?
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by gbadex1(m): 12:36am On May 31, 2007
Same thing here. Dude just rambles on like them lunatics at the Intensive Care Unit up in Yaba Psycho Ward.

@ david:

just wait till Sir blabs787 a.k.a Sir BlabberWorth finds out just what you wrote about him! cheesy
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Sharn06: 1:43am On May 31, 2007
is it right to kill for your religion?
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by gbadex1(m): 1:49am On May 31, 2007
Hell the schmuck No!!
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Sharn06: 2:20am On May 31, 2007
so why the hell do people do it?
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by debosky(m): 3:56am On May 31, 2007
sometimes because religion is used as a tool to further selfish interests, sometimes because the original proponents of some religions actually supported such actions in the first place, so in some cases, it is seen as right to kill infidels in the name of religion!!
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by belloti(m): 4:00pm On May 31, 2007
Sharn, there are instances in islam that warrant death penalty. but nobody can unilaterally kill anyone on islamic basis without recourse to judicial process.
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 31, 2007
belloti:

Sharn, there are instances in islam that warrant death penalty. but nobody can unilaterally kill anyone on islamic basis without recourse to judicial process.

this is political double-speak. What happens in a secular society running a secular judicial system if a person is caught "desecrating" the quran? Have your rioters and murderers in the name of allah been going to court to have those who desecrate the quran tried for religious treason?
Did Mohammed himself refer to any judicial process before hacking off the heads of his alleged victims?
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by TellyB(m): 7:53pm On May 31, 2007
@belloti,

belloti:

At least you're being forthright and honest there. My small worry, though, is that you clearly contradicted yourself in one breath. Besides the penal code, even recent history bears testimony to the fact that Muslims have killed without recourse to any judicial process.

For Sharn06's sake, I'll spare us the eyesore of filling this page with statistics and pictures to the point. Rather, I'll just express my sentiments with this stamp:

Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 31, 2007
the real meaning of islam and the hidden agenda behind sharia law.

Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by chiegemba(f): 8:04pm On May 31, 2007
@ topic; Think its just a real way of seein what [i]"Our" [/i]country is made up of. . . . we all just need to learn each other's differences and make d best of it "My Opinion"
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by TellyB(m): 8:21pm On May 31, 2007
@davidylan,

That up there - that's another islamodictionary phrase. A difficult one to translate, but comes close to this: TOLERANCE not quite, but close enough!  grin
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Sharn06: 9:38pm On May 31, 2007
Another question: Why critize the other faiths?
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by mukina2: 10:01pm On May 31, 2007
ask davidylan, tellyb and the rest lipsrsealed grin
telly B i saw ur reply but my head was aching grin

nairaland fanatics the leader is

DD, followed by TB, B,O,NC,GW,S, and the list goes on grin
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by TellyB(m): 10:56pm On May 31, 2007
@Sharn06,

Sharn06:

Another question: Why critize the other faiths?

Christianity predated Islam; and it was Muhammad who first started the criticism. If anything at all, I have not called any Muslim 'the worst of creatures' or compared them to Iblis (that is, Satan - Q.7:13). But this is precisely what Muhammad accused Christians of when they refused to follow his religion:

Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islam, the Qur'an and Prophet Muhammad
(Peace be upon him)) from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and
Al-Mushrikun will abide in the Fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures.

Qur'an 98:6 [Hilali-Khan's translation].

Now, if Muhammad would actually make simple-minded Muslims believe that I'm going to hell, and also that I'm the worst of creatures for not believing in Islam, then I choose not to be mute or politically correct. That accusation alone spurred me into being a voracious reader of as many Islamic material that I possibly could lay my hands on, in order to understand the rational for that accusation.

On the one hand, it was rather my huge surprise to discover instead that it was actually Muslims who would be made to ENTER into hell fire - by an irrevocable decree of Allah (Q. 19:71). On the other hand, I'm still challenging the Islamic allegation that I'm one of the "worst of creatures" for no other crime than my being a Christian!

At least, I haven't read Buddhism calling me the worst of creatures. Nor have I read some other religions comparing me to Iblis. As far as Islam by injunction of the Qur'an has so alleged that calumny against me, I stand up to challenge that allegation and to defend my raison d'être as a Christian with a blessed hope in the Lord Jesus Christ, my only Hope and sure Saviour.

If that reads as "critizing the other faiths", I would sooner remove my posts when I learn that Sura 98:6 is struck out, abrogated or cancelled from the Qur'an. Allah has both abrogated and cancelled verses from his Qur'an - therefore, he can also do the same thing with Q. 98:6. Each time I open the Qur'an and find that ayah there, it's only fitting for me to intellectually challenge the theology behind that accusation, while at the same time leaving it up to Muslims to explicate the many verses that see Jews and Christians through the spectacles of such verses.

So there.
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by TellyB(m): 10:58pm On May 31, 2007
@mukina2,

Well, what can I say? First you banned me; then you suspended me; next you made me cry and laugh. . . and now you're giving me trophies and badges for simply being me - only me, Telly B?? grin
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by somze(f): 8:01am On Jun 01, 2007
mukina2:

nairaland fanatics the leader is

Be bold enough to write names in full.
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by mukina2: 12:29pm On Jun 01, 2007
Telly B all the sanctions have been lifted cheesy come in peace wink

@ somze you are not among [s]after all you are my cheksli brother even though we fight[/s] kiss

the people know themselves cheesy
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by stimulus(m): 2:02pm On Jun 01, 2007
mukina2:

I decode the one in red! Did you miss me, my dear?? grin
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by Sharn06: 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2007
Next question: Do u believe that both muslims and christians would end up in Heaven?
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by mukina2: 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2007
stimulus i do not miss you grin grin tongue

@ shar

i know i'll end up in heaven cheesy
Re: Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? by stimulus(m): 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2007
@Mukina2,

Oh my - oh my! Now you have dampened my day! angry grin

@Sharn06,

What do you really believe? You've been asking questions - now let's get you making reasoned inputs. That's what a public Forum is for - everyone making inputs, abi? cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christians, I Am So Sorry / Without Jesus No One Will Enter Heaven / "7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.