Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (11704 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:47am On Oct 21, 2020
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE OF OCTOBER 21, 2020

✝️�TOPIC: GOD, THE SURE ANCHOR IN TIMES OF TROUBLE

✝️�TEXT: PSALM 6 (NKJV)

1. To the Chief Musician. With stringed instruments. On an eight-stringed harp. A Psalm of David. O LORD, do not rebuke me in Your anger, Nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure.
2. Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I [am] weak; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are troubled.
3. My soul also is greatly troubled; But You, O LORD -- how long?
4. Return, O LORD, deliver me! Oh, save me for Your mercies' sake!
5. For in death [there is] no remembrance of You; In the grave who will give You thanks?
6. I am weary with my groaning; All night I make my bed swim; I drench my couch with my tears.
7. My eye wastes away because of grief; It grows old because of all my enemies.
8. Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity; For the LORD has heard the voice of my weeping.
9. The LORD has heard my supplication; The LORD will receive my prayer.
10. Let all my enemies be ashamed and greatly troubled; Let them turn back [and] be ashamed suddenly.

✝️�STUDY

In our reading today, David was buffeted with troubles; his bones and soul were troubled and his bed was flooded with tears and weeping because of grief from his foes. He made God his sure anchor and was delivered;his trust in God was not shaken. Troubles around us are not static, as visitors, they will vanish one day.

God our present help in times of trouble will lift up the burdens. Problems help sharpen usand can turn to our promotion - Joseph became Prime Minister of Egypt from prison. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, yet God delivers him (Psalm 34:19)
What are your troubles? Does it feel like you are burning becauseof thetrials in your office?Keep your faith! Are you persecuted in your family or community because of your faith? Do not throw in the trowel. Never allow life’s challenges -barrenness, delayed promotion, unemployment, delayed marriage, death of loved ones, piled up debts, academic failures, sicknesses, false allegations and family troubles to weigh you down. Weeping may last throughout the night but joy comes in the morning. Don’t give up; your miracle is on the way. Trust in God and make Him your sure anchor, all is well.

✝️� PRAYER: God, on my way to the Promised Land, deliver me from excruciating wilderness experiences of this life in Jesus name Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:35am On Oct 23, 2020
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE OF OCTOBER 23, 2020
(St. James Brother of the Lord)

✝️�TOPIC: THE PURE GOSPEL

✝️�TEXT: GALATIANS 1:10-24(NKJV)

10. For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
11. But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
12. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught [it,] but [it came] through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
13. For you have heard of my former conduct in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and [tried to] destroy it.
14. And I advanced in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers.
15. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called [me] through His grace,
16. to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood,
17. nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those [who were] apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.
18. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.
19. But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord's brother.
20. (Now [concerning] the things which I write to you, indeed, before God, I do not lie.)
21. Afterward I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia.
22. And I was unknown by face to the churches of Judea which [were] in Christ.
23. But they were hearing only, "He who formerly persecuted us now preaches the faith which he once [tried to] destroy."
24. And they glorified God in me.

✝️�STUDY

The pure gospel of salvation has supernatural origins with divine inspiration, no wonder it is a life-changing gospel- the same gospel James, brother of the Lord, preached and defended. All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction and for training in righteousness.Paul did not receive this gospel from men, nor was he taught by them, it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ. We must cherish this gospel and jealously guard it.

Violent persecution of the church cannot destroy it.Even revisionist theories, vain philosophies of men and human ideologies cannot change or tamper with the gospel of life.
This incorruptible seed- the gospel- is the power of God for salvation.In it, the righteousness of God is revealed. The just shall live by faith contained therein. We must hold on to this gospel, preach and teach the words of this Gospel to all generations.Above all, we must live by this gospel because it is the only hope for humanity. We preach no other person than Jesus Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. It pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe (1 Cor. 1:24-25).

✝️� PRAYER: Dear God, help us to declare YourWord- the gospel of salvation in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:55am On Oct 27, 2020
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 27 OCTOBER 2020

✝️�TOPIC: THE DEEDS OF THE WICKED

✝️�TEXT: PSALM 10 (NKJV)
1. Why do You stand afar off, O LORD? [Why] do You hide in times of trouble?
2. The wicked in [his] pride persecutes the poor; Let them be caught in the plots which they have devised.
3. For the wicked boasts of his heart's desire; He blesses the greedy [and] renounces the LORD.
4. The wicked in his proud countenance does not seek [God;] God [is] in none of his thoughts.
5. His ways are always prospering; Your judgments [are] far above, out of his sight; [As for] all his enemies, he sneers at them.
6. He has said in his heart, "I shall not be moved; I shall never be in adversity."
7. His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and oppression; Under his tongue [is] trouble and iniquity.
8. He sits in the lurking places of the villages; In the secret places he murders the innocent; His eyes are secretly fixed on the helpless.
9. He lies in wait secretly, as a lion in his den; He lies in wait to catch the poor; He catches the poor when he draws him into his net.
10. So he crouches, he lies low, That the helpless may fall by his strength.
11. He has said in his heart, "God has forgotten; He hides His face; He will never see."
12. Arise, O LORD! O God, lift up Your hand! Do not forget the humble.
13. Why do the wicked renounce God? He has said in his heart, "You will not require [an account."]
14. But You have seen, for You observe trouble and grief, To repay [it] by Your hand. The helpless commits himself to You; You are the helper of the fatherless.
15. Break the arm of the wicked and the evil [man;] Seek out his wickedness [until] You find none.
16. The LORD [is] King forever and ever; The nations have perished out of His land.
17. LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear,
18. To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more.

✝️�STUDY

The wicked are agents of abominable deeds; they operate with dead consciences and are like a troubled sea tossing up mire and dirt. The wicked boasts of achievements, devises evil schemes, is very greedy for gain, curses and renounces the Lord.While he puffs at his foes, his mouth is filled with cursing, deceit, oppression, mischief and iniquity.He is a lover of money; in hidden places, he murders the innocent.He sinks down and crushes the hopeless, and he thinks God will not call him to give account of his life. It is appointed for a man to die once, after this judgment follows (Heb. 9:27).
Do not envy the wicked, no matter how he prospers. Do not imitate the wicked.If you are a wicked man or woman, repent and be saved. God’s decree is “Woe to the wicked! It shall be ill with him” (Isaiah 3:11). His so called prosperity simply means his destruction. The evil man cannot know, the stupid cannot understand this:That though the wicked sprout like grass and evil doers flourish, they are doomed to destruction forever (Psalm 92:6-7).
God is not interested in the death of a sinner; He wants the wicked to turn away from his sins so that he can live. Come to Jesus and find rest for your soul.Now is the day of salvation.

✝️� PRAYER: Help us O God, to live righteously and soberly in this world in Jesus’ name. Amen

Credits: Daily Fountain Devotional
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:16am On Oct 28, 2020
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 28 OCTOBER 2020

✝️�TOPIC: THEY DEVOTED THEMSELVES TO PRAYER

✝️�TEXT: ACTS 1:12-14(NKJV)

12. Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day's journey.
13. And when they had entered, they went up into the upper room where they were staying: Peter, James, John, and Andrew; Philip and Thomas; Bartholomew and Matthew; James [the son] of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot; and Judas [the son] of James.
14. These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.

STUDY

The apostles were deeply devoted to prayer as they carried out the ministry of preaching, teaching and healing. The prayer of one accord in the upper room made things happen: They were baptised with Holy Spirit, fire and powerand their story instantly changed. Learn to be in the gap for your church, family and nation (Ezek. 22:30).

A Christian who is dry in his closet cannot be a giant in the public. Knees that cannot bend in prayers cannot bless. A glutton with a constantly filled stomach will end as a bench warmer in the church.No prayer, no power; no prayer, no fire! Praying and fasting will make things to happen; the prayer of a righteous man has great power. Do not wait for others to pray for you; learn also to pray for yourself and others.
In our churches and homes today, we need not only organisers, we need great intercessors! Men ought always to pray and not to faint! The apostles devoted themselves to the ministry of the word and prayer (Acts 6:4);let us follow their pattern. Through prayer, spiritual distortions and bankruptcy, blindnessand dryness willbe crushed. Warriors, arise and be in the gap! When watchmen sleep, enemies take the city. Pray and watch before the storms come. Awake!

✝️� PRAYER: Dear God, teach us to prevail in prayers till things happen in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:18am On Oct 29, 2020
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 29 OCTOBER 2020

✝️�TOPIC: GOD LOVES RIGHTEOUS DEEDS

✝️�TEXT: PSALM 11 (NKJV)
1. To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. In the LORD I put my trust; How can you say to my soul, "Flee [as] a bird to your mountain"?
2. For look! The wicked bend [their] bow, They make ready their arrow on the string, That they may shoot secretly at the upright in heart.
3. If the foundations are destroyed, What can the righteous do?
4. The LORD [is] in His holy temple, The LORD's throne [is] in heaven; His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men.
5. The LORD tests the righteous, But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.
6. Upon the wicked He will rain coals; Fire and brimstone and a burning wind [Shall be] the portion of their cup.
7. For the LORD [is] righteous, He loves righteousness; His countenance beholds the upright.

✝️�STUDY

The righteous God will never have the wicked for children because, like begets like. Righteous deeds are proof producers of genuine conversion and adequate repentance. Faith without work is dead:“I believe in God without righteousness” is fallacy and a deception. We must bear the fruits that befit our repentance: “The upright shall behold His face” (Psalm 11:7).

Righteousness exalts a nationwhile sin is a reproach. Weapons fashioned against us shall not prosper only when we are established upon righteousness (Isaiah 54:14-17). If the foundations are destroyed, the righteous should raise up foundations built on Christ (Isaiah 58:12).
Righteous deeds include obeying the word of God, avoiding wicked works of any kind, being truthful, being holy, honest, upholding faithfulness, paying your tithes sincerely, helping the widows, the needyand the orphans; keeping yourself unstained, being far from briberyand corruption; walking blamelessly, not slandering people, etc. God’s decree is “Tell the righteous that it shall be well with them, for they shall eat the fruit of their deeds” (Isaiah 3:10). In the righteous, you see the fruits of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentlenessand self-control. These things God loves. Let us strive for peace and holiness without which no eyes shall see the lord.

✝️� PRAYER: Dear Lord, help us to seek your kingdom and righteousness first, so that other things will be added to us in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:25am On Oct 30, 2020
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2020-10-30

✝️�TOPIC: FLATTERING, …LYING

✝️�TEXT: PSALM 12 (NKJV)
1. To the Chief Musician. On an eight-stringed harp. A Psalm of David. Help, LORD, for the godly man ceases! For the faithful disappear from among the sons of men.
2. They speak idly everyone with his neighbor; [With] flattering lips [and] a double heart they speak.
3. May the LORD cut off all flattering lips, [And] the tongue that speaks proud things,
4. Who have said, "With our tongue we will prevail; Our lips [are] our own; Who [is] lord over us?"
5. "For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, Now I will arise," says the LORD; "I will set [him] in the safety for which he yearns."
6. The words of the LORD [are] pure words, [Like] silver tried in a furnace of earth, Purified seven times.
7. You shall keep them, O LORD, You shall preserve them from this generation forever.
8. The wicked prowl on every side, When vileness is exalted among the sons of men.

✝️�STUDY

Lies sent Ananias and Sapphira to an untimely death. Lyingis as deadly as any other sin; it is a spiritual poison that contaminates one’s spirituality. The tongue is a fire, an unrighteous world among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the cycle of nature and set on fire by hell (James3:6).

This calls for caution on how to use the tongue:Life and death are in the power of tongueand when it is misused, there are terrible consequences! God hates flattering lips and lying tongue of a false witness who breathes out lies and a man who sows discord among brethren. People engage in several lies today- business lies, handset lies, witnesslies in law courts, academic lies, certificate forgery, family lies among family members, production of fake products in our markets, lies in the church by false brethren and hypocrites, etc.

Buy the truth, do not sell it; it is a divine mandate. Let your yes be yes, likewise your no be no. Satan is a liar and father of all liars; their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur. Truth liberates; lies keep in bondage.

✝️� PRAYER: Oh God, help me to control my tongue so as to bring forth Your praise and glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:42am On Oct 31, 2020
✝️� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR OCTOBER 31

✝�TOPIC: PUT YOUR TRUST IN GOD’S STEADFAST LOVE

✝�TEXT: PSALM 13 (NKJV)

1. To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me?
2. How long shall I take counsel in my soul, [Having] sorrow in my heart daily? How long will my enemy be exalted over me?
3. Consider [and] hear me, O LORD my God; Enlighten my eyes, Lest I sleep the [sleep of] death;
4. Lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed against him"; [Lest] those who trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
5. But I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
6. I will sing to the LORD, Because He has dealt bountifully with me.

✝�STUDY

In our reading today, David did not allow the pain in his soul, sorrow and agony in his heart and attacks from his foes and enemies to destroy his trust in God’s steadfast Love. He made God his fortress, even when he was shaken as a person. Native doctors will fail and charms will disgrace! Sacrifices to demons will only give spiritual wounds! Do not put your trust in riches, in princes or kings- men and women of affluence will fail! Your good friends can also disappoint you in time of need; even a mother can forget her child! God will not leave or forsake His faithful servant.
When storms of life and hardship surround you, look up, your help will come from God. When you pass through the valley of the shadow of death, fear not, for out of the dungeon, God lifts up His own and makes him sit with princes and kings. Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his arm. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord (Jer. 17:5-cool. Trust in God is a powerful anchor and those who trust in Him are like mount Zion that cannot moved.

✝� PRAYER: Dear Lord, please grant me grace to trust and obey You in Jesus name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:50am On Nov 02, 2020
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR NOVEMBER 2 2020

(All Souls’ Day)

✝️�TOPIC: VICTORIOUS MARTYRS

✝️�TEXT: REVELATION 20:1-6(NKJV)
1. Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2. He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is [the] Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
3. and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.
4. And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then [I saw] the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received [his] mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
5. But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This [is] the first resurrection.
6. Blessed and holy [is] he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

✝️�STUDY

All over the world, Christians are facing death and other forms of persecution because of their faith and witness for Jesus. This should not be strange: It is part of our calling (1Peter 2:2). The passage we read today tells us about those believers who were killed for their faith in Christ Jesus. Though they were beheaded for their witness for Jesus, they were pictured in heaven as victorious saints. “For your sake we are killed all day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us” (Romans 8:36-37).

We are on the eve of persecution. Are you facing any form of suffering, pain, humiliation or are you threatened with death because of the Gospel? Verse4 gives us hope beyond the grave. We shall not only be in heaven, but shall judge with Christ and also reign with Him.Stand firm therefore and do not compromise your faith, nor deny your Lord for faithful is He that called you. Do not fear them that can kill the body, for there is going to be victory for all martyrs at last (Matt. 10:28, Rom. 8: 38-39).

�� PRAYER: God, please help me to be faithful even unto death.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:32am On Nov 03, 2020
✝️� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR NOVEMBER 3

✝️�TOPIC: THE GREAT DECEPTION

✝️�TEXT: REVELATION 20:7-10 (NKJV)

7. Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison
8. and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number [is] as the sand of the sea.
9. They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.
10. The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet [are.] And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

✝️�STUDY

At the end of the millennium reign of believers, we see a dramatic appearance of Satan on earth again. Even though Satan has been bound in the pit for 1000 years, he has not lost any of his cunning ways. He knows that evil nature, whether confined in a prison or subject to righteous rules, does not change (Rom.8:7-cool and having been loosed, Satan goes on to deceive the nations, leading them into a battle against God.

This has been Satan’s trick all along. This reaction shows that he will never repent; it also shows that humans are poised to rebel against God no matter how long or how many chances they are given to repent. Satan is still in the business of deceiving men and women and luring them to their destruction. He is the father of lies and deception right from the time of Adam and Eve. He is a rebel against God. We must therefore know that the devil’s purpose in the life of any man is to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10). We must flee from Satan’s plots and cling to Jesus, come what may.

✝️� PRAYER: Father please help me to be sensitive and vigilant to the antics of the enemy and help me never to give in to his deception.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:26am On Nov 04, 2020
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR NOVEMBER 4 2020

✝️�TOPIC: IS YOUR NAME IN THE BOOK OF LIFE?

✝️�TEXT: REVELATION 20:11-15 (NKJV)

11. Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.
12. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is [the Book] of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
13. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
14. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

✝️�STUDY

Our scripture reading today reveals that there are books that shall be opened at the end of our sojourn on earth. The great and small shall stand before the throne of God and books shall be opened- books properly containing the biography of the individual human lifeas seen by divine eyes and recorded by divine pen. This book contains all of man’s activities- things done in the secret and things done in the open, and which shall be brought to judgment.

After this, another book shall be opened, this book is called the Book of Life and it determines man’s final state. All whose name are not found in this second Book are cast into the lake of fire, but those whose names are found in the Book of Life will enter into eternal joy – a place of rest, peace, love, abundance, joy, etc. Our work on earth determines our placement in eternity. Those whose names are found in the Book of Life are people who have made a commitment of their lives to God and are living to please Him. Have you made peace with God? Think about it.

✝️� PRAYER: Lord I thank you for saving me and writing my name in the Book of life. Help me to stand strong in you and never give up.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:56am On Nov 06, 2020
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2020-11-06

✝�TOPIC: A SUPERIOR TABERNACLE

✝�TEXT: HEBREWS 9:1-10 (NKJV)

1. Then indeed, even the first [covenant] had ordinances of divine service and the earthly sanctuary.
2. For a tabernacle was prepared: the first [part,] in which [was] the lampstand, the table, and the showbread, which is called the sanctuary;
3. and behind the second veil, the part of the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of All,
4. which had the golden censer and the ark of the covenant overlaid on all sides with gold, in which [were] the golden pot that had the manna, Aaron's rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant;
5. and above it were the cherubim of glory overshadowing the mercy seat. Of these things we cannot now speak in detail.
6. Now when these things had been thus prepared, the priests always went into the first part of the tabernacle, performing [the services.]
7. But into the second part the high priest [went] alone once a year, not without blood, which he offered for himself and [for] the people's sins [committed] in ignorance;
8. the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing.
9. It [was] symbolic for the present time in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience --
10. [concerned] only with foods and drinks, various washings, and fleshly ordinances imposed until the time of reformation.

✝�STUDY

The writer of Hebrews digs through the Old Testament to bring out the history that led to where we are and what we have today. He talks about the two rooms, “The Holy Place” and the “Holy of Holies” and their significance (vs. 1-3) The contents of these rooms help us to understand Christ’s work of redemption. The lamp stand which provides light represents the light of God; the gold table has the twelve loaves of consecrated bread on it, which represents the twelve tribes of Israel; the “Holy of Holies” has a golden altar of incense which symbolises prayers ascending to God; the ark of covenant itself symbolises the presence of God.

Before the coming of Christ, only the High Priest had access to the “Holy of Holies” and just once in a year. But Christ has broken the dividing wall of tyranny for every believer to have unhindered access to the Father. When you give your life to Christ, this becomes one of the privileges you enjoy any day, anytime, anywhere. Come to Him today and your life will not be the same again.

✝� PRAYER: I come to you heavenly Father, through the access I have in Christ Jesus. Meet me at the point of my need both spiritually and physically in Jesus Name -Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:55am On Nov 08, 2020
✝️� *DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE OF NOVEMBER 8, 2020*

✝️�TOPIC: THE JOY OF SEEING JESUS CHRIST

✝️� TEXT: JOHN 16:21-24

21. A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.

22. Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.

23. “And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.

24. Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
John 16:21‭-‬24 NKJV

✝️� STUDY

Jesus said to the Disciples that "A little while and you will no longer see me, and again a little while, you will see me". He was speaking of his suffering and death. It would be a time of trauma, sorrow, weeping and pain for the Disciples. The enemy and the world would be happy but victory shall come by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

There is the Resurrection joy which Jesus brings. When the Disciples saw the Risen Jesus came, the rest of the Disciples said to him with joy and excitement "we have seen the Lord (John 20:25a). When a dinner in repentance meets with Jesus Christ, the Risen Lord, and believes in Him, there is always the joy of salvation. The grief and pain of Jesus on the cross is like the travail of child birth. When we repent and give our lives to Christ, there is joy in heaven (Luke 15:7). The greatest joy is when we see Jesus Christ in His glory, when he shall come to take the saints. Will you see Jesus Christ the Risen and exalted Lord? Come to Jesus now and you shall have the joy of our salvation.

✝️�PRAYER : Risen Lord Jesus christ, touch my life and help me to see you that I may have real joy that you alone can give.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:32am On Nov 09, 2020
✝️� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2020-11-09

✝️�TOPIC: ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD

✝️�TEXT: GENESIS 43:1-17 (NKJV)

1. Now the famine [was] severe in the land.
2. And it came to pass, when they had eaten up the grain which they had brought from Egypt, that their father said to them, "Go back, buy us a little food."
3. But Judah spoke to him, saying, "The man solemnly warned us, saying, 'You shall not see my face unless your brother [is] with you.' "
4. "If you send our brother with us, we will go down and buy you food.
5. "But if you will not send [him,] we will not go down; for the man said to us, 'You shall not see my face unless your brother [is] with you.' "
6. And Israel said, "Why did you deal [so] wrongfully with me [as] to tell the man whether you had still [another] brother?"
7. But they said, "The man asked us pointedly about ourselves and our family, saying, '[Is] your father still alive? Have you [another] brother?' And we told him according to these words. Could we possibly have known that he would say, 'Bring your brother down'?"
8. Then Judah said to Israel his father, "Send the lad with me, and we will arise and go, that we may live and not die, both we and you [and] also our little ones.
9. "I myself will be surety for him; from my hand you shall require him. If I do not bring him [back] to you and set him before you, then let me bear the blame forever.
10. "For if we had not lingered, surely by now we would have returned this second time."
11. And their father Israel said to them, "If [it must be] so, then do this: Take some of the best fruits of the land in your vessels and carry down a present for the man -- a little balm and a little honey, spices and myrrh, pistachio nuts and almonds.
12. "Take double money in your hand, and take back in your hand the money that was returned in the mouth of your sacks; perhaps it was an oversight.
13. "Take your brother also, and arise, go back to the man.
14. "And may God Almighty give you mercy before the man, that he may release your other brother and Benjamin. If I am bereaved, I am bereaved!"
15. So the men took that present and Benjamin, and they took double money in their hand, and arose and went down to Egypt; and they stood before Joseph.
16. When Joseph saw Benjamin with them, he said to the steward of his house, "Take [these] men to my home, and slaughter an animal and make ready; for [these] men will dine with me at noon."
17. Then the man did as Joseph ordered, and the man brought the men into Joseph's house.

✝️�STUDY

Jacob and his sons were occupied with the thought of getting relief from the severe famine that was ravaging the land. They could not see the famine as part of God’s overall plan of sending them to Egypt to be reunited with Joseph as well as feed from Egypt’s storehouses. If you are praying for relief from suffering, pressure or any other need and God does not answer as quickly as you expect, remember that He may be leading you to special treasures.

In verse 9, Judah accepted full responsibility for Benjamin’s safety. He did not know what that might mean to him, but he was determined to do his duty. In the end, it was his stirring words that caused Joseph to break down with emotion and reveal himself to his brothers (Gen. 44:18-34). Accepting responsibility is difficult, but it builds up character and confidence, earns others’ respect and motivates us to complete our work. When you have been given an assignment to complete or responsibility to fulfil, commit yourself to seeing it through.

✝️� PRAYER: God, help me to know that beyond my present state, there is a better plan for me.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:13am On Nov 10, 2020
✝️� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2020-11-10

✝️�TOPIC: INTEGRITY AND UPRIGHTNESS WILL PRESERVE YOU

✝️�TEXT: GENESIS 43:18 - 34 (NKJV)

18. Now the men were afraid because they were brought into Joseph's house; and they said, "[It is] because of the money, which was returned in our sacks the first time, that we are brought in, so that he may make a case against us and fall upon us, to take us as slaves with our donkeys."
19. When they drew near to the steward of Joseph's house, they talked with him at the door of the house,
20. and said, "O sir, we indeed came down the first time to buy food;
21. "but it happened, when we came to the encampment, that we opened our sacks, and there, [each] man's money [was] in the mouth of his sack, our money in full weight; so we have brought it back in our hand.
22. "And we have brought down other money in our hands to buy food. We do not know who put our money in our sacks."
23. But he said, "Peace [be] with you, do not be afraid. Your God and the God of your father has given you treasure in your sacks; I had your money." Then he brought Simeon out to them.
24. So the man brought the men into Joseph's house and gave [them] water, and they washed their feet; and he gave their donkeys feed.
25. Then they made the present ready for Joseph's coming at noon, for they heard that they would eat bread there.
26. And when Joseph came home, they brought him the present which [was] in their hand into the house, and bowed down before him to the earth.
27. Then he asked them about [their] well-being, and said, "[Is] your father well, the old man of whom you spoke? [Is] he still alive?"
28. And they answered, "Your servant our father [is] in good health; he [is] still alive." And they bowed their heads down and prostrated themselves.
29. Then he lifted his eyes and saw his brother Benjamin, his mother's son, and said, "[Is] this your younger brother of whom you spoke to me?" And he said, "God be gracious to you, my son."
30. Now his heart yearned for his brother; so Joseph made haste and sought [somewhere] to weep. And he went into [his] chamber and wept there.
31. Then he washed his face and came out; and he restrained himself, and said, "Serve the bread."
32. So they set him a place by himself, and them by themselves, and the Egyptians who ate with him by themselves; because the Egyptians could not eat food with the Hebrews, for that [is] an abomination to the Egyptians.
33. And they sat before him, the firstborn according to his birthright and the youngest according to his youth; and the men looked in astonishment at one another.
34. Then he took servings to them from before him, but Benjamin's serving was five times as much as any of theirs. So they drank and were merry with him.

✝️�STUDY

Living righteously is becoming increasingly difficult in our society. However, in today’s reading, we notice that Joseph’s brothers followed that difficult path, as instructed by their father (v.12), and were preserved. They were afraid because they were brought into Joseph’s house, but the just challenges of their consciences prompted them to immediately disclose the “error” of their money being returned. They thus laid their case bare before the steward, and as a substantial proof of their honesty, before they were charged with taking back their money, they produced it.

Notice the action of Joseph’s brothers in verses 26 & 28; cf 37:5-8. Times and seasons will come and go, but God will always fulfil that which He has said concerning the non-compromising righteous. Note also the way Joseph lavishly entertained the same brothers that sold him into slavery. What lessons do we learn from this? (Read Romans 12:17-21).

✝️� PRAYER: Lord, grant me the grace to follow the path of integrity and uprightness as I journey with You daily.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:28am On Nov 12, 2020
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF NOVEMBER 12, 2020

✝️�TOPIC: THE FRUIT OF YIELDEDNESS

✝️�TEXT: GENESIS 44:1-17 (NKJV)

1. And he commanded the steward of his house, saying, "Fill the men's sacks with food, as much as they can carry, and put each man's money in the mouth of his sack.
2. "Also put my cup, the silver cup, in the mouth of the sack of the youngest, and his grain money." So he did according to the word that Joseph had spoken.
3. As soon as the morning dawned, the men were sent away, they and their donkeys.
4. When they had gone out of the city, [and] were not [yet] far off, Joseph said to his steward, "Get up, follow the men; and when you overtake them, say to them, 'Why have you repaid evil for good?
5. '[Is] not this [the one] from which my lord drinks, and with which he indeed practices divination? You have done evil in so doing.' "
6. So he overtook them, and he spoke to them these same words.
7. And they said to him, "Why does my lord say these words? Far be it from us that your servants should do such a thing.
8. "Look, we brought back to you from the land of Canaan the money which we found in the mouth of our sacks. How then could we steal silver or gold from your lord's house?
9. "With whomever of your servants it is found, let him die, and we also will be my lord's slaves."
10. And he said, "Now also [let] it [be] according to your words; he with whom it is found shall be my slave, and you shall be blameless."
11. Then each man speedily let down his sack to the ground, and each opened his sack.
12. So he searched. He began with the oldest and left off with the youngest; and the cup was found in Benjamin's sack.
13. Then they tore their clothes, and each man loaded his donkey and returned to the city.
14. So Judah and his brothers came to Joseph's house, and he [was] still there; and they fell before him on the ground.
15. And Joseph said to them, "What deed [is] this you have done? Did you not know that such a man as I can certainly practice divination?"
16. Then Judah said, "What shall we say to my lord? What shall we speak? Or how shall we clear ourselves? God has found out the iniquity of your servants; here we are, my lord's slaves, both we and [he] also with whom the cup was found."
17. But he said, "Far be it from me that I should do so; the man in whose hand the cup was found, he shall be my slave. And as for you, go up in peace to your father."

✝️�STUDY

The timespan between Joseph’s dreams and their fulfilment should be over twenty years. Within that period, he endured his brothers’ antagonism that culminated in terrible betrayal. When favour began to smile on him in Potiphar’s house – to assuage the painful separation from his family – the devil struck again and landed him in a maximum security prison. It was a life sentence that could have easily led to beheading, judging by the baker’s fate. In all this, however, Joseph did not break his intimacy with God. He could have developed a sullen, bitter attitude. On the contrary, his cross drove him closer to God, which was why his spiritual gift flourished in the midst of inexplicable suffering.

Joseph’s submission to God’s dealings made him a blessing not only to Egypt but the entire known world. In today’s passage, Joseph was testing his brothers’ hearts to know whether they were still as hardened as when they had sold him in order to undo both him and their father. Note the difference now in verse 16. As a child of God, note that there is a fiery trial period for you. Let Joseph and the Lord Jesus be examples to help you hold on, undeterred. You never know the magnitude of fruit that your ordeal can yield (Ps. 126:5-6).

✝️� PRAYER: Grant me, Lord, to always submit to Your will by faith.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 10:09am On Nov 14, 2020
✝️� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF NOVEMBER 14, 2020

✝️�TOPIC: A GREAT REVELATION!

✝️�TEXT: GENESIS 45:1-15 (NKJV)

1. Then Joseph could not restrain himself before all those who stood by him, and he cried out, "Make everyone go out from me!" So no one stood with him while Joseph made himself known to his brothers.
2. And he wept aloud, and the Egyptians and the house of Pharaoh heard [it.]
3. Then Joseph said to his brothers, "I [am] Joseph; does my father still live?" But his brothers could not answer him, for they were dismayed in his presence.
4. And Joseph said to his brothers, "Please come near to me." So they came near. Then he said: "I [am] Joseph your brother, whom you sold into Egypt.
5. "But now, do not therefore be grieved or angry with yourselves because you sold me here; for God sent me before you to preserve life.
6. "For these two years the famine [has been] in the land, and [there are] still five years in which [there will be] neither plowing nor harvesting.
7. "And God sent me before you to preserve a posterity for you in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance.
8. "So now [it was] not you [who] sent me here, but God; and He has made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt.
9. "Hurry and go up to my father, and say to him, 'Thus says your son Joseph: "God has made me lord of all Egypt; come down to me, do not tarry.
10. "You shall dwell in the land of Goshen, and you shall be near to me, you and your children, your children's children, your flocks and your herds, and all that you have.
11. "There I will provide for you, lest you and your household, and all that you have, come to poverty; for [there are] still five years of famine." '
12. "And behold, your eyes and the eyes of my brother Benjamin see that [it is] my mouth that speaks to you.
13. "So you shall tell my father of all my glory in Egypt, and of all that you have seen; and you shall hurry and bring my father down here."
14. Then he fell on his brother Benjamin's neck and wept, and Benjamin wept on his neck.
15. Moreover he kissed all his brothers and wept over them, and after that his brothers talked with him.

✝️�STUDY

The very emotional speech by Judah in yesterday’s reading, reached a climax and Joseph could hold himself no longer. He had to reveal himself to his brothersand they were too terrified and speechless to reply. It was like a ghost of 22 years resurrecting to life! How would you have responded if you were Joseph? They must have been surprised, shocked and dismayed to hear that concerning the famine, they hadn’t seen anything yet: There were 5 more years to go! Joseph tried to put them at ease and spoke soothing and comforting words to them. He even had a ready plan in place to cater for all of them.

Read verses 5-8 again. We can choose to see the Lord’s hands in the events of life, especially the not-so-pleasant ones; or choose to wallow in bitterness and pain and gradually pine away. Our choices will determine to a great extent, the next phase. There is always something new to learn in whatever God allows to happen to us. Remember: “God is his own interpreter and He will make it plain” (if he chooses to!)

✝️� PRAYER: Lord, just as I have tasted the bitterness of the bud in life’s experiences, please let me know the sweetness of the flower. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:48am On Nov 15, 2020
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF NOVEMBER 15, 2020
(Trinity 23)

✝️�TOPIC: SONS OF LIGHT AND SONS OF THE DAY

✝️�TEXT: 1THESSALONIANS 5:1-11(NKJV)

1. But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you.
2. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
3. For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.
4. But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
5. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.
6. Therefore let us not sleep, as others [do,] but let us watch and be sober.
7. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night.
8. But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and [as] a helmet the hope of salvation.
9. For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
10. who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.
11. Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.

✝️�STUDY

Apostle Paul in this chapter addressed the necessity of being ready for the coming of the Lord. His audience were eager to know when Jesus would return in glory, so Paul reminded them that “the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night” (v.2). Thieves and evil perpetrators choose to work in the darkness of the night when others are asleep or drunk (vs. 6-7) However, the children of God are “sons of light and sons of the day” (vs. 4-5). They should not be found sleeping or drunk when that day comes. Instead, they should be in full control of themselves, spiritually vigilant and standing readily dressed in the amour of light (v.8 Rom. 13:12).

In view of the nearness of the coming of Christ, it is expected of believers to walk as children of light so that the Day will not come upon them unawares. “Walk as children of light” is a command (Eph. 5:8.) “Walking” here implies lifestyle. We must distinguish ourselves from those who are still living in darkness. Watch! Be on the alert. Awake! Commit yourself to growing in your relationship with the Lord which includes prayer, worship and studying to understand the Word of God. This is the lifestyle of the children of light, who have salvation in Jesus.
For further Reading: Ephesians 5:8-21

✝️� PRAYER: Dear heavenly Father, help me to show the world around me through my lifestyle that I belong to you. Help me not to follow the dark path but walk in the light of God. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:59am On Nov 18, 2020
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF NOVEMBER 18 2020

✝️�TOPIC: FULFILLING OF PROPHECY IGNITED

✝️�TEXT: GENESIS 46:26-34 (NKJV)

26. All the persons who went with Jacob to Egypt, who came from his body, besides Jacob's sons' wives, [were] sixty-six persons in all.
27. And the sons of Joseph who were born to him in Egypt [were] two persons. All the persons of the house of Jacob who went to Egypt were seventy.
28. Then he sent Judah before him to Joseph, to point out before him [the way] to Goshen. And they came to the land of Goshen.
29. So Joseph made ready his chariot and went up to Goshen to meet his father Israel; and he presented himself to him, and fell on his neck and wept on his neck a good while.
30. And Israel said to Joseph, "Now let me die, since I have seen your face, because you [are] still alive."
31. Then Joseph said to his brothers and to his father's household, "I will go up and tell Pharaoh, and say to him, 'My brothers and those of my father's house, who [were] in the land of Canaan, have come to me.
32. 'And the men [are] shepherds, for their occupation has been to feed livestock; and they have brought their flocks, their herds, and all that they have.'
33. "So it shall be, when Pharaoh calls you and says, 'What is your occupation?'
34. "that you shall say, 'Your servants' occupation has been with livestock from our youth even till now, both we [and] also our fathers,' that you may dwell in the land of Goshen; for every shepherd [is] an abomination to the Egyptians."

✝️�STUDY

In today’s reading, Israel arrives Egypt with all members of his household, fully prepared to take permanent residency, a development which essentially marked the beginning of the fulfilling of the divine pronouncement in Genesis 15:13-14. He dispatches Judah- the fourth of his children- to announce their arrival and to inquire from Joseph the way to Goshen.This was a leadership responsibility that should have traditionally fallen on Reuben. But it does appear that Judah had previously asserted himself. Jacob's meeting with his favourite son who had been formerly declared dead was a testimony so touching that Jacob would declare his readiness to die, not in the sense that he had become tired of life itself but as a tacit declaration of his satisfaction with the miracle of having a lost treasure restored to him.

Worthy of note in this passage also is Joseph's wise scheme to ensure that Israel settled in Goshen, distinctly separate from their hosts. Three things would be achieved: They would settle in the choicest part of Egypt; they would enjoy relative freedom to exercise their faith, and would not be tainted by the idolatrous posture of their hosts, as should be the case with all children of God.

✝️� PRAYER: Grant, OhLord, that I shall live to see your goodness in the land of the living.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:22am On Dec 07, 2020
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF DECEMBER 7 2020

✝️�TOPIC: DON’T BETRAY TRUST

✝️�TEXT: 2TIMOTHY 3:14-4:1-5(NKJV)

14. But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned [them,]
15. and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16. All Scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17. that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

4:1. I charge [you] therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom:

2. Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.

3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;

4. and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

5. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

✝️�STUDY

A managing director of a company once said that when he reflected on the lives of young children, youths and the elderly who were sustained by the earnings of those who work under him, he often feared the damage he would cause if the company collapsed. This made him to take his work seriously. In verse 14 of our text today, Timothy is strictly advised to be different in an evil generation. There are many people whose compromise can be dangerous in our society. Yes, other people may do the way they like but you must not follow them to betray trust. God has made an investment in your life and so your disappointment in this evil generation will be costly. The Bible is God’s inspired word;we should read it and apply it in our lives (vs. 16-17). Again, it is equally important for us to preach the gospel so that our Christian faith will spread.

Always do the right thing irrespective of what others around you are doing. The stars shine when it is dark;be and remain a soldier of Christ that stands for Him in all situations. Read the word of God, apply it in your life and preach it to others. Let your life also preach to people around you. Be sincere, honest and contented. Never lose sight of God’s trust upon your life;don’t also overlook the damage your simple life of compromise can cause to the faith. Let your main focus in life be to please God.

✝️�PRAYER: Heavenly father, help me to remain faithful to you in our changing world.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:23am On Dec 08, 2020
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF DECEMBER 8 2020

✝️�TOPIC: ACCREDITATION PROBLEM

✝️�TEXT: Exodus 4:1-9(NKJV)
1. Then Moses answered and said, "But suppose they will not believe me or listen to my voice; suppose they say, 'The LORD has not appeared to you.' "
2. So the LORD said to him, "What [is] that in your hand?" He said, "A rod."
3. And He said, "Cast it on the ground." So he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from it.
4. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Reach out your hand and take [it] by the tail" (and he reached out his hand and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand),
5. "that they may believe that the LORD God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has appeared to you."
6. Furthermore the LORD said to him, "Now put your hand in your bosom." And he put his hand in his bosom, and when he took it out, behold, his hand [was] leprous, like snow.
7. And He said, "Put your hand in your bosom again." So he put his hand in his bosom again, and drew it out of his bosom, and behold, it was restored like his [other] flesh.
8. "Then it will be, if they do not believe you, nor heed the message of the first sign, that they may believe the message of the latter sign.
9. "And it shall be, if they do not believe even these two signs, or listen to your voice, that you shall take water from the river and pour [it] on the dry [land.] And the water which you take from the river will become blood on the dry [land."]

✝️�STUDY

Today’s Scripture is a continuation of chapter 3 of Exodus. God wanted to send Moses to Pharaoh so that Moses would lead the people of Israel out of Egypt. In today’s reading, Moses was unsure and insecure about his leading the people of Israel;he therefore proposed a hypothetical situation of people not believing him or not listening to him, or even saying that it was not God that sent him. In response to Moses’ question, God gave him 3 signs to accredit him as having been chosen by God.

In our generation, many ministers of the gospel and believers face the problem of how they could make people believe they are true ministers called by God.

Some print big banners, billboards and posters and put them in strategic places. Some advertise themselves by taking names such as demon destroyer, powerful man of God, anointed man of God, etc. Some of these people do not really advertise Christ; they market themselves and their ministries. If you want people to believe that God sent you, you must submit to the word of God, love what God loves and do what He would do because by their fruits, we shall know them. Again you must be faithful to God in all your ways; faithfulness will commend you to people, and not you commending yourself (2Cor. 10:18; 1Cor. 4:1-2). Finally, if you are a true and faithful believer in Christ, signs and wonders will follow you (Mark 16:17-18).

✝️� PRAYER: Heavenly Father, please help me to submit to Your word, believe and obey You! Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:26am On Dec 09, 2020
✝️� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF DECEMBER 9 2020

✝️�TOPIC: FAKE EXCUSES!

✝️�TEXT: EXODUS 4:10-17 (NKJV)

10. Then Moses said to the LORD, "O my Lord, I [am] not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I [am] slow of speech and slow of tongue."
11. So the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? [Have] not I, the LORD?
12. "Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say."
13. But he said, "O my Lord, please send by the hand of whomever [else] You may send."
14. So the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and He said: "Is not Aaron the Levite your brother? I know that he can speak well. And look, he is also coming out to meet you. When he sees you, he will be glad in his heart.
15. "Now you shall speak to him and put the words in his mouth. And I will be with your mouth and with his mouth, and I will teach you what you shall do.
16. "So he shall be your spokesman to the people. And he himself shall be as a mouth for you, and you shall be to him as God.
17. "And you shall take this rod in your hand, with which you shall do the signs."

✝️�STUDY

Today again, Moses tried his best to evade the call of God upon him and to avoid being sent to do the duty God wanted him to do. He therefore disqualified himself by saying that he was not eloquent, but slow of speech and slow of tongue. God rejected all the excuses.

In our time, some people use fake excuses and selfish reasons to dodge the call and will of God for their lives and to frustrate the demands of God upon them. Some Christians fail to go to church for reasons of pressure of work. Some who don’t give to God claim that economy is bad, yet they pay their rents, feed well, train their children and executehuge projects. The truth is that human beings pay more attention to the things they value more. Check deep down your heart and see whether your reasons are fake or genuine.

In response to Moses’ evasive excuse, God in verse 11 asked him “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing or the blind? God actually made them all, and He can make them function any way He desires.Here, we see that God is more interested in our willingness to serve Him than in our ability to serve Him. No matter how weak we are, God will make His strength perfect in our weakness and use us if we are willing(2Cor. 12:9). Whenever we are willing to serve God, He will turn our weakness to strength and our foolishness to wisdom. Decide now to answer the call of God and He will give you peace and strength.

✝️� PRAYER: All to Jesus I surrender! God please accept my life, my soul, my money, my knowledge and my all.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:38am On Dec 10, 2020
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF DECEMBER 10 2020

✝️�TOPIC: YOU MUST GO IN PEACE!

✝️�TEXT: EXODUS 4:18-31 (NKJV)

18. So Moses went and returned to Jethro his father-in-law, and said to him, "Please let me go and return to my brethren who [are] in Egypt, and see whether they are still alive." And Jethro said to Moses, "Go in peace."
19. And the LORD said to Moses in Midian, "Go, return to Egypt; for all the men who sought your life are dead."
20. Then Moses took his wife and his sons and set them on a donkey, and he returned to the land of Egypt. And Moses took the rod of God in his hand.
21. And the LORD said to Moses, "When you go back to Egypt, see that you do all those wonders before Pharaoh which I have put in your hand. But I will harden his heart, so that he will not let the people go.
22. "Then you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the LORD: "Israel [is] My son, My firstborn.
23. "So I say to you, let My son go that he may serve Me. But if you refuse to let him go, indeed I will kill your son, your firstborn." ' "
24. And it came to pass on the way, at the encampment, that the LORD met him and sought to kill him.
25. Then Zipporah took a sharp stone and cut off the foreskin of her son and cast [it] at [Moses'] feet, and said, "Surely you [are] a husband of blood to me!"
26. So He let him go. Then she said, "[You are] a husband of blood!" -- because of the circumcision.
27. And the LORD said to Aaron, "Go into the wilderness to meet Moses." So he went and met him on the mountain of God, and kissed him.
28. So Moses told Aaron all the words of the LORD who had sent him, and all the signs which He had commanded him.
29. Then Moses and Aaron went and gathered together all the elders of the children of Israel.
30. And Aaron spoke all the words which the LORD had spoken to Moses. Then he did the signs in the sight of the people.
31. So the people believed; and when they heard that the LORD had visited the children of Israel and that He had looked on their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshiped.

✝️�STUDY

Verse 18 of today’s passage shows how Moses peacefully disengaged from Jethro his father-in-law. Moses said to him “Please let me go and return to my brethren in Egypt.”Despite that God had called Moses as a national leader and “deliverer” of Israel from the bondage of Egyptians, Moses did not look down on his father in law, but was very courteous in telling him that he was leaving. He did not leave with quarrel but in peace. In return to Moses’ humble approach, Jethro replied Him “Go in peace!”

Today we hardly find humble leaders. Many leaders trample upon their old friends and fathers. Some religious leaders who feel they are called by God treat their congregations with contempt. May this never be your portion! Today many junior pastors disengage from their senior pastors with quarrels and enmity.

Some transfers in the public service, church and other private organisations come about as a result of quarrel and fighting. There are young ladies who disengage from their parents and guardians and go into marriage through quarrel. As a Christian, ensure you settle every quarrel and difference with everyone yourelate with before disengaging from them. Let your disengagement be like that of Moses so that you may receive a response of “Go in peace!” which Moses received from Jethro.

✝️� PRAYER: My Father, please give me the humble mind which was also in Christ Jesus. Help me to treat all persons with courtesy and humility.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:21am On Dec 11, 2020
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN.* THE DAILY DEVOTIONAL OF THE CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2020 *THEME:* THE WICKED TASK MASTER

*BIBLE READING:* EXODUS 5: 1-14 *(NIV)*

1. Afterwards Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says:`Let my people go, so that they may hold a festival to me in the desert.'"
2. Pharaoh said, "Who is the LORD, that I should obey him and let Israel go? I do not know the LORD and I will not let Israel go."
3. Then they said, "The God of the Hebrews has met with us. Now let us take a three-day journey into the desert to offer sacrifices to the LORD our God, or he may strike us with plagues or with the sword."
4. But the king of Egypt said, "Moses and Aaron, why are you taking the people away from their labour? Get back to your work!"
5. Then Pharaoh said, "Look, the people of the land are now numerous, and you are stopping them from working."
6. That same day Pharaoh gave this order to the slave drivers and foremen in charge of the people:
7. "You are no longer to supply the people with straw for making bricks; let them go and gather their own straw.
8. But require them to make the same number of bricks as before; don't reduce the quota. They are lazy; that is why they are crying out,`Let us go and sacrifice to our God.'
9. Make the work harder for the men so that they keep working and pay no attention to lies."
10. Then the slave drivers and the foremen went out and said to the people, "This is what Pharaoh says:`I will not give you any more straw.
11. Go and get your own straw wherever you can find it, but your work will not be reduced at all.'"
12. So the people scattered all over Egypt to gather stubble to use for straw.
13. The slave drivers kept pressing them, saying, "Complete the work required of you for each day, just as when you had straw."
14. The Israelite foremen appointed by Pharaoh's slave drivers were beaten and were asked, "Why didn't you meet your quota of bricks yesterday or today, as before?"

In today’s passage, Moses and Aaron approached Pharaoh and demanded for the release of the Israelites who were in bondage in Egypt, but Pharaoh arrogantly defied that instruction from the Lord and even questioned “Who is the Lord that I should obey His voice...?” Instead of releasing the Israelites, Pharaoh reacted to their request by adding more task and burden to them, and by so doing made them to groan in pain. The reason Pharaoh crushed them was because Israel was in bondage in Egypt.

Today, many people as a result of sin are groaning in pain because of the bondage of the devil. Sin is the greatest bondage and Satan is the worst and most wicked task master. Satan manipulates and attacks people; he causes diseases, sicknesses, sexual immorality and various other forms of attacks. The more the Israelites asked Pharaoh for mercy, the more they were afflicted. In the same vein, the more people ask the devil for mercy, the more they are crushed, harassed, humiliated and reproached by the devil. The only escape route from the devil is Jesus Christ. If you give your life to Jesus and live in holiness and righteousness, then sin will not have dominion over you and Satan will not have power or authority over you (Romans 6:14). Do you want to be free from every reproach and harassment from the devil? Confess your sins now to God and ask Him to give you the power to overcome Satan.

*PRAYER:*
Gracious God, please give me the power to fight valiantly under Thy banner against sin, the world and the flesh. Make me a true Christian solider until life end.

*Daily Fountain Quote of the Day*

_"We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations."–*Chuck Swindoll*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:42am On Dec 13, 2020
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN.*
THE DAILY DEVOTIONAL OF THE CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* SUNDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2020 _*(Advent 3)*_
*THEME:* HUMILITY AND FAITHFULNESS- INDISPENSABLE VIRTUES

*BIBLE READING:* 1 CORINTHIANS 4: 1-5 *(NIV)*

1. So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God.
2. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.
3. I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself.
4. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.
5. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

In today’s reading, Paul urged the Corinthian Christians to think of him and other Christian leaders as mere servants of Christ who were entrusted with the mysteries of God. This virtue of humility is lacking in the church and society today where workers in the church want people to see them as great men and women of God. They want people to blow trumpets for them and praise them in the open. Many of them boast that it was only through their prayers that Mr. A or B was healed, helped or delivered. They want to be seen as semi-gods and thus encourage people to mention their names in testimonies they give in the church. Some of God’s workers even claim ministerial and academic titles they never earned.

The next virtue mentioned in verse 2 is faithfulness. Many Christians are not faithful in their places of work: They are habitual late comers; some embezzle official funds while some others cheat their business partners, masters and colleagues. More still, some married people cheat on their spouses. As a Christian, if you do not possess the virtue of faithfulness, you will miss the kingdom of God. No wonder we are enjoined in Revelations 2:10b to be faithful unto death and God will give us the crown of life.

My gracious God and King, please help me to be humble and faithful at all times.

_"We gain strength and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face…we must do that which we think we cannot.”–_ *Eleanor Roosevelt*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:48am On Dec 14, 2020
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN.*

*DATE:* MONDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2020 *THEME:* COVENANT-KEEPING GOD

*BIBLE READING:* EXODUS 6: 1-13 *(NIV)*

1. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Now you will see what I will do to Pharaoh: Because of my mighty hand he will let them go; because of my mighty hand he will drive them out of his country."
2. God also said to Moses, "I am the LORD.
3. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD I did not make myself known to them.
4. I also established my covenant with them to give them the land of Canaan, where they lived as aliens.
5. Moreover, I have heard the groaning of the Israelites, whom the Egyptians are enslaving, and I have remembered my covenant.
6. "Therefore, say to the Israelites:`I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment.
7. I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians.
8. And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the LORD.'"
9. Moses reported this to the Israelites, but they did not listen to him because of their discouragement and cruel bondage.
10. Then the LORD said to Moses,
11. "Go, tell Pharaoh king of Egypt to let the Israelites go out of his country."
12. But Moses said to the LORD, "If the Israelites will not listen to me, why would Pharaoh listen to me, since I speak with faltering lips?"
13. Now the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron about the Israelites and Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he commanded them to bring the Israelites out of Egypt.

Today’s passage reveals God’s assurance of reaction against Pharaoh for maltreating the Israelites. In verse 1 God says “Now you shall see what I will do to Pharaoh…” God is poised to fight the battle of His people and to put the enemies to rout. You should not therefore be afraid. In the fullness of time, God will react on your behalf. No wonder David cried out in Psalm 68:1 “Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered…” Whenever your life or peace is threatened, do not panic. Call upon God and He will react on your behalf.

In verse 5, God said He had heard the groaning of His people Israel and had remembered His covenant. This shows us that God remembers His covenant and promises to His people. In all the changing scenes of your life, be assured that God will never forget His promises to you. In Psalm 89:34, God says “My covenant will I not break nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lip….”
When you are sick, remind God of His promise to heal you. When you ask, remind Him of His promise that you will receive; when you seek, remind God of His promise that you will find; when you knock, remind God of His promise that it will be opened to you. When you are in trouble remind God of His promise to deliver you. God has said He would never leave nor forsake you. Let these covenants restore your hope and increase your faith.

Pass me not, Oh gentle Saviour!

_"We may speak about a place where there are no tears, no death, no fear, no night; but those are just the benefits of heaven. The beauty of heaven is seeing God."—_ *Max Lucado*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:54am On Dec 15, 2020
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN.*

*DATE:* TUESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2020 *THEME:* ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

*BIBLE READING:* EXODUS 6: 14-30 *(NIV)*

14. These were the heads of their families: The sons of Reuben the firstborn son of Israel were Hanoch and Pallu, Hezron and Carmi. These were the clans of Reuben.
15. The sons of Simeon were Jemuel, Jamin, Ohad, Jakin, Zohar and Shaul the son of a Canaanite woman. These were the clans of Simeon.
16. These were the names of the sons of Levi according to their records: Gershon, Kohath and Merari. Levi lived 137 years.
17. The sons of Gershon, by clans, were Libni and Shimei.
18. The sons of Kohath were Amram, Izhar, Hebron and Uzziel. Kohath lived 133 years.
19. The sons of Merari were Mahli and Mushi. These were the clans of Levi according to their records.
20. Amram married his father's sister Jochebed, who bore him Aaron and Moses. Amram lived 137 years.
21. The sons of Izhar were Korah, Nepheg and Zicri.
22. The sons of Uzziel were Mishael, Elzaphan and Sithri.
23. Aaron married Elisheba, daughter of Amminadab and sister of Nahshon, and she bore him Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar.
24. The sons of Korah were Assir, Elkanah and Abiasaph. These were the Korahite clans.
25. Eleazar son of Aaron married one of the daughters of Putiel, and she bore him Phinehas. These were the heads of the Levite families, clan by clan.
26. It was this same Aaron and Moses to whom the LORD said, "Bring the Israelites out of Egypt by their divisions."
27. They were the ones who spoke to Pharaoh king of Egypt about bringing the Israelites out of Egypt. It was the same Moses and Aaron.
28. Now when the LORD spoke to Moses in Egypt,
29. he said to him, "I am the LORD. Tell Pharaoh king of Egypt everything I tell you."
30. But Moses said to the LORD, "Since I speak with faltering lips, why would Pharaoh listen to me?"

Today’s reading gives us the genealogical (succession history) of Levi, the third son of Jacob through Leah. It also identifies Moses and Aaron as descendants of Levi. Verse 26 tells us that Aaron and Moses named in this list are the same persons to whom God said “Bring out the children of Israel from the land of Egypt according to their armies.” This word of power spoken by God to Moses and Aaron should have inspired faith and hope in them, but verses 29 and 30 show disappointment from Moses and Aaron. God said to Moses “I am the Lord, speak to Pharaoh, King of Egypt all that I say to you!” However, Moses argued with the Lord and said “Behold I am of uncircumcised lips, and how shall Pharaoh heed me?” His argument shows:
1. He was afraid of Pharaoh and did not consider God all-powerful.
2. He was very reluctant to go for the mission and did not believe or understand what God told him in verse 26.

This is not a good example to follow. Whenever God speaks to you, His word comes with power and authority. Psalm 62:11 makes it clear: “God has spoken once, twice I have heard this: that power belongs to God.” David was a small boy but he did not consider or fear the height or stature of Goliath, rather he considered and trusted the strength and omnipotence of the God of the armies of Israel. In life, do not consider the enormity of your problem or the strength of your adversary; rather consider the greatness and the omnipotence of your God.

Carefully consider those problems, challenges and situations that have seemed impossible to handle and boldly pray to God for solutions now.

_"We never grow closer to God when we just live life. It takes deliberate pursuit and attentiveness."—_ *Francis Chan*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:36am On Dec 21, 2020
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN.*

*DATE:* MONDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2020 *THEME:* THE SON, SUPERIOR TO ALL

*BIBLE READING:* HEBREWS 1: 1-14 *(NIV)*

1. In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
2. but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.
3. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
4. So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
5. For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father"? Or again, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son"?
6. And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him."
7. In speaking of the angels he says, "He makes his angels winds, his servants flames of fire."
8. But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the sceptre of your kingdom.
9. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy."
10. He also says, "In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.
11. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment.
12. You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end."
13. To which of the angels did God ever say, "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet"?
14. Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Jesus Christ the Son of God is superior to all; this is because He is the end of revelation. He is the incarnate Word of God Who is God Himself (John 1:1). By Him and through Him, the universe was made (v.2). It has also pleased God the Father to appoint Him heir of all things as He radiates the glory of God; being the exact representation of His being (v.3).

Jesus being equal with the Father, is no doubt superior to all. No wonder all angels were commanded to worship him (v.6). Those who seek God the Father or worship Him must seek Him through Jesus. He is the way, the Truth and the Life – there is simply no other Way! No one comes to the Father except through Him (John 14:6). He is the only way or means for the salvation of mankind. The Bible declares that, “he who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son does not have life” (1 John 5:12). We must tell it to the world loud and clear, “no other faith leads to life, no other name by which mankind can be saved” (Acts 4:12). To receive eternal life, we must receive Him and believe in Him (John 1:2).

Help me, Oh Lord, to receive and believe in Jesus Christ as my only Lord and Saviour. *Amen.*

_“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.”_ *(Psalm 23:4)*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 2:32am On Dec 22, 2020
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN.*

*DATE:* TUESDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2020 *THEME:* DON’T DRIFT AWAY!

*BIBLE READING:* HEBREWS 2: 1-9 *(NIV)*

1. We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.
2. For if the message spoken by angels was binding, and every violation and disobedience received its just punishment,
3. how shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him.
4. God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.
5. It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking.
6. But there is a place where someone has testified: "What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?
7. You made him a little lower than the angels; you crowned him with glory and honour
8. and put everything under his feet." In putting everything under him, God left nothing that is not subject to him. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to him.
9. But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honour because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

The passage begins with a passionate appeal to the Hebrews to give careful consideration to the message of salvation they have heard, lest they drift away. In verse 2, we read that the salvation message was spoken earlier by angels to people in the past which some who heard it did not give heed and were punished for their stubbornness. Verse 3 calls the salvation the Hebrews must not neglect, “so great a salvation!” God has confirmed that great salvation historically with signs and wonders through the Holy Spirit (vs. 3-4). Therefore, to neglect such a great salvation would mean facing God’s judgment. The Collect for Advent II enjoins us to pray to the Lord to:

...prepare our minds to receive the gospel, help us so to hear them, to read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them that, through patience, and the comfort of Your holy word, we may embrace and forever hold fast the hope of everlasting life, which You have given us in our Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen.

Beloved, this is a call to work out our salvation with fear and trembling (cf Phil. 2:12). Let us desire to be with the Lord through prayer and meditation on His Word, seizing every opportunity to be at prayer meetings and Bible Study/Sunday School. If we are not to drift away, let us be alert and prepare for that great Day; living everyday as if it is our last; and confident that at the final salvation, we would be partakers of the glorious church, not having any spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but holy and without blemish.

Father, help us never to neglect such a great salvation in Jesus’ name. *Amen!*

_“Who walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the Lord and rely upon His God.”_ *(Isaiah 50:10)*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:56am On Dec 23, 2020
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN.*

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 23, 2020 *THEME:* JESUS, MADE LIKE US

*BIBLE READING:* HEBREWS 2: 10-18 *(NIV)*

10. For it was fitting for Him, for whom [are] all things and by whom [are] all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
11. For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified [are] all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,
12. saying: "I will declare Your name to My brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You."
13. And again: "I will put My trust in Him." And again: "Here am I and the children whom God has given Me."
14. Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
15. and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
16. For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham.
17. Therefore, in all things He had to be made like [His] brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things [pertaining] to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.
18. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.

How gladdening to know that Jesus came into this world and was made like us. Jesus became like us - He was hungry, thirsty and tired. He was tempted and even wept when Lazarus died. In the midst of these human weaknesses, Jesus did not succumb to temptation. He remained obedient at all times. So, Jesus understands our weaknesses and we can run to Him always to turn our weakness into strength (cf 2 Cor. 12:9-10). Jesus can and will help to restore our broken relationship with God. As a merciful and faithful High Priest, as we commit ourselves fully to Him, trusting completely in what He has done for us on the cross, we are set free from sin’s domination.

Beloved, let us come to Jesus to be restored to the Father. It is not God’s will “that any should perish but that all should come to repentance” (2 Pet. 3:9).

Father, I renew my allegiance to Your Son Who had to become like me so that I will not be damned, in Jesus’s name. *Amen!*

_“Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.”_ *(Psalm 126:5)*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:15am On Dec 25, 2020
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN.*

*DATE:* FRIDAY, DECEMBER 25, 2020 _*(Christmas Day)*_
*THEME:* JOY TO THE WORLD!

*BIBLE READING:* MATTHEW 2: 1-12 *(NIV)*

1. After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem
2. and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him."
3. When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him.
4. When he had called together all the people's chief priests and teachers of the law, he asked them where the Christ was to be born.
5. "In Bethlehem in Judea," they replied, "for this is what the prophet has written:
6. "`But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will be the shepherd of my people Israel.'"
7. Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared.
8. He sent them to Bethlehem and said, "Go and make a careful search for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him."
9. After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was.
10. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed.
11. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshipped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.
12. And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.

“Glory be God on high and
Peace to the earth amongst men
theSaviour is born!”!

One great event in human history is that God took upon Himself, the human body, that He might save His people from their sin. But those who received the promise of the coming Messiah neither recognised nor received Him. It took complete strangers to announce the birth of Christ to the king, Herod and “all Jerusalem.” However, the event which brought joy and worship in these “gentile” magi, brought sorrow and mourning to those who were supposed to be the privileged first recipients. Herod’s real desire in worshipping the “Star” (Jesus) was to destroy Him. But God destroyed his plans. My dear friend, as you remain in Christ, any plan by Satan and his cohorts to put you out or destroy you, will come to nothing in Jesus’ name!

King Herod was the “Star Hunter” wanting to destroy the Star of Baby Jesus because he saw the Baby as threat. But God thwarted his plans. Even so, all “Star hunters” looking for your “shining children” will have their plans turned against them.The joyful song of the angels announcing the birth of the Messiah will drown every sigh and sorrow that has been your experience, in Jesus’ name.

Dear Heavenly Father, may the joy of Christmas brighten my life for Your glory, in Jesus’ name.

_“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”_ *(Philippians 4:13)*

_*MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR HOUSEHOLD*_
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:31am On Dec 26, 2020
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN.*

*DATE:* SATURDAY, DECEMBER 26, 2020 _*(St. Stephen's Day)*_ *THEME:* ST. STEPHEN _*(The First Martyr)*_

*BIBLE READING:* ACTS 6: 1-15 *(NIV)*

1. Now in those days, when [the number of] the disciples was multiplying, there arose a complaint against the Hebrews by the Hellenists, because their widows were neglected in the daily distribution.
2. Then the twelve summoned the multitude of the disciples and said, "It is not desirable that we should leave the word of God and serve tables.
3. "Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of [good] reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business;
4. "but we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word."
5. And the saying pleased the whole multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit, and Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch,
6. whom they set before the apostles; and when they had prayed, they laid hands on them.
7. Then the word of God spread, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests were obedient to the faith.
8. And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and signs among the people.
9. Then there arose some from what is called the Synagogue of the Freedmen (Cyrenians, Alexandrians, and those from Cilicia and Asia), disputing with Stephen.
10. And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the Spirit by which he spoke.
11. Then they secretly induced men to say, "We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses and God."
12. And they stirred up the people, the elders, and the scribes; and they came upon [him,] seized him, and brought [him] to the council.
13. They also set up false witnesses who said, "This man does not cease to speak blasphemous words against this holy place and the law;
14. "for we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and change the customs which Moses delivered to us."
15. And all who sat in the council, looking steadfastly at him, saw his face as the face of an angel.

Stephen was not a Jew by birth, and not one of the Apostles. He was elected one of the deacons to serve food amongst the widows. Someone described him as mere “dining hall prefect.” But he was “a man full of the Holy Spirit and with faith” (v.5). The power and grace of God working in a man transforms the most menial work into great miracles and wonders. But his appointment exposed him to the challenge of being the first Christian martyr. What a glorious death! (Acts 7:54-60; Psalm 119:15). Today, all over the world, many Christians are daily persecuted and killed for Christ’s sake. We must not forget to continually pray for them!

Those who suffer and die for their faith in Christ must not despair or think that they have died in vain. On the contrary, the Lord Jesus is waiting to welcome them.

Lord Jesus, give us the grace that you gave to your servant Stephen to persevere to the end. *Amen!*

_“If God is for us, who can be against us?”_ *(Romans 8:31)*

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Copy And Paste Not A Sin - Rev. Uche Ume (Video) / Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? / Endtimes : People Can Expect Significant Changes By 2030 - Don Koenig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 281
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.