Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (11709 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:27am On Sep 08, 2020
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE OF SEPTEMBER 8, 2020
(Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary)

✝�TOPIC: HUMILITY
TEXT: Luke 1:39-56(NKJV)
39. Now Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste, to a city of Judah,
40. and entered the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth.
41. And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
42. Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, "Blessed [are] you among women, and blessed [is] the fruit of your womb!
43. "But why [is] this [granted] to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44. "For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
45. "Blessed [is] she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord."
46. And Mary said: "My soul magnifies the Lord,
47. And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
48. For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant; For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed.
49. For He who is mighty has done great things for me, And holy [is] His name.
50. And His mercy [is] on those who fear Him From generation to generation.
51. He has shown strength with His arm; He has scattered [the] proud in the imagination of their hearts.
52. He has put down the mighty from [their] thrones, And exalted [the] lowly.
53. He has filled [the] hungry with good things, And [the] rich He has sent away empty.
54. He has helped His servant Israel, In remembrance of [His] mercy,
55. As He spoke to our fathers, To Abraham and to his seed forever."
56. And Mary remained with her about three months, and returned to her house.

✝�STUDY

Today is the feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Christians in the East and West commemorate the birth of Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ. One of her virtues was humility, the quality of not thinking that you are better than others. Humility and submission go hand in hand. The Bible consistently condemns pride and arrogance (James 4:6). If a person is full of himself or herself, God won’t be able to use him/her for His glory. Every servant of God in the Bible was humble- God works only with the humble. A person, who sees himself or herself to be more important than others, would not be able to completely do the will of God. In verse 48, Mary humbled herself before God. Though she was nobody in the eyes of men, she was somebody in the eyes of God. Truly, our worth is found in God’s eyes. How people judge us is nothing compared to how we stand with God. At the end of the day, it is what God thinks of us that really matters.

As a Christian, you are to seek to please God with your life. You need to fear Him and keep His words. This should be your focus; to humble yourself under God’s will;to live to please Him and keep His commandsand not to try to meet human demands and expectations. Finally, you should be humble in dealing with others no matter the position we occupy (Phil. 2:1-11).

✝�PRAYER: Dear Lord, grant me the grace to be humble in every situation through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Credits: Daily fountain Devotional
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:14am On Sep 09, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE OF SEPTEMBER 9, 2020

✝�TOPIC: THE DAY OF THE LORD(1)

✝�TEXT: ZECHARIAH 14:1-9(NKJV)
1. Behold, the day of the LORD is coming, And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
2. For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; The city shall be taken, The houses rifled, And the women ravished. Half of the city shall go into captivity, But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3. Then the LORD will go forth And fight against those nations, As He fights in the day of battle.
4. And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, From east to west, [Making] a very large valley; Half of the mountain shall move toward the north And half of it toward the south.
5. Then you shall flee [through] My mountain valley, For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal. Yes, you shall flee As you fled from the earthquake In the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Thus the LORD my God will come, [And] all the saints with You.
6. It shall come to pass in that day [That] there will be no light; The lights will diminish.
7. It shall be one day Which is known to the LORD -- Neither day nor night. But at evening time it shall happen [That] it will be light.
8. And in that day it shall be [That] living waters shall flow from Jerusalem, Half of them toward the eastern sea And half of them toward the western sea; In both summer and winter it shall occur.
9. And the LORD shall be King over all the earth. In that day it shall be -- "The LORD [is] one," And His name one.

✝�STUDY

The book of Zechariah 14 is an archetype of the Gospel according to St Matthew chapter 24 which revealed that The Day of the Lord would be full of surprises and mixed-feelings. It would be a day of wrath and fierce anger, and everyone would be judged accordingly (v.1; Isa. 13:9; Matt. 24:2). Then, everyone would be gathered under a clarion call unto Jerusalem and be dealt with in cruelty. It would relay rapture experiences as there would be two divides where the godly (the saints) would be called up unto the Lord Jesus (vs. 3-5). No one would be unaware of this great event (Matt. 24:23-27). That day, there won’t be light neither would there be any form of darkness (vs. 6-7; Acts 2:20). That day would completely and exclusively be handled by the Lord Jesus (vs. 8, 9; Rev. 11:15).
Beloved, we will not need the assistance of a chief justice to determine the rightness or otherwise of an action. Every soul and action will be handled by Jesus alone who will give to everyone according to his deeds. It is going to be a day of separation between two different attitudes and lifestyles (Matt. 24:38-43). Only the prepared will not gnash their teeth in regret. How prepared are you for this great day?

✝� PRAYER: Lord, help me to remember that whatever I do today will be brought to judgment one day, and grant me repentant heart where necessary. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:39am On Sep 10, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 10 SEPTEMBER 2020

✝�TOPIC: THE DAY OF THE LORD - THE NEW JERUSALEM(2)

✝�TEXT: ZECHARIAH 14:10-21(NKJV)
10. All the land shall be turned into a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be raised up and inhabited in her place from Benjamin's Gate to the place of the First Gate and the Corner Gate, and [from] the Tower of Hananeel to the king's winepresses.
11. [The people] shall dwell in it; And no longer shall there be utter destruction, But Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
12. And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.
13. It shall come to pass in that day [That] a great panic from the LORD will be among them. Everyone will seize the hand of his neighbor, And raise his hand against his neighbor's hand;
14. Judah also will fight at Jerusalem. And the wealth of all the surrounding nations Shall be gathered together: Gold, silver, and apparel in great abundance.
15. Such also shall be the plague On the horse [and] the mule, On the camel and the donkey, And on all the cattle that will be in those camps. So [shall] this plague [be.]
16. And it shall come to pass [that] everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
17. And it shall be [that] whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, on them there will be no rain.
18. If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they [shall have] no [rain;] they shall receive the plague with which the LORD strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
19. This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
20. In that day "HOLINESS TO THE LORD" shall be [engraved] on the bells of the horses. The pots in the LORD's house shall be like the bowls before the altar.
21. Yes, every pot in Jerusalem and Judah shall be holiness to the LORD of hosts. Everyone who sacrifices shall come and take them and cook in them. In that day there shall no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.

✝�STUDY

The New City, Jerusalem, as promised in today’s passage shall be free from war, attack and destruction (v.11) because it is founded by the Lord Jesus. In it, there won’t be any jot of sin or anything that works corruption; it will be a complete holy city of God (Rev. 21:1, 2).
Jerusalem has been from time immemorial, honoured, as the City of God and the focal point of the entire world’s worship. No wonder, people from all walks of life would always go to Jerusalem to perform their holy pilgrimage. Alas! No matter how descent, amusing and fascinating this earthly Jerusalem may seem, its beauty cannot be compared with the New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God (Rev. 21:1,2). It is a glorious home we all as Christians wish to inherit. Everyone except sinners is welcomed in this New Jerusalem. And all hope is not lost on such sinners inasmuch as they have repented from their sins while on earth. There’s no repentance beyond here, and unfortunately, tomorrow is promised to no man. Repent today so you can be part of this glorious New Jerusalem.

✝� PRAYER: Lord Jesus, count me worthy in Your Kingdom, the New Jerusalem.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:26am On Sep 11, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 11 SEPTEMBER 2020

✝�TOPIC: THE SECRET OF TRUE WISDOM

✝�TEXT: PROVERBS 1:1-7(NKJV)

1. The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel:
2. To know wisdom and instruction, To perceive the words of understanding,
3. To receive the instruction of wisdom, Justice, judgment, and equity;
4. To give prudence to the simple, To the young man knowledge and discretion --
5. A wise [man] will hear and increase learning, And a man of understanding will attain wise counsel,
6. To understand a proverb and an enigma, The words of the wise and their riddles.
7. The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge, [But] fools despise wisdom and instruction.

✝�STUDY

Wisdom has been defined as the application of knowledge, but not just application of knowledge but the right application of knowledge. For instance in I Samuel 3, when king Saul had waited for Samuel for seven days according to his(Samuel’s) word, the Philistines were already advancing against themand many of his people had deserted him as a result of not seeing who was to offer the sacrifice, Saul then applied his human wisdom which seemed to be reasonable and good. James 4:17 says, “But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, without uncertainty.’’

The instruction provided in the book of Proverbs is to provide us with wisdom with which to handle the everyday affairs of life. Verse7 of our text reveals to us that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, to fear God is to obey Him completely, that is the secret. It is not just to have the knowledge of what to do but doing it with the fear of God. Saul hardly finished with the offering of the sacrifice when Samuel arrived, what a tragedy! He was regarded as a fool and a disobedient fellowand this cost him and his lineage eternal regret. One guiding principle for finding true wisdom is to have the fear of the Lord. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.

✝� PRAYER: God of covenant, you promised in your word that whosoever lacks wisdom should ask, I pray that you guide me through your wisdom to handle the affairs of my life in accordance with your will, in Jesus name .Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:03am On Sep 14, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE OF 14 SEPTEMBER 2020
(Holy Cross Day)

✝�TOPIC: OBEDIENCE BRINGS GLORY

✝�TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 2:5-11(NKJV)
5. Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
6. who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
7. but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, [and] coming in the likeness of men.
8. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to [the point of] death, even the death of the cross.
9. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
10. that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
11. and [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

✝�STUDY

Rose of Lima once said, “Apart from the cross, there is no other ladder by which we may get to heaven.” Cross is symbolic to Christianity. Today commemorates the recovery of the Holy Cross which had been placed on Mt. Calvary by St Helena and preserved in Jerusalem but had fallen into the hands of Chosroas, King of the Persians. The precious relic was recovered and returned to Jerusalem by Emperor Heralius in 629 AD. In verse 8, Christ humbled Himself from the glorious and divine form to human form, in order to die for sinful and corrupt mankind. He did it in obedience to His father’s will.

To follow Christ, you too must be ready to obey Him even unto suffering (Heb. 12:4). When you identify with Christ on the cross, sharing in His suffering through obedience, then you share in His glory. The opportunity to glorify God by our obedience should be one of our compelling motives for living. Some people find it difficult to obey simple and godly instructions from their parents, superiors, doctors, teachers, and pastors. But we must remember that these are also messengers from God to guide us through life. For you to glorify God, there is no other way than to be obedient to Jesus Christ. Your steps in obedience, though tough to follow through, will bring glory to God and upliftment to you.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, help me to be obedient to Your commands no matter what it may take, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Credits: Daily Fountain Devotional
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:46am On Sep 15, 2020
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE OF 15 SEPTEMBER 2020

✝�TOPIC: LIFE IS GOOD: ONLY IN CHRIST

✝�TEXT: ECCL. 1:1-11 (NKJV)
1. The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.
2. "Vanity of vanities," says the Preacher; "Vanity of vanities, all [is] vanity."
3. What profit has a man from all his labor In which he toils under the sun?
4. [One] generation passes away, and [another] generation comes; But the earth abides forever.
5. The sun also rises, and the sun goes down, And hastens to the place where it arose.
6. The wind goes toward the south, And turns around to the north; The wind whirls about continually, And comes again on its circuit.
7. All the rivers run into the sea, Yet the sea [is] not full; To the place from which the rivers come, There they return again.
8. All things [are] full of labor; Man cannot express [it.] The eye is not satisfied with seeing, Nor the ear filled with hearing.
9. That which has been [is] what will be, That which [is] done is what will be done, And [there is] nothing new under the sun.
10. Is there anything of which it may be said, "See, this [is] new"? It has already been in ancient times before us.
11. [There is] no remembrance of former [things,] Nor will there be any remembrance of [things] that are to come By [those] who will come after.

✝�STUDY

This book - Ecclesiastes - is a compendium of what Solomon the King of Israel discovered by the hand of the Lord about life. Most of the discoveries were through his personal life experiences (when he was in tune with the Lord, and when he backslid from Him). A common feature in the book is the denial of any profit or gain to a person's labour. The term ‘gain’ is unique to Ecclesiastes. Generally, it refers to what is left over (a gain or a profit), after removing the principal invested in a business; or metaphorically, to what is advantageous or of benefit. Solomon affirmed at the outset that humans earn no essential advantage or profit from all their toil down here on the earth (this is what the phrase ‘under the sun’ means). He supported his opinion by referring to the ceaseless rounds of human generations through the temporalnature of a person's existence (v.4) and of nature (sun, moon and the sea) in constant motion but which never arrive at any fixed goal or lasting rest (vs. 5-7).

The above description by Solomon is of a life without Christ. Jesus says, ‘I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly’ (John 10:10). When one lives in Christ, everything becomes profitable to God and to the world around the person. Our lives in Christ glorify God, and bless humanity. Even the person would not have lived in vain because the Scriptures affirm, ‘Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labour is not in vain in the Lord’ (1 Corinthians 15:58). Life is ‘not in vain’ if it is lived according to the will of God, and that is what Solomon teaches today in the power of the Holy Spirit.

✝� PRAYER: Dear Lord, cause my life to be profitable to You, the people I come across today, my family, and myself in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:23am On Sep 16, 2020
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN *
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL OF THE*
*CHURCH OF NIGERIA (ANGLICAN COMMUNION)*
DATE: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2020
TOPIC: SIN TURNS BLESSING TO CURSE
READ: ECCLESIASTES 1:12-18 (NKJV)

12. I, the Preacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem.
13. And I set my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all that is done under heaven; this burdensome task God has given to the sons of man, by which they may be exercised.
14. I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and indeed, all [is] vanity and grasping for the wind.
15. [What is] crooked cannot be made straight, And what is lacking cannot be numbered.
16. I communed with my heart, saying, "Look, I have attained greatness, and have gained more wisdom than all who were before me in Jerusalem. My heart has understood great wisdom and knowledge."
17. And I set my heart to know wisdom and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also is grasping for the wind.
18. For in much wisdom [is] much grief, And he who increases knowledge increases sorrow.

*THE MESSAGE:*

King Solomon, the writer of this scripture began his reign as a humble servant of the Lord, seeking God's wisdom and help (1 Kings 3:5-15). In response to his humble prayer, God promised him both wisdom and wealth (1 Kings 3:3-15); and He kept His promise. As Solomon grew older, he turned away from the Lord to the false gods of the many wives he married from foreign lands (1 Kings 11:1 ff). These marriages were motivated primarily by politics, not love, as Solomon sought alliances with the nations around Israel. In fact, many of the things Solomon did to bring glory to Israel were contrary to the Word of God (Deuteronomy 17:14-20). The passage today is a reflection of a miserable king in his latter years. God removed His hand of blessing (1 Kings 11), but only maintained Solomon's throne because of His promise to David his father. There is no record that King Solomon repented and turned to the Lord, but his message in Ecclesiastes suggests that he did, because the book appears to be the kind a person would write near the close of life, reflecting on life's experiences and the lessons learned. He probably wrote this during the years he faithfully walked with God, and near the end of his life.

Therefore, one thing is always constant: God is faithful no matter how we err from Him. But He is always waiting for His repentant child. The stupendous wealth and wisdom of Solomon could not give him joy anymore because God was not in them. Wealth and success can never bring fulfilment of life if Christ is lost. Many lose Christ when they seek these things. Seek first the Kingdom of heaven and all these things shall be added to you (Matthew 6:33)

*PRAYER:* Father, let me not derail from Your ways, so that Your blessings will not turn to curse in my life.

Credits Daily Fountain Devotional
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2020
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR SEPTEMBER 18 2020

✝�TOPIC: ACCEPT LIFE AS GOD'S GIFT AND ENJOY IT IN GOD'S WILL

✝�TEXT: Ecclesiastes 2:12-26

(NKJV)
12. Then I turned myself to consider wisdom and madness and folly; For what [can] the man [do] who succeeds the king? -- [Only] what he has already done.
13. Then I saw that wisdom excels folly As light excels darkness.
14. The wise man's eyes [are] in his head, But the fool walks in darkness. Yet I myself perceived That the same event happens to them all.
15. So I said in my heart, "As it happens to the fool, It also happens to me, And why was I then more wise?" Then I said in my heart, "This also [is] vanity."
16. For [there is] no more remembrance of the wise than of the fool forever, Since all that now [is] will be forgotten in the days to come. And how does a wise [man] die? As the fool!
17. Therefore I hated life because the work that was done under the sun [was] distressing to me, for all [is] vanity and grasping for the wind.
18. Then I hated all my labor in which I had toiled under the sun, because I must leave it to the man who will come after me.
19. And who knows whether he will be wise or a fool? Yet he will rule over all my labor in which I toiled and in which I have shown myself wise under the sun. This also [is] vanity.
20. Therefore I turned my heart and despaired of all the labor in which I had toiled under the sun.
21. For there is a man whose labor [is] with wisdom, knowledge, and skill; yet he must leave his heritage to a man who has not labored for it. This also [is] vanity and a great evil.
22. For what has man for all his labor, and for the striving of his heart with which he has toiled under the sun?
23. For all his days [are] sorrowful, and his work burdensome; even in the night his heart takes no rest. This also is vanity.
24. Nothing [is] better for a man [than] that he should eat and drink, and [that] his soul should enjoy good in his labor. This also, I saw, was from the hand of God.
25. For who can eat, or who can have enjoyment, more than I?
26. For [God] gives wisdom and knowledge and joy to a man who [is] good in His sight; but to the sinner He gives the work of gathering and collecting, that he may give to [him who is] good before God. This also [is] vanity and grasping for the wind.

✝�STUDY

It appears that Solomon hated life in this passage. First in verses 12-17, he mused that since both the wise man and the fool will die, then what is the value of wisdom? He further said that we can leave our wisdom and wealth for the guidance and use of the next generation, but how can we be sure they will value them? Second, after both the wise man and the fool die, they are forgotten (v.16). In other words, he found out that one cannot keep his wealth (v.18), cannot protect it (vs. 19-20), and cannot enjoy it as he/she should (vs. 21-23). He therefore concluded that he was disgusted with life, although he was not contemplating suicide. Of course, he would not have wanted to leave all the good life behind.

The healthy Christian believer certainly would not hate life, no matter how difficult the situations might be. What gives him/her the ability to ‘love life’ and live it happily? 1 Peter 3:10, quoted from Psalms 34:12 ff gives believers the secret of putting the most into life and getting the most out of it. Life becomes worthwhile when we live it to glorify God. First, we live to please Him by not hurting our fellow humans, and second, through living by the promises of God in faith, and expecting better things to come as we journey on in life, even in eternity. Knowing that our life is not lived in vain in the Lord (1 Corinthians 15:58) drives us on to live it to glorify God. We may not enjoy everything in life, or be able to explain everything about life- that is not important. Accept life as God presents it to you and enjoy it, in obedience to His will.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, I thank You for the life You have given me. I shall live it for Your glory and honour till the end, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:07am On Sep 21, 2020
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 21 SEPTEMBER 2020
(St. Matthew the Apostle)

✝�TOPIC: THE CALL OF MATTHEW

✝�TEXT: MATTHEW 9:9-13(NKJV)

9. As Jesus passed on from there, He saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, "Follow Me." So he arose and followed Him.
10. Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house, [that] behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples.
11. And when the Pharisees saw [it,] they said to His disciples, "Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?"
12. When Jesus heard [that,] He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.
13. "But go and learn what [this] means: 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice.' For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

✝�STUDY

Today is the commemoration of St. Matthew the Apostle. He is also called Levi in the Gospel of St. Mark and St. Luke. The name‘Matthew’ means the Gift of God. Ministers are God’s gifts to the church; their ministry and ability are God’s gifts to them. Matthew was a publican, from among a group who were notoriously unscrupulous in the collection of taxes. Because of their extortion and position as agents of Rome, the publicans were socially rejected, religiously excommunicated and politically viewed as traitors. Nevertheless, their job was lucrative. When Jesus called Matthew, saying “follow me” (v.9), he forsook his lucrative position to become the Lord’s disciple. How many of us would walk away from a high-paying job to be the Lord’s servant?

Having seen what Jesus had done for him, he used his influence to introduce others to Christ. He invited his friends to a feast in honour of Jesus that they too might become acquainted with him (v.10). How many of us have opened our home to our neighbours and friends to introduce them to Christ? Can you open your home for House-fellowship? Matthew’s example of using his influence to bring others to Christ should be instructive to each one of us.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, make me an instrument to bring sinners to your kingdom, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:02am On Sep 22, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2020-09-22

✝�TOPIC: GOD KNOWS ALL THINGS AND WILL CALL TO ACCOUNT

✝�TEXT: Ecclesiastes 3:16-22(NKJV)
16. Moreover I saw under the sun: [In] the place of judgment, Wickedness [was] there; And [in] the place of righteousness, Iniquity [was] there.
17. I said in my heart, "God shall judge the righteous and the wicked, For [there is] a time there for every purpose and for every work."
18. I said in my heart, "Concerning the condition of the sons of men, God tests them, that they may see that they themselves are [like] animals."
19. For what happens to the sons of men also happens to animals; one thing befalls them: as one dies, so dies the other. Surely, they all have one breath; man has no advantage over animals, for all [is] vanity.
20. All go to one place: all are from the dust, and all return to dust.
21. Who knows the spirit of the sons of men, which goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, which goes down to the earth?
22. So I perceived that nothing [is] better than that a man should rejoice in his own works, for that [is] his heritage. For who can bring him to see what will happen after him?

✝�STUDY

In continuation of our thoughts yesterday, Solomon was asking ‘How can God be in control when there is so much evil in our world, with the wicked prospering in their sin and the righteous suffering in their obedience?’ (vs. 16 &17). He responded with two sure statements: God has a time for everything, including judgment (Eccl. 8:6, Eccl. 8:11), and God is working out His eternal purposes in and through the deeds of humans, even the deeds of the wicked. God will judge when history has run its course, though He is judging now (v.18). In the experiences of life, God is testing humans. (The word ‘test’ - barur- literally means "to sift or to winnow."wink God is revealing what man is really like; He is sifting him. For, when man leaves God out of his life, he becomes like an animal. He lives like a beast and dies like a beast.

Child of God, it is true evil surrounds us day-by-day. We see things happen that question not only the existence of God, but also His love for us. It is not that God is not in control, He is only allowing the wicked to have a time for an amendment of life, without which judgement will come. Then in the wisdom of God, He brings out beauty and good out of life’s ugliness and evil. Be patient with God and continually trust Him. He shall surely turn your life around for good, and you will forget your present sorrow. He has power over all situations and circumstances; yours cannot be out of His control. All you need now is to continue to trust Him to lead on. Obey His command, even when it seems not easy. Forgive, persevere, be kind, even when the recipients do not deserve these from you. And at the end, it shall be your victory and breakthrough.

✝� PRAYER: Time goes by swiftly and gets away from us, but God keeps track of it and will, at the end of time, call into account what we have done with time.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:03am On Sep 23, 2020
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 23 SEPTEMBER 2020

✝�TOPIC: THE VANITY OF LIFE

✝�TEXT: Ecclesiastes 4:1-8(NKJV)
1. Then I returned and considered all the oppression that is done under the sun: And look! The tears of the oppressed, But they have no comforter -- On the side of their oppressors [there is] power, But they have no comforter.
2. Therefore I praised the dead who were already dead, More than the living who are still alive.
3. Yet, better than both [is he] who has never existed, Who has not seen the evil work that is done under the sun.
4. Again, I saw that for all toil and every skillful work a man is envied by his neighbor. This also [is] vanity and grasping for the wind.
5. The fool folds his hands And consumes his own flesh.
6. Better a handful [with] quietness Than both hands full, [together with] toil and grasping for the wind.
7. Then I returned, and I saw vanity under the sun:
8. There is one alone, without companion: He has neither son nor brother. Yet [there is] no end to all his labors, Nor is his eye satisfied with riches. [But he never asks,] "For whom do I toil and deprive myself of good?" This also [is] vanity and a grave misfortune.

✝�STUDY

The writer of the book of Ecclesiastes, by popular opinion, was King Solomon, the son of David. Solomon was a man endowed with wisdom and riches so much that he had been named among the most influential people that ever lived. He enjoyed affluence at its highest point and understood by the wisdom of God, the science of human life and spiritual philosophy of man’s endeavours. He concluded that running up and down to make a name for oneself is all vanity. He said, “I praised the dead who were already dead, more than the living who are still alive. Yet better than both is he who has never existed, who has not seen the evil work that is done under the sun”(vs. 2-3). In other words, the vanity of life according to Solomon makes life undesirable and the only one who can escape from the oppression and struggles of life is he who has never existed. Life is full of unavoidable challenges and crisis.

Beloved, while it is a good thing to be active, hardworking and diligent in order to excel in life, we must understand that our struggles are not supposed to be “do or die.” There is absolutely nothing ahead of us that is worth dying for. It is painful to see Christians who are known to be committed in church lose their sense of control at the minutest opportunity to improve their economic well-being. Christians must learn to be cautious, careful and contented, especially when it comes to meeting their daily needs. Furthermore, our labour and toiling should not be made to maim but to encourage our fellow human beings. Wemust run away from whatever will make others weep today!

✝� PRAYER: Dear Lord, help me to know that life without You does not count and to give my all to You, in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:47am On Sep 24, 2020
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 24 SEPTEMBER 2020

✝�TOPIC: BE A TRUE COMPANION

✝�TEXT: Ecclesiastes 4:9-16(NKJV)
9. Two [are] better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor.
10. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him [who is] alone when he falls, For [he has] no one to help him up.
11. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; But how can one be warm [alone?]
12. Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
13. Better a poor and wise youth Than an old and foolish king who will be admonished no more.
14. For he comes out of prison to be king, Although he was born poor in his kingdom.
15. I saw all the living who walk under the sun; They were with the second youth who stands in his place.
16. [There was] no end of all the people over whom he was made king; Yet those who come afterward will not rejoice in him. Surely this also [is] vanity and grasping for the wind.

✝�STUDY

Our passage today focuses among other things, on companionship. A companion is an available assistant with a defined relationship. He is a suitable helper at every point in time. The Bible says “Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up”(vs. 9-10).Similarly, in Genesis 2:18,the Bible says “And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”God is the Author of companionship; He is always interested in providing helping hands for manand has a desire to see His children grow up in fellowship with one another. As a matter of fact, no human being can survive without others. Even the director of an organisation needs the support of other workers including the cleaner.

Though God established companionship for mutual understanding and growth of human beings, there are betrayals all over the place. Marriages have shattered because one partner failed to do what must be done to foster peace and progress; friendships have been broken because of unfaithfulness. Prophet Amos says “Can two work together except they agree?” (Amos 3:3). Agreement is very key in being a faithful and true companion. Determine to be a true companion in your marriage, businessand family, even when situations are not favourable. Psalm 133:1 says “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!”Be a trustworthy companion.

✝�PRAYER: Dear Lord, make me a true, faithful and dependable companion, in Jesus name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:46am On Sep 25, 2020
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 25 SEPTEMBER 2020

✝�TOPIC: WATCH YOUR WORDS

✝�TEXT: Ecclesiastes 5:1-7(NKJV)
1. Walk prudently when you go to the house of God; and draw near to hear rather than to give the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know that they do evil.
2. Do not be rash with your mouth, And let not your heart utter anything hastily before God. For God [is] in heaven, and you on earth; Therefore let your words be few.
3. For a dream comes through much activity, And a fool's voice [is known] by [his] many words.
4. When you make a vow to God, do not delay to pay it; For [He has] no pleasure in fools. Pay what you have vowed --
5. Better not to vow than to vow and not pay.
6. Do not let your mouth cause your flesh to sin, nor say before the messenger [of God] that it [was] an error. Why should God be angry at your excuse and destroy the work of your hands?
7. For in the multitude of dreams and many words [there is] also vanity. But fear God.

✝� STUDY

It is interesting to note that God places caution on how we engage our tongues to express our thoughts and feelings in life. Words are very powerful and Christians are constantly admonished to use them with careful consideration of their positive and negative impacts. In our passage today, we are told “Do not be rash with your mouth, and let not your heart utter anything before God. For God is in heaven and you are on earth; therefore let your words be few” (v.2). James 3:7-10 reveals what we can achieve with our words. It is a reality that our words are prompted by our feelings, thoughtsand inspiration. As Christians, we must not stumble in word but rather control what comes out of our mouths.

Beloved as you go out today, be aware that there are people who will annoy you;there are situations that could prompt negative reactions from you. Your response to them will communicate your Christianity and virtues to those around you. There are Christians who rain curses at every slightest provocation. Some even go to the extent of declaring publicly that Christ be put aside when they are angry. There are Christian homes that have become a place of noise and trouble owing to inability to engage the tongue for positive purposes. Our words can defile us before God if we misuse them. Jesus Christ says “Not what goes into the mouth defiles a person but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man” (Matthew 15:11). It is interesting to note that a man speaks from the abundance of his heart,therefore, in all your endeavours today, do not be hasty to utter anything prompted by situations around you. Let your words be seasoned with grace so your hearers will be edified. Do not speak rashly today.

✝� PRAYER: Dear heavenly Father, grant me grace to be watchful in the way I use my tongue, in Jesus name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:10am On Sep 29, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR SEPTEMBER 29, 2020

✝�TOPIC: MEANING OF MICHAEL

✝�TEXT: JUDE 1:8-13(NKJV)

8. Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries.
9. Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"
10. But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves.
11. Woe to them! For they have gone in the way of Cain, have run greedily in the error of Balaam for profit, and perished in the rebellion of Korah.
12. These are spots in your love feasts, while they feast with you without fear, serving [only] themselves. [They are] clouds without water, carried about by the winds; late autumn trees without fruit, twice dead, pulled up by the roots;
13. raging waves of the sea, foaming up their own shame; wandering stars for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.

✝�STUDY

Michael means who is like God. The title is given to one of the chief angels (Dan. 10:13, Dan. 10:21)who had special charge of Israel as a nation. He is represented as warring against the old serpent called the devil and Satan which deceives the whole world (Rev. 12:7-9). In verse 9, the archangel Michael was sent to bury Moses’ body, but according to Jewish tradition, the devil argued with the angel about the body, apparently claiming the right to dispose it. But Michael, though powerful and authoritative, did not dare dispute with Satan, so he left the matter in God’s hands, saying, “The Lord rebuke you!” Michaelwould not dare slander Satan, chief of the fallen angels. He was bidding God’s commandment therefore, he was a messenger of God.

Despite the exalted position of Michael among the angels, he remains a faithful messenger to God. Many Christians today worship, pray toand venerate the angels whereas they are mere messengers of God like us. You are not expected to venerate angels,rather you can only learn their obedience. Some church members have turned their pastors to idols which they worship; some ministers have taken the position of God in the hearts of their followers and God cannot be happy with such. You are not supposed to worship your pastors but to honour and respect them.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, may I find it pleasing to do Your bidding all the days of my life in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:00am On Sep 30, 2020
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR SEPTEMBER 30, 2020

✝�TOPIC: ANGER RESTS IN THE BOSOM OF FOOLS

✝�TEXT: Ecclesiastes 7:1-12

(NKJV)
1. A good name [is] better than precious ointment, And the day of death than the day of one's birth;
2. Better to go to the house of mourning Than to go to the house of feasting, For that [is] the end of all men; And the living will take [it] to heart.
3. Sorrow [is] better than laughter, For by a sad countenance the heart is made better.
4. The heart of the wise [is] in the house of mourning, But the heart of fools [is] in the house of mirth.
5. [It is] better to hear the rebuke of the wise Than for a man to hear the song of fools.
6. For like the crackling of thorns under a pot, So [is] the laughter of the fool. This also is vanity.
7. Surely oppression destroys a wise [man's] reason, And a bribe debases the heart.
8. The end of a thing [is] better than its beginning; The patient in spirit [is] better than the proud in spirit.
9. Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry, For anger rests in the bosom of fools.
10. Do not say, "Why were the former days better than these?" For you do not inquire wisely concerning this.
11. Wisdom [is] good with an inheritance, And profitable to those who see the sun.
12. For wisdom [is] a defense [as] money [is] a defense, But the excellence of knowledge [is that] wisdom gives life to those who have it.

✝�STUDY

The Bible speaks extensively on the subject of anger. In our passage today, we read “Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry, for anger rests in the bosom of fools” (v.9).Anger is a destroyer of destiny;it worked against Moses and prevented him from entering into the Promised Land. A man who is always angry cannot express the love of God meaningfully. The Bible confronts us this day that anger rests in the bosom of fools. Anger is so destructive to the extent that it can rob one of entering into the kingdom of God (Galatians 5:20). A man who is given to anger can destroy in a minute what was built in fifty years or more.

Beloved, there are cases of people who in the heat of their anger, killed their family members, friends or colleagues at work. Some have torn friendship of many years apart while some others have broken long existing fellowships. There are cases of children who maim or kill their parents and some deliberately destroy property bequeathed to them by their forebears. Anger is terrible- only a foolish man will entertain it. The Bible says “Be angry, and do not sin. Do not let the sun go down on your wrath” (Ephesians 4:26). As a child of God, do not let the devil rob you of your destiny through uncontrolled anger. Be aware that anger is a weapon of destruction in the hands of the enemy. May the Lord give you grace to overcome it.

✝� PRAYER: Dear Father in heaven, I ask you for grace to do away with anger completely, in Jesus name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:53am On Oct 02, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR OCTOBER 2 2020

✝�TOPIC: DEPENDING ON GOD’S FAITHFULNESS

✝�TEXT: PSALM 127
(NKJV)
1. A Song of Ascents. Of Solomon. Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the LORD guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain.
2. [It is] vain for you to rise up early, To sit up late, To eat the bread of sorrows; [For] so He gives His beloved sleep.
3. Behold, children [are] a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb [is] a reward.
4. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So [are] the children of one's youth.
5. Happy [is] the man who has his quiver full of them; They shall not be ashamed, But shall speak with their enemies in the gate.

✝�STUDY

The writerof this Psalm appreciated the ability of man;he also maintained that without God, man’s labour is in futility. No building can standwith God not taken into the equationand though the watchman has his role to play in stayingawake, God’s work and blessing is needed to truly secure the city. Though God welcomes and even commends human effort and input, His works and blessingsare even more important.
Solomon decries the dependence and trust we put in hard work and the anxiety that shows we rely on self, rather than on God. He recommends trusting the Lord in one’s work and that we should be at peace, knowing that God’s hand is at work and He is awake even as we sleep.He understood that a home is built by more than bricks and wood.He said children are rewards and blessingsand like weapons in the hand of a warrior,they should be carefully shaped and formed. As the arrows protect the warrior, so the godly man need not be afraid, when blessed with children because they will administer justice at the gate. Let this understanding and perception of God’s greatness and manifestation fill our lives in Jesus name, amen.

✝� PRAYER: Oh God my father: let your favour rest upon my labour; I will not labour for another to harvest; watch over my life and family so I will not sorrow over my children.

HAPPY NEW MONTH
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:49am On Oct 03, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR OCTOBER 3 2020

✝�TOPIC: RESTORED IN CHRIST

✝�TEXT: PHILEMON 1:1-25(NKJV)

1. Paul, a prisoner of Christ Jesus, and Timothy our brother, To Philemon our beloved friend and fellow laborer,
2. to the beloved Apphia, Archippus our fellow soldier, and to the church in your house:
3. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. I thank my God, making mention of you always in my prayers,
5. hearing of your love and faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus and toward all the saints,
6. that the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgment of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
7. For we have great joy and consolation in your love, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed by you, brother.
8. Therefore, though I might be very bold in Christ to command you what is fitting,
9. yet for love’s sake I rather appeal to you —being such a one as Paul, the aged, and now also a prisoner of Jesus Christ—
10. I appeal to you for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten while in my chains,
11. who once was unprofitable to you, but now is profitable to you and to me.
12. I am sending him back. You therefore receive him, that is, my own heart,
13. whom I wished to keep with me, that on your behalf he might minister to me in my chains for the gospel.
14. But without your consent I wanted to do nothing, that your good deed might not be by compulsion, as it were, but voluntary.
15. For perhaps he departed for a while for this purpose, that you might receive him forever,
16. no longer as a slave but more than a slave—a beloved brother, especially to me but how much more to you, both in the flesh and in the Lord.
17. If then you count me as a partner, receive him as you would me.
18. But if he has wronged you or owes anything, put that on my account.
19. I, Paul, am writing with my own hand. I will repay—not to mention to you that you owe me even your own self besides.
20. Yes, brother, let me have joy from you in the Lord; refresh my heart in the Lord.
21. Having confidence in your obedience, I write to you, knowing that you will do even more than I say.
22. But, meanwhile, also prepare a guest room for me, for I trust that through your prayers I shall be granted to you.
23. Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus, greets you,
24. as do Mark, Aristarchus, Demas, Luke, my fellow laborers.
25. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

✝�STUDY

Onesimus, the escaped slave of Philemon encountered Jesus while in prison with Apostle Paul. While working under Paul’s ministry, he (Paul) discovered thatOnesimus had issues with his master, Philemon. Paul understood as a leader that a loving appeal is often better than an authoritative command. Having been restored to Christ, Paul had to appeal to Philemon to accept his former slave back as a brother, friend, fellow-labourer and fellow-soldier. Proving that if anybody is in Christ Jesus, he is a new creature; old things have passed away (2 Cor.5:17).
It can be inferred from the life of Onesimus that everyone is profitable to the kingdom;no one is useless. Onesimus’ salvation brought tremendous transformation in his relationship with God and man. Are you saved? If you are, then know that old things have passed away. All blackmailand accusations are all gone if you are in Christ Jesus. It is not too late, you can start today. We encourage you to emulate the role played by Paul in reconciling the one time enemies to becoming friends and fellow labourers. Forgiveness is for the strong and not for the weak.

✝� PRAYER: God help me to be reconciled to you fully. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:45am On Oct 04, 2020
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR OCTOBER 4 2020

(Trinity 17)

✝�TOPIC: THE END OF ALL THINGS

✝�TEXT: 1 PETER 4:7-11(NKJV)

7. But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.
8. And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins."
9. [Be] hospitable to one another without grumbling.
10. As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
11. If anyone speaks, [let him speak] as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, [let him do it] as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

✝�STUDY

Have you ever imagined what the end of the world would look like? Contemplating the end of all things and the events that will subsequently follow is usually the reason for the hope and courage of the church. When we got saved, we were told that Jesus is coming soon, and that the world will also come to an end.Very true, and yet that understanding has never left us, because, it is the motivation we have for pressing on as Christians.

Bible scholars believe that Peter, the author of the above text, had the judgment of Israel in mind which apparently happened 10 years later, when he talked about the end of all things. The author, recommends the following, considering the impending judgment:
1). Be Sober
2). Watch unto prayer
3). Have fervent love among yourselves
4). Be hospitable to one another without grudging. As we consider the end of all things today, the advice by Peter should be our focus. I asked the Lord few years ago, to tell me what to do to remain steadfast in the face of current apostasy. He said to me, “continue in the things you have been doing” (Jn. 8:31-32). I urge us to continue steadfastly in sobriety, prayer, love and hospitality among others as the end of all things draws near. Verses 10 and 11urge us to serve the Lord and His church with our gifts, according to the grace we have received, not imitating others’ ability, and to speak as His oracle always.

✝� PRAYER: Almighty God, give us grace to remain hopeful in you, continue steadfastly in service as we see the end of all things approachingso we may share in Your eternal kingdom through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:27am On Oct 05, 2020
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR OCTOBER 5 2020

✝�TOPIC: SUBMISSION TO AUTHORITY

✝�TEXT: 1PETER 2:13-20(NKJV)

13. Therefore submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake, whether to the king as supreme,
14. or to governors, as to those who are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and [for the] praise of those who do good.
15. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men --
16. as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bondservants of God.
17. Honor all [people.] Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
18. Servants, [be] submissive to [your] masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the harsh.
19. For this [is] commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20. For what credit [is it] if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this [is] commendable before God.

✝�STUDY

In order to understand the above text, you may need to know the general background of this letter of Peter.In Chapter 1 verse 1, Apostle Peter established his authorship of the letter and further established that he was writing to the church that was scattered all over the Roman Empire as at then. A recurring theme in Peter’s letter here reveals that we are pilgrims in this world and as such, even if we have our Lord Jesus Christ as our Heavenly Master, we also have to deal with earthly masters, by way of political and community leaders or even leaders or bosses at the workplace.

Submission literally implies coming under the Mission of another, in this case, the “Authority”, one possessesthat confers the ability to enforce orders or directives.It is a very integral Christian virtue to respect or honour the authority of man in all things lawful and right in the sight of the Lord (v.13).Verse 15 even says that it is God’s will and way of silencing ignorant men, who derogate our faith, without proper understanding of what we believe as Christians. Peter explains further in verse 16 that it is freedom for us, to be God’s slaves, in upholding state laws, although living free from the tyranny of the state. He encouraged household servants to obey their earthly masters for Christ’s sake.We are therefore encouraged to give honour to whomhonour is due.Archbishop Benjamin A. Kwashi said “When you submit to Authority as a Christian should, you may suffer, but it is not punishment.”

✝� PRAYER: Heavenly Father, we pray that we may understand that we are serving your kingdom’s purpose as we submit to the authority of menin every righteousness. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:12am On Oct 06, 2020
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2020-10-06

✝�TOPIC: CONSIDER GOD’S WORK

✝�TEXT: Ecclesiastes 7:13-20(NKJV)

13. Consider the work of God; For who can make straight what He has made crooked?
14. In the day of prosperity be joyful, But in the day of adversity consider: Surely God has appointed the one as well as the other, So that man can find out nothing [that will come] after him.
15. I have seen everything in my days of vanity: There is a just [man] who perishes in his righteousness, And there is a wicked [man] who prolongs [life] in his wickedness.
16. Do not be overly righteous, Nor be overly wise: Why should you destroy yourself?
17. Do not be overly wicked, Nor be foolish: Why should you die before your time?
18. [It is] good that you grasp this, And also not remove your hand from the other; For he who fears God will escape them all.
19. Wisdom strengthens the wise More than ten rulers of the city.
20. For [there is] not a just man on earth who does good And does not sin.

✝� STUDY

“The Preacher”, as the author of Ecclesiastes is often called, generally looks at life in its meaninglessness, especially the world in its fallen condition.He argues that the ultimate in life is finding value in God’s eternal purpose for onenoting that wealth, sex, poweror pleasure are altogether vanity and void of any true meaning.In today’s passage, he provides two sides to the coin; in each case; 1) The day of prosperity and the day of adversity (v.14); (2) The just perishing in his righteousness, whereas the wicked man’s life is prolonged in his wickedness(vs. 15-17).He advises us not to be over righteous; however, the righteousness which we have received from Christ by grace through faith could never be too much.His second advice, “be not wise over much” is an admonition against self-conceit, which he argues could lead to untimely death. Finally he advises, “Do not be over wicked”, in other words, don’t escalate your sins by your foolishness which couldlead to premature death (v.17). However this does not encourage any measure of wickedness at all.

He concludes by referring us again to wisdom, which is to fear God (vs. 19-20) as a way to handle the whole vanity of life. Beloved as we get into the last quarter of the year,let us fear God by taking Him seriously in the midst of life’s limitations.

✝� PRAYER: Merciful Lord, give us grace to seek your guidance in our journey through this fallen world.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:52am On Oct 07, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2020-10-07

✝�TOPIC:
PUBLIC OPINION AND MAN’S WISDOM

✝�TEXT: Ecclesiastes 7:21-29(NKJV)
21. Also do not take to heart everything people say, Lest you hear your servant cursing you.
22. For many times, also, your own heart has known That even you have cursed others.
23. All this I have proved by wisdom. I said, "I will be wise"; But it [was] far from me.
24. As for that which is far off and exceedingly deep, Who can find it out?
25. I applied my heart to know, To search and seek out wisdom and the reason [of things,] To know the wickedness of folly, Even of foolishness [and] madness.
26. And I find more bitter than death The woman whose heart [is] snares and nets, Whose hands [are] fetters. He who pleases God shall escape from her, But the sinner shall be trapped by her.
27. " Here is what I have found," says the Preacher, "[Adding] one thing to the other to find out the reason,
28. Which my soul still seeks but I cannot find: One man among a thousand I have found, But a woman among all these I have not found.
29. Truly, this only I have found: That God made man upright, But they have sought out many schemes."

✝�STUDY

The scripture today reveals two vital things that should help in our walk with God.First, the scripture describes the force as public opinion towards our life. It notes that we cannot see it nor touch it, yet it is a great factor required to shape the character and actions of men, nations, families and organisations. Public opinion can be utterly wrong in most cases. Most times, some of us might do well to pay a little more attention than we do to the tone of thought and feeling around us. If a man sees that his manners and lifestyle are affecting others negatively, that he is a stumbling block to his neighbours, irrespective of how weak some brethren appear; and he goes on thoughtlessly, regardless of what men say or think, he will not be able to free himself from guilt(Exo. 23:2; 1Sam. 15:24; Deut. 5:28,29).
Secondly, the scripture talks about the limitation of man's wisdom;true Wisdom is not easily accessible without a detailed search of the scripture and God's gift (Prov. 2:1-6). In 1 Corinthians 3:18-23, Paul challenges his Corinthian brothers and sisters in Christ about their love of human wisdom. He carefully contrasts the wisdom of this world in verses 18-20 with the wisdom of God in verses 21-23. What these Corinthian Christians have done in pretending to be wise by the standards of the world show them to be foolish in the eyes of God. Paul encouragesthem to stop exalting men, to put an end to divisions, to deny human wisdom and embrace God's wisdom and the tremendous richesand blessings that God gives.

✝� PRAYER: Lord grant us wisdom from above. Let the flesh retire. Direct us in true love, sincerity and right judgment.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:26am On Oct 09, 2020
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR OCTOBER 9 2020

✝️�TOPIC: GOD REWARDS THE GOOD AND THE WICKED

✝️�TEXT: Ecclesiastes 8:9-17 (NKJV)
9. All this I have seen, and applied my heart to every work that is done under the sun: [There is] a time in which one man rules over another to his own hurt.
10. Then I saw the wicked buried, who had come and gone from the place of holiness, and they were forgotten in the city where they had so done. This also [is] vanity.
11. Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.
12. Though a sinner does evil a hundred [times,] and his [days] are prolonged, yet I surely know that it will be well with those who fear God, who fear before Him.
13. But it will not be well with the wicked; nor will he prolong [his] days, [which are] as a shadow, because he does not fear before God.
14. There is a vanity which occurs on earth, that there are just [men] to whom it happens according to the work of the wicked; again, there are wicked [men] to whom it happens according to the work of the righteous. I said that this also [is] vanity.
15. So I commended enjoyment, because a man has nothing better under the sun than to eat, drink, and be merry; for this will remain with him in his labor [all] the days of his life which God gives him under the sun.
16. When I applied my heart to know wisdom and to see the business that is done on earth, even though one sees no sleep day or night,
17. then I saw all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun. For though a man labors to discover [it,] yet he will not find [it;] moreover, though a wise [man] attempts to know [it,] he will not be able to find [it.]

��STUDY

God is a righteous judge who rewards everyone according to his deeds.The Psalmist says “Do not fret over evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity” (Psalm 37:1). We areadvised not to pay attention to the end of the wicked but rather to concern ourselves daily with growth in our personal trust in God. It might seem like it takes a long period for the wicked to be punished,the truth is that what we think or see as long life of pleasure or riches of the wicked is a torture since anything outside of Christ is doomed.
Furthermore, we have the assurance of the comfort that comes to those who trust God(Isa. 3:10). We might not have a complete understanding of the fact that the person who offended you went away justified and without blame,all you have to do is to focus on God.Youmust also bring your offenders to God,praying that they will come to the full knowledge and acceptance of our Lord Jesus Christ. Don't occupy yourself with what the reward of the wicked will be,rather occupy your thoughts with the word of God and every work of righteousness according to the Holy Spirit.

✝️ PRAYER: Faithful God, I pray today for our brethren whomsatan has taken captive to do his wicked works to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour and be saved Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:19am On Oct 10, 2020
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR OCTOBER 10 2020

✝�TOPIC: LIVE RIGHT

✝�TEXT: Ecclesiastics 9:1-8(NKJV)

1. For I considered all this in my heart, so that I could declare it all: that the righteous and the wise and their works are in the hand of God. People know neither love nor hatred by anything they see before them.

2. All things come alike to all: One event happens to the righteous and the wicked; To the good, the clean, and the unclean; To him who sacrifices and him who does not sacrifice. As is the good, so is the sinner; He who takes an oath as he who fears an oath.

3. This is an evil in all that is done under the sun: that one thing happens to all. Truly the hearts of the sons of men are full of evil; madness is in their hearts while they live, and after that they go to the dead.

4. But for him who is joined to all the living there is hope, for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

5. For the living know that they will die; But the dead know nothing, And they have no more reward, For the memory of them is forgotten.

6. Also their love, their hatred, and their envy have now perished; Nevermore will they have a share In anything done under the sun.

7. Go, eat your bread with joy, And drink your wine with a merry heart; For God has already accepted your works.

8. Let your garments always be white, And let your head lack no oil.
Ecclesiastes 9:1‭-‬8 NKJV

✝�STUDY

An adage says that there is more to what the eyes can see, which implies that we walk by faith and not by sight (2 Cor. 5:7). Galatians 5:16-17 admonishes us to walk in the spirit and not to gratify the desires of the flesh.Walking daily in the spirit helps us understand the mind of God that He chooses whomHe will show mercy. His kindness could flow to both the wicked and the righteous. This He did by sending Jesus Christ to die both for the righteous and the unrighteous(1 Cor. 2:11; Rom. 9:15; Matthew 5:45;Rom. 5:cool. Despite the fact that there is so much injustice, hatred and bitterness in the world, we are advised to continue in the path modelled by Jesus Christ,who never worked by sight but always sought to do the will of His father(John 6:38).
Now that we are still alive in the world, we have a great opportunity as there is no hope for the dead. We are advised in verses 7-8 to rejoice as people whom God has redeemed and accepted despite our inadequacies, and continue to live a righteous life in Christ Jesus,having our head greased with the oil of salvation.

✝� PRAYER: Almighty God,thank you for the gift of life in Christ Jesus; help me to live right in Jesus name Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:18am On Oct 11, 2020
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 11 OCTOBER 2020

✝️�TOPIC: THIS WORLD IS NOT OUR HOME

✝️�TEXT: Corinthians 5:1-15(NKJV)
1. It is actually reported [that there is] sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles -- that a man has his father's wife!
2. And you are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you.
3. For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed.
4. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
5. deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
6. Your glorying [is] not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?
7. Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.
8. Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened [bread] of sincerity and truth.
9. I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people.
10. Yet [I] certainly [did] not [mean] with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.
11. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner -- not even to eat with such a person.
12. For what [have] I [to do] with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?
13. But those who are outside God judges. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."

✝️�STUDY The body we wear is but a tent housing our being. This body will be put off someday. We are strangers, passing through the world, so, we are bound to have troubles as the Bible already told us. This only reminds us that we have a home outside here; which is heaven. Therefore God has deposited His Holy Spirit in us in preparation for this blessed hope. It is therefore an imposed responsibility on us by God, that all men will appear before Him someday in final judgment, to live as unto Him and at the same time persuade men and women around to be reconciled to Him. Anything other than this exposes us to the danger of being found naked before Him.
Jesus died for all on the cross of Calvary, hence pleading with all men to come unto the already-prepared salvation. His love therefore mandates us to give up selves to Him, living for Him who paid the price on our behalf. Although we are at the risk of being misunderstood, we must declare this precious love of Christ to all men.

✝️ PRAYER: Lord, may I live my life to please you, winning men over to eternal life.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:20am On Oct 12, 2020
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 12 OCTOBER 2020

✝️�TOPIC: THE BLESSEDNESS OF WISDOM

✝️�TEXT: ECCLESIASTES 9:9-18(NKJV)
9. Live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of your vain life which He has given you under the sun, all your days of vanity; for that [is] your portion in life, and in the labor which you perform under the sun.
10. Whatever your hand finds to do, do [it] with your might; for [there is] no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going.
11. I returned and saw under the sun that -- The race [is] not to the swift, Nor the battle to the strong, Nor bread to the wise, Nor riches to men of understanding, Nor favor to men of skill; But time and chance happen to them all.
12. For man also does not know his time: Like fish taken in a cruel net, Like birds caught in a snare, So the sons of men [are] snared in an evil time, When it falls suddenly upon them.
13. This wisdom I have also seen under the sun, and it [seemed] great to me:
14. [There was] a little city with few men in it; and a great king came against it, besieged it, and built great snares around it.
15. Now there was found in it a poor wise man, and he by his wisdom delivered the city. Yet no one remembered that same poor man.
16. Then I said: "Wisdom [is] better than strength. Nevertheless the poor man's wisdom [is] despised, And his words are not heard.
17. Words of the wise, [spoken] quietly, [should be] heard Rather than the shout of a ruler of fools.
18. Wisdom [is] better than weapons of war; But one sinner destroys much good."

✝️�STUDY

Most of the problems we encounterare a result of the abuse or misapplication of knowledge, either on our side, or on the side of other people. God has given us almost everything we need for our pleasure and good success in the world.

However, He expects us to deploy the wisdom He has given us in order to navigate through, and make our stay in the world a meaningful one. Married men are to love their wives without reservation, hence making the home a peaceful haven.
We are to realise that God takes pleasure in all our good works done on earth. So, we must exercise absolute commitment to whatever God allows us to be involved with. We should go on and do our part, while trusting God to bless our efforts. We must realisethatthe seeming success we record fromour efforts is just but a blessing and grace that comes from God. We should therefore not boast as if it is a result of our human wisdom, efforts, knowledge and strength. As we encounter unpleasant situations in our sojourn here, let us seek the wisdom of God on how to get out of them and keep moving on. Money is good, but handling issues with godly wisdom is much more profitable.

✝️ PRAYER: Lord, fill me with your type of wisdom, and cause me to be profitable to my generation.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:24am On Oct 13, 2020
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN.* THE DAILY DEVOTIONAL OF THE CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2020
*THEME:* THE INJUSTICE IN OUR TIME

*BIBLE READING:* ECCLESIASTES 10: 1-10 *(NIV)*

1. As dead flies give perfume a bad smell, so a little folly outweighs wisdom and honour.
2. The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.
3. Even as he walks along the road, the fool lacks sense and shows everyone how stupid he is.
4. If a ruler's anger rises against you, do not leave your post; calmness can lay great errors to rest.
5. There is an evil I have seen under the sun, the sort of error that arises from a ruler:
6. Fools are put in many high positions, while the rich occupy the low ones.
7. I have seen slaves on horseback, while princes go on foot like slaves.
8. Whoever digs a pit may fall into it; whoever breaks through a wall may be bitten by a snake.
9. Whoever quarries stones may be injured by them; whoever splits logs may be endangered by them.
10. If the axe is dull and its edge unsharpened, more strength is needed but skill will bring success.

Humans have the intricate nature of helping their own people alone, particularly when they are in positions of power. This has led to tribalism and nepotism in our time. In a nation like ours where things should be done on the basis of merit, we see people sharing our common benefits on the basis of personal relationship. Intellectuals are governed by the weak and the wise are ruled by those the Scripture describes as fools. This is not God’s will for us. The danger therein is that we create room for mediocrity, affecting our commonwealth negatively. This is one of the reasons things are not in order for us as a nation. Verse 10 of our text reads thus “If the axe is dull and its edge is unsharpened, more strength is needed, but skill will bring success” (NIV).

God expects our actions especially as leaders to be directed by His standards. The problems we create as leaders today will eventually affect us sooner than later. We must in our little corners make sure that things are done accordingly. However, wisdom comes from God and He will graciously give to anyone who lacks it, and who seeks for it.

*PRAYER:*
Lord, grant us and especially our leaders, the grace to follow Your standards.

*Daily Fountain Quote of the Day*

_“This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts._ *(Zechariah 4:6)*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:04am On Oct 14, 2020
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 14 OCTOBER 2020

✝�TOPIC: GRACIOUS WORDS

✝�TEXT: Ecclesiastes 10:11-20(NKJV)
11. A serpent may bite when [it is] not charmed; The babbler is no different.
12. The words of a wise man's mouth [are] gracious, But the lips of a fool shall swallow him up;
13. The words of his mouth begin with foolishness, And the end of his talk [is] raving madness.
14. A fool also multiplies words. No man knows what is to be; Who can tell him what will be after him?
15. The labor of fools wearies them, For they do not even know how to go to the city!
16. Woe to you, O land, when your king [is] a child, And your princes feast in the morning!
17. Blessed [are] you, O land, when your king [is] the son of nobles, And your princes feast at the proper time -- For strength and not for drunkenness!
18. Because of laziness the building decays, And through idleness of hands the house leaks.
19. A feast is made for laughter, And wine makes merry; But money answers everything.
20. Do not curse the king, even in your thought; Do not curse the rich, even in your bedroom; For a bird of the air may carry your voice, And a bird in flight may tell the matter.

✝�STUDY

Words are powerful;they can bring healing, curse, blessingand condemnationor inflict injury on the heart. When words are released from the fountain of Wisdom,it is like cold water down the throat of a thirsty man. When words spring from the foolish heart of anger and hatred, it only brings destruction. God expects us to speak as His oracle. We speak as God’s oracle when our words stem from the word of God regarding every situation. When we declare healing to the sick, proclaim love to the hated, declare liberty upon the oppressed according to the Scriptures, God multiplies grace upon them for their salvation. Our words will definitely be devoid of wisdom if the word of God does not pervade our hearts.
It is not so for the fool. They are rather consumed by their own lips, and multiply the sorrows of their hearers. Before we speak, whether in a Christian or social gathering, let us make sure that we draw inspiration from the Holy Spirit, for only then can our words accomplish God’s purpose, and be counted as gracious, saving us from unnecessary troubles.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, may my words be filled with your wisdom and bring healing to the hurt.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:46am On Oct 15, 2020
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 15 OCTOBER 2020

✝�TOPIC: PROCRASTINATION

✝�TEXT: Ecclesiastes 11:1-10(NKJV)
1. Cast your bread upon the waters, For you will find it after many days.
2. Give a serving to seven, and also to eight, For you do not know what evil will be on the earth.
3. If the clouds are full of rain, They empty [themselves] upon the earth; And if a tree falls to the south or the north, In the place where the tree falls, there it shall lie.
4. He who observes the wind will not sow, And he who regards the clouds will not reap.
5. As you do not know what [is] the way of the wind, [Or] how the bones [grow] in the womb of her who is with child, So you do not know the works of God who makes everything.
6. In the morning sow your seed, And in the evening do not withhold your hand; For you do not know which will prosper, Either this or that, Or whether both alike [will be] good.
7. Truly the light is sweet, And [it is] pleasant for the eyes to behold the sun;
8. But if a man lives many years [And] rejoices in them all, Yet let him remember the days of darkness, For they will be many. All that is coming [is] vanity.
9. Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, And let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth; Walk in the ways of your heart, And in the sight of your eyes; But know that for all these God will bring you into judgment.
10. Therefore remove sorrow from your heart, And put away evil from your flesh, For childhood and youth [are] vanity.

✝�STUDY

Procrastination is deferring, delaying, or putting off an opportunity. ‘Tomorrow’ is the busiest day of people's lives. This is because many people defer until tomorrow what they should do todayand end up never really performing the tasks. There is a common understanding that the more an opportunity is delayed in being taken advantage of, the longer and more difficult it becomes. Verse 4 of our text says that He that observes the wind shall not sow; and he that regards the clouds shall not reap. There is always a time of sowing and it comes before harvest. If a man wastes his sowing time looking at human fears and discouragements, harvest time may be put off forever.
Circumstances sometimes discourage us from doing what we are supposed to do, but the Scripture today is encouraging us to move beyond the discouragements. What is it that God is leading you to do? What task has He laid in your heart to accomplish? Do not look at the size of your challenges but consider He who has promised to see you through. Go ahead and sow your seed as God leads you and allow Him to bring the fruits in due time.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, deliver me from my fears and fill my heart with faith.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:27am On Oct 16, 2020
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 16 OCTOBER 2020

✝�TOPIC: VANITY

✝�TEXT: Ecclesiastes 12:1-8(NKJV)
1. Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, Before the difficult days come, And the years draw near when you say, "I have no pleasure in them":
2. While the sun and the light, The moon and the stars, Are not darkened, And the clouds do not return after the rain;
3. In the day when the keepers of the house tremble, And the strong men bow down; When the grinders cease because they are few, And those that look through the windows grow dim;
4. When the doors are shut in the streets, And the sound of grinding is low; When one rises up at the sound of a bird, And all the daughters of music are brought low;
5. Also they are afraid of height, And of terrors in the way; When the almond tree blossoms, The grasshopper is a burden, And desire fails. For man goes to his eternal home, And the mourners go about the streets.
6. [Remember your Creator] before the silver cord is loosed, Or the golden bowl is broken, Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain, Or the wheel broken at the well.
7. Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it.
8. "Vanity of vanities," says the Preacher, "All [is] vanity."

✝�STUDY

An oldman on his sick bed was surrounded by his children. Knowing that their father had little chance of recovering according to medical advice, they all cried. The man looked at his children and said, “Don’t weep for me for I am already an old man. I drove the best of cars, built and lived in the best of houses, and had fun all my life.” As good and consoling as this may have appeared to his hearers, he failed to mention the most important thing as far as God is concerned - true service to the Almighty God and the hope of an eternal home in heaven.

At the bloom of life, we are filled with strength to do most of the biddings of our hearts: Get married, build houses, train children, buy carsand travelaround the world. These things are good, but do not last.
That which lastsand bears eternal consequence should form the basis of our decisions.A great reward awaits people who serve God in truth and Spirit. For this reason therefore, we must take a decision today to not only work for God but also walk with Him in order to secure a glorious eternity.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, please help me not to be distracted from You by the vanities of this life.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:33am On Oct 17, 2020
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 17 OCTOBER 2020

✝️�TOPIC: LIFE’S SUMMARY

✝️�TEXT: Ecclesiastes 12:9-14(NKJV)
9. And moreover, because the Preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yes, he pondered and sought out [and] set in order many proverbs.
10. The Preacher sought to find acceptable words; and [what was] written [was] upright -- words of truth.
11. The words of the wise are like goads, and the words of scholars are like well-driven nails, given by one Shepherd.
12. And further, my son, be admonished by these. Of making many books [there is] no end, and much study [is] wearisome to the flesh.
13. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man's all.
14. For God will bring every work into judgment, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil.

✝️�STUDY

As a free moral agent, man has the freewill to choose his way of life. This has caused a lot of people to live independently of God and His desires,as if they are gods on their own. Our text today tells us that though there may be a lot of chapters and pages about life, but certainly, there is a conclusionand this conclusion is the most important: “…Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.”
The creator of man has an original plan that man should worship, serve and walk in His ways. This means that our profession, business and academic pursuits are all minor parts of life (though necessary), while the fear of God is the key issue. As a result of this therefore, our eyes must always focuson thisall-important conclusion. Our allegiance to God and His ways must be totaland we must remember that He has instituted a day of judgment when all our actions, seen and unseen, will be brought to the open and judged. The end of all things is closer to us than before. We must watch our actions and ensure that they align with the original plan of God, lest we be caught unawares.

✝️ PRAYER: Lord, may my heart know and fear You that I might keep Your commandments.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:20am On Oct 20, 2020
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE OF OCTOBER 20, 2020

✝️�TOPIC: THE LORD FAVOURS THE RIGHTEOUS WITH FAVOUR

✝️� TEXT: PSALMS 5 (NKJV)
1. To the Chief Musician. With flutes. A Psalm of David. Give ear to my words, O LORD, Consider my meditation.
2. Give heed to the voice of my cry, My King and my God, For to You I will pray.
3. My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; In the morning I will direct [it] to You, And I will look up.
4. For You [are] not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness, Nor shall evil dwell with You.
5. The boastful shall not stand in Your sight; You hate all workers of iniquity.
6. You shall destroy those who speak falsehood; The LORD abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.
7. But as for me, I will come into Your house in the multitude of Your mercy; In fear of You I will worship toward Your holy temple.
8. Lead me, O LORD, in Your righteousness because of my enemies; Make Your way straight before my face.
9. For [there is] no faithfulness in their mouth; Their inward part [is] destruction; Their throat [is] an open tomb; They flatter with their tongue.
10. Pronounce them guilty, O God! Let them fall by their own counsels; Cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions, For they have rebelled against You.
11. But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You.
12. For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as [with] a shield.

✝️�STUDY

This passage began as a complaint and request for God’s intervention. Aclearevidence in this text is the knowledge of who God is as displayed by the Psalmist. Although he felt surrounded by the enemies and their malicious activities, yet his absolute trust in God’s ability to deliver, protect, and favour was never in doubt.

The world is filled with so many people who position themselves as the enemies of God’s people;they bear different names and appear in different forms. Once we are open to God to lead us in His righteousness (v.cool, take refuge in God, and continue to sing in joy (v.11), we will begin to see them collapse like pack of cards.His protection will be seen over us and He will surround us with His favour.
Are you at the moment sandwiched in the manipulations of those that hate you for Christ’s sake?Do you feel like giving it back to them in their own way? Relax, the protection of God is over you and that’s why they have not succeeded. The favour of God which surrounds you will manifest in tangible blessing very soon. Keep trusting on!

✝️� PRAYER: Lord, may Yourfavour upon my life rise above the manipulations of my enemies to their amazement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Copy And Paste Not A Sin - Rev. Uche Ume (Video) / Endtimes : People Can Expect Significant Changes By 2030 - Don Koenig / Should Christian Women Wear Makeup Or Jewelry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 235
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.