Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (11689 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 12:36pm On Aug 03, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF AUGUST 3, 2020

✝�TOPIC:
STAND BY THE TRUTH; GOD WILL DEFEND YOU

✝�TEXT: ACTS 19:32-41(NKJV)
32. Some therefore cried one thing and some another, for the assembly was confused, and most of them did not know why they had come together.
33. And they drew Alexander out of the multitude, the Jews putting him forward. And Alexander motioned with his hand, and wanted to make his defense to the people.
34. But when they found out that he was a Jew, all with one voice cried out for about two hours, "Great [is] Diana of the Ephesians!"
35. And when the city clerk had quieted the crowd, he said: "Men of Ephesus, what man is there who does not know that the city of the Ephesians is temple guardian of the great goddess Diana, and of the [image] which fell down from Zeus?
36. "Therefore, since these things cannot be denied, you ought to be quiet and do nothing rashly.
37. "For you have brought these men here who are neither robbers of temples nor blasphemers of your goddess.
38. "Therefore, if Demetrius and his fellow craftsmen have a case against anyone, the courts are open and there are proconsuls. Let them bring charges against one another.
39. "But if you have any other inquiry to make, it shall be determined in the lawful assembly.
40. "For we are in danger of being called in question for today's uproar, there being no reason which we may give to account for this disorderly gathering."
41. And when he had said these things, he dismissed the assembly.

✝�STUDY

In our study yesterday, we read about how Demetrius tried to incite the craftsmen in the city of Ephesus against Paul and his fellow workers because they preached against idolatry and people were throwing away their idols. This incitement came as a result of fear that they might lose their means of livelihood. In our study today, we discover that their accusation could not hold against Paul and his fellow workers (v.32) because God was at work in favour of Paul and his fellow workers (v.37).

When you preach the right gospel and message to the people, God willbe there to defend you against any attack. He has promised to be with you till the end of the age (Matt.28:20). God expects you to preach the truth without fear of intimidation (Matt. 10:20) and He will handle the aftermath of the message. He expects you to preach the truth in your office, market place and in your community. When you do this, hold on to God to defend you!

✝� PRAYER: Lord, deliver me from fear that hinders me from speaking the truth in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:26am On Aug 04, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2020-08-04

✝�TOPIC: BE AVAILABLE

✝�TEXT: ACTS 20:1-16(NKJV)
1. After the uproar had ceased, Paul called the disciples to [himself,] embraced [them,] and departed to go to Macedonia.
2. Now when he had gone over that region and encouraged them with many words, he came to Greece
3. and stayed three months. And when the Jews plotted against him as he was about to sail to Syria, he decided to return through Macedonia.
4. And Sopater of Berea accompanied him to Asia -- also Aristarchus and Secundus of the Thessalonians, and Gaius of Derbe, and Timothy, and Tychicus and Trophimus of Asia.
5. These men, going ahead, waited for us at Troas.
6. But we sailed away from Philippi after the Days of Unleavened Bread, and in five days joined them at Troas, where we stayed seven days.
7. Now on the first [day] of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight.
8. There were many lamps in the upper room where they were gathered together.
9. And in a window sat a certain young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a deep sleep. He was overcome by sleep; and as Paul continued speaking, he fell down from the third story and was taken up dead.
10. But Paul went down, fell on him, and embracing [him] said, "Do not trouble yourselves, for his life is in him."
11. Now when he had come up, had broken bread and eaten, and talked a long while, even till daybreak, he departed.
12. And they brought the young man in alive, and they were not a little comforted.
13. Then we went ahead to the ship and sailed to Assos, there intending to take Paul on board; for so he had given orders, intending himself to go on foot.
14. And when he met us at Assos, we took him on board and came to Mitylene.
15. We sailed from there, and the next [day] came opposite Chios. The following [day] we arrived at Samos and stayed at Trogyllium. The next [day] we came to Miletus.
16. For Paul had decided to sail past Ephesus, so that he would not have to spend time in Asia; for he was hurrying to be at Jerusalem, if possible, on the Day of Pentecost.

✝�STUDY

In the passage we read today, some names are mentioned; these people had been Paul’s companions in his missionary journey (v.4). These men who were travelling with Paul represented churches that he had started in Asia. Paul often sought others to help him in his work. These also can be said of Jesus who called 12 people to be his disciples (Matt.10:1-4).

God also wants to use you for your pastor. He expects you to be available for His use. You can also be useful as a fellow worker with your pastor by assisting him financially to ease his ministerial work; you can be his prayer partner, lifting up his ministry before God. When you pray to God and make yourself available for His work, God will show you the area you can be more useful and helpful to your pastor.

✝� PRAYER: God open my eyes to see the areas where I can be useful and helpful to your church

Credits: Daily fountain Devotional.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:20am On Aug 05, 2020
Date: 2020-08-05

✝�TOPIC: WHAT IS YOUR MESSAGE?

✝�TEXT: ACTS 20:17-27(NKJV)

17. From Miletus he sent to Ephesus and called for the elders of the church.
18. And when they had come to him, he said to them: "You know, from the first day that I came to Asia, in what manner I always lived among you,
19. "serving the Lord with all humility, with many tears and trials which happened to me by the plotting of the Jews;
20. "how I kept back nothing that was helpful, but proclaimed it to you, and taught you publicly and from house to house,
21. "testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
22. "And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there,
23. "except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me.
24. "But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
25. "And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more.
26. "Therefore I testify to you this day that I [am] innocent of the blood of all [men.]
27. "For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God.

✝�STUDY

Paul reminded the elders of the church his way of life when he was among them- he served among them with humility and tears. This message of salvation was so important that he never missed an opportunity to share it. He preached his message in different ways to fit different audiences but the message remained the same: it was turning away from sin and turning to Christ by faith! This was the testimony of Paul to the elders - his message of salvation that he taught them from house to house (vs. 19-21).

There is general misconception that preaching of the gospel is limited to pastors and other ordained ministers. You must note that as a Christian, you are also commissioned to preach the gospel. God expects you to preach the message that will be helpful to the hearer. The most important goal of your message is to tell others about Christ. God needs you and other people to speak the truth about Jesus Christ today.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, help me not to deviate from the message of the Great Commission, Amen!
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:45am On Aug 07, 2020
✝� *DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL*
Date: 2020-08-07

✝�TOPIC: RISE TO DEFEND

✝�TEXT: ACTS 20:28-38
(NKJV)

28. "Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.
29. "For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock.
30. "Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves.
31. "Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.
32. "So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.
33. "I have coveted no one's silver or gold or apparel.
34. "Yes, you yourselves know that these hands have provided for my necessities, and for those who were with me.
35. "I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "
36. And when he had said these things, he knelt down and prayed with them all.
37. Then they all wept freely, and fell on Paul's neck and kissed him,
38. sorrowing most of all for the words which he spoke, that they would see his face no more. And they accompanied him to the ship.

✝�STUDY

Paul, in his exhortation to the Ephesian elders admonished them to take heed to themselves and to all the flock among which the Holy Spirit had made them overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. He also warned them that savage wolves would come among them, not sparing the flock.He told them to ‘watch’ (vs. 28-31).

When we look at the church today, we discover that what Paul warned the elders to take heed of is already manifesting. Consider the issues of homosexuality, bi-sexuality and lesbianism that are already tearing the church apart; doctrinal differences and church proliferation, to mention just afew. Wolves have entered the church drawing away disciples after themselves. Instead of using the platform of social media and other avenues to attack one anotherthereby creating an avenue for Satan to turn many away from the truth, what God expects from you is to take heed, and contend for the faith (Jude 3-4), remembering that the church is purchased with the blood of Jesus Christ. We all need to defend the faith of the risen Lord through prayer and intercession.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, use me as a vessel to defend your church.

Credits: Daily fountain Devotional
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:45am On Aug 08, 2020
Date: 2020-08-08

✝�TOPIC: BE DETERMINED

✝�TEXT: ACTS 21:1-16(NKJV)

1. Now it came to pass, that when we had departed from them and set sail, running a straight course we came to Cos, the following [day] to Rhodes, and from there to Patara.
2. And finding a ship sailing over to Phoenicia, we went aboard and set sail.
3. When we had sighted Cyprus, we passed it on the left, sailed to Syria, and landed at Tyre; for there the ship was to unload her cargo.
4. And finding disciples, we stayed there seven days. They told Paul through the Spirit not to go up to Jerusalem.
5. When we had come to the end of those days, we departed and went on our way; and they all accompanied us, with wives and children, till [we were] out of the city. And we knelt down on the shore and prayed.
6. When we had taken our leave of one another, we boarded the ship, and they returned home.
7. And when we had finished [our] voyage from Tyre, we came to Ptolemais, greeted the brethren, and stayed with them one day.
8. On the next [day] we who were Paul's companions departed and came to Caesarea, and entered the house of Philip the evangelist, who was [one] of the seven, and stayed with him.
9. Now this man had four virgin daughters who prophesied.
10. And as we stayed many days, a certain prophet named Agabus came down from Judea.
11. When he had come to us, he took Paul's belt, bound his [own] hands and feet, and said, "Thus says the Holy Spirit, 'So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man who owns this belt, and deliver [him] into the hands of the Gentiles.' "
12. Now when we heard these things, both we and those from that place pleaded with him not to go up to Jerusalem.
13. Then Paul answered, "What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus."
14. So when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, "The will of the Lord be done."
15. And after those days we packed and went up to Jerusalem.
16. Also some of the disciples from Caesarea went with us and brought with them a certain Mnason of Cyprus, an early disciple, with whom we were to lodge.

✝�STUDY

Paul knew he would be imprisoned in Jerusalemand his friends pleaded with him not to go there because of the prophecy by the prophet,Agabus. However, Paul determined to go; he knew full well that God wanted him to go. At the initial stage of Paul’s conversion, he had been told by the Lord Jesus about many things he would suffer. So God had already prepared his heart from the initial stage and Paul would not allow anything to come between him and his obedience to God. Though the prophecy came from the Holy Spirit, Paul understood the prophecy more than the prophet. He knew before this time that he must suffer for Christ.

God also must have spoken to you in the time past about certain issues you need to take a step of faith over, but circumstances surrounding you are holding you back. You are convinced that it is God leading you, but the voices you are hearing are opposed to what God has placed in your heart. What you need to do is to determine to do that which God had laid in your heart. It may be concerning your marital issue, leaving a job for a better one or going into the mission field. Beloved, please take that step of faith and be determined to do the will of God.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, strengthen my spirit to be determined to do your will, Amen!
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 10:49am On Aug 09, 2020
Date: 2020-08-09
(Trinity 9)

✝�TOPIC: THE GLORY IN HIS SUFFERING

✝�TEXT: 1PETER 5:1-11 (NKJV)

1. The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed:
2. Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly;
3. nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock;
4. and when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away.
5. Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to [your] elders. Yes, all of [you] be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."
6. Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
7. casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
8. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
9. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
10. But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle [you.]
11. To Him [be] the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

✝�STUDY

The word ‘suffering’ is not celebrated in our generation. Even in Christendom, we are not comfortable with it, forgetting the fact that Jesus earned the CROWN through the CROSS. The human nature at work in us hates suffering. Apostle Peter used his personal experience in his walk with Christ to exhort the elders like himself on the inevitability and necessity of suffering if they would fulfil their God-given purpose in the kingdom agenda(vs. 9-10). “…though now for a little while you may have to suffer various trials, so that the genuineness of your faith … is tested by fire, may be found to praise and glory and honour at the revelation of Jesus Christ’’ (I Peter1:6-7). The word ‘suffering’ is repeatedly emphasised in our text to show us that as followers of Jesus Christ, it is a means of revealing the glory of He who has called us. Peter wrote this letter when opposition to Christians intensified rapidly, during the reign of Emperor Nero; Christ’s followers were regarded as anti-social because of their refusal to partake in social practices which were full of evils and immoralities,just like our own days.

As a child of God, when you suffer for the things and issues that have eternal value, you should count it as joy (Matthew 5:11-12; James 1:2). Your endurance in time of suffering proves your faith to be genuine, increases your joy and makes your love for Jesus Christ, the Saviour stronger. “And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace ,who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, establish and strengthen you” (v10).

✝� PRAYER: My dear father, strengthen me by the power of the Holy Spirit to remain firm and strong in time of suffering, that in the end, I may rejoice and reign with you in glory ,in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:14am On Aug 10, 2020
Date: 2020-08-10

✝�TOPIC: LET YOUR LIFE BRING GLORY TO GOD

✝�TEXT: ACTS 21:17-26(NKJV)
17. And when we had come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly.
18. On the following [day] Paul went in with us to James, and all the elders were present.
19. When he had greeted them, he told in detail those things which God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry.
20. And when they heard [it,] they glorified the Lord. And they said to him, "You see, brother, how many myriads of Jews there are who have believed, and they are all zealous for the law;
21. "but they have been informed about you that you teach all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise [their] children nor to walk according to the customs.
22. "What then? The assembly must certainly meet, for they will hear that you have come.
23. "Therefore do what we tell you: We have four men who have taken a vow.
24. "Take them and be purified with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave [their] heads, and that all may know that those things of which they were informed concerning you are nothing, but [that] you yourself also walk orderly and keep the law.
25. "But concerning the Gentiles who believe, we have written [and] decided that they should observe no such thing, except that they should keep themselves from [things] offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality."
26. Then Paul took the men, and the next day, having been purified with them, entered the temple to announce the expiration of the days of purification, at which time an offering should be made for each one of them.

✝�STUDY

Genesis 1:31 states that “…God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good.” You are created to radiate God’s glory: Your words, actions, and entire life are designed to give glory to God.

Anything short of this is a deviation, and it negates the purpose of creation. From our text, Apostle Paul returned to Jerusalem from his second missionary journey, appeared before the church elders to give account of those things which God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry (v.19) and to refute the wrong allegations levelled against him by his detractors.

When the elders heard the report “…they glorified the Lord” (v.20) despite malicious reports they received earlier about Paul.
Beloved, you are created in Christ Jesus to show forth His good works. Paul’s preaching ministry brought glory to God among the Gentiles and joy to the church elders. Is your way of life bringing praise and glory to God in your family, office and neighborhood? Do something that will put smiles on someone’s face today. Through Paul, many lives were won for Christ and thus delivered from eternal destruction in hell fire. How often do you preach the gospel? Like Philip the Evangelist, do not hide the grace of God, tell someone about the love of Christ today and so bring joy to aching hearts (Acts 8:5-cool.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, let my life bring glory to you, use me today to tell someone of your love; in Jesus name I pray. Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:56am On Aug 11, 2020
Date: 2020-08-11

✝�TOPIC: BEWARE OF RUMOUR PEDDLERS

✝�TEXT: Acts 21:27-36(NKJV)
27. Now when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews from Asia, seeing him in the temple, stirred up the whole crowd and laid hands on him,
28. crying out, "Men of Israel, help! This is the man who teaches all [men] everywhere against the people, the law, and this place; and furthermore he also brought Greeks into the temple and has defiled this holy place."
29. (For they had previously seen Trophimus the Ephesian with him in the city, whom they supposed that Paul had brought into the temple.)
30. And all the city was disturbed; and the people ran together, seized Paul, and dragged him out of the temple; and immediately the doors were shut.
31. Now as they were seeking to kill him, news came to the commander of the garrison that all Jerusalem was in an uproar.
32. He immediately took soldiers and centurions, and ran down to them. And when they saw the commander and the soldiers, they stopped beating Paul.
33. Then the commander came near and took him, and commanded [him] to be bound with two chains; and he asked who he was and what he had done.
34. And some among the multitude cried one thing and some another. So when he could not ascertain the truth because of the tumult, he commanded him to be taken into the barracks.
35. When he reached the stairs, he had to be carried by the soldiers because of the violence of the mob.
36. For the multitude of the people followed after, crying out, "Away with him!"

✝�STUDY

Rumour peddlers are those who spread false information or unproven stories, often with the aim to subvert the truth or undermine morals. The Jews from Asia, in our reading, stirred up the crowd against Paul and spread malicious information about him. They cried out “Men of Israel, help! This is the man who teaches all men everywhere against the people, the law and this place; and furthermore he also brought Greeks into the temple and has defiled this holy place” (v.28). This statement was not true. Paul’s preaching ministry brought healing to the sick at Lystra (Acts 14:8-10), deliverance to the oppressed at Thyatira and Asia (Acts 16:16-18, vs19:10-12) and salvation to the lost. Concerning bringing of a Greek into the Temple, verse 29 vindicated Paul with the record that they “supposed that Paul had brought Trophimus (a Greek) into the temple” whereas this was not so.
Let us be careful in the way we respond to information reaching us about other brethren especially when the facts are not available to us. Satanic agents are everywhere (in families, churchesand organisations) to cause confusion and disaffection, especially in Christian assemblies, between couples, friends and close associates. We must be discerning enough not to allow false brethren (like the Jews from Asia) or friends, to truncate the peace in our homes, office or church. Mark it, any news or information with the label “they say”, “we hear”, are likely to be untrue. Do not join the league of rumour peddlers, their intents are always evil.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, deliver your children from the craft of evil planners. Amen

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:02am On Aug 12, 2020
Date: 2020-08-12

✝�TOPIC: GOD HAS NOT GIVEN YOU THE SPIRIT OF FEAR

✝�TEXT: ACTS 21:37-22:1-5 (NKJV)

37. Then as Paul was about to be led into the barracks, he said to the commander, "May I speak to you?" He replied, "Can you speak Greek?
38. "Are you not the Egyptian who some time ago stirred up a rebellion and led the four thousand assassins out into the wilderness?"
39. But Paul said, "I am a Jew from Tarsus, in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city; and I implore you, permit me to speak to the people."
40. So when he had given him permission, Paul stood on the stairs and motioned with his hand to the people. And when there was a great silence, he spoke to [them] in the Hebrew language, saying,
41. "Brethren and fathers, hear my defense before you now."

✝�STUDY

To be fearful is to show lack of courage and confidence,being fainthearted or timid. Such condition enslaves and works against progress in life. No wonder, God warned Joshua after the death of Moses, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage, do not be afraid, nor be dismayed for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9). Today’s reading reveals how confident and courageous Paul was in the Lord. In the face of severe hostility, he engaged the Army commander who came to rescue him and proved to him that he was not an impostor (vs. 38-39). Secondly, he was able to stand in defence of his faith right before his accusers (Acts 22:1-5).

The scripture says that fear has a spirit behind it, which does not come from God. “For God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power, love and sound mind” (IITimothy. 1:7).For you to make progress in your profession, ministry or life, you must repose your confidence in God and be courageous enough to break new grounds. Take the step today to resolve the strained relationship; be bold to face challenges in business or academics. Be confident enough to preach the gospel to your friends, rebuke sin and expose it. Remember, a fearful heart is the cemetery of good intentions.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, help me to overcome fear, endow me with your Spirit of power, love and sound mind, in Jesus name. Amen

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:23am On Aug 13, 2020
Date: 2020-08-13

✝�TOPIC: KNOWING THE WILL OF GOD

✝�TEXT: ACTS 22:6-16(NKJV)

6. "Now it happened, as I journeyed and came near Damascus at about noon, suddenly a great light from heaven shone around me.
7. "And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?'
8. "So I answered, 'Who are You, Lord?' And He said to me, 'I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting.'
9. "And those who were with me indeed saw the light and were afraid, but they did not hear the voice of Him who spoke to me.
10. "So I said, 'What shall I do, Lord?' And the Lord said to me, 'Arise and go into Damascus, and there you will be told all things which are appointed for you to do.'
11. "And since I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of those who were with me, I came into Damascus.
12. "Then a certain Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good testimony with all the Jews who dwelt [there,]
13. "came to me; and he stood and said to me, 'Brother Saul, receive your sight.' And at that same hour I looked up at him.
14. "Then he said, 'The God of our fathers has chosen you that you should know His will, and see the Just One, and hear the voice of His mouth.
15. 'For you will be His witness to all men of what you have seen and heard.
16. 'And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.'

✝�STUDY

To know the will of God for your life is very important. God has a divine plan for your life; you are not a product of accident. Apostle Paul, from our passage, narrated how he had been zealous for the work of God to the point of persecuting the young church and committing her members to prison until he was arrested by the Lord Jesus Christ Himself on his way to Damascus (Acts 22:5-10). Ananias re-interpreted the Damascus Road experience to Paul this way – “the God of our fathers has chosen you that you should know His will...” (v.14). All this while, Paul, a Pharisee and teacher of the law, did not know the will of God. The utmost will of God for mankind is salvation through His Son Jesus Christ (ITimothy 2:3-5; John 3:16)
The implication of Ananias’ statement is that the number of years as a church member or priest does not guarantee salvation. Like Paul, you need an encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus said: “Most assuredly I say to you, unless one is born-again, he cannot see the kingdom of God” (John 3:3). Are you born-again? If not, it is high time you repentedand confessedyour sins to Jesusand accept Him as your Lord and Saviour. This is so that all your labours will not be in vain. God has a blueprint for your life (Jer. 29:11)and to know this, seek His face in prayer, read His word and ask the Holy Spirit to direct you. It is an awesome experience to know His will.

✝� PRAYER: Lord God, reveal to me, your will for my life in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:35am On Aug 14, 2020
Date: 2020-08-14

✝�TOPIC: KNOW YOUR RIGHT AND DEFEND IT

✝�TEXT: ACTS 22:17-30 (NKJV)
17. "Now it happened, when I returned to Jerusalem and was praying in the temple, that I was in a trance
18. "and saw Him saying to me, 'Make haste and get out of Jerusalem quickly, for they will not receive your testimony concerning Me.'
19. "So I said, 'Lord, they know that in every synagogue I imprisoned and beat those who believe on You.
20. 'And when the blood of Your martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by consenting to his death, and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.'
21. "Then He said to me, 'Depart, for I will send you far from here to the Gentiles.' "
22. And they listened to him until this word, and [then] they raised their voices and said, "Away with such a [fellow] from the earth, for he is not fit to live!"
23. Then, as they cried out and tore off [their] clothes and threw dust into the air,
24. the commander ordered him to be brought into the barracks, and said that he should be examined under scourging, so that he might know why they shouted so against him.
25. And as they bound him with thongs, Paul said to the centurion who stood by, "Is it lawful for you to scourge a man who is a Roman, and uncondemned?"
26. When the centurion heard [that,] he went and told the commander, saying, "Take care what you do, for this man is a Roman."
27. Then the commander came and said to him, "Tell me, are you a Roman?" He said, "Yes."
28. The commander answered, "With a large sum I obtained this citizenship." And Paul said, "But I was born [a citizen."]
29. Then immediately those who were about to examine him withdrew from him; and the commander was also afraid after he found out that he was a Roman, and because he had bound him.
30. The next day, because he wanted to know for certain why he was accused by the Jews, he released him from [his] bonds, and commanded the chief priests and all their council to appear, and brought Paul down and set him before them.

✝�STUDY

It is often said, “Your right is your power” and “ignorance of the law is not an excuse.” In our society today, many people who do not know their right(s) are cheated and molested. It is not unchristian to claim and defend your constitutional rights where possible. In today’s Bible passage, we see Paul claiming his constitutional rights and privileges. Due to the confusion that followed the defence of his faith before the crowd, “the commander ordered him to be brought into the barracks, and said that he should be examined under scourging…” (v.24). This action of the commander was against the Roman law that forbade binding and scourging of uncondemned Roman citizens. Paul knew this and asserted his right (v.25). Paul’s knowledge of his rights and privileges as a Roman citizen (he was born in Tarsus, a Roman Colony), prevented his being unjustly flogged.
Beloved, there is no reason why we may not use lawful means at our disposal to repel or prevent an injury. Are you under pressure to sleep with your boss or lecturer at school? Are you a victim of sexual abuse? Are you unjustly denied your wages by an over-bearing boss or asked to engage in fraudulent practices? Take it to God in prayer, seek godly counsel and where possible, seek lawful means to redress the ungodly act. Moreover, do you know that it is your right to resist the devil, and he will flee from you (James 4:7)? The devil is at the root of all problems, resist him with prayer and he will flee from you.

✝� PRAYER: Deliver me, oh Lord, from all afflictions of the devil in Jesus name I pray. Amen

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 11:22am On Aug 15, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 15 AUGUST 2020

✝�TOPIC: I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS

✝�TEXT: ACTS 23:1-11(NKJV)

1. Then Paul, looking earnestly at the council, said, "Men [and] brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day."
2. And the high priest Ananias commanded those who stood by him to strike him on the mouth.
3. Then Paul said to him, "God will strike you, [you] whitewashed wall! For you sit to judge me according to the law, and do you command me to be struck contrary to the law?"
4. And those who stood by said, "Do you revile God's high priest?"
5. Then Paul said, "I did not know, brethren, that he was the high priest; for it is written, 'You shall not speak evil of a ruler of your people.' "
6. But when Paul perceived that one part were Sadducees and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, "Men [and] brethren, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee; concerning the hope and resurrection of the dead I am being judged!"
7. And when he had said this, a dissension arose between the Pharisees and the Sadducees; and the assembly was divided.
8. For Sadducees say that there is no resurrection -- and no angel or spirit; but the Pharisees confess both.
9. Then there arose a loud outcry. And the scribes of the Pharisees' party arose and protested, saying, "We find no evil in this man; but if a spirit or an angel has spoken to him, let us not fight against God."
10. Now when there arose a great dissension, the commander, fearing lest Paul might be pulled to pieces by them, commanded the soldiers to go down and take him by force from among them, and bring [him] into the barracks.
11. But the following night the Lord stood by him and said, "Be of good cheer, Paul; for as you have testified for Me in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness at Rome."

✝�STUDY

Nothing can be compared with the presence of God in a believer’s life; His presence is soothing, comforting and reassuring. This is the reason Moses announced to the Lord “…if your presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here” (Exodus 33:15). Jesus knew this and left these parting words with His disciples “…and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matt. 28:20).
Our passage reveals the unpleasant situation Paul found himself. While the commander made efforts to settle the problem between Paul and the Jews on matters bothering essentially on their religion, he invited the Chief Priest and all their Council (the Pharisees and the Sadducees) and placed Paul among them. With great wisdom, Paul exploited the difference in the belief systems of the Pharisees and the Sadducees during his presentation. This led to a great dissension between the two sects such that Paul was almost torn in two (v.10). Alas, in that terrible situation, the Lord spoke to Paul by night – “Be of good cheer, Paul…” (v.11). What a comforting statement from the King of the Universe to a troubled soul! Beloved, are you also going through hard times at home, officeor marriage because of your faith in Christ Jesus? Be of good cheer, the Lord is with you. He has promised He will never fail. Certainly there will be light at the end of the tunnel (Isa.43:2).

✝� PRAYER: Lord God, do not let your presence depart from me. Amen

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:45am On Aug 16, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 16 AUGUST 2020

✝�TOPIC: EVIDENCE OF GENUINE CONVERSION

✝�TEXT: ACTS 2:41-47(NKJV)

41. Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added [to them.]
42. And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
43. Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.
44. Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common,
45. and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.
46. So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,
47. praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.

✝� STUDY

The event leading to today’s passage was the historic sermon of Simon Peter on the day of Pentecost;the sermon alone led to the conversion of 3000 souls. Our passage, however, shows the social and religious relationship among the believers. The scripture reveals that “…they continued steadfastly in the Apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread and in prayers” (v.42).Their qualities reveal the evidence of their genuine conversion as follows:
I. They continued steadfastly in the Apostles doctrine and fellowship. This means that the believers constantly listened to the teaching of the word of God from the Apostles and they were ready to obey them; they were thirsty for the Word. A strong evidence of conversion is the desire to be instructed more in the word of God and the willingness to obey the same. Is this desire still evident in your life?
II. They continued steadfastly in the breaking of bread and in prayers. Genuine conversion comes with the thirst to partake in all that enhances fellowship with God, especially in Holy Communion and constant prayers. But it is regrettable that the fervour of these qualities has gone down in many Christians today. Kindly do a spiritual check-up today by examining yourself to know how you fare in your relationship with God and fellow believers. May the good Lord restore our first love!

✝� PRAYER: Lord, restore my first love for you, in Jesus name I pray. Amen!
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:49am On Aug 17, 2020
�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 17 AUGUST 2020

✝�TOPIC: CALL TO GENUINE REPENTANCE

✝�TEXT: ZECHARIAH 1:1-6(NKJV)

1. In the eighth month of the second year of Darius, the word of the LORD came to Zechariah the son of Berechiah, the son of Iddo the prophet, saying,
2. "The LORD has been very angry with your fathers.
3. "Therefore say to them, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts: "Return to Me," says the LORD of hosts, "and I will return to you," says the LORD of hosts.
4. "Do not be like your fathers, to whom the former prophets preached, saying, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts: "Turn now from your evil ways and your evil deeds." ' But they did not hear nor heed Me," says the LORD.
5. "Your fathers, where [are] they? And the prophets, do they live forever?
6. Yet surely My words and My statutes, Which I commanded My servants the prophets, Did they not overtake your fathers? "So they returned and said: 'Just as the LORD of hosts determined to do to us, According to our ways and according to our deeds, So He has dealt with us.' " ' "

✝�STUDY

Zachariah the Prophet came from the Tribe of Leviand this qualified him for two offices: He was both priest and a prophet.He had a mandate of reminding the Jews who returned from exile in Babylon what had happened to their forefathers which led to their captivity and the destruction of the temple. He also told them the plan of God for the remnants, those who had returned to Jerusalem with him and his companions (v.1). Prophet Zechariah in our text, encourages the Israelites to return to the Lord their God. The word “return” here means genuine repentance, to forsake their evil ways and practices and not to walk on the path that their forefathers walked which led them to the Babylonian’s captivity (v.4).

God promises that if we repent and forsake our evil ways and practices, He is just and righteous to forgive and to cleanse us of our sins. Like the Israelites, you also need to repent of all your wicked ways in order to enjoy your fellowship with God. You cannot experience the benefits of becoming God’s child and the joy of walking with Him without confessing and repenting of your sin genuinely (1John 1:6). Sin always cuts people offfrom God’s glory and robs them of their blessings, thereby making them miserable. God is calling you to turn and submit to Him completely in order to enjoy freshness from His presence (Acts 3:19).

✝� PRAYER: Dear Father, forgive all my shortcomings and cleanse me by the Blood, in Jesus’ name. Amen

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:34am On Aug 18, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 18 AUGUST 2020

✝�TOPIC: DIVINE RESTORATION

✝�TEXT: ZECHARIAH 1:7-21(NKJV)
7. On the twenty-fourth day of the eleventh month, which is the month Shebat, in the second year of Darius, the word of the LORD came to Zechariah the son of Berechiah, the son of Iddo the prophet:
8. I saw by night, and behold, a man riding on a red horse, and it stood among the myrtle trees in the hollow; and behind him [were] horses: red, sorrel, and white.
9. Then I said, "My lord, what [are] these?" So the angel who talked with me said to me, "I will show you what they [are."]
10. And the man who stood among the myrtle trees answered and said, "These [are the ones] whom the LORD has sent to walk to and fro throughout the earth."
11. So they answered the Angel of the LORD, who stood among the myrtle trees, and said, "We have walked to and fro throughout the earth, and behold, all the earth is resting quietly."
12. Then the Angel of the LORD answered and said, "O LORD of hosts, how long will You not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Judah, against which You were angry these seventy years?"
13. And the LORD answered the angel who talked to me, [with] good [and] comforting words.
14. So the angel who spoke with me said to me, "Proclaim, saying, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts: "I am zealous for Jerusalem And for Zion with great zeal.
15. I am exceedingly angry with the nations at ease; For I was a little angry, And they helped -- [but] with evil [intent."]
16. 'Therefore thus says the LORD: "I am returning to Jerusalem with mercy; My house shall be built in it," says the LORD of hosts, "And a [surveyor's] line shall be stretched out over Jerusalem." '
17. "Again proclaim, saying, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts: "My cities shall again spread out through prosperity; The LORD will again comfort Zion, And will again choose Jerusalem." ' "
18. Then I raised my eyes and looked, and there [were] four horns.
19. And I said to the angel who talked with me, "What [are] these?" So he answered me, "These [are] the horns that have scattered Judah, Israel, and Jerusalem."
20. Then the LORD showed me four craftsmen.
21. And I said, "What are these coming to do?" So he said, "These [are] the horns that scattered Judah, so that no one could lift up his head; but the craftsmen are coming to terrify them, to cast out the horns of the nations that lifted up [their] horn against the land of Judah to scatter it."

✝�STUDY

Our meditation yesterday reminded us of God’s displeasure with the remnants who survived the Babylonian captivity. He was angry with the Israelites because of their evil ways. But now that they had turned to Him with a penitent heart, He had repented of what he purposed to do and promised to restore all their lost fortunes. The Bible says “Therefore, thus says the Lord, ‘I am returning to Jerusalem with mercy; My house shall be built in it says the Lord of hosts, And a surveyor’s line shall be stretched out over Jerusalem…My cities shall again spread out through prosperity; The Lord will again comfort Zion and will again choose Jerusalem” (vs. 16-17).

Beloved, if you also can turn to the Lord today with a broken and contrite heart, He will turn to you and grant you mercy, prosperity and comfort. He has promised you everything that makes life enjoyable- peace of mind, joy, breakthroughs, victory over Satan and his cohorts (vs. 18-21). All of these can be enjoyed only if you can secure God’s attention by holy living and purity of heart. When David confessed his sin before God, his joy of salvation was restored to him (Psalm 51:12). What have you lost to the devil as a result of your sin? Turn to the Lord today and your lost glory – the joy of your marriage, peace of mind and joy of your salvation - will be restored to you.

✝� PRAYER: O Lord, restore unto me today all my lost fortunes, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:15am On Aug 20, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF AUGUST 20, 2020

✝�TOPIC: TAKE AWAY YOUR FILTHY GARMENTS

✝�TEXT: ZECHARIAH 3:1-7(NKJV)

1. Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the Angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to oppose him.
2. And the LORD said to Satan, "The LORD rebuke you, Satan! The LORD who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! [Is] this not a brand plucked from the fire?"
3. Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and was standing before the Angel.
4. Then He answered and spoke to those who stood before Him, saying, "Take away the filthy garments from him." And to him He said, "See, I have removed your iniquity from you, and I will clothe you with rich robes."
5. And I said, "Let them put a clean turban on his head." So they put a clean turban on his head, and they put the clothes on him. And the Angel of the LORD stood by.
6. Then the Angel of the LORD admonished Joshua, saying,
7. "Thus says the LORD of hosts: 'If you will walk in My ways, And if you will keep My command, Then you shall also judge My house, And likewise have charge of My courts; I will give you places to walk Among these who stand here.

✝�STUDY

The mission of Joshua the High Priest and his associates was to re-build the broken walls of Jerusalem, the temple and to restore the worship life of the remnants - the Jews who returned to Jerusalem from Babylonian captivity (Haggai 1:1, Haggai 1:12-14 & Haggai 2:4). Zechariah saw in his vision, Joshua the High Priest whom God had ordained to minister in His temple and commissioned to undertake the assignment of rebuilding. He stood before the angel of the Lord and Satan was at his right hand accusing him (v.1). Satan gained access to the life of Joshua through the filthy garments on him(v.3). However, the Lord of hosts who chose him to be His vessel helped him by rebuking Satan and commanding that the filthy garments (substance of his functionality) be replaced with clean vestments for him to be effective and efficient in his assignment (v.4).
Beloved, the filthy garments in your life may be the sin of pride, hypocrisy, malice, wrong association, lukewarmness, drunkennessor idolatry. They are stumbling blocks to your stardom. God has ordained you to fulfil destiny; to be great, prosperous and progressive in life as His chosen generation (1Peter 2:9-10). But as long as those garments are still on you, it will be difficult to fulfil your purpose in life. Are you struggling with these garments? Be determined today to do away with those sins. God is ever ready to help you remove those garments of sin, if only you can turn to Him today with a penitent heart and submit to Christ’s authority by obeying His commandments.

✝� PRAYER: O Lord, take away from me today all the garments of sin, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:37am On Aug 21, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF AUGUST 21, 2020

✝�TOPIC: SPIRITUAL PRUNNING

✝�TEXT: Zechariah 3:8-10(NKJV)

8. 'Hear, O Joshua, the high priest, You and your companions who sit before you, For they are a wondrous sign; For behold, I am bringing forth My Servant the BRANCH.
9. For behold, the stone That I have laid before Joshua: Upon the stone [are] seven eyes. Behold, I will engrave its inscription,' Says the LORD of hosts, 'And I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
10. In that day,' says the LORD of hosts, 'Everyone will invite his neighbor Under his vine and under his fig tree.' "

✝�STUDY

Though painful,pruning is necessary and gainful for everyone who desires to bear fruit in his lifetime. It is often said that no pain, no gain. Today’s text reveals to us that peace and prosperity of the remnants - those who returned from Babylonian captivity - depended largely on their moral cleansing.Spiritual cleansing must come before spiritual blessings. The messenger called the ‘Branch’ in our passage is the Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ whom God would send to remove the iniquity of His people in one day (vs. 8-9). This was fulfilled when Jesus Christ came into the world to die upon the cross. He took away our sins and laid themon the cross for our sakethereby opening the gate of God’s blessings unto all His children.

Child of God, your walk with the Lord will be an exercise in futility if you are not grafted in Him as a branch, for nourishment, support and regular pruning (Romans 11:16-24& John 15:5-6). The Bible saysif anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature and old things are passed away. For you to experience new results in all areas of your life: marriage, business and ministry, you must submit to Christ for spiritual pruning. He loves you and wants you to bear much fruit so that His name will be glorified through your life, but the old nature must give way toHis glory. Beloved, what sin are you indulging in? It will make you unproductive and sick, but if you yield your life to Jesus today, He will prune you and make you fruitful.

✝� PRAYER: Dear Father, prune my life today for me to bear much fruit to your praise and glory in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by Kobojunkie: 4:40am On Aug 21, 2020
Jesus Christ lashed out at Scribes,Pharisees, and MOGs... Teachers of the Law who were not chosen by God to Teach His people but assigned themselves as Teachers/gods over His people anyways.

It was only as part of the old Covenant that MOGs known as 'men of God' were set up to teach God's people, the descendants of Israel, about God's commandments and ways. However, the office was hijacked by men who took to installing themselves according to their own rules, as leaders over God's own people, setting themselves up as dictators over God's people where it God and matters that concern God. With His New Covenant, God declared that there would be no more MOGs. Instead, for His New Covenant, God declared He alone will teach His flock about Himself.

So your MOGs, who pretend to be of Jesus Christ, were never set up as Teachers over God's people... they were simply meant to preach the good news of Jesus Christ to those who were not saved... not to install themselves as managers over those who were, but instead, these men have

1. Set themselves up as 'spiritual' leaders/authorities over Jesus Christ's flock

Matthew 20 vs 24-28 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25. So Jesus called the followers together. He said, “You know that the rulers of the non-Jewish people love to show their power over the people. And their important leaders love to use all their authority over the people.
26. But it should not be that way with you. Whoever wants to be your leader must be your servant.
27. Whoever wants to be first must serve the rest of you like a slave.
28. Do as I did: The Son of Man did not come for people to serve him. He came to serve others and to give his life to save many people.”
2. Spiritual 'Abbas over those they have been sent out to preach the good news of the Kingdom of God to

Matthew 23 vs 8-9
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
3. Planted themselves as go-betweens between God and His flock

Matthew 6 vs 24 (ERV)
24. “You cannot serve two masters at the same time. You will hate one and love the other, or you will be loyal to one and not care about the other. You cannot serve God and Money[d] at the same time.
4. Established themselves as teachers teaching doctrines and traditions different from what Jesus Christ taught them

Matthew 23 vs 10-12
10. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
5. To add insult to the pile, your MOGs add rules/commandments to the set of rules that God has set up for His people to obey.

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted

If you study the Old Covenant Teachers of the Law, you will find that these were the same infractions Jesus Christ leveled against them while He was here on earth. And He did warn us, using the Old Covenant Teachers of the Law as examples, against men who would establish themselves in a similar manner over His own followers, all while pretending to come to us in the name of God.

I can go on but the truth is, your MOGs exist in direct disobedience to the very commandments of Jesus Christ. Peter, the apostle, warned people about ALL MOGs (False Prophets and Teachers), from about 2000 years ago.

2 Peter 2 vs 1-7 (ERV)
1. In the past there were false prophets among God’s people. It is the same now. You will have some false teachers in your group. They will teach things that are wrong—ideas that will cause people to be lost. And they will teach in a way that will be hard for you to see that they are wrong. They will even refuse to follow the Master who bought their freedom. And so they will quickly destroy themselves.
2. Many people will follow them in the morally wrong things they do. And because of them, others will say bad things about the way of truth we follow.
3. These false teachers only want your money. So they will use you by telling you things that are not true. But the judgment against these false teachers has been ready for a long time. And they will not escape God who will destroy them.

4. When angels sinned, God did not let them go free without punishment. He sent them to hell. He put those angels in caves of darkness, where they are being held until the time when God will judge them.

5. And God punished the evil people who lived long ago. He brought a flood to the world that was full of people who were against God. But he saved Noah and seven other people with him. Noah was a man who told people about living right.

6. God also punished the evil cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. He burned them until there was nothing left but ashes. He used those cities as an example of what will happen to people who are against God.
7. But he saved Lot, a good man who lived there. Lot was greatly troubled by the morally bad lives of those evil people. 8 This good man lived with those evil people every day, and his good heart was hurt by the evil things he saw and heard.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 11:33am On Aug 22, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF AUGUST 22, 2020

✝�TOPIC: NOT BY MIGHT BUT BY MY SPIRIT SAYS THE LORD

TEXT: Zechariah 4:1-14(NKJV)
1. Now the angel who talked with me came back and wakened me, as a man who is wakened out of his sleep.
2. And he said to me, "What do you see?" So I said, "I am looking, and there [is] a lampstand of solid gold with a bowl on top of it, and on the [stand] seven lamps with seven pipes to the seven lamps.
3. "Two olive trees [are] by it, one at the right of the bowl and the other at its left."
4. So I answered and spoke to the angel who talked with me, saying, "What [are] these, my lord?"
5. Then the angel who talked with me answered and said to me, "Do you not know what these are?" And I said, "No, my lord."
6. So he answered and said to me: "This [is] the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' Says the LORD of hosts.
7. 'Who [are] you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel [you shall become] a plain! And he shall bring forth the capstone With shouts of "Grace, grace to it!" ' "
8. Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying:
9. "The hands of Zerubbabel Have laid the foundation of this temple; His hands shall also finish [it.] Then you will know That the LORD of hosts has sent Me to you.
10. For who has despised the day of small things? For these seven rejoice to see The plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel. They are the eyes of the LORD, Which scan to and fro throughout the whole earth."
11. Then I answered and said to him, "What [are] these two olive trees -- at the right of the lampstand and at its left?"
12. And I further answered and said to him, "What [are these] two olive branches that [drip] into the receptacles of the two gold pipes from which the golden [oil] drains?"
13. Then he answered me and said, "Do you not know what these [are?"] And I said, "No, my lord."
14. So he said, "These [are] the two anointed ones, who stand beside the Lord of the whole earth."

✝�STUDY

In our passage today, Zechariah saw the vision of a lampstand with seven pipes on it and two Olive trees at the right and left side of the lampstand to supply oil to the lamps regularly (vs. 2 & 3). This vision had direct connection to the temple and the duties of the priests in the temple which Zerubbabel had started to rebuild (v.9). Though, he could not understand the vision immediately, the angel of the Lord interpreted it to him. The Oil that came from the two Olive trees represented the Spirit of God which gives power to every believer to accomplish his or her God-given assignment (v.6). Jesus Christ in His earthly ministry accomplished His own assignment within the space of three and half years by the power of the Holy Spirit (Luke 4:18-19).
God has promised usHis unlimited power to accomplish the assignment He has given usbut you cannot enjoy this when you disconnect from the power source (the Holy Spirit). Your knowledge, skill, wisdom or physical strength without the help of the Holy Spirit cannot yield any tangible result. If you depend on the strength of the Holy Spirit like Zerubbabel did, nothing will be difficult for you to achieve in life. All you need to do is to stay connected to Him, fellowship with Him regularly in prayer, reading of God’s word and obeying His instructions.

✝� PRAYER: O Lord my God, help me to stay connected to the Holy Spirit for regular supply of God’s resources in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:15am On Aug 23, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 23 AUGUST 2020

✝�TOPIC: LIVING A RISEN LIFE OF CHRIST

✝�TEXT: 2 CORINTHIANS 5:14-21(NKJV)
14. For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died;
15. and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.
16. Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know [Him thus] no longer.
17. Therefore, if anyone [is] in Christ, [he is] a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
18. Now all things [are] of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,
19. that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
20. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore [you] on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God.
21. For He made Him who knew no sin [to be] sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

✝�STUDY

Jesus Christ came into the sinful world and lived a consecrated life; no sin was found in Him. To live a risen life of Christ means living a life of victory over sin. Our text for today opens our eyes to the essence of Christ’s coming to the world to die for our sin; He put upon Himself the consequences of man’s sinful acts and therefore put an end to living for self. The text reveals that one cannot be a true follower of Christ until he or she has come to the point of saying no to self, to be controlled only by the love of Christ. To live a risen life of Christ means making efforts to silence the activities of flesh, to disregard self and always be at home with Christ (v.4). To end your relationship with the old man - the flesh- you must take yourself to the cross and be crucified with Christ; then you will become the righteousness of God(v.21).

Beloved, we live in a world polluted with diverse ungodly activities such as robbery, murder, injustice, violenceand sexual immoralities, therefore, to live a sinless life as our Saviour lived calls for a total consecration unto the Lord. Your day-to-day victory over self is guaranteed only when you cease to live for yourself. Apostle Paul says, “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me …’’(Gal. 2:20). Have you come to this point in your work with God? Make a decision today and pray for God’s enabling grace to sustain you till the end in this new path of righteousness.

✝� PRAYER: Lord Jesus, my Saviour and Redeemer, I bring myself before the cross this day.Purge my soul from the flesh and give me a new garment of righteousness to live a life pleasing to you. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:28am On Aug 24, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 24 AUGUST 2020

(St. Bartholomew, the Apostle)

✝�TOPIC: BE A MISSIONARY

✝�TEXT: MATTHEW 10:1-15(NKJV)
1. And when He had called His twelve disciples to [Him,] He gave them power [over] unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease.
2. Now the names of the twelve apostles are these: first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the [son] of Zebedee, and John his brother;
3. Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James the [son] of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
4. Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed Him.
5. These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6. "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7. "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'
8. "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
9. "Provide neither gold nor silver nor copper in your money belts,
10. "nor bag for [your] journey, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor staffs; for a worker is worthy of his food.
11. "Now whatever city or town you enter, inquire who in it is worthy, and stay there till you go out.
12. "And when you go into a household, greet it.
13. "If the household is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you.
14. "And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.
15. "Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!

✝�STUDY

Today commemorates St. Bartholomew, an Apostle of Christ and usually identified as Nathaniel. He was one of the first missionaries commissioned by Jesus Christ (vs. 1-4). A missionary is a person who is sent to a foreign country to teach people about Christianity. According to tradition, after Christ’s death, resurrection and ascension, Bartholomew evangelised in the East- in Mesopotamia, Persia, around the Black sea and perhaps reaching as far as India. Like all of the apostles, with the exception of St. John, he met his death by martyrdom. According to tradition, Bartholomew converted the king of Armenia by casting out a demon from the chief idol in the temple and then destroying all the idols. In a rage, the king’s older brother ordered Bartholomew to be seized, beaten and executed.

If you are a believer, you have also been enlisted by Christ to be a missionary according to Matthew 28:19. This mission is not yet complete. The call is still extended. We must heed the call. We must either be involved as go-missionaries or co-missionaries. To be a no-missionary is not an option for a child of God. You can use your resources to assist or sponsor those who are on the mission field asyou continue to pray for them.

✝�PRAYER: Lord, give me the heart of a missionary and preserve the missionaries from all forms of attacks through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:58am On Aug 25, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 25 AUGUST 2020

✝�TOPIC: STEALING AND SWEARING FALSELY ATTRACT GOD'S CURSE

✝�TEXT: ZECHARIAH 5:1-11(NKJV)
1. Then I turned and raised my eyes, and saw there a flying scroll.
2. And he said to me, "What do you see?" So I answered, "I see a flying scroll. Its length [is] twenty cubits and its width ten cubits."
3. Then he said to me, "This [is] the curse that goes out over the face of the whole earth: 'Every thief shall be expelled,' according [to] this side of [the scroll;] and, 'Every perjurer shall be expelled,' according [to] that side of it."
4. "I will send out [the curse,"] says the LORD of hosts; "It shall enter the house of the thief And the house of the one who swears falsely by My name. It shall remain in the midst of his house And consume it, with its timber and stones."
5. Then the angel who talked with me came out and said to me, "Lift your eyes now, and see what this [is] that goes forth."
6. So I asked, "What [is] it?" And he said, "It [is] a basket that is going forth." He also said, "This [is] their resemblance throughout the earth:
7. "Here [is] a lead disc lifted up, and this [is] a woman sitting inside the basket";
8. then he said, "This [is] Wickedness!" And he thrust her down into the basket, and threw the lead cover over its mouth.
9. Then I raised my eyes and looked, and there [were] two women, coming with the wind in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between earth and heaven.
10. So I said to the angel who talked with me, "Where are they carrying the basket?"
11. And he said to me, "To build a house for it in the land of Shinar; when it is ready, [the basket] will be set there on its base."

✝�STUDY

Here, Zechariah saw a vision of an enormous flying scroll of 30-feet long and 15-feet wide. The scroll expressed God’s curse that went out over the whole earth;it equally stood for God’s law and the covenant which He had made with His people. Stealing and swearing falsely in God’s name are the two major sins written on the scroll. These appear to be examples of sins against their neighbours and sins against the holiness of God and God Himself. The consequences or the judgement would be grievous according to verses 3 and 4.

The passage is a warning to us today that whoever breaks God’s law is under His curse and anger. Theft or stealing and swearing falsely as mentioned, are sins that can be easily committed, even by Christians. Unfaithfulness in tithing is seriously regarded as stealing what belongs to God;it attracts grievous punishment (Mal.3:cool, let alone stealing the wealth of a whole society or community as can be seen in the political arena today. Swearing falsely is equally easily committed when we fail to uphold the confessions we make in God’s name, especially as political or religious agents in the society or even in the church. God desires that we repent of all these and live a holy life so that we can be forgiven and escape His curse and judgement.

✝� PRAYER: Father, help me to live a life devoid of all forms of unrighteousness in Jesus’ name.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:06am On Aug 27, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 27 AUGUST 2020

✝�TOPIC: WE HAVE BEEN MADE KINGS AND PRIESTS!

✝�TEXT: ZECHARIAH 6:11-15(NKJV)

11. "Take the silver and gold, make an elaborate crown, and set [it] on the head of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest.
12. "Then speak to him, saying, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, saying: "Behold, the Man whose name [is] the BRANCH! From His place He shall branch out, And He shall build the temple of the LORD;
13. Yes, He shall build the temple of the LORD. He shall bear the glory, And shall sit and rule on His throne; So He shall be a priest on His throne, And the counsel of peace shall be between them both." '
14. "Now the elaborate crown shall be for a memorial in the temple of the LORD for Helem, Tobijah, Jedaiah, and Hen the son of Zephaniah.
15. "Even those from afar shall come and build the temple of the LORD. Then you shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent Me to you. And [this] shall come to pass if you diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God."

✝�STUDY

Zechariah was commanded by the Lord to collect silver and gold from some of the exiles that came from Babylon and make the elements into a crown for the coronation of the high priest, Joshua, the son of Jehozadak (vs. 6:9-11). This action indicated that Joshua would both serve as a priest and function as king. This event foreshadows the priestly and kingly (Messianic) role of the Branch, the Davidic king-Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is our High Priest, pleading and interceding for us before the Father as a priest does when he leads his people or congregation before God in confession, intercession and teaching. As a king, He rules in the heart of His children and He will eventually put an end to the evil kingdom of this world when He comes back. Then, He will continue to rule as king eternally among his saints (2 Thess.1:6-10). Since Christ, ‘the Branch’, is both our High Priest and King and has made us His followers a kingdom of priests and kings, then as we lead people to God through the preaching of the Gospel, we need to exercise the authority He has given us by smashing and destroying all the works of darkness through the power of prayer (Jer. 1:1-10; Luke 4:18-19).

✝� PRAYER: Father, let every evil force militating
against your kingdom in my heart and Your purpose for my life be destroyed today by the Blood of Jesus.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:38am On Aug 28, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 28 AUGUST 2020

✝�TOPIC: THE EFFICACY OF TRUE FASTING

✝�TEXT: ZECHARIAH 7:1-14(NKJV)
1. Now in the fourth year of King Darius it came to pass [that] the word of the LORD came to Zechariah, on the fourth day of the ninth month, Chislev,
2. when [the people] sent Sherezer, with Regem-Melech and his men, [to] the house of God, to pray before the LORD,
3. [and] to ask the priests who [were] in the house of the LORD of hosts, and the prophets, saying, "Should I weep in the fifth month and fast as I have done for so many years?"
4. Then the word of the LORD of hosts came to me, saying,
5. "Say to all the people of the land, and to the priests: 'When you fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh [months] during those seventy years, did you really fast for Me -- for Me?
6. 'When you eat and when you drink, do you not eat and drink [for yourselves?]
7. '[Should you] not [have obeyed] the words which the LORD proclaimed through the former prophets when Jerusalem and the cities around it were inhabited and prosperous, and the South and the Lowland were inhabited?' "
8. Then the word of the LORD came to Zechariah, saying,
9. "Thus says the LORD of hosts: 'Execute true justice, Show mercy and compassion Everyone to his brother.
10. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, The alien or the poor. Let none of you plan evil in his heart Against his brother.'
11. "But they refused to heed, shrugged their shoulders, and stopped their ears so that they could not hear.
12. "Yes, they made their hearts like flint, refusing to hear the law and the words which the LORD of hosts had sent by His Spirit through the former prophets. Thus great wrath came from the LORD of hosts.
13. "Therefore it happened, [that] just as He proclaimed and they would not hear, so they called out and I would not listen," says the LORD of hosts.
14. "But I scattered them with a whirlwind among all the nations which they had not known. Thus the land became desolate after them, so that no one passed through or returned; for they made the pleasant land desolate."

✝�STUDY

A delegation from Bethel came to Jerusalem to entreat the Lord and ask whether they should continue mourning and fasting in the fifth month when the temple was almost completed.This was because the people had established fasting to commemorate certain events in their national life when they were in captivity. This had been going on for some seventy years. But according to the response from God to them, their fasting had been devoid of any efficacy and the blessing of God because they were not obedient to His word (vs. 5-12).

Beloved, fasting without true repentance and readiness to obey God’s word amounts to exercise in futility. It is simply “hunger strike.” Fasting without praying also amounts to mere skipping of meals. God told them, as He tells us today, that fasting and prayer can onlybe effective before Him when we: (i) obey Him with all our heart, (ii) care for the needy and the vulnerable in the society (iii) do things the right way(righteous living, not cutting corners by taking undue advantage of others, as simple as jumping queues), and, (iv) stop planning evil against others (vs. 9-10,12; Is. 58; James5:16-17).

✝� PRAYER: Dear Lord, help me to live right according to Your word so that my prayer, fasting and service may be effective, in Jesus’ name.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:08am On Aug 29, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 29 AUGUST 2020

✝�TOPIC: GOD IS ABLE TO RESTORE LOST GLORY AND BLESSINGS

✝�TEXT: ZECHARIAH 8:1-17(NKJV)
1. Again the word of the LORD of hosts came, saying,
2. "Thus says the LORD of hosts: 'I am zealous for Zion with great zeal; With great fervor I am zealous for her.'
3. "Thus says the LORD: 'I will return to Zion, And dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth, The Mountain of the LORD of hosts, The Holy Mountain.'
4. "Thus says the LORD of hosts: 'Old men and old women shall again sit In the streets of Jerusalem, Each one with his staff in his hand Because of great age.
5. The streets of the city Shall be full of boys and girls Playing in its streets.'
6. "Thus says the LORD of hosts: 'If it is marvelous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, Will it also be marvelous in My eyes?' Says the LORD of hosts.
7. "Thus says the LORD of hosts: 'Behold, I will save My people from the land of the east And from the land of the west;
8. I will bring them [back,] And they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. They shall be My people And I will be their God, In truth and righteousness.'
9. " Thus says the LORD of hosts: 'Let your hands be strong, You who have been hearing in these days These words by the mouth of the prophets, Who [spoke] in the day the foundation was laid For the house of the LORD of hosts, That the temple might be built.
10. For before these days [There were] no wages for man nor any hire for beast; [There was] no peace from the enemy for whoever went out or came in; For I set all men, everyone, against his neighbor.
11. 'But now I [will] not [treat] the remnant of this people as in the former days,' says the LORD of hosts.
12. 'For the seed [shall be] prosperous, The vine shall give its fruit, The ground shall give her increase, And the heavens shall give their dew -- I will cause the remnant of this people To possess all these.
13. And it shall come to pass [That] just as you were a curse among the nations, O house of Judah and house of Israel, So I will save you, and you shall be a blessing. Do not fear, Let your hands be strong.'
14. " For thus says the LORD of hosts: 'Just as I determined to punish you When your fathers provoked Me to wrath,' Says the LORD of hosts, 'And I would not relent,
15. So again in these days I am determined to do good To Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. Do not fear.
16. These [are] the things you shall do: Speak each man the truth to his neighbor; Give judgment in your gates for truth, justice, and peace;
17. Let none of you think evil in your heart against your neighbor; And do not love a false oath. For all these [are things] that I hate,' Says the LORD."

✝�STUDY

In this passage today, God gave a message of hope to His people to restore their fortunes. Though Jerusalem had been destroyed and left desolate, God promised to restore what had been lost, physically and spiritually. God promised to restore perfect peace and prosperity to the lives of individualsas well as to life of the nation, as He instructed them on how to live to maintain the prosperity that He would bring to them (vs. 16-17).

In the same vein today, God speaks to our individual lives and nation that if we are ready to change our thought pattern, ways and attitude to comply with His word and will, He will restore lost opportunitiesand blessings and also beautify our life. He is even ready to perform these as soon as we obey His word by being truthful and righteous in our dealings. We must do away with evil and wicked thoughts and actions against our neighbours;we should not deceive people in God’s name (swearing falsely).

✝� PRAYER: God, please let there be a restoration of my lost glory and blessing in Jesus’ name.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:48am On Aug 31, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 31 AUGUST 2020

✝�TOPIC: GOD PROTECTS HIS CHILDREN JEALOUSLY BUT FIGHTS HIS ENEMIES BRUTALLY

✝�TEXT: ZECHARIAH 9:1-10(NKJV)
1. The burden of the word of the LORD Against the land of Hadrach, And Damascus its resting place (For the eyes of men And all the tribes of Israel Are on the LORD);
2. Also [against] Hamath, [which] borders on it, And [against] Tyre and Sidon, though they are very wise.
3. For Tyre built herself a tower, Heaped up silver like the dust, And gold like the mire of the streets.
4. Behold, the LORD will cast her out; He will destroy her power in the sea, And she will be devoured by fire.
5. Ashkelon shall see [it] and fear; Gaza also shall be very sorrowful; And Ekron, for He dried up her expectation. The king shall perish from Gaza, And Ashkelon shall not be inhabited.
6. "A mixed race shall settle in Ashdod, And I will cut off the pride of the Philistines.
7. I will take away the blood from his mouth, And the abominations from between his teeth. But he who remains, even he [shall be] for our God, And shall be like a leader in Judah, And Ekron like a Jebusite.
8. I will camp around My house Because of the army, Because of him who passes by and him who returns. No more shall an oppressor pass through them, For now I have seen with My eyes.
9. " Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your King is coming to you; He [is] just and having salvation, Lowly and riding on a donkey, A colt, the foal of a donkey.
10. I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim And the horse from Jerusalem; The battle bow shall be cut off. He shall speak peace to the nations; His dominion [shall be] 'from sea to sea, And from the River to the ends of the earth.'

✝�STUDY

Our passage today opens with God’s message of deliverance and hope to His people. He was ready to defend His people by attacking and destroying their enemy nations. These nations were pagan and idolatrous in Israelite times. They, of course, represented the force of paganism and idolatry, had surrounded the people of God and were set to destroy them. The Lord therefore was ready to destroy them totally, even the strongest of them. God, out of magnanimity, promised to adopt some of those who survived His wrath. They would be taught the will of God and become very useful to him and even serve among His people, Israel.

God assures us through His word this moment that He is ever ready to protect His own jealously and destroy any force that daresto harm His children. He promises to encamp round His people against the enemy and also welcome whoever repents and turns from being His enemy. He gives assurances to make the repentant His children and even use them to a great extent. Therefore, remember that formerly you … are Gentiles by birth and called uncircumcision … But now … have been brought near through the blood of Christ (Eph. 2:11-13). If you are His child, then claim His protection upon your life. But if you are not yet a child of God, you are God’s enemy. You need to repent of your sins and turn to God through Jesus Christ. He will save your soul, abundantly pardon and make you His useful child.

✝� PRAYER: Dear God, I surrender my life anew to you today, cleanse me and continue to grant me your divine protection and victory in Jesus’ name.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:34am On Sep 01, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 1 SEPTEMBER 2020

✝�TOPIC: LIBERTY TO THE CAPTIVES

✝�TEXT: Zechariah 9:11-17(NKJV)

11. " As for you also, Because of the blood of your covenant, I will set your prisoners free from the waterless pit.
12. Return to the stronghold, You prisoners of hope. Even today I declare [That] I will restore double to you.
13. For I have bent Judah, My [bow,] Fitted the bow with Ephraim, And raised up your sons, O Zion, Against your sons, O Greece, And made you like the sword of a mighty man."
14. Then the LORD will be seen over them, And His arrow will go forth like lightning. The Lord GOD will blow the trumpet, And go with whirlwinds from the south.
15. The LORD of hosts will defend them; They shall devour and subdue with slingstones. They shall drink [and] roar as if with wine; They shall be filled [with blood] like basins, Like the corners of the altar.
16. The LORD their God will save them in that day, As the flock of His people. For they [shall be like] the jewels of a crown, Lifted like a banner over His land --
17. For how great is its goodness And how great its beauty! Grain shall make the young men thrive, And new wine the young women.

✝�STUDY

Every covenant-child of God has the grace to enjoy total freedom. In today’s passage, God did promise deliverance to the two kingdoms of Israel (Judah and Ephraim, v.13) from whatever situation that held them captive. They were likened to prisoners in a waterless pit (v.11) where all hope of coming out was seemingly impossible. In their seemingly hopeless situation, God promised double restoration for them (See also Isaiah 61:1-3).
Beloved, Robert Schuller once wrote, ‘Tough times never last but tough people do!’ Oppression or problem does not weigh a covenant-child down; it rather strengthens him or her. While we are going through difficult times, God is only bending us like a bow (v.13), and the more bent we are, the farther we will go. This is so because when a bow is bent, it is gathering momentum. Life’s challenges teach us better. Be encouraged today to cheer up as your liberty is imminent. The blood of the covenant perfected in Christ Jesus still delivers from every covenant that is against our peace (Col. 2:14).Do you believe this?

✝� PRAYER: Almighty God, let the blood of your dear Son, Jesus Christ, liberate me from every oppression. Amen

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:52am On Sep 02, 2020
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR 2 SEPTEMBER 2020

✝�TOPIC: YOU ARE NEVER FORGOTTEN

✝�TEXT: ZECHARIAH 10:1-12(NKJV)

1. Ask the LORD for rain In the time of the latter rain. The LORD will make flashing clouds; He will give them showers of rain, Grass in the field for everyone.
2. For the idols speak delusion; The diviners envision lies, And tell false dreams; They comfort in vain. Therefore [the people] wend their way like sheep; They are in trouble because [there is] no shepherd.
3. " My anger is kindled against the shepherds, And I will punish the goatherds. For the LORD of hosts will visit His flock, The house of Judah, And will make them as His royal horse in the battle.
4. From him comes the cornerstone, From him the tent peg, From him the battle bow, From him every ruler together.
5. They shall be like mighty men, Who tread down [their enemies] In the mire of the streets in the battle. They shall fight because the LORD is with them, And the riders on horses shall be put to shame.
6. "I will strengthen the house of Judah, And I will save the house of Joseph. I will bring them back, Because I have mercy on them. They shall be as though I had not cast them aside; For I [am] the LORD their God, And I will hear them.
7. [Those of] Ephraim shall be like a mighty man, And their heart shall rejoice as if with wine. Yes, their children shall see [it] and be glad; Their heart shall rejoice in the LORD.
8. I will whistle for them and gather them, For I will redeem them; And they shall increase as they once increased.
9. "I will sow them among the peoples, And they shall remember Me in far countries; They shall live, together with their children, And they shall return.
10. I will also bring them back from the land of Egypt, And gather them from Assyria. I will bring them into the land of Gilead and Lebanon, Until no [more room] is found for them.
11. He shall pass through the sea with affliction, And strike the waves of the sea: All the depths of the River shall dry up. Then the pride of Assyria shall be brought down, And the scepter of Egypt shall depart.
12. "So I will strengthen them in the LORD, And they shall walk up and down in His name," Says the LORD.

✝�STUDY

Today’s text reveals diverse ways of restorationand time of refreshment (v.1), divine visitation (v.3), divine empowerment, divine increase and establishment (vs. 7-10). What a wonderful God! Even when God is angry with us because of our misdeeds, His anger is but for a moment; His favour is for life (Ps. 30:5a). He loves us passionately and unconditionally. He does not have the mind of permanently refraining Himself from us. “Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, yet I will not forget you”(Isa. 49:15). God drove Adam and Eve out of the garden of Eden, but in great love, He is bringing generations of men back to a more glorious garden of delight through His only son Jesus Christ (John 14:1-3).
Dear reader, acknowledge this saving grace today, come back to God because He already has a plan that is beyond human reasoning for you. The story of the prodigal son in Luke 15:11-32 teaches us how loving a father can be. While many, including the prodigal son, thought that all roads to a great re-union with the father had closed, they were disappointed with the type of encomiumand celebration the father threw at him. Why will you die in regret and despair? God’s love is compelling you today. Do not write yourself off when He has not forgotten you.

✝� PRAYER: Father of love, I thank you for having me in mind, please, restore me to joy unending
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 1:10pm On Sep 03, 2020
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE OF SEPTEMBER 3, 2020

✝�TOPIC: THE SHEPHERD AND THE SHEEP

✝�TEXT: Zechariah 11:1-17(NKJV)

1. Open your doors, O Lebanon, That fire may devour your cedars.
2. Wail, O cypress, for the cedar has fallen, Because the mighty [trees] are ruined. Wail, O oaks of Bashan, For the thick forest has come down.
3. [There is] the sound of wailing shepherds! For their glory is in ruins. [There is] the sound of roaring lions! For the pride of the Jordan is in ruins.
4. Thus says the LORD my God, "Feed the flock for slaughter,
5. "whose owners slaughter them and feel no guilt; those who sell them say, 'Blessed be the LORD, for I am rich'; and their shepherds do not pity them.
6. "For I will no longer pity the inhabitants of the land," says the LORD. "But indeed I will give everyone into his neighbor's hand and into the hand of his king. They shall attack the land, and I will not deliver [them] from their hand."
7. So I fed the flock for slaughter, in particular the poor of the flock. I took for myself two staffs: the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Bonds; and I fed the flock.
8. I dismissed the three shepherds in one month. My soul loathed them, and their soul also abhorred me.
9. Then I said, "I will not feed you. Let what is dying die, and what is perishing perish. Let those that are left eat each other's flesh."
10. And I took my staff, Beauty, and cut it in two, that I might break the covenant which I had made with all the peoples.
11. So it was broken on that day. Thus the poor of the flock, who were watching me, knew that it [was] the word of the LORD.
12. Then I said to them, "If it is agreeable to you, give [me] my wages; and if not, refrain." So they weighed out for my wages thirty [pieces] of silver.
13. And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter" -- that princely price they set on me. So I took the thirty [pieces] of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD for the potter.
14. Then I cut in two my other staff, Bonds, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.
15. And the LORD said to me, "Next, take for yourself the implements of a foolish shepherd.
16. "For indeed I will raise up a shepherd in the land [who] will not care for those who are cut off, nor seek the young, nor heal those that are broken, nor feed those that still stand. But he will eat the flesh of the fat and tear their hooves in pieces.
17. "Woe to the worthless shepherd, Who leaves the flock! A sword [shall be] against his arm And against his right eye; His arm shall completely wither, And his right eye shall be totally blinded."

✝�STUDY

From today’s text, God told Zechariah to act out the roles of two different kinds of shepherds; the first demonstrated how God would reject his sheep because they rejected Him (vs. 4-14). The second revealed how God would give His sheep over to an evil shepherd (vs. 15-17). The two shepherd staffs - ‘Beauty’ (Grace) and ‘Bond’ (Union) that Zechariah broke signified that God’s gracious covenant with His people was broken, and that brotherhood between Judah and Israel was also broken. The third aspect showed that the time would come when the true shepherd would be rejected by the sheep who would rather accept a worthless shepherd.

Shepherds are not messengers of themselves but emissaries of God. God authorised them to pour forth the word; they are the proclaimers, publishers and speakers of God and His secrets. Hence, “thus says the Lord” is their defining introduction (Jer. 2:2; Ezekiel 2:4, Amos 1:3).

They are charged with a burden, a word from the Lord that they had no choice but to deliver. While true shepherds are called, instructed and sent by God (Ezekiel 33: 1, Ezekiel 7:7, Ezekiel 7:22; Isaiah 44:28), whoever does not receive his charge at the Lord’s mouth is a spy or hireling. True shepherds do not have any message of their own. Thus, the message of God in their mouth is not tampered with, added to, or subtracted from. Therefore, sheep are duty bound to submit to and obey them (shepherds) as they have been instructed from the Lord.

✝�PRAYER:
Dear Lord, make your shepherds true emissaries of your message and help the flock under them to yield themselves to divine injunctions. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:51am On Sep 04, 2020
✝� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE OF SEPTEMBER 4 2020

✝�TOPIC: WOUNDED FOR YOUR SAKE

✝�TEXT: ZECHARIAH 12:1-14(NKJV)
1. The burden of the word of the LORD against Israel. Thus says the LORD, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him:
2. "Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of drunkenness to all the surrounding peoples, when they lay siege against Judah and Jerusalem.
3. "And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it.
4. "In that day," says the LORD, "I will strike every horse with confusion, and its rider with madness; I will open My eyes on the house of Judah, and will strike every horse of the peoples with blindness.
5. "And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, 'The inhabitants of Jerusalem [are] my strength in the LORD of hosts, their God.'
6. "In that day I will make the governors of Judah like a firepan in the woodpile, and like a fiery torch in the sheaves; they shall devour all the surrounding peoples on the right hand and on the left, but Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place -- Jerusalem.
7. " The LORD will save the tents of Judah first, so that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem shall not become greater than that of Judah.
8. "In that day the LORD will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David [shall be] like God, like the Angel of the LORD before them.
9. "It shall be in that day [that] I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
10. " And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for [his] only [son,] and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.
11. "In that day there shall be a great mourning in Jerusalem, like the mourning at Hadad Rimmon in the plain of Megiddo.
12. "And the land shall mourn, every family by itself: the family of the house of David by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of the house of Nathan by itself, and their wives by themselves;
13. "the family of the house of Levi by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of Shimei by itself, and their wives by themselves;
14. "all the families that remain, every family by itself, and their wives by themselves.

✝�STUDY

As we have seen, the book of Zechariah centres on the coming Messiah. The suffering He would go through to the point of being pierced was foretold over 500 years before its reality (vs. 10-13; Isaiah 53:3-5; John 19:32-34). This agony He went through was the reason why people would mourn for Him.

Brethren, it is no more a story that the Messiah would come, suffer, and die. It is a settled case. The deed has been done. The long awaited prophecy came to pass over 2000 years ago. Our response to the one pierced therefore is not to mourn for Him again because the beauty of mourning is at the instance of the event. Mary, the mother of Jesus together with her friends, mourned the crucified Christ and immediately resorted to serving Him better. Very early on the third day, they were at the grave for cleansing. Why then should you cry more than the bereaved? What should be paramount in your heart is what to do to reciprocate His love for you. You must acknowledge His saving grace; confess your sins to Him, repent from and forsake all of them and then tell the story of this salvation to others.

✝�PRAYER: Thank you Jesus for the great love you bestowed on me by your suffering.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:07am On Sep 07, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE OF SEPTEMBER 7, 2020

✝�TOPIC: YOU SHALL EAT THE LABOUR OF YOUR HANDS

✝�TEXT: PSALM 128(NKJV)
1. A Song of Ascents. Blessed [is] every one who fears the LORD, Who walks in His ways.
2. When you eat the labor of your hands, You [shall be] happy, and [it shall be] well with you.
3. Your wife [shall be] like a fruitful vine In the very heart of your house, Your children like olive plants All around your table.
4. Behold, thus shall the man be blessed Who fears the LORD.
5. The LORD bless you out of Zion, And may you see the good of Jerusalem All the days of your life.
6. Yes, may you see your children's children. Peace [be] upon Israel!

✝�STUDY

After accepting the sacrifice of Noah after the flood, God initiated a covenant with the universe that he would no longer destroy the earth with flood and that time of sowing and reaping would not cease. It is therefore an anomaly for anyone to sow and not reapor to labour and not to eat of it. The second verse of today’s reading reiterates God’s commitment to seeing that every man eats the fruit of his labour. Now, for one to eat the fruit of his labour would imply the following: First, that one is profitably engaged – doing something in good works and in daily labour. Secondly, that the blessing of the Lord rests upon the works one does. Third, one would eat of the fruits of his labour.

God has not willed any man to labour in vain. He has not even called the house of Israel to serve Him for nothing. The scripture puts it clearly that ‘Nothing is better for a man than that he should eat and drink, and that his soul should enjoy good in his labour’ (Eccl. 2:24). But God has reserved this only for those who fear Him. Do you fear God? Then be sure that you will not labour in vain. Hence, do not be weary in well-doing,because in due course, you will be rewarded.

✝� PRAYER: Dear Lord, put your fear in me, bless the work of my hands and enable me to eat of the fruit of my labour

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why People Are Atheists? / The Occult Or Occultism! / Should Christian Women Wear Makeup Or Jewelry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 266
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.