Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (11688 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:03am On Mar 02, 2020
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2020-03-02

TOPIC: THE POWER OF UNITY

TEXT: JUDGES 1:1-10(NKJV)
1. Now after the death of Joshua it came to
pass that the children of Israel asked the LORD,
saying, "Who shall be first to go up for us
against the Canaanites to fight against them?"
2. And the LORD said, "Judah shall go up. Indeed
I have delivered the land into his hand."
3. So Judah said to Simeon his brother, "Come
up with me to my allotted territory, that we may
fight against the Canaanites; and I will likewise
go with you to your allotted territory." And
Simeon went with him.
4. Then Judah went up, and the LORD delivered
the Canaanites and the Perizzites into their
hand; and they killed ten thousand men at
Bezek.
5. And they found Adoni-Bezek in Bezek, and
fought against him; and they defeated the
Canaanites and the Perizzites.
6. Then Adoni-Bezek fled, and they pursued him
and caught him and cut off his thumbs and big
toes.
7. And Adoni-Bezek said, "Seventy kings with
their thumbs and big toes cut off used to gather
[scraps] under my table; as I have done, so God
has repaid me." Then they brought him to
Jerusalem, and there he died.
8. Now the children of Judah fought against
Jerusalem and took it; they struck it with the
edge of the sword and set the city on fire.
9. And afterward the children of Judah went
down to fight against the Canaanites who dwelt
in the mountains, in the South, and in the
lowland.
10. Then Judah went against the Canaanites
who dwelt in Hebron. (Now the name of Hebron
[was] formerly Kirjath Arba.) And they killed
Sheshai, Ahiman, and Talmai.

STUDY
The tribe of Judah invited their brethren - the
tribe of Simeon - to join them to wage war
against some of the Canaanite nations around
their inheritance. Together, they made swift raids
that gave them resounding victories. Mighty
kings like Adoni-Bezek were subdued and made
to pay for their past sins(v.7). Judah knew that
they could achieve little fighting alone. “How
could one chase a thousand and two put ten
thousand to flight, unless their Rock had sold
them, and the Lord had surrendered
them?” (Deut. 32:30). Nehemiah received the
vision of rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem. He did
the survey and the preliminary work alone but he
had to involve people for the actual execution.
That got the project completed in 52 days(Neh.
6:15).
Many of us do not achieve much, either for God
or for ourselves, because we love to do it alone.
Out of selfishness and out of the desire to take
the glory alone, many of us struggle with our
vision. The vision may have come to you alone
but you may need to share it to achieve more.
Working alone delays projects. The Tower of
Babel progressed fast because of unity that even
God observed(Gen. 11:6). Do you wish to do
great things for God this year and beyond, look
for credible partners?

PRAYER: Oh Lord, may you help me to
identify credible partners to work with as to
achieve greater things for you

Credits: Daily Fountain Devotional
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:18pm On Mar 16, 2020
Am so so sorry to have stop posting devotional on this platform..

Reason is that I lost my phone on the 3rd of this month, thank God I have got a new phone now.

The devil is a liar..

No power can stop the work of God.

Am back fully,thanks be to God.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:56am On Mar 17, 2020
Date: 2020-03-17

TOPIC: DON’T REMAIN MUTE, CRY UNTO GOD!

TEXT: JUDGES 6:1-10(NKJV)
1. Then the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD. So the LORD delivered them into the hand of Midian for seven years,
2. and the hand of Midian prevailed against Israel. Because of the Midianites, the children of Israel made for themselves the dens, the caves, and the strongholds which [are] in the mountains.
3. So it was, whenever Israel had sown, Midianites would come up; also Amalekites and the people of the East would come up against them.
4. Then they would encamp against them and destroy the produce of the earth as far as Gaza, and leave no sustenance for Israel, neither sheep nor ox nor donkey.
5. For they would come up with their livestock and their tents, coming in as numerous as locusts; both they and their camels were without number; and they would enter the land to destroy it.
6. So Israel was greatly impoverished because of the Midianites, and the children of Israel cried out to the LORD.
7. And it came to pass, when the children of Israel cried out to the LORD because of the Midianites,
8. that the LORD sent a prophet to the children of Israel, who said to them, "Thus says the LORD God of Israel: 'I brought you up from Egypt and brought you out of the house of bondage;
9. 'and I delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians and out of the hand of all who oppressed you, and drove them out before you and gave you their land.
10. 'Also I said to you, "I [am] the LORD your God; do not fear the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell." But you have not obeyed My voice.' "

STUDY
In this passage, the children of Israel sinned against Godand He delivered them into the hands of their enemies to torment them. They plundered them by taking away their crops while destroying those not taken. They thus impoverished them. This was an advanced terrorism. Fear was everywhere. This same scenario obtains in most countries of the world today, including Nigeria. The people of Israel cried unto God because of the Midianites and God,through a prophet,gave them the reason for their bondage – disobedience.
Evil in the land can provoke God’s anger on such land(Read Judges 2:11). When we are not in good relationship with God, we know. God may reveal such to us through His Word, through the ministration of the Holy Spirit and/or through His servants. When we are not in good terms with the Lord, we may forfeit our benefits as His children. Our privileges may also be tampered with. No matter your state now, God is expecting you to cry out unto Him for help. Don’t keep quiet, cry out. Confess your sins, no matter what they are and repent of them(1 John 1:8-10). God is ever ready to come to your rescue. Just call on Him today.

PRAYER: I cry out for help O Lord.I know Youare able to save all those who trust in You
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:52am On Mar 19, 2020
Date: 2020-03-19
(St. Joseph of Nazareth)

TOPIC: THE MAN JOSEPH

TEXT: MATTHEW 1:18-25(NKJV)
18. Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.
19. Then Joseph her husband, being a just [man,] and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly.
20. But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
21. "And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins."
22. So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying:
23. "Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us."
24. Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife,
25. and did not know her till she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name JESUS.

STUDY
Joseph was engaged to Maryand that engagement was carried out in purity and holiness. Though they were planning for marriage, they were not living or sleeping together. You can imagine the embarrassment of Joseph seeing Mary already pregnant when he never slept with her. Joseph was described as a just man(v.19);he thought of ways to put Mary away discreetly without causing shame to her. Mary was also a virgin up to that moment(v.23). In the midst of the embarrassment, Joseph was still thoughtful. He is really a good example to men.
The trend today is that even before there is a mention of marriage proposal or after it, the two partners will start living or sleeping together almost immediately. Even where the marriage matures, the bride comes to the altar with pregnancy and still coversher face with a veil (sign of ‘purity’). Some of these partnershipsmay collapse on the way and bring shame, especially to the lady. Thank God that He intervened and saved Joseph the embarrassment. Again, Joseph showed his maturity by not sleeping with Mary even while she was carrying the pregnancy(v.25). We thank God the controversy did not overshadow the birth of the Saviour of the world- God manifested His power that a virgin could get pregnant without sexual relationship with a man.

PRAYER: Lord may You help me to emulate the maturity of Joseph in handling thorny marital issues and family issues.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:01am On Mar 20, 2020
Date: 2020-03-20
TOPIC: THROWING DOWN EVIL ALTARS

TEXT: JUDGES 6:25-32(NKJV)
25. Now it came to pass the same night that the LORD said to him, "Take your father's young bull, the second bull of seven years old, and tear down the altar of Baal that your father has, and cut down the wooden image that [is] beside it;
26. "and build an altar to the LORD your God on top of this rock in the proper arrangement, and take the second bull and offer a burnt sacrifice with the wood of the image which you shall cut down."
27. So Gideon took ten men from among his servants and did as the LORD had said to him. But because he feared his father's household and the men of the city too much to do [it] by day, he did [it] by night.
28. And when the men of the city arose early in the morning, there was the altar of Baal, torn down; and the wooden image that [was] beside it was cut down, and the second bull was being offered on the altar [which had been] built.
29. So they said to one another, "Who has done this thing?" And when they had inquired and asked, they said, "Gideon the son of Joash has done this thing."
30. Then the men of the city said to Joash, "Bring out your son, that he may die, because he has torn down the altar of Baal, and because he has cut down the wooden image that [was] beside it."
31. But Joash said to all who stood against him, "Would you plead for Baal? Would you save him? Let the one who would plead for him be put to death by morning! If he [is] a god, let him plead for himself, because his altar has been torn down!"
32. Therefore on that day he called him Jerubbaal, saying, "Let Baal plead against him, because he has torn down his altar."

STUDY
Gideon came from an idolatrous family until he decided to be different. God instructed him to throw down the altar of Baal being worshipped by his father’s house and the entire community; Gideon destroyed them and built an altar for God Almighty. When the community reacted and asked for Gideon to be punished, his father answered wisely by declaring that “If he (Baal) is a god, let him plead for himself, because his altar has been torn down!” (v.31)
For you to serve God fully you must do away with those strange gods around youand these may include those ones that can be put into the pocket, amulets, talisman and some religious objects turned into gods. What is your altar like? Wasit set up by your ancestors or your father? Why not correct the wrong and follow the true God. Your father’s wrong decisions and principles could be detrimental to you and your family. What important lessons can you learn from verses 25-26, 30-31? Most times shrines, evil altars and groves have no power to fight for themselves but fight through those who institute them.

PRAYER: Lord, give me the courage to say no to evil altars of my fathers and to discontinue with their fetish practices.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:02am On Mar 23, 2020
Date: 2020-03-23
TOPIC: WORTHY FAMILY HERITAGE

TEXT: 2 TIMOTHY 1:1-7(NKJV)
1. Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,
2. To Timothy, a beloved son: Grace, mercy, [and] peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
3. I thank God, whom I serve with a pure conscience, as [my] forefathers [did,] as without ceasing I remember you in my prayers night and day,
4. greatly desiring to see you, being mindful of your tears, that I may be filled with joy,
5. when I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also.
6. Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
7. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

STUDY
Paul was a mentor to Timothy and a host of others whom he brought up in the Lord. The way he addressed Timothy as a beloved son, (v.2), true son(1 Tim. 1:2), my son(2 Tim. 2:1), showed a very deep affection that existed between a father and a son, though Paul was not his biological father. Paul was very proud of Timothy as his spiritual son. He poured his entire being into Timothy in order to replicate himselfand Timothy never disappointed Paul’s confidence. Paul commended the genuine faith deposited into Timothy and which was transmitted from his mother through the grandmother. This is a challenge to present day families.
Psalm 78:1-6 talks about fathers teaching their children the commandments of the Lord which they will also teach their own children. This is the greatest heritage a father or mother can transfer to their children. Wealth is good but can be squandered after a parent dies but sound training of children with the word of God outlives everything. Proverbs 22:6 enjoins parents to train up their children the way they should go so that when they grow they will not depart from it. This was seen in the life of Timothy. What legacy are you leaving for your children?

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, may I set a good example for my children to emulate
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:40am On Mar 24, 2020
Date: 2020-03-24
TOPIC: SUFFERING FOR PROCLAIMING THE GOSPEL

TEXT: 2 TIMOTHY 1:8-18(NKJV)
8. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God,
9. who has saved us and called [us] with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,
10. but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, [who] has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,
11. to which I was appointed a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
12. For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.
13. Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.
14. That good thing which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us.
15. This you know, that all those in Asia have turned away from me, among whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.
16. The Lord grant mercy to the household of Onesiphorus, for he often refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain;
17. but when he arrived in Rome, he sought me out very zealously and found [me.]
18. The Lord grant to him that he may find mercy from the Lord in that Day -- and you know very well how many ways he ministered [to me] at Ephesus.

STUDY
Paul was encouraging Timothy his son not to be ashamed of witnessing for Christ nor of him, Paul, ‘a prisoner for Christ’s sake.’ He urged him to be ready to suffer for the same Gospel(v.cool. Paul informed Timothy that he (Paul) was appointed as an Apostle and Teacher to proclaim the Good News and was suffering for this reason. He said he was not afraid because he was sure the Lord would guard what He had entrusted to him till the end. He urged Timothy to hold firmly to the ‘sound words’ and keep to the good things entrusted to him through the power of the Holy Spirit(vs. 12-14).
Witnessing for Christ is not an easy task. We witness both with our mouth and lifeand this is the main task Christ requires from us. Many that hear the Gospel do not believe it;some hate those that preach the word of God to them. This has brought suffering and even death to many proclaimers of the Word. Like Paul urged Timothy, preachers must be ready to suffer for the Gospel. Jesus urged us not to worry about what to say when we are dragged before people who antagonise us for preaching the Gospel. If such a case arises, let us hold fast and not slack our zeal. Jesus will never abandon those who proclaim His name to the world, no matter whathappens (Matt. 28:20).

PRAYER: Lord Jesus,please strengthen Your children proclaiming Your word throughout the world, especially missionaries

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:46am On Mar 25, 2020
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-03-25 TOPIC: THE ANNUNCIATION OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST

✝�TEXT: MATTHEW 1:18-25 (NKJV) 18. Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. 19. Then Joseph her husband, being a just [man,] and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly. 20. But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. 21. "And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins." 22. So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: 23. "Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us." 24. Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife, 25. and did not know her till she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name JESUS.

✝�STUDY According to the Dictionary, Annunciation is the announcement by the Archangel Gabriel to Mary that she would give birth to a Son named Jesus. In Christianity, the Annunciation is celebrated on 25th March yearly. Before the engaged Mary got married, she was found to be with child of the Holy Ghost and Joseph wanted to end the relationship secretly. The Angel of God was sent to announce to him that the child in Mary’s womb was of the Holy Ghost and told him to name the child Jesus -for He would save His people from their sins. The birth of our Lord Jesus had been prophesied by Isaiah the prophet in the Old Testament and today’s passage is the fulfillment, “therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign; Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son and shall call his name Immanuel” which is translated “God with us” (Isa. 7:14). About 700 years after thisprophecy, the Messiah, Jesus Christ, was born into the house of David in fulfilment of the prophecy. Did you know that every Jewish girl from the time that prophecy about the Messiah was given prayed and wished that she would be the favouredone?So the Annunciation of our Lord Jesus Christ to Mary was not entirely a surprise, but the manner of the birth was (Luke 1:34). Unfortunately, some people venerate the Blessed Virgin Mary and forget the Lord Our Saviour, Jesus Christ. Mary was just an instrument to fulfil God’s desire to save mankind. Let us instead celebrate the Lord Jesus Christ, the Messiah of the world.

✝� PRAYER: Thank you Father for loving us so much that you sent Your Son Jesus to save us from our sins. ✝ PRAY FOR THE NEW PRIMATE TO BE PRESENTED TODAY....
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:19am On Mar 26, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL Date: 2020-03-26 ✝�TOPIC: A DISCIPLE

✝�TEXT: ACTS 16:1-5(NKJV) 1. Then he came to Derbe and Lystra. And behold, a certain disciple was there, named Timothy, [the] son of a certain Jewish woman who believed, but his father [was] Greek. 2. He was well spoken of by the brethren who were at Lystra and Iconium. 3. Paul wanted to have him go on with him. And he took [him] and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in that region, for they all knew that his father was Greek. 4. And as they went through the cities, they delivered to them the decrees to keep, which were determined by the apostles and elders at Jerusalem. 5. So the churches were strengthened in the faith, and increased in number daily.

✝�STUDY Timothy was a well-known disciple who was brought up in the Christian faith by his mother, Eunice and grandmother, Lois, both Jewish believers (2 Tim. 1:5).However, his father was Greek. He was well reported of by the brethren at Lystra and Iconium. Paul took him on his journey and both of them went around establishing the Churches in the faith and sharing with them the letter, from the Apostles as their number increased. Who is a disciple? The term ‘disciple’ originally meant a pupil (of a teacher) or an apprentice (to a master craftsman). Originally, a disciple was someone who literally knew Jesus in the flesh and followed him. However, after Jesus was taken up into heaven, anyone who was committed to Jesus was called a disciple. A disciple of Jesus is someone who believes in Jesus, seeks to follow Him daily by studying God’s word (the Bible), listening to others teach from it and putting it into action by seeking to live the way Christ wants us to live. Many people believe they have become disciples of Jesus when He has forgiven their sins.But this is just the starting point in following Jesus. A disciple of Jesus enters a life-long learning process to live the same life as Jesus lived. The life of Jesus is a perfect expression of God’s will. “A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher” (Luke 6:40).Are you a disciple of Jesus?

✝� PRAYER: Dear Father, make me a faithful disciple.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:11am On Mar 27, 2020
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2020-03-27
✝�TOPIC: STRENTHENING THE SAINTS

✝�TEXT: COLOSSIANS 1:1-12 (NKJV) 1. Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, 2. To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ [who are] in Colosse: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 3. We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, 4. since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of your love for all the saints; 5. because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel, 6. which has come to you, as [it has] also in all the world, and is bringing forth fruit, as [it is] also among you since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth; 7. as you also learned from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on your behalf, 8. who also declared to us your love in the Spirit. 9. For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10. that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing [Him,] being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11. strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; 12. giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.

✝�STUDY The Book of Colossians is an epistle of Apostle Paul and Timothy to the saints and faithful brethren at Colosse. According to the Dictionary, a Saint is one who is sanctified or made holy; a person who is consecrated and separated unto God’s service, free from blemish. Paul used the same word in Ephesians 1:1 and Philippians 1:1. He called the Christians, Saints. If in the Congregation there were some who were not saints, the letter would spur such to aspire to become one. Some qualities of the saints were mentionedsada) Their faith in Christ Jesus; (b) Their love for other saints; (c) Their hope in Christ; (d) Their fruit in Christ. The Apostle Paul on hearing about them responded by: (i) Giving thanks to God on their behalf (ii) Writing letter of encouragement (iii) Praying for them unceasingly that they might be filled with the knowledge of God’s will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding (iv) That they might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing (v) That they might be fruitful in every good work (vi) And increasing in the knowledge of God (vii) That they might be strengthened with all might according to his glorious power unto all patience and long-suffering with joyfulness (viii) Giving thanks unto the Father who has made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints on high.

✝� PRAYER: Make me a saint dear Lord and make me holy and perfect.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:42am On Mar 28, 2020
Date: 2020-03-28
✝�TOPIC: THE SUPREMACY OF CHRIST

✝�TEXT: COLOSSIANS 1:13-20 (NKJV) 13. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed [us] into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14. in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. 15. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 18. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence. 19. For it pleased [the Father that] in Him all the fullness should dwell, 20. and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

✝�STUDY Paul, continuing his prayers for the Colossian Church, praises the Lordship of Christ over creation and redemption and analyses the works of Christ, explaining that Jesus Christ is the image of the invisible God (v.15a). “He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature” (Heb. 1:3a,ESV). The phrase ‘first born over all creation’does not mean Christ was created, ratherHe existed eternally with the Father and the Holy Ghost and created all things for Himself, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers(v.16). Many Colossians greatly feared evil spirits and called on angels for help and protection (Col. 2:18).As a result of this, Paul reminded them of Christ’s supremacy in dealing with demonic powers (Col. 2:15). Just as God delivered the Israelites from slavery in Egypt (Exo. 14:30), He has now delivered us from Satan and the powers of evil (Acts 26:18) and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, having redeemed us through His blood and forgiven our sins. Christ continually sustains His creation, preventing it from disintegrating. (v.17) Hebrews 1:3 (ESV) says “…and he upholds the universe by the word of his power.” He is the head of the body, the Church, who is the beginning, the first born from the dead that in all things He may have the pre-eminence. Jesus not only bears God’s glory, but all that God is also dwells in Him. Jesus is God. The basis of Christ’s reign of peace is the blood of His Cross.

✝� PRAYER: Help me Oh God to fully understand what You have done for me on the Cross and appropriate it in my life. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:21am On Mar 29, 2020
Date: 2020-03-29 (Lent 5)
✝�TOPIC: REDEMPTION THROUGH THE BLOOD OF CHRIST

✝�TEXT: Hebrews 9:11-14 (NKJV) 11. But Christ came [as] High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation. 12. Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. 13. For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, 14. how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
✝�STUDY Christ came as a High Priest appointed by the direct call of God and ministered within the true sanctuary, the eternal house of God not made with hands. He entered the most holy place with his own blood once and for all, thereby securing an eternal redemption for us. Christ’s sacrifice of His sinless self is the one perfect sacrifice that does not need to be repeated, (Heb. 7:27-28) which brought eternal redemption from sin for us (Tit. 2:14). If the sprinkling of defiled persons with the blood of goats and ashes of heifer, sanctified the flesh in the Old Testament, how much more shall the blood of Christ who through the eternal spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse our conscience from dead works (deeds that cannot save due to human sinfulness) to serve the living God (vs. 13-14). Jesus was both the High Priest and the sacrifice itself (Heb. 9:25-26). The Old Testament sacrifice had to be without blemish, Jesus is holy, innocent and unstained (Heb. 7:26). Christ’s sacrifice cleanses the innermost being which the Mosaic sacrifice could not do. The New Covenant high priesthood of Jesus provides a single superior sacrifice in a superior heavenly tabernacle. It brings complete forgiveness of sins, eternal salvation and direct access to God. Christ saves His people from sin and death and saves them for fellowship with God. Song:Oh the blood of Jesus (3ce) It washes white as snow There’s cleansing in the blood of Jesus There’s healing in the blood of Jesus There’s power in the blood of Jesus It washes white as snow

✝� PRAYER: Dear Lord, thank you for your sacrifice of Yourself on the cross, cleanse me from sin and give me the power to make me white as snow.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:33am On Mar 30, 2020
Date: 2020-03-30
✝�TOPIC: RECONCILIATION TO GOD

✝�TEXT: Colossians 1:21-24 (NKJV) 21. And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22. in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight -- 23. if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister. 24. I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church,

STUDY: Reconciliation is the process by which God and people are brought together again. The purpose of Christ death on the cross was to reconcile those who were once alienated and enemies in their mind by wicked works (v.21), presenting them holy and blameless and above reproach in His sight (v.22). This can only take place if they continue in faith, grounded and steadfast, not moved away from the hope of the gospel that they heard which was preached to every creature under heaven (v.23). God has given us the ministry of reconciliation. (2Cor. 5:18-19). Through the sacrifice of Christ, people’s sins are atoned for and God’s wrath is appeased, thus changing the relationship of hostility and alienation into that of peace and fellowship. Paul presents a strong contrast between the Colossian’s pre-Christian status- alienated, hostile, doing evil deeds; and their situation now as Christians- holy and blameless. This is the same language the Old Testament uses to describe the unblemished animals that priests brought for a sacrifice. Paul believed that not only the Colossian believers will continue in the faith but all those who have heard the gospel both Jews and Gentiles. What is lacking in the afflictions of Christ does not mean there is any deficiency in Christ’s atoning death and suffering on the cross (Heb. 9:12, 24-26) but the future suffering that Paul and other Christians will experience for the sake of the gospel (Phil. 2:30).

✝� PRAYER: Dear Lord, make me an instrument of reconciling people to you.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:17am On Mar 31, 2020
Date: 2020-03-31
✝�TOPIC: PAUL’S MINISTRY TO THE CHURCH

✝�TEXT: COLOSSIANS 1:25-29(NKJV) 25. of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God, 26. the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints. 27. To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. 28. Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus. 29. To this [end] I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily.

✝� STUDY Paul willingly accepts the obligation to proclaim Christ and to suffer for Him.He became a minister to preach the gospel to every creature according to the stewardship from God to fulfil the word of God. Paul views himself as a divinely chosen administrator whose work was to make the word of God fully known. The mystery which refers to God’s unfolding plan for the world and for redemption through the Messiah (4:3; Eph. 1:9) was hidden for ages and revealed by God. A mystery is a spiritual truth which was once hidden, but is now revealed and which without special revelation, would have remained unknown (Romans 16:25-26). At the heart of the mystery is the amazing result of the New Covenant which is “Christ in you the hope of glory” (v.27). God himself in the person of Christ will be directly and personally present in the lives of His people. His presence will assure them of a future life with Him when He returns. Paul’s responsibility was to make the word of God fully known.We also are to share the gospel. We need to labour, struggle and toil to make other believers grow and mature in Christ. Are you involved?

✝� PRAYER: Oh God, make me an instrument of Yours to proclaim, preach and teach the gospel to others so that they may grow unto full stature in Christ. Amen!

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:59am On Apr 01, 2020
Date: 2020-04-01

✝�TOPIC: COSTLY EXCUSES

✝�TEXT: LUKE 14:15-24(NKJV) 15. Now when one of those who sat at the table with Him heard these things, he said to Him, "Blessed [is] he who shall eat bread in the kingdom of God!" 16. Then He said to him, "A certain man gave a great supper and invited many, 17. "and sent his servant at supper time to say to those who were invited, 'Come, for all things are now ready.' 18. "But they all with one [accord] began to make excuses. The first said to him, 'I have bought a piece of ground, and I must go and see it. I ask you to have me excused.' 19. "And another said, 'I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I am going to test them. I ask you to have me excused.' 20. "Still another said, 'I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.' 21. "So that servant came and reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house, being angry, said to his servant, 'Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in here [the] poor and [the] maimed and [the] lame and [the] blind.' 22. "And the servant said, 'Master, it is done as you commanded, and still there is room.' 23. "Then the master said to the servant, 'Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel [them] to come in, that my house may be filled. 24. 'For I say to you that none of those men who were invited shall taste my supper.' "

✝�STUDY A Divine invitation for a great banquet has been freely given by the great King – the Lord God Almighty. It is a free invitation, but many are giving flimsy excuses why they should not honour this invitation. In our text, there were three major excuses: (i) Business: The man had bought a piece of land and needed to take care of itbut it is very costly to allow business or any other life engagement to become a barrier to our relationship with God. Jesus said “What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul”(Matt. 16:26). Our business, profession, and other affairs must not be allowed to consume our life, such that we become deaf to God’s invitation. God must be the centre of our life, the one around whom everything else revolves. (ii) The second excuse is that he was too wrapped in new purchases and wanted to try them out – purchase of houses, cars, computers, phones, etc. (iii) The third excuse is marriage and family life. Issues and problems arising from marriage and family life have kept many away from God. This should not be so. Watch out for excuses that keep you away from God.

✝� PRAYER: Oh Lord, help me overcome all excuses that hinder my service to you.

����� *SOLEMN DAY OF PRAYER AND FASTING* The LORD be with you. His Grace, the Primate of All Nigeria and the Bishop of Abuja has directed that today Wednesday April 1, 2020 be observed as a special *Solemn Day of Prayer and Fasting* . The Primate encourages everyone to seek the face of God through prayer and fasting that God will deliver us from COVID-19 pandemic. Specifically, the Primate noted that prayers should be offered in these prayer hours: *12:00 noon; 3:00pm and 6:00pm.*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:02am On Apr 02, 2020
Date: 2020-04-02
✝�TOPIC: WICKED TENANTS

✝�TEXT: LUKE 20:9-19(NKJV) 9. Then He began to tell the people this parable: "A certain man planted a vineyard, leased it to vinedressers, and went into a far country for a long time. 10. "Now at vintage-time he sent a servant to the vinedressers, that they might give him some of the fruit of the vineyard. But the vinedressers beat him and sent [him] away empty-handed. 11. "Again he sent another servant; and they beat him also, treated [him] shamefully, and sent [him] away empty-handed. 12. "And again he sent a third; and they wounded him also and cast [him] out. 13. "Then the owner of the vineyard said, 'What shall I do? I will send my beloved son. Probably they will respect [him] when they see him.' 14. "But when the vinedressers saw him, they reasoned among themselves, saying, 'This is the heir. Come, let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours.' 15. "So they cast him out of the vineyard and killed [him.] Therefore what will the owner of the vineyard do to them? 16. "He will come and destroy those vinedressers and give the vineyard to others." And when they heard [it] they said, "Certainly not!" 17. Then He looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written: 'The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone'? 18. "Whoever falls on that stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder." 19. And the chief priests and the scribes that very hour sought to lay hands on Him, but they feared the people -- for they knew He had spoken this parable against them.

✝�STUDY Jesus here gives a parable of his relationship with Israel. He– God, planted a vineyard (synonymous with Israel or the world). This means that God who created man did so for a specific purpose. God is looking for fruit in all creation or His business ventures (Jn. 15:16). Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down (Matt 3:9).It was very unfortunate that the tenants who the ‘big man’ hired to look after his vineyard were wicked and dangerous: Instead of producing fruits for the landlord, they planned and killed his son, so that they could take over the vineyard. This was what the Jews and the world did to Jesus, the Son of God. Many in the church today are like these wicked tenants. The Lord rented to us:Health, wisdom, education, finances, jobs, children, etc.,and sentus His servants such as Priests, Pastors, Prophets, Teachers, Evangelists, etc.,to ask for fruits of greater devotion to Godand godly character(Gal. 5:22-23); support for God’s work through tithes, offerings, etc).However, we resist Him in and hoard his blessings for selfish reasons. But we must remember that the ownerfinally dispossessed and killed the wicked tenants (v.16)and likewise, God will require an account from each person and reward us according to our deeds at the end (1 Pet. 4:5).

✝� PRAYER: Dear Lord, make me a profitable and not a wicked tenant. �����

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:32am On Apr 03, 2020
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR APRIL 3, 2020 -

THE REV'D CANON CHIMAEZE CHRISTIAN DIKE
Date: 2020-04-03

✝�TOPIC: GUILTY OF BLOOD

✝�TEXT: MATTHEW 23:29-38(NKJV) 29. "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, 30. "and say, 'If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.' 31. "Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32. "Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers' [guilt.] 33. "Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? 34. "Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: [some] of them you will kill and crucify, and [some] of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35. "that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36. "Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. 37. " O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under [her] wings, but you were not willing! 38. "See! Your house is left to you desolate;

✝� STUDY The Scribes and Pharisees pretended to honour the Prophets of old who stood for righteousness and preached against the sins of Israel. These religious leaders honoured the martyred prophets by decorating their tombs; unfortunately they possessed the same spirit and character as those who had murdered the Prophets of God. They reverenced Abraham, Mosesand Jeremiah but rejected the prophets who were living. They even rejected God’s Son, Jesus, who is the greatest Prophet. They schemed to murder Jesusand actually killed him, proving that they were sons of those who murdered the prophets (vs 27 and 34). By this they made themselves hypocrites and guilty of blood as their forefathers. Many religious leaders and followers today are guilty of the same sin. They appear to worship God by all forms of religious ceremonies. They condemn past and present sins in the government, family and the society at large,but are guilty of the same hypocritical lifestyles:Immorality, idolatry, murder, embezzlement, etc. This brings the guilt of those sins of blood of the forefathers to the present generation. We should demonstrate total repentance and separation from the sins of our forefathers who did not know God.

✝� PRAYER: Lord deliver me from hypocritical lifestyles.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:56am On Apr 04, 2020
Date: 2020-04-04

✝�TOPIC: WATCH OUT!

✝�TEXT: MARK 13:1-13(NKJV) 1. Then as He went out of the temple, one of His disciples said to Him, "Teacher, see what manner of stones and what buildings [are here!"] 2. And Jesus answered and said to him, "Do you see these great buildings? Not [one] stone shall be left upon another, that shall not be thrown down." 3. Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter, James, John, and Andrew asked Him privately, 4. "Tell us, when will these things be? And what [will be] the sign when all these things will be fulfilled?" 5. And Jesus, answering them, began to say: "Take heed that no one deceives you. 6. "For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am [He,'] and will deceive many. 7. "But when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be troubled; for [such things] must happen, but the end [is] not yet. 8. "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, and there will be famines and troubles. These [are] the beginnings of sorrows. 9. "But watch out for yourselves, for they will deliver you up to councils, and you will be beaten in the synagogues. You will be brought before rulers and kings for My sake, for a testimony to them. 10. "And the gospel must first be preached to all the nations. 11. "But when they arrest [you] and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit. 12. "Now brother will betray brother to death, and a father [his] child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. 13. "And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

✝�STUDY The disciples admired the temple’s magnificence and drew Jesus’ attention to its beauty; Jesus used the occasion to teach them about the future destruction of the same temple, warningthem not to be deceived. The temple was the pride of the Jews, and so they were alarmed when Jesus talked about its destruction. Thedisciples raised two questions namely, when would the temple be destroyed and what would be the signs?Jesus did not give any direct answer to those questions but rather told His disciples to watch out against deception. Today,many false prophets and teachers predict dates, times and seasons when Jesus would come backbut Jesus only listed the signs of his coming such as:Spiritual deception by false messiahs, wars and wide scale violence in the world, earthquakes, famines and other natural disasters, persecution by civil and religious authorities, world evangelization, and family divisions and intense animosity against the Christian faith. As revealed by historical events, from the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem in AD 70 till now, it is clear that the end is very imminent. We are therefore admonished to stand firm in the faith, despite all challenges; for only those who endure to the end shall be saved.

✝� PRAYER: Pray for believers undergoing severe trials.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:09am On Apr 06, 2020
Date: 2020-04-06

✝�TOPIC: GREEN BUT FRUITLESS

✝�TEXT: MATTHEW 21:18-27(NKJV) 18. Now in the morning, as He returned to the city, He was hungry. 19. And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, "Let no fruit grow on you ever again." Immediately the fig tree withered away. 20. And when the disciples saw [it,] they marveled, saying, "How did the fig tree wither away so soon?" 21. So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' it will be done. 22. "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." 23. Now when He came into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people confronted Him as He was teaching, and said, "By what authority are You doing these things? And who gave You this authority?" 24. But Jesus answered and said to them, "I also will ask you one thing, which if you tell Me, I likewise will tell you by what authority I do these things: 25. "The baptism of John -- where was it from? From heaven or from men?" And they reasoned among themselves, saying, "If we say, 'From heaven,' He will say to us, 'Why then did you not believe him?' 26. "But if we say, 'From men,' we fear the multitude, for all count John as a prophet." 27. So they answered Jesus and said, "We do not know." And He said to them, "Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things.

✝�STUDY Jesus was hungry and saw a fig tree full of green leaves. He expected to find some fruits in that tree, but alas, no single fruit was found. Jesus cursed that tree and it withered immediately. He said “may you never bear fruit again.”Thispronouncement was warrantedby the fact that the tree had green leaves- an appearance of fruitfulness -but was fruitless. John the Baptist warned the Pharisees and Sadducees to produce fruit that showed repentance. He also warned that the axe was laid at the root of the tree and any tree that did not bear good fruit would be cut down (Matt. 3:8-10).This was the same problem that Jesus had with the Pharisees that made Him pronounce curses on them. He called them white-washed sepulchers that looked beautiful on the outside but were full of dead men’s bones and everything unclean, on the inside (Matt. 23:27-28). Hypocrisy,a serious problem in the church today, always attracts the wrath of God. We need to repent of sinful lifestyles covered with an appearance of spirituality.

✝� PRAYER: Lord deliver your church from fruitlessness coated with an appearance of godliness.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:37am On Apr 07, 2020
Date: 2020-04-07
✝�TOPIC: BEWARE OF THE ENEMY’S TRAP

✝�TEXT: MATTHEW 22:15-33(NKJV) 15. Then the Pharisees went and plotted how they might entangle Him in [His] talk. 16. And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men. 17. "Tell us, therefore, what do You think? Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?" 18. But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, "Why do you test Me, [you] hypocrites? 19. "Show Me the tax money." So they brought Him a denarius. 20. And He said to them, "Whose image and inscription [is] this?" 21. They said to Him, "Caesar's." And He said to them, "Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." 22. When they had heard [these words,] they marveled, and left Him and went their way. 23. The same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Him and asked Him, 24. saying: "Teacher, Moses said that if a man dies, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife and raise up offspring for his brother. 25. "Now there were with us seven brothers. The first died after he had married, and having no offspring, left his wife to his brother. 26. "Likewise the second also, and the third, even to the seventh. 27. "Last of all the woman died also. 28. "Therefore, in the resurrection, whose wife of the seven will she be? For they all had her." 29. Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God. 30. "For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven. 31. "But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God, saying, 32. 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living." 33. And when the multitudes heard [this,] they were astonished at His teaching.

✝�STUDY The parable of the wicked tenants enraged the religious leaders (Matt.21:45) and they planned to trap Jesus in His teaching. They started with deceit, hypocrisy and flattery(v. 16). Jesus, knowing their evil intents (wickedness), said “you hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me…” (v. 18). It is very terrible how deceitful and wicked the heart of man can be; tongues filled with flatteryand evil hearts to trap the Son of God (Jer. 17:9).This is similar to what Judas did when he came to betray the Son of Man with a kiss (Lk. 22:48).This is the lifestyle of the world; unfortunately, it has entered deep into the Church. For the sake of position, some Ministers of God set traps for oneanother. Some have gone as far as secretly recording conversations withfellow pastors and then releasing such recordings to superior authorities. Some subordinates and even church members prostrate to greet leaders and ministers’ and call them wonderful titles; yet set traps for their downfall. The Pharisees also tried to trap Jesus in matters of payment of tax, and marriage but failed in all. Let us be quick to listen but slow to speak (James 1:19).

✝� PRAYER: Deliver us,Oh Lord, from all the traps of the enemy.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:56am On Apr 08, 2020
Date: 2020-04-08

✝�TOPIC: CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE RIGHTEOUS

✝�TEXT: MATTHEW 26:1-16(NKJV) 1. Now it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these sayings, [that] He said to His disciples, 2. "You know that after two days is the Passover, and the Son of Man will be delivered up to be crucified." 3. Then the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders of the people assembled at the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas, 4. and plotted to take Jesus by trickery and kill [Him.] 5. But they said, "Not during the feast, lest there be an uproar among the people." 6. And when Jesus was in Bethany at the house of Simon the leper, 7. a woman came to Him having an alabaster flask of very costly fragrant oil, and she poured [it] on His head as He sat [at the table.] 8. But when His disciples saw [it,] they were indignant, saying, "Why this waste? 9. "For this fragrant oil might have been sold for much and given to [the] poor." 10. But when Jesus was aware of [it,] He said to them, "Why do you trouble the woman? For she has done a good work for Me. 11. "For you have the poor with you always, but Me you do not have always. 12. "For in pouring this fragrant oil on My body, she did [it] for My burial. 13. "Assuredly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told as a memorial to her." 14. Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests 15. and said, "What are you willing to give me if I deliver Him to you?" And they counted out to him thirty pieces of silver. 16. So from that time he sought opportunity to betray Him.

✝�STUDY In today’s passage, Jesus was intensely preparing His disciples for Hisdeath, and the religionists were behind closed doors demonically plotting His death (vs. 2-4). Verses 14-16 show the betrayal of Jesus by Judas, His disciple. Betrayal and conspiracy are very bitter experiences of life. It is delivering one into the hand of an enemy in violation of trust. The Chief Priests and elders assembled before the High Priest, Caiaphas, to plan how to arrest and kill Jesus. Evil men are not always comfortable with the presence of the righteous (Ps. 37:12) and would often plot to eliminate such a person (e.g. Daniel, Shedrack, Meshach, Abednego, Joseph’s brothers). The comforting words from the Lord are in Ps. 37:12-15. If you are zealous for righteousness sake, do not fear. The Lord will always fight for you.

✝� PRAYER: Turn Ps 37:12-15 into prayer.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:13am On Apr 09, 2020
Date: 2020-04-09

✝�TOPIC: THE LORDS SUPPER

✝�TEXT: MATTHEW 26:17-30. (NKJV) 17. Now on the first [day] of the [Feast of] the Unleavened Bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying to Him, "Where do You want us to prepare for You to eat the Passover?" 18. And He said, "Go into the city to a certain man, and say to him, 'The Teacher says, "My time is at hand; I will keep the Passover at your house with My disciples." ' " 19. So the disciples did as Jesus had directed them; and they prepared the Passover. 20. When evening had come, He sat down with the twelve. 21. Now as they were eating, He said, "Assuredly, I say to you, one of you will betray Me." 22. And they were exceedingly sorrowful, and each of them began to say to Him, "Lord, is it I?" 23. He answered and said, "He who dipped [his] hand with Me in the dish will betray Me. 24. "The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born." 25. Then Judas, who was betraying Him, answered and said, "Rabbi, is it I?" He said to him, "You have said it." 26. And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke [it,] and gave [it] to the disciples and said, "Take, eat; this is My body." 27. Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave [it] to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. 28. "For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29. "But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom." 30. And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

✝�STUDY Christ instituted the Lord’s Supper as one of the ordinances which He charged His followers to practise on regular basis in this passage (Matt. 26:26-29). Note that the preparations made in vs. 17-20 are for the Passover. The disciples knew nothing about the Lord’s intentions to institute a new ordinance in His name. They thought that Christ was preparing to celebrate the Jewish Passover. This is significant because it shows that Christ tied both His death and the Lord’s Supper to the Passover. This implies that Christ was proclaiming Himself to be the Messiah whom Israel anticipated. Christ was also proclaiming the Lord’s Supper to be the new celebration (26-29), which was to replace the Passover; signifying man’s celebration of God’s deliverance from bondage (Exo. 13: 3-10). Jesus revealed that the one who would betray Him was dining with them on the same table and Judas’ hypocrisy manifested in v. 25. Are we dining on Jesus’ table (Holy Eucharist) and betraying Him by our sinful lives? This is very dangerous. It brought eternal doom to Judas.Celebration of the Lord’s Supper is a celebration of freedom from bondage of sin. Let us not bring damnation on our lives by reason of the Lord’s Supper (1Cor. 11:17-30).

✝� PRAYER: Pray thatyou should not partake in the Lord’s Supper and live in the bondage of sin.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:32am On Apr 10, 2020
Date: 2020-04-10

✝�TOPIC: SOCIAL INJUSTICE

✝�TEXT: MATTHEW 27:1-2, 11-31 (NKJV) 1. When morning came, all the chief priests and elders of the people plotted against Jesus to put Him to death. 2. And when they had bound Him, they led Him away and delivered Him to Pontius Pilate the governor. 11. Now Jesus stood before the governor. And the governor asked Him, saying, “Are You the King of the Jews?” Jesus said to him, “ It is as you say.” 12. And while He was being accused by the chief priests and elders, He answered nothing. 13.Then Pilate said to Him, “Do You not hear how many things they testify against You?” 14.But He answered him not one word, so that the governor marveled greatly. 15. Now at the feast the governor was accustomed to releasing to the multitude one prisoner whom they wished. 16. And at that time they had a notorious prisoner called Barabbas. 17. Therefore, when they had gathered together, Pilate said to them, “Whom do you want me to release to you? Barabbas, or Jesus who is called Christ?” 18. For he knew that they had handed Him over because of envy. 19. While he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent to him, saying, “Have nothing to do with that just Man, for I have suffered many things today in a dream because of Him.” 20. But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitudes that they should ask for Barabbas and destroy Jesus. 21. The governor answered and said to them, “Which of the two do you want me to release to you?” They said, “Barabbas!” 22. Pilate said to them, “What then shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?” They all said to him, “Let Him be crucified!” 23. Then the governor said, “Why, what evil has He done?” But they cried out all the more, saying, “Let Him be crucified!” 24. When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, “I am innocent of the blood of this just Person. You see to it. ” 25. And all the people answered and said, “His blood be on us and on our children.” 26. Then he released Barabbas to them; and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified. 27. Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the Praetorium and gathered the whole garrison around Him. 28. And they stripped Him and put a scarlet robe on Him. 29. When they had twisted a crown of thorns, they put it on His head, and a reed in His right hand. And they bowed the knee before Him and mocked Him, saying, “Hail, King of the Jews!” 30. Then they spat on Him, and took the reed and struck Him on the head. 31. And when they had mocked Him, they took the robe off Him, put His own clothes on Him, and led Him away to be crucified.

✝�STUDY The Chief Priests, elders and Sanhedrin plannedto use legalistic means to achieve the wicked deed of killing an innocent man. This shows the wickedness ofsome religious leaders which is evident even today. Verse 20 says that the Chief Priests and elders persuaded the crowd to ask for Barabbas (a notorious criminal in prison – (v. 16) and to have Jesus executed. Many innocent citizens are languishing in prisons and in many communities because they have nobody to speak for them. Some are labelled “armed robbers and criminals,” executed or punished severely without any chance of fair-hearing. Truth has fallen apart in our judicial system (Hos. 4:1; Mich. 6:12). As the religious leaders preferred a criminal to Jesus (v. 21); our society today is repeating the same behaviour. Does this not explain why oftentimes, men of questionable character occupy high political positions?See Pilate’s position (v. 21-26). He condemned an innocent man to please the people and maintain his position. Do you support criminals and deny Jesus to preserve your position,please friends, associates and the world? Remember that heaven records our works and we shall be judged by them.

PRAYERS: Pray for sanity in our judicial system.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:10am On Apr 11, 2020
Date: 2020-04-11

✝�TOPIC: JOSEPH OF ARIMATHEA: A DISCIPLE IN DEED!

✝�TEXT: MATTHEW 27:57-66(NKJV) 57. Now when evening had come, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who himself had also become a disciple of Jesus. 58. This man went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be given to him. 59. When Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, 60. and laid it in his new tomb which he had hewn out of the rock; and he rolled a large stone against the door of the tomb, and departed. 61. And Mary Magdalene was there, and the other Mary, sitting opposite the tomb. 62. On the next day, which followed the Day of Preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees gathered together to Pilate, 63. saying, "Sir, we remember, while He was still alive, how that deceiver said, 'After three days I will rise.' 64. "Therefore command that the tomb be made secure until the third day, lest His disciples come by night and steal Him [away,] and say to the people, 'He has risen from the dead.' So the last deception will be worse than the first." 65. Pilate said to them, "You have a guard; go your way, make [it] as secure as you know how." 66. So they went and made the tomb secure, sealing the stone and setting the guard.

✝�STUDY Joseph of Arimathea was the man who boldly went to Pilate to ask for Jesus’ body after his death on the cross. He was a rich man and a disciple of Jesus. Secondly, he was a prominent Jewish Council member (Mk. 15:43). Verses 56-60 spell out what he did for his Master, Jesus: He took down His body from the cross, wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, buried it in his own new tomb and finally, secured the tomb with a large stone. This is a wonderful act of sacrifice expressing a high level of devotion and respect. Before this time Joseph was a secret disciple (Jn. 19:38) but had to damn every consequence in order to give his master a befitting burial. His faith was proved by his works. A true disciple cannot remain in hiding; he must speak out for his Master and serve Him even to the point of death. Today, we remember Joseph of Arimathea by his works. What will you be remembered for in the body of Christ and in the ministry of Jesus? Note: We shall be remembered only by what we have done!

✝� PRAYER: Father,grant me the boldness to rise above challenges and do something for you that has eternal rewards.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:55am On Apr 12, 2020
Date: 2020-04-12 (Easter Day)

✝�TOPIC: JESUS IS RISEN FROM THE DEAD!

✝�TEXT: MATTHEW 28:1-10(NKJV) 1. Now after the Sabbath, as the first [day] of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. 2. And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it. 3. His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. 4. And the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead [men.] 5. But the angel answered and said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. 6. "He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. 7. "And go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead, and indeed He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him. Behold, I have told you." 8. So they went out quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to bring His disciples word. 9. And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, "Rejoice!" So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him. 10. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go [and] tell My brethren to go to Galilee, and there they will see Me."

✝�STUDY Pilate, with the Jewish leaders, condemned Jesus and crucified Him on the cross. They also posted soldiers to guard His tomb to forestall Him rising from the dead. Inspite of all these, when the power of resurrection was released, Jesus was raised to life, Hallelujah! He defied the powers and wisdom of menand conquered death to become both the wisdom and power of God (1 Cor. 1:24), the resurrection and life (Jn. 11:25). The resurrection of Jesus Christis the basis of our Christian faith and our message to the world. By implication, Jesus is not dead. He isalive for evermore. All who believein Him shall experience this resurrection and live forever with Himand this experience can only be possible when one is born again and dies in Christ. Again, the action of Mary Magdalene and others is challenging: They followed even when all hope was lost. Do you follow God even when heaven is silent over your situation? The commitment of the women made them to be the first to receive the news of Christ’s resurrection from the angel. They saw Jesus face to face, worshiped Him and were filled with joy.In verse 10, Jesus called His disciples brothers. We too are his brothers if we obey His words.

✝� PRAYER: :Lord,grant me the grace to live by your standard and experience theresurrection power. HAPPY EASTER!!!
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:37am On Apr 13, 2020
Date: 2020-04-13 (Easter Monday)

✝�TOPIC: THE GREAT COMMISSION

✝�TEXT: MATTHEW 28:11-20(NKJV) 11.
Now while they were going, behold, some of the guard came into the city and reported to the chief priests all the things that had happened. 12. When they had assembled with the elders and consulted together, they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers, 13. saying, "Tell them, 'His disciples came at night and stole Him [away] while we slept.' 14. "And if this comes to the governor's ears, we will appease him and make you secure." 15. So they took the money and did as they were instructed; and this saying is commonly reported among the Jews until this day. 16. Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. 17. When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted. 18. And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20. "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, [even] to the end of the age." Amen.

✝�STUDY The soldiers posted to guard Jesus’ tomb failed to discharge their duty. The assignment was beyond them because despite their efforts, Jesus rose from the dead and is alive, Hallelujah! Instead of acknowledging the truth about His resurrection, they changed the story, “His disciples came and stole him while we were asleep’’, yet they were not prosecuted. In verse 16, the eleven disciples obeyed the women’s testimony and went to Galilee to meet their Master whom they saw alive and worshiped. Some however doubted His resurrection while some believed. Do you believe or doubt Jesus resurrection? Verse 18-20 spell out the requirements of the Great Commissionto the disciples andevery believer as follows:Go and make disciples of all nations; Baptise them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost;Teach them to obey all the commandments. The above commission hasthe backingand authority of Jesusand this authority is supremeand all-encompassing, both in heaven and on earth. For this reason, there should be no fear or compromise in going out to preach.We should rise up to the charge and save the world in need. When last did you speak to someone near or far about our Lord Jesus, The Messiah?

✝� PRAYER: Here am I, Lord send me.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:21am On Apr 14, 2020
Date: 2020-04-14 (Easter Tuesday)

✝�TOPIC: THE GOSPEL

✝�TEXT: 1CORINTHIANS 15:1-18(NKJV)
1. Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2. by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 3. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4. and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, 5. and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. 6. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. 7. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. 8. Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time. 9. For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11. Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed. 12. Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13. But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. 14. And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. 15. Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise. 16. For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. 17. And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 18. Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. I Corinthians 15:1‭-‬18 NKJV

✝�STUDY In today’s text, Paul explained to the Church the gospel and its contentsas the good news about Jesus Christ; a means through which mankind is saved from sin.The details are -Jesus died for our sins; He was buried but rose again on the third day; He was seen by many people, a proof of His resurrection. The above details are the message of Christianity, the pivot upon which our faith revolves. Some Jews however did not believe in the Messiahship and resurrection of Jesus. The soldiers who guarded his tomb spread false news that His disciples came and stole away His corpse. However, the gospel cannot be voided by cleverly invented stories. The authenticity of Christ’s resurrection rests on the fact that He was seen by his brothers, apostles, some womenand many people at different times. It is a historical fact and God has made Him both Lord and Saviour (Act 2:36).If Jesus did not resurrect, then our faith is vain.To be saved from sin, one must receive this gospeland believe and hold fast to it continually. Are you saved from your sins?

✝� PRAYER: Lord, I repent of my sins today and believe the gospel

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:35am On Apr 15, 2020
Date: 2020-04-15

✝�TOPIC: ON THE WAY TO EMMAUS

✝�TEXT: LUKE 24:13-25(NKJV)
13. Now behold, two of them were traveling that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was seven miles from Jerusalem. 14. And they talked together of all these things which had happened. 15. So it was, while they conversed and reasoned, that Jesus Himself drew near and went with them. 16. But their eyes were restrained, so that they did not know Him. 17. And He said to them, "What kind of conversation [is] this that you have with one another as you walk and are sad?" 18. Then the one whose name was Cleopas answered and said to Him, "Are You the only stranger in Jerusalem, and have You not known the things which happened there in these days?" 19. And He said to them, "What things?" So they said to Him, "The things concerning Jesus of Nazareth, who was a Prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people, 20. "and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and crucified Him. 21. "But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, today is the third day since these things happened. 22. "Yes, and certain women of our company, who arrived at the tomb early, astonished us. 23. "When they did not find His body, they came saying that they had also seen a vision of angels who said He was alive. 24. "And certain of those [who were] with us went to the tomb and found [it] just as the women had said; but Him they did not see." 25. Then He said to them, "O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!

✝�STUDY In today’s passage, Jesus appears to two of His disciples going to Emmaus, one of them was Cleopas. These men apparently did not recogniseHim for certain reasons.,Consider Jesus statement to them “O foolish ones and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken”(v.25).As followers of Jesus, we are expected to understand the scripturesand believe and act on them. They are not ordinary words; they are life (Deut. 32:47). Every Christian needs this understanding so that he can flow with the perfect will of God. It was at the table when they reclined to eat with Him and He prayed that their eyes were opened (vs. 30-31). They recognised Him and He disappeared from them leaving them convinced that He is alive. The impact of their encounter with Jesus moved them to proclaim the good news about His resurrection.Have you ever encountered Jesus in your life? What impact did this encounter create in you? This encounter is personal and necessary for our new life in Christ, empowerment, growth and relevance in the Kingdom of God.

✝� PRAYER: I need a touch from the Master O! Lord.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:40am On Apr 16, 2020
Date: 2020-04-16

✝�TOPIC: THESE SIGNS SHALL FOLLOW THEM THAT BELIEVE

✝�TEXT: MARK 16:9-18(NKJV) 9. Now when [He] rose early on the first [day] of the week, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom He had cast seven demons. 10. She went and told those who had been with Him, as they mourned and wept. 11. And when they heard that He was alive and had been seen by her, they did not believe. 12. After that, He appeared in another form to two of them as they walked and went into the country. 13. And they went and told [it] to the rest, [but] they did not believe them either. 14. Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen. 15. And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16. "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17. "And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18. "they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

✝�STUDY The writers of the four gospels recorded how Jesus appeared to Mary Magdalene after His resurrection. She was formerly possessed and afflicted by seven demons but her encounter with Jesus changed her history: She became His follower and the first evangelist to proclaim His resurrection. Jesus can always rewrite our history for good when we encounter Him. The disciples did not believe the news about Jesus’ resurrection until when He appeared to them and rebuked them for their unbelief.Unbelief is doubt, the opposite of faith;its consequences are great such as external condemnation(v.16). James asserts that anyone who doubts is unstable in his faith and cannot get anything from God. Secondly some Israelites did not enter the Promise Land because of unbelief (Heb. 3:19). We need grace to overcome this cankerworm in our journey with God. Can you see the manifestations of believing from verses 17-18?Those that believe will cast out demons, speak with new tongues, take up serpents, lay hands on the sick and they will recover and if they drink deadly poison, shall not be hurt. Indeed the power of belief is immeasurable. Have you experienced any of the signs in your Christian life? Note, these signs shall follow them that believe, so be a believer and not an unbeliever.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, help my unbelief.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:43am On Apr 17, 2020
Date: 2020-04-17

✝�TOPIC: THE PROMISE OF THE FATHER

✝�TEXT: LUKE 24:36-53 36. Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, “Peace to you.” 37. But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit. 38. And He said to them, “Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39. Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.” 40. When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. 41. But while they still did not believe for joy, and marveled, He said to them, “Have you any food here?” 42. So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb. 43. And He took it and ate in their presence. 44. Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.” 45. And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures. 46. Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, 47. and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48. And you are witnesses of these things. 49. Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.” 50. And He led them out as far as Bethany, and He lifted up His hands and blessed them. 51. Now it came to pass, while He blessed them, that He was parted from them and carried up into heaven. 52. And they worshiped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy, 53. and were continually in the temple praising and blessing God. Amen. Luke 24:36‭-‬53 NKJV

✝� STUDY Jesus made several appearances to His disciples at different times and situations. This was to prove to them that He is alive and to prepare them for the continuity of His ministry. Today’s passage shows how Jesus appeared to his disciples, offered them His peace, led them out of their fears and opened their understanding to the scriptures. Jesus has not changed. He is the Prince of peace and will always offer us His peace for our comfort. He also leads us out of our desperate conditions and opens our minds to kingdom matters. In verse, Jesus dealt with the fears of the apostles and gave them the assignment to preach repentance and forgiveness of sin to all nations. This is the gospel of Christ that must be preached by every Christian. Has the church shifted emphasis from this assignment today? No matter the attention we give to other concerns, the Great Commission of preaching the gospel must not be compromised. The Promise of the Father- THE HOLY SPIRIT - has been given to help us with this commission. He is relevant in our quest to carry out the ministry of Jesus. Have you received the Holy Ghost for your ministry?

✝�PRAYER: Oh Lord, fill me with your Holy Spirit.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:44am On Apr 18, 2020
Date: 2020-04-18

✝�TOPIC: THIS JESUS GOD HAS RAISED UP

✝�TEXT: ACTS 2:22-23 (NKJV) 22. " Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know -- 23. "Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death;

✝�STUDY The resurrection of Jesus has continued to occur in our readings for some days now. This underscores its position to our faith. The controversy over Christ’s resurrection still lingered in the hearts of some Jews. In today’s text, Peter, by the leading of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, cleared the air before the crowd that gathered. Verses 22-23 show that Jesus was approved by God and worked miracles, signs and wonders which the people saw,received and testified about. Secondly, His death on the cross was God’s will for Him and predicted by David in (Ps.16:10),so the Jewish leaders and Pilate were just fulfilling a prophecy. The truth and facts about Peter’sspeech are that:  Jesus rose from the dead and is alive  The tomb is empty  Jesus rose, appeared to his disciples who saw and touched him  Death could not hold him, neither could the grave  His body did not experience decay Any teaching/belief that attacks the above truths destroys our faith, power and hope of resurrection. Paul in Phil.3:10, says: “that I may know him and the power of his resurrection.” Every believer must desire this knowledge.

✝� PRAYER: That I May know You and the power of Your resurrection O! Lord. *STAY SAFE!*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:57am On Apr 19, 2020
Date: 2020-04-19

✝�TOPIC: A LIVING HOPE

✝�TEXT: 1 PETER 1:1-19(NKJV) 1. Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To the pilgrims of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2. elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace be multiplied. 3. Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4. to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5. who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7. that the genuineness of your faith, [being] much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8. whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see [Him,] yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9. receiving the end of your faith -- the salvation of [your] souls. 10. Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace [that would come] to you, 11. searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 12. To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven -- things which angels desire to look into. 13. Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest [your] hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14. as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, [as] in your ignorance; 15. but as He who called you [is] holy, you also be holy in all [your] conduct, 16. because it is written, "Be holy, for I am holy." 17. And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay [here] in fear; 18. knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, [like] silver or gold, from your aimless conduct [received] by tradition from your fathers, 19. but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.

✝�STUDY Peter wrote to believers who had been scattered to several places because of persecution. He addressed them as pilgrims and God’s elect. This means that every believer is a pilgrim on a journey to heaven. They are God’s elect, having taken the decision to surrender their lives to Christ. Therefore they have aligned themselves to the eternal plan of the omniscient God, who chose them from eternity. The resurrection of Jesus gave the Church a living hope. This hope is alive, active and does not disappoint (Rom 5:5). It is obtained when one becomes born again and this gives such a one access to an inheritance that cannot perish or fade. On this hope, the believer rests his confidence that he will be raised to life eternal like Jesus on the resurrection day.This is the hallmark of our Christian faith which should not be trifled with.Verse6 encourages believers to be joyful in trials and temptationsbecause trials are means of refining and proving the genuineness of our faith. God allows them to come our way not to destroy us but to make us better. Jesus our Lord passed through them and overcame. We should not give in to bitterness and despair when they come, because he who overcomes, shall be saved.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, enable me rest my life on this living hope.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why People Are Atheists? / The Occult Or Occultism! / Should Christian Women Wear Makeup Or Jewelry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 238
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.