Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? (25901 Views)

Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service / What Happens To My Money If I'm Robbed In A Bank While Waiting To Deposit? / Annoying Things That Happen Every Time You Have To Enter A Bank(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Memberclub(m): 9:00am On Jan 02, 2020
Breather77:
Hey everyone,
My international passport expired in 2018 and I haven't renewed it yet.
Will the bank accept it if I choose it and open a bank account?.
Thanks.
if it contains ur NIN number then yes
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by chygoz3(m): 9:00am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Not true. Your passport number does not change during renewal, it's permanent. Even your data page won't change during renewal, except you specifically apply for a change to your profile details which attracts extra charges.
The account they opened for me is not restricted, the aim of the data page is for identification and your passport number id you.
It changes. You get a new passport number, and the data page will have a section which contains the number of the expired passport clearly stated.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Omoslim26: 9:00am On Jan 02, 2020
Ask my yansh
you enter 2020 with yeye question

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Chijeep(m): 9:00am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:
Just photocopy the data page and you're good. The main thing is to identify you and your passport number covers that.
I did same when mine expired and UBA still accepted it.
Alternatively, go and open an account with Zenith bank they will do the national identity registration for you there on the spot, no need for your international passport.
pls will dey give me d national ID card after I open acct with Zenith?
thanks
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Jeweltz(f): 9:01am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:
Just photocopy the data page and you're good. The main thing is to identify you and your passport number covers that.
Alternatively, go and open an account with Zenith bank they will do the national identity registration for you there on the spot, no need for your international passport.

I don't think this is correct sir. They night probably opened a restricted account for u
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by TUANKU(m): 9:01am On Jan 02, 2020
Chijeep:
pls will dey give me d national ID card after I open acct with Zenith? thanks
Temporary id card will be issued.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Memberclub(m): 9:01am On Jan 02, 2020
fados4sure:

Did you know that data page & pasport number changes during renewal of passport?
True
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by samdaisi: 9:03am On Jan 02, 2020
Op I really like your question because its date that changed not your data I want to believe that you will be bold enough to say it in the law court you will know that ignorance is not an excuse. Again,you are the owner of your bank account go and write 2019 in any of your instruments when you get to bank and explain to them that your data is not changed may be you will be applauded there, I don't know why Nigeria youths are adamant to correction
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 02, 2020
fados4sure:

Are you for real?
I have two international passports, one expired and one recent and they both have different passports number and stop posting what you know nothing about or what you speculates

I started a post telling him how he is really bold in error but I got tired cheesy
He is wrong about using an expired card to open an account (you cannot even use it to fix money, and banks love money!)
He is also wrong about a renewed card having the same number as an old one.
And Breather77, someone used a question to get you to reason but you struck out his post. That was not so okay, since he was not rude to you in any way
Okay then

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 02, 2020
explosiveskull:
people of the world
one day we will be qualified to argue on matters like this

It is not a big deal, you will get there real soon. Just want it
Have a nice life
Happy 2020 to you and everyone
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 02, 2020
sotall:

Your analogy doesn't apply.

The reason an expired passport may not be accepted is not same reason you shouldn't take an expired drug.

The international passport can still be used as a means of identification even if you can't use it to travel anymore

How...can U please explain how an expired ID can still be valid as a means of formally identifying someone in a place like a bank....not a road side situation with police or market woman oooo
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Predstan: 9:13am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Not true. Your passport number does not change during renewal, it's permanent. Even your data page won't change during renewal, except you specifically apply for a change to your profile details which attracts extra charges.
The account they opened for me is not restricted, the aim of the data page is for identification and your passport number id you.

Saying rubbish with Boldness. This nairaland is now full of bullshits. Passport number changes. Why spread lies??
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nmezor(f): 9:13am On Jan 02, 2020
Nope
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by pirazo: 9:14am On Jan 02, 2020
It does answers your question, it's you who was unable to deduce it

Breather77:

Hmmm, but this does not answer the question. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 02, 2020
Gabson006:
Mine will expire this year July.
Can someone tell me how much for renewal.

And any sure connect in Lagos or Ogun office

Please get it renewed before July (for less than 20K I suppose)
Cos if it expires, you will definitely pay 30/35K and your passport number will change, and you may have to start carrying two passports around sad

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 02, 2020
Chijeep:

pls will dey give me d national ID card after I open acct with Zenith?
thanks

Lol.....u want to collect national identity from a bank.....what planet are u from?? Don’t listen to that guy.... can’t u see other knowledgeable pple invalidating all the trash he’s saying....he’s just showing off ignorance in a strangely confident manner...the reason for this is what I don’t understand cos all the informations are false

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Patrickilogu(m): 9:16am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

You cannot, because every means of valid identification present to the bank for the purpose of account opening is verified by the bank, be it voters card, NIMC, international passport, drivers licence.
UBA opened the account for you maybe out of error, but in future your account will be restricted when the review your documentations.
Please go ahead with the registration of NIMC to avoid been disappointed on the day you need to make you of your account, also ensure your details is the same with your BVN details.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by sotall(m): 9:18am On Jan 02, 2020
1StopRudeness:

How...can U please explain how an expired ID can still be valid as a means of formally identifying someone in a place like a bank....not a road side situation with police or market woman oooo

A means of identification is a means of identification. It doesn't have to be formal.

You may need a valid one to open an account but not need a valid one in a police situation.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by babyfaceafrica: 9:20am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Zenith will do nimc for you?.. Seriously?.. How much to. Register with them
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Mannylex(m): 9:21am On Jan 02, 2020
An expired passport is only accepted if you are a Non-resident Nigerian.

In this case you will however be required to combine it with a valid Foreign passport, driver's license or residence permit etc.

Regards.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by vertueptime: 9:21am On Jan 02, 2020
Breather77:

Thanks brother. I'll try zenith bank and see how it goes.

Lol they will open the account for u but u wont b able to use it

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Gabson006: 9:22am On Jan 02, 2020
merahki:

Please get it renewed before July (for less than 20K I suppose)
Cos if it expires, you will definitely pay 30/35K and your passport number will change, and you may have to start carrying two passports around sad
I will try and do that.
Just don't know the process
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 02, 2020
sotall:

A means of identification is a means of identification. It doesn't have to be formal.

You may need a valid one to open an account but not need a valid one in a police situation.

In any sane situation formal or informal an expired ID should not be accepted..... the reason is very simple... at the point of renewal, I could have my name changed completely..and deceive unsuspecting persons with the old name ....any one who conducts a transaction formal or informal with an expired ID has automatically done a false/ invalid transaction..... cos an informal road side situation can quickly escalate into a court of law situation......
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Peacecoy19: 9:24am On Jan 02, 2020
Humphrizy:
Capital No..its just like one saying "Can I manage expired drugs because it's already late and some pharmaceutical shops have closed".

Renew it or better still make use of your PVC if you are in Nigeria
What of e tax id certificate can I use it bank identification?

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Switruth: 9:25am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

. It does change bro. I just checked mine to confirm. Old and new one are not the same at allll
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Switruth: 9:26am On Jan 02, 2020
OP. What are you hiding na. Get a genuine identification and open your account. Simple. Are u a fugitive?
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Jabioro: 9:26am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Yes Zenith bank is doing NIN.
More blessing to you..Thanks for information..This is a great ..one

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by zed7: 9:28am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Spreading falsehood with so much confidence. Your passport number changes and you are recaptured. Except the process is different from countries outside Nigeria.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by babyfaceafrica: 9:29am On Jan 02, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Lol.....u want to collect national identity from a bank.....what planet are u from?? Don’t listen to that guy.... can’t u see other knowledgeable pple invalidating all the trash he’s saying....he’s just showing off ignorance in a strangely confident manner...the reason for this is what I don’t understand cos all the informations are false

He is not lying.. Zenith bank does nimc for customers

https://www.zenithbank.com/nin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Humphrizy(m): 9:30am On Jan 02, 2020
Peacecoy19:
What of e tax id certificate can I use it bank identification?

Yes.... It can be used since its a tool that you can be identified with
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by rhames(m): 9:31am On Jan 02, 2020
Lamasta:
Can what has expired be considered valid?
The beat response so far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Customers Experience Heavy Traffic At A Shopping Mall (Photos, Video) / Reno Omokri: 'When You Meet A Wealthy Man, Don't Ask For Money' / Firstbank Introduces Contactless Naira Mastercard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.