Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,911 members, 7,956,424 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:42 AM

Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? (26685 Views)

Can I Open Another Bank Account, My BVN Is Linked To So Many Old, Huge Debts / Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service / What Happens To My Money If I'm Robbed In A Bank While Waiting To Deposit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
yahoo yahoo in the making, better goto where your would be mentors are?

look to the west.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by babyfaceafrica: 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
1StopRudeness:

I don’t think there’s a point trying to correct the guy...he’s not only adamant over what is wrong.. he’s also defensive by insulting people’s mother and father.

I really dont get what it is....we have fun from time to time on Nairaland....but deliberately passing wrong information to people even after being told is what I don’t get....mayb he’s joking and we are the one not getting his joke....
Cos I’ve never seen something like this b4 even in crazy section like romance and politics with extreme trashy behaviour
most guys that cautioned him were rude, very rude.. He is reciprocating the rudeness

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by AerialMapper: 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Not true. Your passport number does not change during renewal, it's permanent. Even your data page won't change during renewal, except you specifically apply for a change to your profile details which attracts extra charges.
The account they opened for me is not restricted, the aim of the data page is for identification and your passport number id you.

Only write things you know about! Your passport number changes; however your previous passport number is shown on the page. The issuance date and expiration date changes as well...obviously! In summary, your data page does not stay the same

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Tybabe0001(m): 1:48pm On Jan 02, 2020
Yes, but na expired account u go get.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
Memberclub:

True
Yes bro

This is a public forum otherwise, I would have snap both data page for you to see
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by HabuD: 2:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
The use of such IDs by banks is for identification, not for verification, so expiry date should not be an issue . The job of verification lies with the immigrations office. Its similar to when a police officer at a check point asks for your driver's licence. He asks for it not because he wants to know whether its expired but for identification purposes. So any police officer that now begins to query you for an expired licence (which is a duplication of the function of the FRSC) would have gone beyond his prescribed duty, and you have the right to object. That's why its important that we as citizens understand the role of various organs of government so as to enforce our rights when necessary.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2020
Gabson006:
Mine will expire this year July.
Can someone tell me how much for renewal.

And any sure connect in Lagos or Ogun office
64 pages and collect same day is #45k while 32 pages and collect same day is #30k in Benin City
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by cardoso222: 3:01pm On Jan 02, 2020
NO,NO and NO
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2020
HabuD:
The use of such IDs by banks is for identification, not for verification, so expiry date should not be an issue . The job of verification lies with the immigrations office. Its similar to when a police officer at a check point asks for your driver's licence. He asks for it not because he wants to know whether its expired but for identification purposes. So any police officer that now begins to query you for an expired licence (which is a duplication of the function of the FRSC) would have gone beyond his prescribed duty, and you have the right to object. That's why its important that we as citizens understand the role of various organs of government so as to enforce our rights when necessary.

An expired ID isn’t and should no longer be useful for anything.....the reason is simple... at renewal I could have my name changed completely,
In much civilized nations, the matter is even much worse, I could have my gender/ sex completely changed...before I renewed my ID

that’s why the moment an ID expires even by one day it’s no longer valid for any kind of transaction .....a transaction can be rendered null if conducted with an Invalid ID...even if it’s an ordinary road side issue like a police stopping you to see who u are....cos I’ve seen ordinary road side matters escalating into court of law issue
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by onwukaedu88(m): 4:00pm On Jan 02, 2020
yes u can but it will be a second tier account class.

the first tier account class are those typ of account opened with only passport photograph. second deposit limit will not exceed 50,000 and cumulative deposit balance will not exceed 300,000.

the 2nd tier are opened with a passport and any type of id cards. the expired cards fall into this category. second deposits will not exceed 100,000 and cumulative deposit balance will not exceed 500,000.
NOTE: any violation to the above money deposit threshold rule, the system automatic places the account on PND (post no debit) status until customer provides complete documentation before account can be migrated to a regular and 3rd tier status.

3rd tier account class is a complete account class opened with all valid documents, passport, recent utility bill receipt and a valid means of identification. this account class has no limit to cash deposit or withdrawals.

thank you for reading. hope this had helped??

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Poanan: 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2020
fados4sure:

Are you for real?
I have two international passports, one expired and one recent and they both have different passports number and stop posting what you know nothing about or what you speculates

I think you are the one making a mistake. How come you have multiple identities for same country? Don't even say this in the presence of any security agency. It is not normal to have two passports for same country.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Mianky: 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
Go to the bank pls
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by mechanics(m): 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
I don't think so, the first thing they will check is the expiry date, it's better you use voter's card.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
Poanan:

I think you are the one making a mistake. How come you have multiple identities for same country? Don't even say this in the presence of any security agency. It is not normal to have two passports for same country.
I guess you didn't read what I wrote before quoting me.

I said I have two Nigerian passport one expired in 2017 and the current one will expire in 2023 and each passport have different passport number.

The first passport number is A031XXXXX while the other passport number is A505XXXXX

If you have renew international passport before, you will understand what I mean

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Liftedhands(f): 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ugmama:

Debit card is a sensitive device, hence you need to come to the business office to get it. Afterwards DSEs and Digital champions of UBA can set you up.

Just come along with a passport, valid ID and utility bill for a massive transaction account.

If not, only passport can do.
Alright thank you.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Gabson006: 5:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
fados4sure:

64 pages and collect same day is #45k while 32 pages and collect same day is #30k in Benin City
Someone said it's less than that for renewal.
How much is getting new passport
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 02, 2020
Gabson006:

Someone said it's less than that for renewal.
How much is getting new passport
Did you read what I wrote?
At Benin City Immigration centre, I renewed mine for #45k, 64 pages and collected same day

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by lonelydora: 6:15pm On Jan 02, 2020
Breather77:
Hey everyone,
My international passport expired in 2018 and I haven't renewed it yet.
Will the bank accept it if I choose it and open a bank account?.
Thanks.

They won't accept it if it's less than 6 months to expiration
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by lonelydora: 6:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Not true. Your passport number does not change during renewal, it's permanent. Even your data page won't change during renewal, except you specifically apply for a change to your profile details which attracts extra charges.
The account they opened for me is not restricted, the aim of the data page is for identification and your passport number id you.

I'm not sure you know anything about International passport
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by lonelydora: 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2020
fados4sure:

Are you for real?
I have two international passports, one expired and one recent and they both have different passports number and stop posting what you know nothing about or what you speculates

I have done a total of 6 international passports. All the numbers changed during renewal.

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by JoseRaji(m): 6:39pm On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

I don't know the bank you work with, am not about to prove a point. It worked for me so i suggested it plus i suggested another alternative as well.

Two things:
(1) when exactly did you open your account with an expired id card?
(2) have you gone to verify if your account has limits? Ie. Maximum deposit, maximum balance, etc.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by JoseRaji(m): 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
lexy2014:

If a passport is expired, is d biodata on d passport expired?
Technically, yes... The holder would have to go and renew the passport. And his/her biodata collected again. Also, a new number will be given to him/her.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 6:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
Only data page stays the same if u want but passport number must change bro cuz dat your old passport number don pass.

TUANKU:

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by MrOIO(m): 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2020
No. I have tried it before. It was not accepted.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by xtrim1: 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

At least my fingers will be useful to your mother.
You are beyond redemption. Apologize for misleading the internet. Proud buffoon. Someone may innocently google your ridiculous response.

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by TUANKU(m): 8:15pm On Jan 02, 2020
xtrim1:

You are beyond redemption. Apologize for misleading the internet. Proud buffoon. Someone may innocently google your ridiculous response.
I'm damn sure you need redemption more than i do, redemption from the shackles of poverty.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by lexy2014: 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
JoseRaji:

Technically, yes... The holder would have to go and renew the passport. And his/her biodata collected again. Also, a new number will be given to him/her.

How does biodata expire, technically or otherwise?
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by KenModi(m): 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

You sure you have renewed a passport in Nigeria before cos mine changed, on my data page, there are two numbers, the old and the new.

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by JoseRaji(m): 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
lexy2014:

How does biodata expire, technically or otherwise?

Biodata which has "expired" can only be made reference to, when speaking of history... But cannot be used as leverage for the present.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by dazzlingd(m): 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

I hate to see someone ignorant talking with so much confident...
You know nothing and you say bullshits
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by chubbyG(m): 11:10pm On Jan 02, 2020
Breather77:
Hey everyone,
My international passport expired in 2018 and I haven't renewed it yet.
Will the bank accept it if I choose it and open a bank account?.
Thanks.

You can open a bank account without any documents with just an existing account number or bvn.
Haven't you heard about digital banking?

Send me a dm I will tell you about a bank.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by lexy2014: 5:46am On Jan 03, 2020
JoseRaji:

Biodata which has "expired" can only be made reference to, when speaking of history... But cannot be used as leverage for the present.

D question I asked is how does biodata expire but u talking about how biodata can be used or not used. For instance, Can my name or date of birth expire? If u were born in 2002, does that information change? What leverage are u referring to in terms of past or present when biodata is a constant irrespective of time?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

World's 100 Richest Men. I Call The Ladies Men / 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Will Not Make Money Online / UBA Staff Clap And Share Snacks With Customers To Show Appreciation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.