Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,010 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? (25902 Views)

Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service / What Happens To My Money If I'm Robbed In A Bank While Waiting To Deposit? / Annoying Things That Happen Every Time You Have To Enter A Bank(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by richmanrichard: 9:32am On Jan 02, 2020
Breather77:

Thanks. Please which bank?
ecobank. Dont take any negative here,jst go to the bank.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by zed7: 9:32am On Jan 02, 2020
Ogochukx:

Please how true is this info
Disregard. This guy is spreading lies everywhere. I don't understand how someone comes online talking absolute nonsense.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by richmanrichard: 9:35am On Jan 02, 2020
richmanrichard:
ecobank.i also upgraded some stuff on my uba acnt. Dont take any negative here,jst go to the bank.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:
Just photocopy the data page and you're good. The main thing is to identify you and your passport number covers that.
I did same when mine expired and UBA still accepted it.
Alternatively, go and open an account with Zenith bank they will do the national identity registration for you there on the spot, no need for your international passport.

They won't accept it, it's a revenue policy of the FG but you're right about the Zenith part
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 02, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

He is not lying.. Zenith bank does nimc for customers

https://www.zenithbank.com/nin

Zenith bank doesn’t do NImc....
the federal government after agreement with the banks selected a couple of banks as office venue for government officials to register people all over the country for easy access for citizens.... and these are UBA, zenith, eco bank and WEMA...and its not all their branches still.....
Get it...zenith bank or any bank official doesn’t register u for nimc, government workers do so in selected bank branch buildings...

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by richmanrichard: 9:39am On Jan 02, 2020
Gabson006:
Mine will expire this year July.
Can someone tell me how much for renewal.

And any sure connect in Lagos or Ogun office
go to passport office festac

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by africanjarule: 9:40am On Jan 02, 2020
I don't know why some people won't understand just simple things, an expired interpretation passport can never be accepted in any banks in nigeria. And those that saying passport number change during renewal is total a lie.

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by beegameh(m): 9:41am On Jan 02, 2020
Which kind yeye question b DAT. Cum enyia FENCE UR SENSE
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by babyfaceafrica: 9:41am On Jan 02, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Zenith bank doesn’t do NImc....
the federal government after agreement with the banks selected a couple of banks as office venue for government officials to register people all over the country for easy access for citizens.... and these are UBA, zenith, eco bank and WEMA...and its not all their branches still.....
Get it...zenith bank or any bank official doesn’t register u for nimc, government workers do so in bank office buildings...

Semantics!!!

If anyone wants to do nimc and does not have patience to go to alausa.. Walk into zenith bank and ask for the branch closest to you that you can

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by frozen70(f): 9:43am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Not true. Your passport number does not change during renewal, it's permanent. Even your data page won't change during renewal, except you specifically apply for a change to your profile details which attracts extra charges.
The account they opened for me is not restricted, the aim of the data page is for identification and your passport number id you.

Stop giving wrong information about international passport as you know nothing about it

Passport is subject to renewal every 5 or 10yrs as the case may be

You are getting a new passport number once you get captured for another one

It's only national ID card that has a permanent number because its supposed to be your unic number as a citizen

If the country is doing what they are expected to do

It's only your national ID card that would have been used by Nigeria citizens as the only valid

Whereas you use passport as a valid ID abroad

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:50am On Jan 02, 2020
Breather77:
Hey everyone,
My international passport expired in 2018 and I haven't renewed it yet.
Will the bank accept it if I choose it and open a bank account?.
Thanks.

Anything that has expired is useless sir,that is basic. Use alternative means of identification,like voter's card to open your account.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 02, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Semantics!!!

If anyone wants to do nimc and does not have patience to go to alausa.. Walk into zenith bank and ask for the branch closest to you that you can

The point is It’s not a zenith bank thing, the same thing happens in Ecobank, UBA and wema
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by agrowell: 9:58am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:
Just photocopy the data page and you're good. The main thing is to identify you and your passport number covers that.
Alternatively, go and open an account with Zenith bank they will do the national identity registration for you there on the spot, no need for your international passport.

You don't know bank, they will open account for you easily with expired passport but when you want to collect money, you will smell pepper

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by duwdu: 10:02am On Jan 02, 2020
Breather77:
Hey everyone,
Thanks.

No. Until you provide another form of picture identification that is valid or renew your passport, there's no way to prove you're presently qualified to be accepted to open a bank account or the like.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Ashirioluwa: 10:11am On Jan 02, 2020
Breather77:
Hey everyone,
Thanks.
No
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by sleekbae: 10:12am On Jan 02, 2020
Oga, your passport number changes with passport renewal. I'm not saying what I feel like, I'm telling you what I know as that's my situation and I didn't apply for change of profile details.

Everyone gets their passport number changed, that's the standard.
TUANKU:

Not true. Your passport number does not change during renewal, it's permanent. Even your data page won't change during renewal, except you specifically apply for a change to your profile details which attracts extra charges.
The account they opened for me is not restricted, the aim of the data page is for identification and your passport number id you.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 02, 2020
Pastor no dey reject tithe and offering as banks no dey reject other people's cash; you're good to go
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by sleekbae: 10:15am On Jan 02, 2020
This girl you harsh o.
Ijaycool:
Short answer: No

Slightly longer answer: Absolutely No.

Long Answer: An expired passport is like a dead human. You have a history but you don't have a future.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 02, 2020
Breather77:
Hey everyone,
Thanks.

Do u eat expired food?
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by sleekbae: 10:17am On Jan 02, 2020
Pls you don't need any sure connect.
Go and renew it yourself to avoid stories that touch. I renewed mine for 29k in PH for standard 32pages. Don't know about Lagos price.
Gabson006:
Mine will expire this year July.

And any sure connect in Lagos or Ogun office

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by toprealman: 10:18am On Jan 02, 2020
Breather77:
Hey everyone,
Thanks.
Expired means no longer valid. Why put yourself in a mess
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by LordReed(m): 10:20am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

It changes or least mine changed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Jagudageh: 10:35am On Jan 02, 2020
Bro, you should not be able to use it as it is now invalid.

Breather77:

Hmmm, but this does not answer the question. undecided
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Afrocentric: 10:38am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:
Oga stop misinforming people. Its impossible
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by explosiveskull(m): 10:42am On Jan 02, 2020
merahki:

It is not a big deal, you will get there real soon. Just want it Have a nice life Happy 2020 to you and everyone
same to you sir and thank you.

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Rayd502(m): 10:48am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Passport number changes on renewal.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Twoclans(f): 10:50am On Jan 02, 2020
No you cannot

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Babara1994(m): 10:53am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:
You mean national identity card?
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by andyanders: 11:00am On Jan 02, 2020
AntiWailer:
No you cant.

Your means of identification must be VALID as at the point of use.

If u ever used an expired one, it is due to lack of due diligence by whoever collected it from you.

The bank would eventually be responsible for Ur invalid means of ID.
On point. The said a/c should be put on hold till all forms of iddentification has been rectified/updated. One must have a valid identification b4 an a/c is opened for operation. The guy who mentioned UBA is puting the officer that opened the a/c in problem.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by TUANKU(m): 11:02am On Jan 02, 2020
Babara1994:
You mean national identity card?
Yes
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by tpapa2(m): 11:05am On Jan 02, 2020
[quote author=Gabson006 post=85427111]Mine will expire this year July.

And any sure connect in Lagos or Ogun office[/quote
52k ( fifty two thousand naira only)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Customers Experience Heavy Traffic At A Shopping Mall (Photos, Video) / Reno Omokri: 'When You Meet A Wealthy Man, Don't Ask For Money' / Firstbank Introduces Contactless Naira Mastercard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.