Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? (25904 Views)

Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service / What Happens To My Money If I'm Robbed In A Bank While Waiting To Deposit? / Annoying Things That Happen Every Time You Have To Enter A Bank(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Babara1994(m): 11:06am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Yes
Wow...
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by johnmattew: 11:07am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Not true. Your passport number does not change during renewal, it's permanent. Even your data page won't change during renewal, except you specifically apply for a change to your profile details which attracts extra charges.
The account they opened for me is not restricted, the aim of the data page is for identification and your passport number id you.
my passport numbers changed

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by xtrim1: 11:14am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Not true. Your passport number does not change during renewal, it's permanent. Even your data page won't change during renewal, except you specifically apply for a change to your profile details which attracts extra charges.
The account they opened for me is not restricted, the aim of the data page is for identification and your passport number id you.
Olodo. You probably have never renewed your intl passport.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by TUANKU(m): 11:16am On Jan 02, 2020
xtrim1:

Olodo. You probably have never renewed your intl passport.
Thank you. I hope calling me olodo will make 2020 a good year for you? Enjoy you son of a badly dressed who.re.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by kareemkamil(m): 11:21am On Jan 02, 2020
Why not, because you have doomed head, how can you use something invalid or out of update for registration in bank. Village guy
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by xtrim1: 11:22am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Thank you. I hope calling me olodo will make 2020 a good year for you? Enjoy you son of a badly dressed who.re.
If you don't know something, you shut up. Let your head think for you not your fingers.

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Babadimimu2019: 11:23am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

I don't have intention to discredit your opinion. The Passport number of International passport changes. Attached is a copy of my passport showing the old number and the new one. Also most bank's started validating international passports in 2017. Some bank's may accept it and get a deferral from their compliance unit to open the account. I can assure you at some point, you will be required to provide a valid means of ID before such accounts can become fully operational.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Ugmama(m): 11:23am On Jan 02, 2020
In UBA Plc, you don't need to come to our office before you can open account. What is needed is just your BVN.

Dial *919*20# to open account with UBA.

Sol - 0047 is my branch Sol.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by TUANKU(m): 11:23am On Jan 02, 2020
xtrim1:

If you don't know something, you shut up. Let your head think for you not your fingers.
At least my fingers will be useful to your mother.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by TUANKU(m): 11:27am On Jan 02, 2020
Babadimimu2019:

I don't have intention to discredit your opinion. The Passport number of International passport changes. Attached is a copy of my passport showing the old number and the new one. Also most bank's started validating international passports in 2017. Some bank's may accept it and get a deferral from their compliance unit to open the account. I can assure you at some point, you will be required to provide a valid means of ID before such accounts can become fully operational.
Thank you for the information and the civil manner you presented it. Have a great year ahead.

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by donpeluchi(m): 11:40am On Jan 02, 2020
Bank accounts are to be opened with a VALID means of identification which can include drivers license, voters card, national ID and Int Passport. An expired means of identification is not a valid means of identification. The bank can however cut corners by opening an account with an expired document but risk regulatory sanctions if they are caught.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Olibboy: 11:48am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:
Just photocopy the data page and you're good. The main thing is to identify you and your passport number covers that.
I did same when mine expired and UBA still accepted it.
Alternatively, go and open an account with Zenith bank they will do the national identity registration for you there on the spot, no need for your international passport.
what is d requirements to register for National identity
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 02, 2020
Gabson006:

I will try and do that.
Just don't know the process

Take a passport photo (regular) and your old passport to your city Immigration Office and pay what they tell you
That’s it

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Roseey0(f): 12:01pm On Jan 02, 2020
The requirement is valid ID
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by AlphaMajestic: 12:03pm On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

is dis a joke or what..?
how can u be saying dis on a public forum...its possible u dnt even have any passport or bank account...u must be a shameless human being dat shdnt be on a public forum

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by TUANKU(m): 12:04pm On Jan 02, 2020
AlphaMajestic:

is dis a joke or what..?
how can u be saying dis on a public forum...its possible u dnt even have any passport or bank account...u must be a shameless human being dat shdnt be on a public forum
I shouldn't be on a public forum, where should i be? In your mother's bed? Go and vent your frustration on your state governor he is the one eating your commonwealth.

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by AlphaMajestic: 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

I shouldn't be on a public forum, where should i be? In your mother's bed? Go and vent your frustration on your state governor he is the one eating your commonwealth.

WILL U SHUT D HELL UP DUMB NlGGA...
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Lamasta(m): 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2020
lexy2014:

If a passport is expired, is d biodata on d passport expired?

Renewal should be the option before thinking of using same for official purpose like opening of account that's my saint except if the bank says otherwise
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by TUANKU(m): 12:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
AlphaMajestic:

WILL U SHUT D HELL UP DUMB NlGGA...
Not as dumb as the junkie who fathered you.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by lexy2014: 12:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
Lamasta:

Renewal should be the option before thinking of using same for official purpose like opening of account that's my saint except if the bank says otherwise

U didn't answer my question
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Lamasta(m): 12:24pm On Jan 02, 2020
lexy2014:

U didn't answer my question

Government that put expiry date on an I.D knows that before it expires there would have been changes in your biodata such as address or change of location, telephone number etc so biodata cannot be the same for 5 years except you no make progress as a person grin thats why banks call for update of account info regularly cos they know some data about You changes....
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by AlphaMajestic: 12:26pm On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Not as dumb as the junkie who fathered you.

Will u just go away from here pls...we dnt need a confident Imbeci1e here spreading dumb lies..some pple can actually be lead into problems cos of false informations like urs...go away from here pls am begging u..cant u see dat uv been exposed

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2020
AlphaMajestic:

is dis a joke or what..?

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 02, 2020
AlphaMajestic:

go away from here pls...we dnt need a confident slowpoke here spreading dumb lies..go away from here pls am begging u..cant u see dat uv been exposed

I don’t think there’s a point trying to correct the guy...he’s not only adamant over what is wrong.. he’s also defensive by insulting people’s mother and father.

I really dont get what it is....we have fun from time to time on Nairaland....but deliberately passing wrong information to people even after being told is what I don’t get....mayb he’s joking and we are the one not getting his joke....
Cos I’ve never seen something like this b4 even in crazy section like romance and politics with extreme trashy behaviour
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by lexy2014: 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
Lamasta:

Government that put expiry date on an I.D knows that before it expires there would have been changes in your biodata such as address or change of location, telephone number etc so biodata cannot be the same for 5 years except you no make progress as a person grin thats why banks call for update of account info regularly cos they know some data about You changes....

Do u have ur address and phone number on d biodata page of ur passport? What are d etc u are referring to? When do banks ask for "update of account info regularly"? What and what do they ask u to update?
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Lamasta(m): 12:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
lexy2014:

Do u have ur address and phone number on d biodata page of ur passport? What are d etc u are referring to? When do banks ask for "update of account info regularly"? What and what do they ask u to update?

Are You for real? when do banks ask for account update?
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by lexy2014: 12:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
Lamasta:

Are You for real? when do banks ask for account update?

Yes am for real. Pls answer d questions:

lexy2014:

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Yankee101: 12:58pm On Jan 02, 2020
Valid is the keyword
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Liftedhands(f): 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ugmama:
In UBA Plc, you don't need to come to our office before you can open account. What is needed is just your BVN.

Dial *919*20# to open account with UBA.

Sol - 0047 is my branch Sol.

Are you sure? I opened recently using the short code 919, got an account number and even sent money into it. However to check balance is an issue cos I'm being asked to sign up with my card number which I don't have. Any help?
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Ugmama(m): 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
Liftedhands:
Are you sure? I opened recently using the short code 919, got an account number and even sent money into it. However to check balance is an issue cos I'm being asked to sign up with my card number which I don't have. Any help?

Debit card is a sensitive device, hence you need to come to the business office to get it. Afterwards DSEs and Digital champions of UBA can set you up.

Just come along with a passport, valid ID and utility bill for a massive transaction account.

If not, only passport can do.

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by ImaIma1(f): 1:20pm On Jan 02, 2020
Breather77:

Thanks brother. I'll try zenith bank and see how it goes.

The data page has the expiry date.

Opening accounts was my job for about three years. So I can tell you that an expiry id cannot be used. Not even as an identity to withdraw from the bank with a cheque.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by tck2000(m): 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:
Just photocopy the data page and you're good. The main thing is to identify you and your passport number covers that.
I did same when mine expired and UBA still accepted it.
Alternatively, go and open an account with Zenith bank they will do the national identity registration for you there on the spot, no need for your international passport.
oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: 'When You Meet A Wealthy Man, Don't Ask For Money' / Firstbank Introduces Contactless Naira Mastercard / Top 10 Nigerian Brands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.