Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel (58527 Views)

Federal University Of Dutse SUG President Not Attending Lecture In A Convoy / Kaduna State University Suspends Bala A.B. Umar Over Sex For Marks / Drone Shot Of Adeleke University In Ede, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Tumbulum: 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2020
abdulkayus:

Just cos u don't know doesn't means u should buried ur empty in the sand of ignorance and hypocrisy. Alhikma University is not far from you if u are in the south, go there and check or ask whether there are Christians students or not?
Doe's it even make sense to you that a Christian will attend an Islamic university? We have covenant,Hallmark, redeemers,Babcock, Madonna and plenty others too numerous to mention. Again no Christian attend an Islamic university.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ademoore07:
I think it is absurd to suspend him. Im a christian too. Is my attendance at the chapel part of my academic grade? Saturdays should be a moment of rest. The university should be sued. If at the end of the day pardoned, local man should just work his transfer to any university of his choice.
The student will loose the case wholeheartedly reason been that he signed a contract knowing fully well what he was getting into. The school can't bend their rules to suit anyone that is why many students rarely apply to other faith based schools.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 4:15pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kfed4ril:

Madam you’re not getting the jerk.
Adeleke University is a private university based on 7th day Adventist Church curriculum.
You and I know that,
And again nobody forced him to go there, he applied to the university by himself knowing fully well the university is Christian aligned.
He got admitted and was given a handbook containing the rules and regulations and he still went ahead to pay the acceptance fees,
And now he is complaining, pls be realistic for once.
Madam I believe there is crescent university and some other Islamic universities even in the south west, the question you should ask is why didn’t he go there?
Just like me using my hand going to buy form for crescent university and after I’d be admitted I will come in social media to complain that there are forcing me to do Islamic things.

And don’t compare this to state government Abeg Nigeria to be a secular country but that secularism is only in the south because the north is full blown sharia laws (islamic)
But when a southern governor mentions that his state is Christian all hell will be let loose.
Exactly!
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by laidima88(m): 4:15pm On Jan 02, 2020
Gforce2019:

Show me one Muslim that contributed to the western education. They can only build on the structure that was already on the ground.
Your religion objected to western education that's reason why we have Boko Haram in Nigeria i.e the sects against western education.

The mongols muslims are the first to create the gun powder paving way to the modern warfare, nobody not even rome dares them, france and rome had to side with the ottomans fleet for their safety during 14th century, the retreat of ottomans at the gates of vienna and the scientific evolution of the 19th century led to the western claim of all this knowledge, they only build on our stolen knowledge, check for the contributions of muslims in egypt in science

Ive always and will continue to argue it
Western education is a scam
the west dnt own education, islam begins it through tenet of quran
The foundation of astronomy is from the quran
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 4:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
LegendHer0:

This is not a matter of being sentimental, it’s plain ridiculous that it was not mentioned on their school website that Adeleke university is a Christian school.

Remember the website most times if the first point of contact for students, maybe I’m using the USA Uni as my own line of reasoning tho.

I read the core value & mission and vision on their website and even tried exploring further but they projected the school like a secular school.
It is on their website just google the school to see more information
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by jefff455: 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
GeneralPula:
[b][/b]

7th day kor, 8th days ni!

Nah Davido Papa get the University!

Deji Adeleke
David dad owns the school but is run by the seventh day Adventist

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
ubecharles:
Incredulous. I refuse to believe this fake news. Attending chapel in universities shouldn't be compulsory, not even for true Christians
Then change to another university that doesn't allow such
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by jefff455: 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

What a rubbish is this?

When they want to register it was it called school or church? Don't you know different from school and church?

Later you Christian will be shouting Muslim don't tenorate, have you seen any Muslim school punish student for not attending mosque? Christian are evil and everybody know that.

Well I don't blame them, I blame Muslim who associate themselves with Christian
at this age of your life you are still a fool

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by packmoney(m): 4:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
When you are in Rome you behave like a Roman
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by davebiyi30: 4:24pm On Jan 02, 2020
Go to a Muslim university!
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by ezo4fta(m): 4:26pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kokoebapluse:
grin

Truly we re one in this country and we have religion telorance walai, but world is keeping quite over this nonsense from Christian? Muslim also have school and I have never hear or seen where Muslim force Christian to go to mosque in those schools, education is for all children here in Nigeria according to the law, but why school have to suspended a student from school because of religion are they the same? I think government should involve in this matter, was the school not build on government land that belongs to all of us? That building is it school or church?

But latter Christian will come here and shouting Muslim force religion on people but yet no muslim ever force any student to go mosque

I don't want to talk, am Yoruba Muslim we are the cool and calm that is why all this happened. Yoruba Christian pls let leave in peace and harmony that we live before, don't let us reject or build hate between ourselves, let school be school and church be church, pls
From ur writeup it is clear u are a northerner that schooled in the north. U are not yoruba.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 4:26pm On Jan 02, 2020
LegendHer0:

God will bless you.

This is what I was saying in my initial post. Even if the guy is a Christian why will he be forced to stand a chapel when he is not a kindergarten.

No compulsion in religion let alone in a university. The religious owned universitities in Nigeria both Muslims Nd Christian alike are running those universities like a cult group and NUC that is meant to regulate their activities seems not to care.
Any student not comfortable with such rules should quit those faith based universities. Nobody forced that kid to attend that university as there are thousands of universities in the world to attend. There are many private universities begging for students yet one student is causing mayhem on the internet as if he was forced. NUC only resolve issues like when schools disguise or trick people to sign contract. As it stand, I support the university wholeheartedly. Am disappointed in the student for foolishly signed a contract with that school
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 4:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
dominique:

Before the school opened, I saw their promos online. All I saw was low tuition private university and there would be a slash in fees for Ede indigenes. An elaborate article was written to hail Adeleke for building an affordable school in his town and creating employment for the Ede people. NO PART WAS IT STATED THE SCHOOL IS GOING TO BE STRICTLY FAITH BASED. We didn't get to know the school was going to force the students to strictly adhere to religious activities till the school started operating. With Babcock, Covenant, Bowen, Crescent, Al-Hikmah etc we knew they were religious schools. Those that enrolled there knew what they signed up for. What stopped Adeleke University from revealing the school's true modus operandi before collecting non-refundable fees from the students?
The picture below answers your query

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Omeizadean(m): 4:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
divicode:

Yes, check their website
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Omeizadean(m): 4:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
uninspired07:

You’re not a Christian. You’re lying.

Cos u re senseless and fanatical Christian?
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
Aboki99:
If the university were Islamic and a xtian student was suspended for not attending prayers in the mosque this would have been sensationalized, with low lives crawling out of their caves and spewing trash on Islam. However, because this does not align with their warped and jaundiced opinions on Islam, they have taken tactical sabbatical leave on Nairaland. In theory, muslims are painted as intolerant, in practice, some ppl truly take the crown.
Quick question: If a Christian goes to a Muslim school and asks to leave her hair uncovered. Will she be allowed?
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by RunThins: 4:36pm On Jan 02, 2020
uninspired07:

SMH. If we expose the motivation for this your comment now, Muslims will quickly label me a bigot.

Go & withdraw the license of the school.

The only motivation behind my comment is respect for the constitution of the country! No one should be discriminated against because of religion or ethnicity, or are those not the laws of the land? Before you start talking about Christian/Muslim schools, go find out from NUC; all licensed universities in Nigeria assented to obeying the laws of land. The Nigerian constitution gives an individual freedom to practice the religion of his choice, and attending chapel is not an academic prerequisite recognized by NUC for accreditation. An injustice is an injustice, doesn't matter who the perpetrators are! When we see an injustice, we need to point it out, be it perpetrated by Muslim, Christian, Atheist, Ogun or Amadioha followers!

Oh btw, follow me, so you will see that my motive is for a truly constitutional democratic country,North, South, East and West!!! Or go and SYH elsewhere, bigot! #effingbananarepublic!
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by ChoCho54(f): 4:38pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

Who is threating? The truth is like a war to christain what a evil people
You people said Western education is haram. What did you go to do in a christain school if not to cause problems
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by jefff455: 4:38pm On Jan 02, 2020
abdulkayus:

But it is wrong. Why force someone on religion. The Islamic universities I know in Nigeria don't force Muslims students to go to mosque talkless if the Christian students.
And Adeleke University never open up that they were a faith based university. This is deceit. Bowen, Babcock, Crescent, Covenant, Bingham, Redeem, Alhikma and AlQalam University all shows that they were faith based university right from the beginning. Why is Adeleke university own is different. I myself never knew that Adeleke university is a Christian based university until today.
shut up go to the school website

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Enemyofpeace: 4:39pm On Jan 02, 2020
It's parts if the rules of the school, if you can't obey it, then don't apply for it
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by ChoCho54(f): 4:39pm On Jan 02, 2020
Glare247:

Is adeleke university a faith based school? Are u alright ?
Yes it is.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by therajah: 4:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
Why not go to usman dan fodoo university
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Enemyofpeace: 4:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
jefff455:
shut up go to the school website
Don't mind those trouble makers
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Enemyofpeace: 4:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
therajah:
Why not go to usman dan fodoo university
I wonder o
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by jefff455: 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
FactualSpeech:
You go to a university owned by a church, pay huge sum as school fee being a private school then turn around to cry foul of not being allowed to practice your faith or being forced to attend their programs, are you nuts?

Some Christians will not even attend some schools cos of difference in doctrine talk less of you with a totally different faith

Collect your suspension jeje or jejely go write JAMB again.
the guy is just plain foolish he should collect his transcript and transfer to alhikmah

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by jefff455: 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
Glare247:

yes it is a Faith based school

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Enemyofpeace: 4:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
Glare247:

Yes it is. If you can't conform with the school rules and regulations, then forget about going to the school. No be by force to go there.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Enemyofpeace: 4:43pm On Jan 02, 2020
jefff455:
the guy is just plain foolish he should collect his transcript and transfer to alhikmah
abi o. Some muslims Just like looking for trouble unnecessarily
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Enemyofpeace: 4:44pm On Jan 02, 2020
ChoCho54:
You people said Western education is haram. What did you go to do in a christain school if not to cause problems
you dey mind them?

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by jefff455: 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
lenghtinny:

Crescent university too far sef....

Nasfat's fountain University dey Osogbo, he no go.

If you dey find secular university, go to a public university....
abi o oshogbo is just 15mins from ede

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by ChoCho54(f): 4:48pm On Jan 02, 2020
abdulkayus:

AlQalam University in Katsina and there are Christians there.
We know that type. Hijab wearing and quoran chanting christians upnorth.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by jefff455: 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

What nonsense are you saying? Where in the law of Nigeria students should be out of the school for not attending church?

Wait do you think everyone is a fool? My brother use your head, that school need to be close down and turn to church or school one must be,
mumu didn't he research about the school before going there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Girl Picked From The Slum Of Makoko To A School In Abuja At N1M Fee Annually / The Ancient Pyramids - I Know How It Was Built, Why It Was Built, Who Built It. / Private Universities In Nigeria And Their Current Tuition Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.