Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel (58526 Views)

Federal University Of Dutse SUG President Not Attending Lecture In A Convoy / Kaduna State University Suspends Bala A.B. Umar Over Sex For Marks / Drone Shot Of Adeleke University In Ede, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kingsean:
crap... you are a Muslim that don't wanna attend church programmes and u go to a Christian university. you are forming stubborn and crying everywhere. rubbish. if u cannot cope, don't attend the school. its a faith based school. its even on their website. i don't know why people are like this
That's how dey do... Always trooping into Christian school.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by majamajic(m): 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
hybridblood07:
It's quite simple sir.
My boss daughter was about entering a Catholic school,one of the staffs said she will be taught a lot things about Catholic doctrine for the time being in the school. They asked if they agreed to the rules and regulations, and they said yes!
I'm sure that same rules applies to some Christian universities.
I don't understand why some people can't abide to simple rules and regulations.

that it , this University is owned by Seventh Day Adventist a church just like Jehovah Witness , wetin him fin reach there if he can't keep to the rules , even me as a Christian will find this same University difficult.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
fraymite:
I am a Muslim, but I will rather ask Toheeb and other Muslims to quit this Adeleke University and go for a good Muslim private universities. Why are Muslims like going to Christian schools when there are good Muslim schools of equal standards? I sense that parents of Toheeb and others like this don't practice Islam every seconds. If they do they will not allow their wards to attend even a small tainted Christianity school talk less of strong ones. Parents should not be a Muslim by mere name, they should be a strong believer and this will let them have rethink of any plan they have for their children.

Meanwhile those abusing Toheeb I hope you will be able to use the same strength in abusing future john if he is found in any Muslim settings. I mean you will not call it tribalism or intolerance.
Harvard University is own by church
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Malcolm123: 3:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
Babaheekmat:

You be fool.
This he has known right from 100lvl. He didn't withdraw.
He has been going to the church since.

Now in final year he's complaining..

Going to church is same as going to shrine..

I don't send my kid to stupid institutions with insane laws

you are senseless for saying dat.....alot of Muslims went to christians school from kg till secondary ....dat as not make us less Muslims ....even government federal University sometimes operate lyk Christian School u hardly find Muslims lecturer maybe 1 or 2

going to church is not even Haram ...you need knowledge to practice islam not just frustration ......you may not send your children to skuls lyk dat wat about dat one way or the Oda found Dem selves there ...dey should just withdraw use sense nah
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Kokoebapluse(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
ChoCho54:
Stop the foolish threat please.

Who is threating? The truth is like a war to christain what a evil people
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by laidima88(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
No religion should pretend again, both christains and muslims are not tolerant, we jst dnt hav choice than to live together.
The xtains use force to force muslims from spain during the maghrib period like wise muslims did in some part so no religion should hide under one prince of peace to delude us
Jst remember this slogan after second world war

If we dnt want to die together in war, we hav to live together in peace
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by SirFemzy02: 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
Most people dont know about the rules and regulations of the so called faith based universities. I went to Jabu and I never knew their rules and regulations was so crazy
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by mrpackager(m): 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
Section 38 of Nigerian 1999 Constitution

(1) Every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, including freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom (either alone or in community with others, and in public or in private) to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and observance.

(2) No person attending any place of education shall be required to receive religious instruction or to take part in or attend any religious ceremony or observance if such instruction ceremony or observance relates to a religion other than his own, or religion not approved by his parent or guardian.

2 Likes

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Oches4me(m): 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
uninspired07:

I am Yoruba & Christian too but I don’t see any injustice done to the young man. What I see is a Muslim attempt to force their religion on Christian schools. Bros, do you know cresecent university, Sapon in Ogun State?

If yes, please enrol your Muslim wards there. Kosija ninu oro yi rara...
how? Ba student complaint he was suspended for praying is church and u are blaming muslim, pls have ur brain check.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by uninspired07: 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2020
Oches4me:
how? Ba student complaint he was suspended for praying is church and u are blaming muslim, pls have ur brain check.

The issue will be resolved amicably. It’s a non issue really.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by mrpackager(m): 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
mrpackager:
Section 38 of Nigerian 1999 Constitution

(1) Every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, including freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom (either alone or in community with others, and in public or in private) to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and observance.

(2) No person attending any place of education shall be required to receive religious instruction or to take part in or attend any religious ceremony or observance if such instruction ceremony or observance relates to a religion other than his own, or religion not approved by his parent or guardian.

He should sue the school for tramping on his fundamental human rights as contained in the Constitution.

Remember the Constitution is supreme and is a binding force on all individual irrespective of the Creed, tribe/Ehnic and Religion.

Also I know the school also has their own laws, Fine but as contained in the Constitution "
If any other law is inconsistent with the provisions of this Constitution, this Constitution shall prevail, and that other law shall, to the extent of the inconsistency, be void.

#CASE SETTLED

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by mozzking: 3:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
Quality20:
why can't d boy change to Christianity,since that's what CAN,xtians, and polytheists want. I don't know why Yoruba Muslims prefer ethnic - tribal affiliations more than religious affiliations . Can't they take a cue from their Yoruba xtians?
Because that was how it was supposed to be untill religion divided us
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 3:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kingsean:
crap... you are a Muslim that don't wanna attend church programmes and u go to a Christian university. you are forming stubborn and crying everywhere. rubbish. if u cannot cope, don't attend the school. its a faith based school. its even on their website. i don't know why people are like this
Yeah
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 3:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
samsard:
You're not making sense. Maybe the government should ban all these churches and mosques masquerading as universities to stop the general foolishness of Nigerians.
Did they force or coerce any to attend such schools?
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by BabaO2: 3:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kingsean:
terrorism is in their blood

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2020
LegendHer0:

You are saying rubbish. Why did they accepted a Muslim into their institution in the first place?

Why is a university even making it compulsory for students to attend churches when they are not kindergartens. This also applies to the Christians in the institution, so I will always need to be at the chapel everytime even if it’s against my will?

Government need to change some laws governing these private universities coz these guys are currently managing them like a cult group.
Why did the student accept the offer in the first place knowing fully well that it is a faith based school?
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Difrent: 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2020
ItooWorWor:

You must be high on oshogbo weed, schools don't care if you are a muslim or christian once you applied that means you accept their rules and regulation, so you can't blame the school.
Pele
It's not only oshogbo weed, it's entire south west. Greedy folk like them Adelekes.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2020
Oches4me:
the quy said he was forced to attend christain prayer.
Because the rule is that every student must go

That's the rule

If he's not okay with it because of his religion he should go to another school.in my school Muslim pray inside school at the back of a lecture theater and we Christian pray also inside school.

One of my friend sis went to a school in my state and they told her she has to wear hijab but she's a Christian so they left to school.
It's not personal
It is just the rules.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by abdulkayus(m): 3:48pm On Jan 02, 2020
Gforce2019:

We are saying the same thing. Islamic came to build on what the Jews have started. Also , there are some Nigerians that have contributed immensely to the growth and development of western education across the globe. But the fact remains that some sects among your religion organization disapprove western education.

Which sect? No Islamic sect disapprove western education. They even encourage it. Do u know that in Islam, it is compulsory to seek for education. It was even revealed in the holy Qur'an that Muslims should seek for education as far as China, in those days, China is one of the furthest city to the Islamic world. In the Islamic sect that I know such as Sunni, Shiat, Ahmadiyya, Tijjaniyya, Kadiriyya, Sufi and many others, none of them discourage western education.
Don't mistook Boko haram as a sect in Islam, cos that is the mistake most of u do.
U guys look at Islam with the prism of Boko haram even when Muslims vehemently denied them but some of u still conjoin them to Islam,maybe to satisfy the hypocrisy and hatred against Islam.
If truly Islam discourage western education, more Higher institutions wouldn't be open in the North. In Kano alone, there are more than 10 higher institutions and more are being plan to be open also.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 3:50pm On Jan 02, 2020
Iamsolslim:
I'm also a student at that same school,b4 u get admission they make it look like neutral school for all religion. but omo when u enter nah then u go kno what up.
Probably that is what the writer wants to achieve however he made a mistake without making thorough inquiries before accepting the offer. With the prevalence of social media like facebook, twitter, nairaland etc, he wouldn't have made that mistake.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by abdulkayus(m): 3:53pm On Jan 02, 2020
Tumbulum:
stop lying empty head because no Christian goes to Islamic university when we have plenty church owned universities scattered all over the country.

Just cos u don't know doesn't means u should buried ur empty in the sand of ignorance and hypocrisy. Alhikma University is not far from you if u are in the south, go there and check or ask whether there are Christians students or not?
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 3:54pm On Jan 02, 2020
Birchi33:
Watch and see Stupidity from my Christian Brothers if it happens something like this to a christian in any northern or any Muslim Majority state.
Just rcently a yahoo pastor accused Muslims of forcing Christians girls to marry them.
What is wrong with us IJN��
Madam the essay article said the student willingly enter into a contract with the university to abide by its rules. Secondly it is a private university not public like we see in the North.
Thirdly the student had the option to switch to another school if he wasn't comfortable with the school rules. Fourthly the student should have made inquiry before accepting the offer
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 3:56pm On Jan 02, 2020
Aboki99:
If the university were Islamic and a xtian student was suspended for not attending prayers in the mosque this would have been sensationalized, with low lives crawling out of their caves and spewing trash on Islam. However, because this does not align with their warped and jaundiced opinions on Islam, they have taken tactical sabbatical leave on Nairaland. In theory, muslims are painted as intolerant, in practice, some ppl truly take the crown.
In this case the student is at fault so leave Islam or Christianity out of the equation
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 3:57pm On Jan 02, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

But to be honest, say the truth, if this was the other way round would you say this?

Just an honest question, no sentiments attached
The other way round would be if it was a public university not private.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Alanpoza007: 3:59pm On Jan 02, 2020
Empiree:
you are a liar. You would never be forced to pray jummah with them. Yes, you may be required to take Arabic course. Again, it's all depends on which course you enrolled in. But praying jummah by force with them?. Na you lied.
I don't need stupid people quoting me. We're talking Nursery and Primary school, you're talking about courses enrolled in. You must be a dunce to talk about enrolling for courses in a Nursery and Primary school.Do you want to know my own personal experience for me? I gave specifics of the school name and location so you could go find out. I'm talking about the 80s here.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Legendguru: 4:00pm On Jan 02, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by abdulkayus(m): 4:00pm On Jan 02, 2020
uninspired07:

Mr. Abdulkayus, since you insist that Christians go to Muslim schools despite many corroborative assertions to the contrary, what do you want Adeleke University to do on this issue?

They shouldn't force the Muslim students to go to church. And it should be widely announced that Adeleke university is a faith based university. I for example never knew that it was a faith based university until today. And alot of people are still in ignorance and thinking that Adeleke university is a secular university. The management promote the school and advertise the school as something of a low tuition fee and secular university. Even many christains don't know that Adeleke university is a faith based university. But we have all learn that today. Babcock, Redeemers, Covenant, Alhikma, Crescent, fountain, Bingham University and some others are well known faith University. Any Muslim or Christian who seek admission into them knows what he is signing into.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by laidima88(m): 4:00pm On Jan 02, 2020
Gforce2019:

Show me one Muslim that contributed to the western education. They can only build on the structure that was already on the ground.
Your religion objected to western education that's reason why we have Boko Haram in Nigeria i.e the sects against western education.

U must be ignorant of history, search for the contribution of islam in mathematics and astronomy,
Baghdad was the most civilized city then, all books on rudiment of science and other field was taken from there to europe, earlier surgeons are muslims , also check for the civilization of muslims in spain in civil engineering and others
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2020
dominique:
The school should have revealed that they're a strict faith based institution before admitting students. Their ads only showed that their aim was to build an affordable private university for the middle class. We assumed it was another ABUAD or Lead City uni with cheaper fees. No part did they say it was faith based only for them to start forcing their beliefs on students after collecting fees. A lot of students would have withdrawn if inter-university transfer was possible amongst private schools.
Madam google the university yourself

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2020
Amalekki:
Sorry, student.

This is between you & the school. Nigeria is constitutionally a secular country. If you don't understand what this means, go to court but I advise you don't waste time & money. Your elders attended missionary schools & mingled with other faiths as part of their personal development as well-rounded individuals useful to God and man without any issue.

Examples:
The late Oyo Governor Lam Adeshina was chapel prefect at Loyola College Ibadan. He was and died a muslim.
The Alaafin of Oyo was active in the school chapel at St Gregory's College Lagos.

You are in no way more knowledgeable about faith than these people.
But would some Nigerians understand this?

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
bluebay:
Am..a Christian and I'll say I don't support this. You can't force the Muslims to go to school chapel. How will you feel if your daughter who is a Christian to me forced to pertake in mosque activities? The suspensions is totally uncalled for and am certain it won't end well for the school, if this case goes viral .
Since you are a Christian then am disappointed at your comment. That school has rules so why should the student rebel?
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by ebuclassic18(m): 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2020
Oches4me:
by forcing student to follow ur adeology.
is rules and regulations not force

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Girl Picked From The Slum Of Makoko To A School In Abuja At N1M Fee Annually / The Ancient Pyramids - I Know How It Was Built, Why It Was Built, Who Built It. / Private Universities In Nigeria And Their Current Tuition Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.