Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Monogamy Is Unnatural - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Monogamy Is Unnatural (1800 Views)

Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy / Agony Of Monogamy / Monogamy Is Evil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by bukatyne(f): 3:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
The imposition of monogamy was just another step in the pussification and emasculation of men.

It is only in monogamy that God's vision and plan for marriage will be fulfilled.

I will however admit that in polygamy, a man's needs for sex, attention, respect and recognition is more often than not met without hassles. cheesy
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by crackhaus: 5:13pm On Jan 05, 2020
bukatyne:

Is the OP talking about monogamy as per marriage or monogamy as per sexual partners?
Mono'gamy' and poly'gamy' are terms meant to be used strictly within the context of marriage[gamy ~ gamos(Greek)].

The term for having multiple sexual partners is Polyamory and anyone in a sexual relationship with just one partner is exclusive or committed, not monogamous.
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 05, 2020
bukatyne:

It is only in monogamy that God's vision and plan for marriage will be fulfilled.

I will however admit that in polygamy, a man's needs for sex, attention, respect and recognition is more often than not met without hassles. cheesy

You have come again with your undefined, unestablished theories.

Which one is God's vision and plan for marriage again? Marriage is a social construct whose rules have evolved over the tens of thousands of years of mankind's existence to ensure mutually equitable conditions suitable for propagation and nurture of progeny; the essence of specie existence.
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by patani(m): 7:52am On Jan 06, 2020
Mstick:
When ever men talk about monogamy being unnatural they do so out of pure selfishness because they only expect monogamy from a woman not themselves.

Have you checked the word 'monogamy' from the dictionary before commenting?

Single or multiple marriage partner for women are described by another word entirely, madam 'let me sound inteligent'
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by MurderX: 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
cococandy:
You made some good points.

However, nature also endowed us with higher intelligence for a reason. Balance is key.

Over procreation will surely lead to diminished resources and reduced lifespan. Controlled population might be one of the reasons why the human race is still here today, Considering how destructive we are to Mother Earth. Let us explode and see how mama gets angry and wipes us off her surface. I really believe that.

The most optimal solution would be a population suited to available resources.

Monogamy while it may be unnatural for us to deliberately seek it, comes with it an order that would disappear if random procreation with different mates were to be the norm.

Unless of course one gender wants to claim themselves polygamous while maintaining that the other is monogamous. Thus brewing resentment and inequality.
You answered yourself in the statement "Let us explode and see how mama gets angry and wipes us off her surface".
We deceive ourselves to think that we own nature, when you take one here from nature, you give one there back to nature - matter cannot not be created or destroyed at worst it is converted to energy. Man does not have what it takes to own nature, he can refine, redesign, redistribute or develop nature by converting or transforming it from one form to another but he cannot determine nature, Man is material and a subject of the material world.
If you overpopulate nature will trim you, if you underpopulate nature will punish you, the optimum population at any given time is determined by mother nature and not our science.
I maintain that the natural order for procreation is superior to the unnatural and sociocultural, religious requirement for marriage.
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by bukatyne(f): 9:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
MurderX:

You answered yourself in the statement "Let us explode and see how mama gets angry and wipes us off her surface".
We deceive ourselves to think that we control nature, when you take one here from nature, you give one there back to nature - matter cannot not be created or destroyed at worst it is converted to energy. Man does not have what it takes to control nature, he is material and a subject of the material world. If you overpopulate nature will trim you, if you underpopulate nature will punish you, the optimum population at any given time is determined by mother nature and not our science.
I maintain that the natural order for procreation is superior to the unnatural and sociocultural, religious requirement for marriage.

You are responding to a quote of 9 months? shocked shocked shocked shocked

I have seen someone I am better than. cheesy grin
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by MurderX: 10:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
bukatyne:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Walahi I just saw that response.
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by angelfallz(m): 10:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
bukatyne:

Lol. it happens sometimes, you wouldn't know it's an old thread. it happens to me as well.
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by bukatyne(f): 10:05pm On Sep 30, 2020
angelfallz:

Lol. it happens sometimes, you wouldn't know it's an old thread. it happens to me as well.

I resurrect old threads, he just responded to a quote cheesy

1 Like

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by bukatyne(f): 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2020
MurderX:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Walahi I just saw that response.

Chai! I am better than you grin tongue

Cc: angelfallz

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Male Virginity. / What Good Is My Marriage If My Husband Treats Outsiders Better Than Me?-pls Advi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.