Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,596 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover (1673 Views)

How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? / Apostle Suleman: My Spiritual Son Landed In France 'Supernaturally' / "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 11:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]

Hi People smiley

It feels good to be here, I recently had a space in the Diaries Section, and eventually I deemed it fit to as well own a space in this section as well, for personal purpose, as well as to bless others as well.

Okay! so have had a series of back and forth in my quest to attaining spiritual maturity, dying to self, spiritual stability and consistency. Really! there are times am not just feeling like it, like there's this just numb feeling.

I have come to realise the need to live for Christ, first what's life without Him, "The Father", I guess such life is as empty as a living/walking dead.

So my 2019, blessed me with amazing people, blessed people, giants, whose life ignited the passion in me to want to strive to grow, never to relent, to live as Christ lived.

One of the thing I was grateful to God for in the last year, was a privilege to connect with this people, how the dot got connected, Really! I'm still in awe.

I remember I use to know Apostle Joshua Selman, but I got to know about his ministry " Koinonia'' ENI, better in the last year (2019).

His teachings are indeed profound.

I got connected to Gethsemane Platform, by P.Daniel Olawande, it's a Whatsapp group for believers, and activities, such as teachings, praying and fasting are held. We recently concluded YMR' 19 (Young Minister's Retreat), in December 2019.

The theme for 2020 has been dropped already, "Grow in this thy might", the spirit of the Lord is indeed one.

And I also got connected to TP family (Turning Point), by P. Femi Emmanuel.

I also decided to get discipled with a community of believers as well, I realised the importance of fellowshipping with the brethren, even the Bible told us never to despise the gathering. We're on to a great start already, and am getting on track as well.

These are the best things happening to me tight now in the start of this decade.

I hope to look back someday with fulfillment in my heart saying " Thank God i met the right people, Thank God i made this personal decision, Thank God i realize the essence of the growth systems, Thank God for my life purpose which is to love Christ, grow in the knowledge of Him, share Him (Christ) as well, and serve Him through His church, and to lead my family, friends as well as others to do the same.

Really! I hope to enjoy this smooth ride with y'all by sharing what am learning, learnt, whatever I consider edifying and all.

#Proverbs 27:17
#Die to Self
#Spiritual Makeover
#love and light

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 11:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]

I stumbled on this APT! note, and i thought to share, it will bless you, like it did to me.

PROPHETIC NOTE: (By Mike Bamiloye)

**THEY ARE COMING!***
Hear me, I have Fathers in Ministry,
And I am a Father in Ministry to Many.
Hear me, People.
There is a Pride of Lions,
A Swarm of Bees,
An Army of Spiritual Foot Soldiers,
A Spiritually Angry and hungry Youths,
Coming behind Us,
Carrying the Fire that is bigger than the Ones we carried.
Highly Intelligent.
Many of them Have kept themselves like Joseph.
Many of them are highly schooled and fearless like Daniel.
Many of them are like Solomon,
Products of Immoral and UnGodly Backgrounds,
But had obtained Mercy and abundant Grace.
Many of them are like Jephthar,
A vagabond and wanderer coming back home,
And had obtained Favor and Power from Heaven
To Lead Battles and win Wars!

They are coming behind Us!
They are Youths and Young, but Strong!
They Tongue and Communicate with Heavens.
They are never afraid of Fasting and
Waiting long in the place of Prayers.
They have been Graced and Favored to do so.

They carry the Fire that is bigger than the Ones we carry.
They are being raised by God to touch
Their peers, their colleagues, their mates;
Those their fathers are too Old Schooled to touch.
They shall speak their languages.
They shall speak in Chaldean Language.
They shall speak in Median and Persian languages.
They shall sing strange Heavenly songs.
Their spiritual Chanting will command devils’ attention!
They shall speak the Word and Dissect its meanings!

They shall pull down Heaven to earth.
They shall make the Heaven kiss the Earth
In the heart of the Youths.
The Youths shall listen to them.
The Youths shall obey their Voice.
The Lord shall give them the hearts
Of their Peers and Friends.

They are Fulfillment of the Joel 2:28 Prophesy.
They shall see visions.
They shall prophesy.
They shall speak with new languages.
They shall speak the mind of God.
They are Answers to the Age long Prayers.
They are reserved for the time and
They are reset for this Purpose.

They shall Manifest in different formats.
They shall appear on different Platforms.
The Lord shall reveal them from various Gifts and Calling.
They shall appear in Music.
They shall appear in Drama.
They shall appear in Teaching.
They shall appear in Pastoring.
They shall appear in Administrations and Leadership.
The power of God shall overshadow them.

BUT….!
BUT….!
BUT…..!
But let them listen and lend me their hears!
They MUST NOT FALL WHERE MANY OF US FELL.
They MUST NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE MANY OF US MADE!
They must RUN FROM PRIDE!
Because God Resist the Proud,
but gives Grace to the Humble.
God looks at the Pride afar off.
They must RUN AWAY FROM FAME!
They should never fall into the trap of Youth Praise Singers!
They should never allow their Youth followers
To push them into Arrogance, and Disrespect to the Fathers.
Was it not these Fathers that prayed you all into reality?

They must RUN AWAY FROM LOVE OF MONEY.
It will drain the Anointing
And turn the Calling into Empty Shells.
Desire for Wealth will make them
Turn Stones to Bread At the Devil’s Command.
They MUST RUN AWAY FROM IMMORALITY.
For those who bear the Vessels of the Lord
Must depart from Iniquities and be Holy.
Sin drains the OIL.
Immorality stains the Garment
And makes the Power leaks.
It makes One to lose the Divine Favor and Backing.

Are they all Listening to me?
Can Somebody send them this Message?
Does anyone know any of these Young Soldiers
And help them with this Word from God?
These Vibrant Youths that are receiving
The Batons of Continuity From their Fathers,
Are they listening to Me?

Is Joshua Selman listening?
Is Lawrence Oyor and PK Daniel Listening?
Is Gabriel Clement and Femi Lazarus Listening?
Is Iyke Oriaku and Caleb Dada Listening?
Is Suleman Lawal and Kenny Omole Hearing?
Is Michael Orokpo and Theophilus Sunday Listening?
Is Steve Crown Listening?
Is JudiKay and Mercy Chinwo Listening?

I don’t know many of them.
But let the ones I know inform the Ones I don’t know.
There are many of them in Music now.
There are many of them in Drama now.
There are many of them coming up in Film Productions now.
Spoken Word Artistes that arrest the Stage
And Spellbound the Audience in the Name of the Lord.
There are many of them in Teaching ministry now.
Let the Ones I know tell the Ones I don’t know!
That, the Destinies of Millions of Youths is seeking to
Receive from the Elishas who had received from Elijahs.
They are Coming!
(By: Mike Bamiloye)

#spice up the hunger
#fan the flame
#be prepared

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hello guys!

Thanks for the views, it kind of give me a confidence that Yeah! I have an audience, aside from my own personal motive. Thanks to y'all.

Okay! so have been on a smooth ride starting the week, have been able to keep up, am accountable, Really! I discover writing my thoughts, my ideas, and all is actually helping to a great extent.

My mental development area of learn for the week was "Growth MINDSET" (**GM for short).

I would love to briefly talk about this, and I also got 2 articles from Harvard Business Review (HBR), which I would all together summarise in one or two lines.

Alright! When am asked in my sleep, 'Hey babe!, what do you understand by a growth mindset??, what comes to my mind is, A growth mindset is a optimism and positive mindset that make me believe that Yeah! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, I can go further, it's a mindset that I can be good at "Anything" I wanna be, having set my heart towards it.

It is also a mindset that if I follow the law of process religiously, Gbam! I'm made.
One thing, GM allows you to yakevit easy on yourself, Why?? because to grow, it takes a process, it take steps, it takes determination to eventually become a Mastery.

Really! Rome wasn't built in a day.
I actually studied Accounting, but then overtime I realised am kinda having a passion in the techy space, what to do?? So I am thinking of obtaining a transferrable skill in the envisaged techy space, **Good right?? So what processes do I need to follow in order to gain a mastery, prolly opt for online courses, professionals in the field, etc

First, there was a passion right??

My HBR summary;

The writer said, everyone is actually a mixture of both a Fixed and a Growth Mindset, Really! angry but the mixture continually evolves overtime.

He said there is absolutely nothing as a 'Pure' GM, **like it literally doesn't exist, #fact, which must be acknowledged in order to attain the benefits we seek. **This got me thinking.

Let me briefly talk about the 2 mindsets;
He said individuals who believe their talent can be developed through hard work, good strategies and inputs from others, actually have a GM.

While individuals who believe their talent are innate gifts have a FM.

It is however very crucial to note that a GM tends to achieve more than a FM, because all of a GM person's energy is channelled towards "LEARNING".

However, we have some fixed mindset triggers in the growth zone, which must be identified and worked on consciously and deliberately.

Okay! this is just a summary from one of the 2 articles for my read, hope to do the other on Sunday evening (**that's tomorrow).

****"****That's that about that, let's share knowledge together, Proverbs 27:17

So....I finally decided to work with 12:30am as my Quiet Time, my turning point message drops at 12:05am (**max everyday), my line manager is so super active, he ensures I get my message timely. (**Kudos to whoever the person is). I ensure I listen to it as soon as I receive it, compared to last year, that I don't listen to it frequently.

The spiritual growth charge for the week was " Fellowshipping with the Holy spirit", Effective Quiet Time Routine, and Journaling.

Sincerely, the journaling aspect is helping me tbh, and am enjoying every bit of it. Then this week, I got this text thrice from 3 different preachers, Psalms 90:12, I was wowed, like the spirit of God is indeed one.

I got 2 messages for my hearing, one was from Papa Ade (My closest friend, the Holy spirit)_ and the second by Apostle J. Selman (Intimacy with the Holy spirit).

All I wanted to do first, was listen to Apostle first, since am so accustomed to his teachings and all, but I found myself doing that of Papa Ade, Chai!

I was literally blushing in the spirit, like Really! there's nothing like befriending this person, am telling you. Baba made so many illustrations, I was relating in my head, like, asif I was there.

I was shocked when he made a ref to the gift of the discernment of spirits, and Voila! That's a yearning gift I have on my spiritual growth goals for the year.

My night was made yesternight (**I heard there's no English word as such), dhurr! Who cares??

Then nature took it's effect, I felt fulfilled.

#Holy Spirit my Duo
#Spiritual Makeover

[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Oppy4God(f): 2:06pm On Jan 08, 2020
Muyiwamary:
[color=#000099][/color]

Hi People smiley

It feels good to be here, I recently had a space in the Diaries Section, and eventually I deemed it fit to as well own a space in this section as well, for personal purpose, as well as to bless others as well.

Okay! so have had a series of back and forth in my quest to attaining spiritual maturity, dying to self, spiritual stability and consistency. Really! there are times am not just feeling like it, like there's this just numb feeling.

I have come to realise the need to live for Christ, first what's life without Him, "The Father", I guess such life is as empty as a living/walking dead.

So my 2019, blessed me with amazing people, blessed people, giants, whose life ignited the passion in me to want to strive to grow, never to relent, to live as Christ lived.

One of the thing I was grateful to God for in the last year, was a privilege to connect with this people, how the dot got connected, Really! I'm still in awe.

I remember I use to know Apostle Joshua Selman, but I got to know about his ministry " Koinonia'' ENI, better in the last year (2019).

I got connected to Gethsemane Platform, by P.Daniel Olawande, it's a Whatsapp group for believers, and activities, such as teachings, praying and fasting are held. We recently concluded YMR' 19 (Young Minister's Retreat), in December 2019.

The theme for 2020 has been dropped already, "Grow in this thy might", the spirit of the Lord is indeed one.

I also decided to get discipled with a community of believers as well, I realised the importance of fellowshipping with the brethren, even the Bible told us never to despise the gathering. We're on to a great start already, and am getting on track as well.

These are the best things happening to me tight now in the start of this decade.

I hope to look back someday with fulfillment in my heart saying " Thank God i met the right people, Thank God i made this personal decision, Thank God i realize the essence of the growth systems, Thank God for my life purpose which is to love Christ, grow in the knowledge of Him, share Him (Christ) as well, and serve Him through His church, and to lead my family, friends as well as others to do the same.

Really! I hope to enjoy this smooth ride with y'all by sharing what am learning, learnt, whatever I consider edifying and all.

#Die to Self
#Spiritual Makeover
#love and light

Good Afternoon sis, thank God for this, can you help me by adding me to the whatapp group , Gethmane. or the link. thanks

1 Like

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 9:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
**†*****************
So I'm literally trying to dust off the cobwebs in here, like meeehn!

I'm a terrible person, **sarcasm����
Nothing much though, have just being so lazy to put up my progress stuffs and all, but I'd try to adjust, Really!

Okay! so i saw a message from **Oppy4God, hello miss�, I'm so sorry i didn't get to see the mention, not until this night i got in, I'm sorry, i had like to send you the link as soon as i reach out to the admin, so ��

Yesterday night, i had to write a to-do list, and one of it was to stop by today, like today, am so glad i did........

So!!!...January went well basically, i got my discipler to check on me on the 1st, that was Saturday right, so normally it has become a routine that he/she do check up on me every Saturdays, so he reach out via WhatsApp VN, have some discussion and all. So this last Saturday, 1st, we really had a lengthy talk like, i myself was like 'wow! I really spent time, i think like 45:15pm thereabout, so we basically talked on my goals this year, like how farprogress, how is it going and all??, in all phases right, the spiritual goal, mental, relationship, finance, health and all.

So we start to pick them one after the other, it was quite tasking, but then worthwhile, I'm so glad i have some am accountable to.
That's all Yeah!

So!.....
On 31st January was Koinonia January Miracle Service, i did well to connect in the spirit ✨✨✨, i already downloaded a Mixlr App, so i can always do an app connection instead of having to go online. A day before i already got the link for the online filling of our prayer requests and all. So i joined the service online, and trust me it's worth the data usage.
In the course of the week, i think, ���
No no i think inthe course of the service, thus song by Dunsin Oyekan was played "breathe", i used to have it before i got my new phone, then all my song (i do guard jealously), I don't know how and when i formatted my SDcard, it pained me eehn!, but not bad, i try getting them one after the other, as i remember i go to my mp3 site to download seamlessly, then i wanted to download the breathe, then i saw a song "Do to me what you want by him", i was just like, let me get it, because the title looks so familiar, ask me why??

Apostle in the course of his teachings do sing and all, so i got to know "do to me what you want", just a two line song actually, that's all i know about the song, so having downloaded that by Dunsi, immediately i played it without wasting time, guess whattttt readers?? That song apostle sings was culled from Dunsin's song, i was elated like, you know now listening to the song from top to bottom, it's a great song actually, i was overwhelmed, I couldn't contained what i stumbled on.

Just today too again, another song i discovered was from Dalyop Gwom "Season of Kings"......
Apostle is just so blessed, and a blessing am telling you, i saw one of the graphics from the concluded January Miracle Service, baba was practically rolling on people's hand written prayer requests papers. Tell me why God won't just be provoked to answer his own people. ��

So I'm just honing my hunger and thirst for the deep things, my fellowship with the Holy Spirit, my passion for righteousness. In January i learnt so many things really. One was to wait, waiting is a process right, I have learned and learning to wait, it may sound hard right??, but then i want to hear what he is saying per time, per seconds, involve Him,

I want to write more, but laziness won't respect me..

So in January, i read a book halfway, not good����
I will try again, Yeah! I encourage you to read a book, so crucial please. Plus, i retreated on 31st, my discipler encouraged me to, and i did, Made Sense!! I look forward to it henceforth.

Also, i listened to an Apostles message, that he really emphasized on it, like as Christian's it's good to retreat, he does it as well, he really talked on it extensively.

I'm a work-in-progress really, and one thing, lol, there's actually a song by hillsong called "One Thing", please listen, the lyrics are powerful, in the 2nd week of January, i was troubled, then a line in the song dropped on my mind, i swear that was like my first time, my normal sef was like, wooh! I had an interview, so many things running in my mind, as all my mind is where i was going, but trust me, i was propelled again, i sucuumb, then look up the lyrics, then guess whattttt, soothing lyrics, soothing song, i found rest, I rested!

God speaks undoubtedly!
There's nothing like a life to live for Him
I have a diary in the diary section, "my life is not near perfect, but trust me, i am learning to lay it down, I'm learning to Wait, I'm learning to shine unapologetically, I'm learning to make every moment count, I'm learning to love my maker, my Jesus, my Father as that!!!!�����

#✨love & light ✨[i][/i]

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 11:44am On Feb 27, 2020
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Right now, it seems nothing is working for me, like everything seems numb, I'm telling you, but i know I'm going to push through, and look back like, oh yeah! I once felt like this and that, now in the past.

At times i-we doubt our Father's profound love, we seems to forget how enormous and intense this love is, and even the devil try to mess with our heads, thoughts and all, but trust me, "The only thing the devil can do is lie, he doesn't even know the truth, even if he know the truth, he can only lie about it"...

This song resonates my spirit this time, and reminds me of my Father's love for me.

Love like Fire �����
Song by Hillsong Worship

#die daily
#spiritual death
#sold out

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 12:17pm On Feb 27, 2020
I was writing in my journal, then my eyes rolled to this affirmed and engraved words, beneath the journal.

1 Like

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2020
This song lines by minstrel Theophilus Sunday though....
I'm apparently finding solace, peace and comfort.

Check it too if you not feeling at ease.

I'm coming with contents and update ohhhh....
Just let me finish this exams first... it's here already

1 Like

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
****************************"************
Hello beloved!��

He is risen! Christ is Risen! Doxa!!!�����He is risen indeed! O beloveth, is not eternity too short a time to praise him?

What we can give with worship is no match for what he deserves. For the honor due his name, I break my song to write you. I have just received word of the enemy’s movements against your young man. I must hasten to the point prematurely.

Lucifer, as cowardly and as crafty as he is, seeks to strip the world of our Master’s glorious resurrection. In his hands, the unparalleled spectacle, the divine detonation — indeed, the exclamation point of all history — would float in their minds as the vague add-on, some shining triviality, some beautiful irrelevance. He aims his arrows at the heart.

We need not wonder why: God broke his jaws with it. Our Master, his people’s sin, and death traveled into the tomb together — only our Lord returned. I can still recollect overhearing the strained shrieks and hisses when the light shone into that empty tomb on the third morning. The devil’s short-lived mockery turned to horror. His once-beautiful voice snarled directions about how they were to cover it up. As demons scrambled, heaven thundered: Hallelujah!

******Hear the Empty Tomb

On that first Resurrection Sunday, he scurried to ever so pitifully pay the soldiers to lie that the disciples stole the body (Matthew 28:12–15). Today, however, his sleight of hand takes subtler forms. He busily attempts to distract even the redeemed from the great spectacle, dangling a bunny and some chocolate eggs before them.

It is your great duty and delight to bring your man to the empty tomb and show forth its commanding relevance. Three points to begin with.

1. Forgiveness Proven

Your man is often storm-tossed and robbed of holy cheerfulness because he does not consider the empty tomb with regards to his sin. O Toviel, show him again and again — and not just on Easter — the wonder of the great rise after the plunge!

Remind him that our Master didn’t just invade his own creation, making camp among them as a man, but he plunged to the bottom of that dark, dark, seemingly bottomless abyss of God’s righteous wrath to save him.

Every step of our Master’s breathtaking journey took him closer to this raging sea. We couldn’t believe it. When the time was right, he plunged in — alone — even as those who remained on land chanted, “Crucify him! Crucify him!” “He saved others; he cannot save himself” (Matthew 27:42). (But for his command to stand down, we would have charged through the gates and silenced them.)

Farther down he went.

Down, down, down, into depths of darkness unknown to men or angels. And at the bottom, where all is blackest, we could only hear him cry, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” — a lament we have never heard the likes of before or since. When he gave his final gasp, all of heaven went silent.

For three long days, the waters stood still. Creation held its breath. His disciples wept.

But on the morning of the third day, ripples crept across the water. From the unseen bottoms, he rose. “It was not possible for him to be held by the pangs of death!” (Acts 2:24). Heaven erupted. Graves opened. He who condemned sin in the flesh was declared to be the Son of God in power! The Lamb who took away the sins of men — farther than the east is from the west — returned.

This means everything. If their Savior had remained swallowed in the grave, where would they look to know that it was finished? The resurrection is indispensable for proper confidence of forgiveness. “If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins” (1 Corinthians 15:17). But Christ has been raised — for their justification (Romans 4:25).

When Satan shames your man, pointing to his sin, point him to the empty tomb, asking, “Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died — more than that, who was raised — who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for you” (Romans 8:34). Show every doubting Thomas the scars of Christ, preaching on forgiven sin!

2. Presence Ensured

What does that glorious Sunday morning mean for their lackluster and wearying Monday mornings? Everything. His rising from the dead means that he is with them.

The children of God too often forget that their elder brother lives. They see him active in their past, and by faith see him inhabiting their future, but strangely, their moment-by-moment is the one place he is not. They rarely see him, as the risen Lord emphasizes, not merely as the one who was and who will be — but as the one who is (Revelation 1:cool. How? Because he is risen.

Your man too often worships at the filled tomb, memorializing a fallen hero. He lingers, as it were, in those gloomy days between that unforgettable Friday and this unrivaled Sunday morning. And when his Savior draws near to him, he too often mistakes him for the gardener (John 20:15).

The stone still blocks him from the living Christ. Roll it away! Show him the empty tomb and ask, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen” (Luke 24:5–6). Move him past this endless memorial service and march him forth to join those ranks assaulting the gates of Hades — not because their Lord’s memory is with them, but because he is (Matthew 28:20).

The resurrection means that our Lord isn’t absent. Their Christ himself — not a sentiment, nor a memory, nor a wish upon a star — races like a meteor toward them. O Toviel, if they only had eyes of faith to see what we do! What boldness, what unsinkable joy, what matchless confidence would be theirs if they could see their living High Priest daily interceding for them.

3. Future Guaranteed

His resurrection quaked the wall separating this world from the next. The takeover has begun.

Eternity is invading, that his forces have already arrived on the shore. A new beginning has dawned: “He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things he might be preeminent” (Colossians 1:18). Ancient gates were flung open. The ladder touched down on earth. Heaven is stepping through. All to the decisive work of the Son.

He is the “firstborn from the dead” — with many to follow. Our Master’s resurrection guarantees his people’s resurrection (2 Corinthians 4:14). Death’s defenses lie shattered. The night is quickly passing. The dead begin to move. He is at the door. “As in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive” (1 Corinthians 15:22).

In “the twinkling of an eye,” at the sound of the last trumpet, all will be made new. Perishable bodies of the saints — disease-ridden, decay-laden, crippled, weak — will be swallowed up by life. The earthly realm and the heavenly will mingle; the new creation will brim with God, angels, and men. The empty tomb signals the nearness of the divine takeover. The decisive domino has fallen.

This tidal wave of resurrection will wash over the graveyards and spill over all creation. The grass will sparkle green. The waters will run free. The oceans will pulse with life. Birds will sing new songs from the treetops. All creation “will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God” (Romans 8:21). The knowledge of the glory of our Master will cover the world as water covers the seas.

**Not a Blinding Afterthought

This day, this event, is not a blinding afterthought — it is everything. His resurrection is no plastic plant — giving no intoxicating smell, showing forth no real beauty, bearing no actual function. If Christ has not been raised, then their faith is in vain (1 Corinthians 15:14). If they have hope in this life only, they are the pity of the earth (1 Corinthians 15:19).

But he is risen! He is risen indeed!��

Remind him that the resurrection means forgiveness proven, presence ensured, and a future guaranteed. Protect your man from the lie that it is the dazzling irrelevance. The resurrection decisively begins the process, as another of our Master’s men has said, “of clearing this world of all heartbreak” — finally and forever. He is the beginning.

Your delighted toyoh,

Message by: John Piper�

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2020

I thought to share this piece from Lifegiva.com

A few months ago, a lady asked if I will be willing to share on my bible study/prayer time routine and I said yes. I didn’t go ahead to share because ‘’a routine’’ is something you do consistently that becomes a habit, this might not be the dictionary definition, but it is simply what I believe it to mean.

I didn’t share because I didn’t have a routine to speak of, I just talked to God all day long in my heart and read a verse of the bible here or there and I wasn’t satisfied with this.

I missed when I will pick a book of the Bible and study to understand the heart of God on different subjects, a time when I will wake up in the early hours of the morning and just worship and pray.

When the post went up on the lady’s blog I felt like I not only let myself down but also let her down and I started taking steps first to recover what I had before but I quickly came to the understanding that each season of our lives are different and what I need to know is how to approach my quiet time, worship and prayer in each season.

It is a long road and it don’t think we open up enough about our struggle and challenges with this, I will attempt to document the things I have learnt and share openly about where I am with studying the word, worship and prayer.

1. Discipline

The first is discipline, I know we say it over and over again, but discipline is a major tool to achieving anything we want to in and out of life.
It is denying yourself of things you want to do in the moment that don’t contribute to achieving your overall goals or target.
For me it is saying no to YouTube videos first thing in the morning, it is not staying up late into in the night reading a novel, so I can get up early in the morning and spend a few minutes with the word before I run into the day ahead of me.

For you, it might be setting a specific time for your devotion and not winging it, leaving it to chance. It might be getting off the bed and using your work desk, or picking up the phone to call your prayer partner.

If we take a minute to think, we will realize there is something we need to denying in the moment that brings immediate pleasure and focus on what is more important ahead of us.

Discipline is denying yourself of things you want to do in the moment that don’t contribute to achieving your desired goal. If we take a minute to think, we will realize there is something we need to denying in the moment that…

2. Learning to say no.

Second is learning to say no, the older we get it feels like 24 hours in a day isn’t sufficient for life and living. It is important we carefully articulate all the things we hope to achieve and plan out every block of time of your day. Stay honest with yourself with what is achievable everyday.

I used to make these ambiguous lists with of three things and in reality there were thirty things and I will be beat by the end of the day and beat myself up for not achieving those things. My lists are simple now, just five clear things that are achievable and don’t forget to leave room for spontaneity – it is the spice of life.

The older we get it feels like 24 hours in a day isn’t sufficient for life and living. When planning out your day, stay honest with yourself with what is achievable everyday.

3. Openness in prayer about my struggle.
Third is openness in prayer about my struggle of finding time to connect and evening connecting when I found the time. I think it is over coming the initial stumbling block of shame and going just as we are into God’s presence.

There is a peace and boldness to approach God even after you’ve missed on many of your previous appointments knowing that He is always waiting and never tired of waiting. His longsuffering has no limit. And unlike human, He won’t react to us based on what we deserve. His loving kindness are always new every morning, never keeping records of our wrongs or failings.

There is a peace to approaching God even after you've missed on many of your previous appointments. Unlike we humans, He won't react to us based on what we deserve, never keeping records of our wrongs or failings. He is always

4. Talk to people in your life.

Lastly talk to people in your life, you will find you are not alone and there is nothing like community to propel you in the right direction. Association is one of God’s strategy to staying ablaze in the faith. Staying isolated has never been God’s design, look at the early church.

There is nothing like community to propel you in the right direction. Association is one of God's strategy to staying ablaze in the faith.

My bible study routine is taken a new form from this season, it started by me gifting myself for my birthday a study bible from She Reads Truth along with two of there study plans.

I blocked out two time slots everyday to read to study my bible, first in the morning once I am ready for the day and second that the end of the day before I go to sleep.

The first time slot in the morning I haven’t kept up with everyday but my evening slot I have and I am doing everyday coupled with prayer, worship and then study of the word. I want to get to a place where I don’t miss any of the time blocks and I know I will get there.

My biggest take way is to keep going, to keep creating and making steps to building out things I want to see in my life and I challenge everyone to do that same.

Keep going, keep creating and making steps to building out things I want to see in my life and I challenge everyone to do that same.

Dear guys! You can check out Lifegiva.com for amazing contents, write-ups, learnable and imbibe-able sturvs

P.S.You can't just afford to be cold, You gas to be flammable�����

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 3:06pm On May 09, 2020
I've been so lazy to keep up updating this my thread �����

So!............
Today is a special day���, I'm celebrating Minstrel Theophilus Sunday�✨

Really! I still feel wowed stumbling on his chants, songs, yadda yadda yadda ��
It was just last year i learnt about P.dan, then Lawrence Oyor,........

So apparently i had Min. Theo's songs, but i had lot of others to listen to, then just one of his song ushered me to his myriads of chants, songs..... He practically creates a Holyghostic environment whenever he ministers, not songs from the book, i wish i could describe better�

I saw a video where Apostle J. Selman literally imparted on him, (**Min. Theo), the video i saw is just a brief, it wasn't completed, and really the prophesy is manifesting sporadically�.

Can the Lord say it and make it not come to manifestation, Never, except he didn't say it in the first place.

I celebrate God's grace upon him, His yielding, his tenacity, him aligning with the Holy Spirit�, his love for the deep things, the heart cry, Kai!

He would say and i quote "The Holy Spirit is not an event, It is a Life to Live"��

**You can check startnow channel for his songs
and thank me later.....
I'm celebrating him everywhere in the little way I can�[color=#000099][/color]

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 10:21am On Jun 25, 2020
*******************†*********************
My bad!�
I almost forgot i had a diary here,

Okay, Okay
Today is a great day, i mean a distinct day

It's Apostle's birthday��������
I mean, I'm overwhelmed and excited already!��������

Really, it's been an amazing ride

Thanks be to God for the gift of this man to the body, to our generation, to the church, Indeed! We're blessed, and i personally I'm not taking it for granted....

Whattttttt! We've a treasure money cannot buy, we indeed cannot trade it, we are blessed beyond measures.

I thank God for the day, time and year i heard and know about him, I really cannot decipher how and when again, but i tell you, it's been a worthy ride....... I'm super glad it happened �����

Really! He's the Apostle Paul of this generation, He's sold out, He's died daily, He's conformed and matched to the image, maturity and identity of God.

Show me a man that God has called and indeed chosen, and I'll show you Apostle...

Show me a man who has paid the price of diligence, and i will show you Apostle

Show me a man with lot of track records, and i will show you Apostle

Show me a man that's raising an army, generals effortlessly, and I'll show you Apostle

Show me a man who oozes GRACE, and operates in it's dimension effortlessly and I'll show you Apostle

Show me a man who teaches us to ask with meekness, and not with intelligence the fortitude to become MORE, and I'll show you Apostle

He who God has indeed call, Really! cannot be brought down

All i ask God for this day is to Pray for Apostle by himself, really! my groanings cannot be uttered, I pray for more of GRACE dimensions for Him, his ministry, his Mother,and those who work with Him...

Glory to God!
#We will be many
#There's more
#ajsbirthday2020

Trend it, for the world to see and hear it, and see that GLORY, which cannot be unseen...
Glory to God�

1 Like

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2020
I envisage journaling all of my growth dimensions this '20, but hmmmn! i did fault, typing is not the problem, but i think laziness and no enthusiasm.....

That's by the way.

I'm enjoying this my spiritual space, one of the things I'm grateful for in this year is really! I got blessed with power relationships, trust me! i wouldn't want to trade this for anything, not even gold... I'm telling you

I met some sis last month, we all had to stand in gap for the church, the body for a week pere......It was a success

Okay, the 411 is i intend retreating this month, and honestly this my house people (**i stay with a family), really don't understand how important this is, Really! they don't, i was already thinking about how this is going to happen in this house space, I'm already envisaging it not working out perfectly, but then as God would have it, my mother called to tell me she's missing her mother, and Grandma stays in Ogun State, all didn't makes sense until the day after, then a thought dropped, "Your retreat", Great!

I had to pray to touch my mother's heart, then i explained to her my retreating plans and all, she reasoned, then i told her to inform, (**i will too), my house people of her travelling plans, plus her first child too joining her, Grandma have missed her, true though, it's been ages i saw this woman.

My plan again, which I've not told my mother is on getting to Abeokuta, I'll do a survey of the environment myself, look for an affordable hotel to check in for 3 days, or if there's a praying mountain, whichever.....
I'm sure my mother wouldn't have a choice but to return to Lagos without me, I don't know the ideas just keep coming.

LOL

Really!
The last time i properly retreated was some year's ago, then it was excos retreat, **i still remember vividly, my first retreat though, but in a group's space, it was during hols, we had it in rccg camp, we booked a house, it was remarkable i swear, we prayed asif the roof will come down, we stood for hours, my legs didn't say it wouldn't break, the sleep was freaking short, 6 hours and more standing, mo fe e ku!, LOL, really! we built capacity...
We fasted too like, my eye ball socket were getting sunken, LOL hunger

I'm remembering that now, and I'm laughing hard, really! There's a price to pay, nothing just happen, Apostle would say track records...

Some years after, something happened that, normally the sickness should be unto death, who takes over 40 drips in a one month space, but God came through, **this time, July in 2018 was, i don't want to say crazy, rn i can't think of a word that fit....
In that mid-year, my name was STRONG, i was practically looking my mother in the face, and assuring her that he, **my brother would be fine, even when he wasn't looking it at all, LOL
I would cry fire in the closet, then wipe my tears to come and say someone would be fine, Really! I can look back now and smile.....

I can remember working after nysc, i was always crying in my space, like an egbere LOL, because from work i was diverting to the hospital, it then became a routine, Chai! You don't want to know, but the greatest doctor came in and took charge, then this James 5:16

I'm really looking forward to having a great time, then it's no joke, I'm not going all the way from Lagos to Abeokuta, to go and sleep, Kamaari!

I trust God for help, for strength too
I intend writing out with direction **over important, how the 3 days is going to be, i can't afford to under utilise this opportunity, and this time....

So! long and short, Retreat is so freaking important, as Air is essential for breathing....
God help us all... .Amen

#Prayerworks
#Praying boots you from the stale place of religious habits
#Staywoke
#1Thess 5:17
shocked cool

[color=#000099][/color]

3 Likes

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 6:23pm On Aug 07, 2020
[code][/code][color=#000099][/color]✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
I think a week after i retreated, i tried typing on my super note App, **basically a summary of how it, **my retreat went, then i had to quickly call or something, i minimized, then boom!, i opened the note app, my typings were all gone, every thing! to say i couldn't recall the words, ** some keyboard type actually do undo words to a large extent, then i got blank, and the funniest thing is i was earlier typing spontaneously, the words, image were all coming effortlessly, but trust me, after it all wiped, i tried to type, but the words to type were not forthcoming.

Okay! That's that basically
I had a wonderful Retreat, i look forward to year-end retreat as well.

Quick Recap;
I literally chewed this message, Maximizing Personal Retreat by Apostle prior some days to my leaving and all. He really explained what and what it is, everything.
So i had write stuffs one by each, my Thanksgiving list took a foolscap, the bible says forgetting not his benefits, i tried recalling all of this benefits from ages, LOL.

Like, I'm grateful, i don't have it all figured out yet one bit pere, but guess what?? I'm very grateful.
Apostle said a day should be dedicated to Thanksgiving, don't ask for anything, just give him Thanksgiving, spending quality time in His presence.
Then the other day, reviewing of progresses unashamedly breaking them into the 6 basic categories, you know them right??

I did that, i already wrote them down, so to a large extent, i had planned well.

Getting to Abk, i told my mother to convey to her family my major reason for coming around, i needed space, blaa blaa. They respected that, but like the third day, they were already like haaa! aunty ******, are you fighting with us, you're not eating our food, kini kini, in my mind, i was like "do i look like a joke to this people??"....LOL
**that's really on a lighter note

I left on the fourth day, my mother left a day before, trust me, i knew there was a shift, something shifted, i knew there's MORE, that's why i will still continue to PRESS with grace.
Then, I turned Joseph the dreamer lately....lol

I'm currently reading about mama Kathryn Khulman, there's a particular biography by Roberts Liardon, which i got, and I'm reading, i also did save some videos of her meetings on YouTube.
I think i first heard her name from Apostle, so curiousity made me check who is this person Apostle do make a reference to, they are plenty ohh, the likes of Oral Roberts, Marrie Woodward Heather, Alexander Dowey, Smith Wigglesworth, etcetera.

P.S Let's keep striving and pressing
Really! there's MORE
Minstrel Theo, do say "there's more to life than money", and the list is endless.
God help us to be and become MORE....Amen!

3 Likes

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Kessnorman: 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2020
Muyiwamary:
[color=#000099][/color]

Hi People smiley

#Die to Self
#Spiritual Makeover
#love and light

please i tried to register in panel station but its not working
Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 12:22pm On Feb 17, 2022
February, 2022

So I'm back on NL, like i never left

It's the year of the spirit for me, I'm just all up for aligning to everything happening in this time and season

And enjoy God, and the sweet fellowship with the Holy Spirit

I was in [/b]YMR'22[b] by God's grace, even the me in me was shocked i could attend the meeting in person. I had prayed about God touching heart and minds, dah dah dah dah, very funny....and really i had made my going or not tied to my happiness

Attending the programme was one of my highlights in 2021, honestly, i felt so fulfilled
I felt refreshed, sensitive, and sharp

There were so may new things for me, like it was my first time siting under Bishop Francis Wale Oke's teaching
2nd time seeing P.Dan and PMOO clearly, and so many things

I joined the prayer department, we had sessions, prayer walk
It was heavy!!!

This meeting also made me know Mama Jane Arowolo, i had sometimes in the year joined an i.g session, where PDan hosted her, then i already had good perceptions about the woman, then Yaaay!!!! she came to YMR to speak as well....

Before i left redemption camp on the 30th, i made sure to sow seeds, i bought books, i am getting married this year, **no husband yet though, lol i bought a book by Pastor Bimbo Odukoya, Bishop, etc, i bought like 6 books in total, i invested in books

I don't want to hear stories like, you want to get married, how many books have you read? How many this, How many that, da dah dah dah
So i'm prepping so well, funny but true yeah

I'll be right back

2 Likes

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 4:25pm On Feb 18, 2022
I remember entering the year 2022, having a relationship mentor was one of my relationship goals, and without thinking twice i knew i wanted Mama Jane Arowolo, i had talked about her previously. I went to Instagram to drop a message, I wrote to her telling her what I wanted, how I got to know about her, dah dah dah
From her page I learnt, she was holding a 40days Fasting & Prayer session, which started already like on the 3rd day of the year, she has a ministry for ladies (both singles and married), so tap tap! I reached out to join in and all, I’m glad I did join in, my highlights for the year started already.
But really for me yeah, in this season, I’m getting my results, settling things in the cave of Adullam, lol
This new Min Theophilus song, Adullam, made me go check, oh! Adullam was where David had to hid when King Saul was after him, to say this week someone I really look up to had on his Whatsapp status, that he’s reading a book, ‘the place called Adullam’….I will try to get the book, I check pdf drive.net for a soft copy, but it’s not available there, probably I’ll just check Bible Wonderland.
Min Theophilus also has a new song, ‘Now that we’re Married’, not “married married” literally, but married to the the person of the Holy Spirit, it’s a chant for lovers. You can check it too, it blesses me

Back to mama’s story
Mama is God sent I’m telling you, some weeks later she announced a mentorship opportunity for free (limited number of people). I was super excited; I’ll get mentored for freeeeeeeee!! It’s looking like it already
God helping me I cannot just afford to get it wrong by His grace
She shares life experiences, her experiences, people experiences, she teaches scriptures in a way that they look new to me, though I’ve never heard or seen them in that light before.
Mama’s mentor is Mama Adejumo
Then I have a book by Bro. Gbile Akanni, I’m still on, ‘Two become One’, in the book I got a theme, lol Bro Gbile is someone I really look up to concerning this marriage thingy
Then today, while coming to work, the bus park is stationed for people going to Apapa, more like a glorified staff bus, so most faces are familiar, people i see often, then this ladies, obviously a deeper life sister sat beside me, I see her often though, she was on her phone, something led to another I saw what she was reading on facebook, it was relationship related, not even related solely, there were questions of life people asked, I’m not amebo or nosy though, but I can be curious, and curiosity can never kill my cat

I only needed to pick one or two things, I picked Allison Hyacinth and worital
I picked my phone, google for the search, lol Okay I’m interested in the Instagram handle, i read the person’s profile, it made sense, I’ll check him/them later
Then worital, is like a book publishing space…Oh well

At least my amebo was fruitful, i picked something

1 Like

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2022
I have been watching a whole lot of movies lately, in less than 2 months;

I saw Gbemi 2, Magdalene, The last man Standing, part 1, abejoye (the latest episodes)

Last month, i was on Quora, something led to something, i read an article on, Colombine Massacre, i read it, and i was led to see the movie that was released, I am Not Ashamed, after watching the movie, i asked myself, okay;

Can i be a marthyr, Can i profess my faith even unto death?

Then, TPW group reviewed, GROWTH[i]
, it's a christian movie on faith[/i],
Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2022
Muyiwamary:

Hi People smiley

Okay! so have had a series of back and forth in my quest to attaining spiritual maturity, dying to self, spiritual stability and consistency. Really! there are times am not just feeling like it, like there's this just numb feeling.....
All of this, and not even a hint found of you understanding what Paul meant when he wrote of dying daily to self. undecided

Anyways, Paul said it in reference to Jesus Christ's commandment in the passage below...
24. Then Jesus said to his followers, “If any of you want to be my follower, you must stop thinking about yourself and what you want. You must be willing to carry the cross that is given to you for following me. - Matthew 16 vs 24
In order to be worthy to be a follower of Jesus Christ, you must stop thinking of self and what the self wants and desires.... meaning you give up on your career goals, family dreams, reputation, etc., for the sake of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 7:22pm On Feb 07, 2023
Praying with Mama Eagle....
It's a delight

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 1:03pm On Mar 18, 2023
This song is 💗

Hi dear, I might not know what you are currently going through ...
But one thing is certain ....God is working it all out for you. Listen 👂 God Will Work It Out by Maverick City Music. https://www.boomplaymusic.com/share/music/63528182?srModel=COPYLINK&srList=ANDROID

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover by Muyiwamary(f): 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2023
I'm keeping this right here!

So, honestly there are good and perfect gifts, check James 1:17, and one is Mama Jane Arowolo,

She's been a blessing to my Life, in 2021, at YMR 2021, during her session
I was like, oh my! This woman I'm going to follow her, and I did my little research, I went on Instagram, Facebook, I was close, I got to know about her more, I was literally hungry for her teachings, her rods of correction and sense.

Mama is a blessing, her resilience is worthy of emulation, her tenacity is giving, lol
That I got to know about Mama, is undoubtedly destined.
Show me a gift of Men, and I'll show you Mama Jane

Happy Birthday Mama💗
It's the 45th floor
A Woman Helped by God

It's an honor knowing you
I bless the day P. Dan invited you to YMR 2021
What your session did to me that day, was me saying, "I can't afford to Mis-Marry", and I have seen a leader to follow, run and fly with..
Thank you mama, for giving to the Lord
Thank you for the teachings
Thank you for the practicality...
Thank you for the track records
Thank you for your resilience, and tenacity

You have also taught me something in yesterday's session, the principle of sacrificial giving, and raising altars..
Mama, on this day, it's my sincere prayer that you wouldn't loose your relevancy, you and Papa's ministry wouldn't be scattered, and ministry would continually thrive in your hands in Jesus mighty name...
Amen!!!!
I love you Mama💗💗💗

The ministry, Leading Ladies Global, LLG, and Leasing Men Global, LMG has moved from Nigeria to the United Kingdom, UK this year, 2023

Mama informed us last week, on the 12th precisely, the last day of 12 days of Glory, it's Good News!!!!!!

I was overly happy, then I found myself teary, not crying, I got emotional, I'm happy at what God's doing with the Ministry, then a part of my mind is saying, This God can just be trusted, this God is so super amazing, I did a video, lol

Mama said, don't worry, we will still be coming to Nigeria for our programmes in February, May, etc. But the November conference is holding in UK by God's grace.

God is Reeeeeaaaaaaallllll, don't be told otherwise
Just ask that he be real to you, because....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Black Man, The Next Kingdom Coming Belongs To You. Are You Willing To Take It ? / "I’m A Member Of Your Church" - Prostitute Tells A Pastor Who Picked Her / 17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.