Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa (56886 Views)

Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm / Nigeria Is World’s Largest Producer Of Yam In FAO Ranking ― FG / Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Okoroawusa: 9:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

audio highest producers
how much is a bag
Ask Google
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Angelfrost(m): 9:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
Piece of good news... Let's move it up a notch.

A lot of my friends are planning on venturing into Agriculture and food production.

The journey to self sustenance is on.
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Onyiibuckman: 9:04pm On Jan 03, 2020
Mutemenot:
When was the border closed and how long does it take to farm rice?? Audio rice everywhere....
stones you mean
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Froshloaded: 9:04pm On Jan 03, 2020
Jewessgratitude:

Why?
Is it because of the swallow? Hmm.. It has nothing to do with my tribe. Just personal preference.
Yes. Proudly Igbo Amaka.
Oh really,
I'm sure your house will be filled with Yellow Garri grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by AreaFada2: 9:05pm On Jan 03, 2020
OK. Tell us how much rice we consume yearly first.

Make we compare. shocked
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by kay29000(m): 9:05pm On Jan 03, 2020
obailala:
Population growth apparently. And I guess our people then were more interested in yams and cassava.

Yeah... people rarely ate rice in Nigeria back in the 60s and 70s. It was around the 80s that rice consumption rose. People then, as you said, mostly ate yams and Cassava in all forms.
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2020
If there is excess rice the price would have fall due to large volume of production and storage unavailability.
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by semyman: 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Yet the economy is still in critical condition
Go and die

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by femark04(m): 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
Congratulations for Nigeria rice �����
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by uuzba(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
rusher14:

Coscharis is presently making money from rice production.
Where is the rice na?
We didn't see rice this Christmas.

Is it only 1st position you guys are concerned about?
Nigeria can produce rice, Welldone!
The rice is meant to be eaten. Where is it?
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by tempel(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
We need to stop quoting all these figures they come up with until we see the impact on the common man.
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 03, 2020
Amazing the kind of graduates we release into the market - did we suddenly plant, harvest and mill tonnes of rice overnight? what am I missing here
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by uuzba(m): 9:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
SaintLucia:
No be every Nigerian dey suffer like u na. Think positive and emancipate yourself from 2019 poverty thinking mentality.
Go and give him rice and stop speaking motivation English.
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by kay29000(m): 9:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
Lynx001:
to be sincere local production has increased. I hv seen different brand of local rice within the last 1year. bt due to the fact that foreign rice is btw 27k to 30k. i think local producers/distributors peg their price a little below that knowing that we dont hv choice. my friend bought local rice 13k at enugu. (i dont knw if its true)that same rice sells at 19-23 in other cities. Distributors could also be taking advantage of us

I believe distributors are taking advantage of us.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
wwwihy:

https://allafrica.com/view/group/main/main/id/00066911.html

Let the people know that this fake article is from March 2019

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by do4luv14(m): 9:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
Sorry man, sor sorry, i eat Cassava bread dis morning, and again, its made from cassava flour,

thats why i ask you to ask flourmillers

smh@u

SaintLucia:
People post this kind of comment when they don't have ample evidence. Common cassava bread your hero of democracy promised u is what u are finding it difficult to post on nairaland. Oya take #100 from PETER HIM TUE LIE OBI and buy yourself a cassava bread.
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by kay29000(m): 9:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
ada9ja:

Is a steady growth but we Nigerians want everything fast fast that's y we have rituals, 419, yahoo yahoo kidnapping and corruption growing faster than development

EXACTLY!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by alezzy13: 9:14pm On Jan 03, 2020
Beremx:
I have been seeing different types of Nigerian rice in the market and non looks neat like foreign rice. They are even expensive.

Have you tried Ebonyi gold? Its quality rivals foreign ones, IMO
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by kay29000(m): 9:15pm On Jan 03, 2020
Kekereekun123:
as at then most of our parents still dey village. Few people in urban areas they ate local produce. Salad was once big man food too. Today foods hawker self sell it

Very true
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Rebuke: 9:16pm On Jan 03, 2020
Geees! It's finshed. cry cry

What are these so called leaders taking us for? I won't blame them, it's those still supporting and defending them that have given them the moral to keep lying to our face and taking us for fools.

Just even look at picture he uploaded. Does that look like the Nigeria rice to yhu?

Nigeria now the highest rice producer yet we buy the stone rice for almost 16k per bag or more, higher than than the price of the foreign rice we were buying before they came to power.

Silly and backward government that only thrive on lies and propaganda. angry

I bet this buhari government will go down as the most mischievous in history!

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by DrObum(m): 9:17pm On Jan 03, 2020
Urahara22:

I'm curious . Was rice consumption in the 60s low because Nigerians were damn too poor to afford rice or was it low because Nigerians didn't really fancy rice then ?
What was the population of Nigeria in the 60s?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by kay29000(m): 9:17pm On Jan 03, 2020
EzeMosesEmeka:
Nigerians have never been optimistic.... How is the country gonna develop when you guys only see the negative sides of the country.....

I swear. I tire o. People are always eager to type negative comments always.
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Livingstone124: 9:19pm On Jan 03, 2020
Okoroawusa:
I Love PMB

We can achieve whatever we set our hearts n minds to achieve. The sky is only our stepping stone
rubbish comment
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by adenigga(m): 9:19pm On Jan 03, 2020
[quote author=donbachi post=85473856]Nigeria Is Now The Highest Producers Of Lies In Africa.[/quote

.....Courtesy Lie Mohammed!!!!
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Kelvinpam(m): 9:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
rottennaija:

Bros, don't be too pessimistic, if we continue in this direction, eventually, we will get there. Egypt and other countries didn't get to where they were with leaders Nigeria had been cursed with from independence.

Have faith. Give it time. In time, in time.

You and I know that Nigeria will NEVER get better. It's just a fact. Yes, the plain truth. People who benefit from the disarray in Nigeria will NEVER let it happen. The citizens are not ready either. Divert your faith to productive things and let Nigeria be.
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
Stoned rice or what?

I'm yet to get a stone free rice here in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by farem: 9:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Yet the economy is still in critical condition
So see the Pharisees! It reminds me of that 2nd in command to king whose was so brain washed by wailing so much that he could not believe the servant of God.
Yours is worse in the sense that physical results are abhorrent to your soul
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
rottennaija:

Bros, don't be too pessimistic, if we continue in this direction, eventually, we will get there. Egypt and other countries didn't get to where they were with leaders Nigeria had been cursed with from independence.

Have faith. Give it time. In time, in time.

Stop being silly.

Buhari and his idiots are just recycling lies.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
rusher14:

Coscharis is presently making money from rice production.

Silly senseless reply.
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 03, 2020
wwwihy:

Think and research before making useless comments here

https://www.nairaland.com/2743859/buhari-launches-dry-season-rice

Make some research before making it seem as if u are not well

Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by SaintLucia: 9:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
do4luv14:

Sorry man, sor sorry, i eat Cassava bread dis morning, and again, its made from cassava flour,

thats why i ask you to ask flourmillers

smh@u

Dey drink water and be using toothpick at the same time. So the cassava bread u ate this morning no get name ba?
Re: Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa by farem: 9:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
Mutemenot:
When was the border closed and how long does it take to farm rice?? Audio rice everywhere....

How old are you, intelligently?
So your understanding of rice farming in Nigeria is only premised on boarders closing.
Have you heard of different collaborations of states in Nigeria in 2-4 years on rice farming?
Lake Rice between Lagos and Kebbi state is just one of the few.
Wake up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Friend Was Coming From The Farm And Killed This Snake This Morning (photos) / My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / E-Agriculture Course And Certification - Career Boost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.