Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' (42979 Views)

Yoruba Christians Are More Educated Than Muslims / Why Do Atheist Attack Christians doctrines More Than Muslims / Right Of Reply: Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Stanzar7: 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2020
PointZerom:
“As we sign out, we remind the Federal Government that it is high time it listened to the Muslims’ demand for the declaration of 1st Muharram as a public holiday in parity with 1st January public holiday".

Is first January a Christian holiday or new year holiday for everyone?.

This Muric most be a mad man.

As if Muslims go to work and Christians don't.
Na this tin make trump kill one of them yesterday

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2020
highbee02:
I stand with MURIC, MURIC is comparing the Gregorian calender with Islamic calendar. We truly deserve equal treatment, ist of Muharam should also be declared public holiday.

New year has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by lucky4west: 1:57pm On Jan 04, 2020
how did such a religious bigot became a prof? wrong calculations and mindset is the New Year celebration/holiday strictly for Christians? are Muslims still in 2019, did Muslims not rest and relax on January 1st? well if you care to know oversabi prof...the use of BC and AD is centered on the birth and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the widely celebration of his birth by Christians and non Christians alike and many more evidence shows that Christ is the only way to God...if you do not accept Jesus now you will regret it on the last day...follow who know road...only Jesus can save!

2 Likes

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by UnusualJhay(m): 1:57pm On Jan 04, 2020
much ado about nothing

quite pathetic
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Tomilola360: 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
Regardless, it's still holiday for all.

grin grin grin
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Octaves(m): 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
Is boxing day a Christian holiday or secular holiday? And is New year not for everybody?
What about their holidays that have 2days each

1 Like

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by KKKWHITE(m): 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2020
Pavore9:

For the Christians.

New Year day (the calendar was introduced by Pope Gregory XIII)
Good Friday
Easter Monday
Christmas day
Boxing Day.

Total of 5 days

For the Muslims

Eid al-Fitr (How many days do the FG announce as Public holiday?)
Eid al-Adha (How many days do the FG announce as Public holiday?)
The Prophet's birthday(How many days do the FG announce as Public holiday?)
Those 5 days you have written for Christian holidays are actually not for Christians but for pagans and it's unscriptural
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Anetorfavour: 2:00pm On Jan 04, 2020
He should become a CAN member so he can also enjoy d holiday wt us s dat simple!

1 Like

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 04, 2020
Blueelf:
These people again

How does this help the economy? How?

How does this help combat religious extremisim (the basis for Boko Haram) of which Islam is seen as the tenet?

Isn't this a case of misplaced priorities or are their leaders suddenly suffering from Parkinson's?

What is even more heart-breaking about this press release is that the old man is lying. And this intellectually degraded, morally bankrupt 'professor' is actually typical of our leaders of opinion in this country.

Muslims get five days in all. Christians too get five, assuming New Year is a Christian holiday, which we all know it is not. So the Muslims are actually ahead by one day.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by CaptainFM1: 2:00pm On Jan 04, 2020
Goat head!

1 Like

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by chinae(m): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
Both boxing day and nee year are secular holidays why allocate them to christiandom?

1 Like

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Openbusiness: 2:02pm On Jan 04, 2020
Gracealone:
And this guy answers when they call him 'Prof'!

He mischievously listed Easter Friday and Monday plus Christmas and Boxing days separately without mentioning that Eid Kabir and Fitri are 2 days each, making 4 days aside Eid Maulud. And one time there was confusion about moon sighting, Dambazau awarded an extra holiday for them making 6 holidays, just like that.

What of Mohammed's birthday holiday? This MURIC man is a terrorist divisionist. They want to divide the Southwest with religion.
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Ayodelejohn2018(m): 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
Mtcheeeeew Na holiday we dey talk about
We r saying Fulani n others r killing christans in d north . Imposition of sharia laws n odas .
U r hear talking about holidays
After all Na everybody dey enjoy am no b only christians
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Arthurhills: 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hmmmm see this man o, this man is just a trouble maker trying to create unnecessary tensions where there should be none. Who even told him that holidays is for Christians?
The difference between a true Christian and a Muslim is Christianity is not a religion but a way of life after christ and it's a spiritual journey. January 1st holiday isn't for Christians it's a worldly program anyways he lacks knowledge.
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Omoslim26: 2:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
iTearHerToto:
I have a question undecided

I don't understand Afonja Muslims. Xmas them no dey cook rice, New year dem no go cook/celebrate. If you ask them go say them na muslim. Ok Salah nko dem no go still cook rice... Wetin dem dey cook during festive periods sef Cos my Afonja neighbors be begging me money/food even on Xmas days, New year and even Salah .. Someone throw me some light, Abeg is that how some Muslims do or is it just Afonja

Pukesangry

so you carry dis your mumu afonja ipob Igbo, conehead igbo vs yoruba rubbish matter cross over 2020 ba?
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Chidex50(m): 2:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
highbee02:
I stand with MURIC, MURIC is comparing the Gregorian calender with Islamic calendar. We truly deserve equal treatment, ist of Muharam should also be declared public holiday.
Troublesome Religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Ewedegubbler: 2:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
professor of mumurism and ibeririberism.

1 Like

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by FirstbornWds: 2:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
Jabioro:
The"persecuting " and "holiday" are not the same..not even in similarities.When it comes to holiday the mumuric chairman should understand that the fake secular country called Nigeria was founded/colonized by England..not Saudi Arabia.The holiday the Zombie is talking about was 25th,26th of December..1st was a general holiday to every nation that use Gregory calendar..

Maybe they should include Oct 1st, May 27 and 29/respectively as other Christain holidays. That way, we can be sure they have attained the highest point of madness.
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
Pavore9:

For the Christians.

New Year day (the calendar was introduced by Pope Gregory XIII)
Good Friday
Easter Monday
Christmas day
Boxing Day.

Total of 5 days

For the Muslims

Eid al-Fitr (How many days do the FG announce as Public holiday?)
Eid al-Adha (How many days do the FG announce as Public holiday?)
The Prophet's birthday(How many days do the FG announce as Public holiday?)
2 days each, except the birth of Prophet Muhammed, (peace be upon him, which is one day) for the muslims. For the Christians, 2 days each, Christmas and boxing days (as Christmas holiday), Good Friday and Easter Monday (as Easter Holiday). The one-day new year public holiday is for everybody.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Absoj(m): 2:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
Madness starts gradually. Its no respecter of titles ( be it a prof or a field marshal)

1 Like

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by joefelin2345: 2:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
[quote author=iTearHerToto post=85493547]I have a question undecided

I don't understand Afonja Muslims. Xmas them no dey cook rice, New year dem no go cook/celebrate. If you ask them go say them na muslim. Ok Salah nko dem no go still cook rice... Wetin dem dey cook during festive periods sef Cos my Afonja neighbors be begging me money/food even on Xmas days, New year and even Salah .. Someone throw me some light, Abeg is that how some Muslims do or is it just Afonja

Nairalanders, could you please warn this guy to stop his hatred of Yoruba race. Enough should be enough pls. The Yoruba is a noble race n should be accorded due respect just like any race in Nigeria n any other country.
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Absoj(m): 2:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
He should first alter the Gregorian calendar

1 Like

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by 41lady(m): 2:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
This stupid man who don't deserve to be called Prof. I think he is a useless processor. How can you refer to new year as Christian celebration, is the whole world not using the Gregory calendar? Who came with office work, is it the Europeans? Go and drink camel urine if it pains you that Christians pray and thank God for seeing another new year. Idiot yoruba man, no sense.

1 Like

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
Idiotic set of leaders we have in this country. The only thing they know is spicing up religious and tribal conflicts.

The followers are even more idiotic....it's quite a shame

2 Likes

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Achizzy7: 2:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
d wolrd would hv bin a peaceful place without Dem

religion don turn to competition ?

2 Likes

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by edoairways: 2:09pm On Jan 04, 2020
pstnicodemus:

Good Friday sef no be public holiday
It is a public holiday
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by gowonmaharajah(m): 2:09pm On Jan 04, 2020
I foresee a religious war hovering over this nation in months to come. May God help us
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Sweeetheart(m): 2:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
it's sad to believe that this guy was given the most intelligent title professor

is there no other way to lead and represent Muslims in Nigeria than this show of shame?

2 Likes

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 04, 2020
In fact Friday should be the new Sunday and Thursday the new Saturday, so that we will have 4 week ends in a week.
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by phr0nesis(m): 2:11pm On Jan 04, 2020
I agree with that man; holidays are just too few. And why is everyone forgetting that there is no holiday for good friday
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Sweeetheart(m): 2:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
iTearHerToto between you, Nnamdi KANU and ishaq the muric dumb guy I don't know who's more stupid

can you just behave like a human being for once. you can't choose to be this stupid every time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports / My 1 Years Old Is A Witch / Fulani Herdsmen: Adeboye Disowns ‘Prayer Points’ Against Fulani Moslems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.