Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' (42980 Views)

Yoruba Christians Are More Educated Than Muslims / Why Do Atheist Attack Christians doctrines More Than Muslims / Right Of Reply: Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Burntcoal(f): 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
They r just upset we r more festive, colourful and happy than they r. Even if dem give u more days u still wouldn't know wat to do with it.

6 Likes

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
You may be thinking these people will one day think forward but they are far behind. If the holiday is given to the Christians, is the holiday enjoyed by only Christians? Are you guys exempted from the same holidays ? Do you guys go to work on that day? This is a general holiday given to every Nigerian irrespective of where you come from. On the other hand, the Moslims use that opportunity to ship in their goods to the south for proper business, everything becomes expensive. They make use of it to get good money for themselves by inflating prices of goods. I think this country should be divided, so that all this nonsense arguments can end.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by CasNova: 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
Those who seek to forment trouble under the guise of any religion will not succeed.
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by quinox947: 2:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
Gracealone:
And this guy answers when they call him 'Prof'!

He mischievously listed Easter Friday and Monday plus Christmas and Boxing days separately without mentioning that Eid Kabir and Fitri are 2 days each, making 4 days aside Eid Maulud. And one time there was confusion about moon sighting, Dambazau awarded an extra holiday for them making 6 holidays, just like that.
They think we are so daft not to remember that both sallah celebrations has two public holidays each with the maulud having another day. Do they think the New Year for Christians alone?
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by ofonimi: 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2020
Always talks on issue that has no added advantage to human living. This guy is more Islamic than the person that found this religion. Mr. man you can declare as many public holydays as possible for yourself no one cares ok. On the judgement day everyone will know where he or she belongs anyone can brags now. On the last day every controversy will be laid to rest. Good thing about the final judgement is that the judge can not be bribed and he is not partial then all these controversies of religion will be settled.

4 Likes

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by megareal: 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2020
Dem don start. Should we outline all their holidays for them?

1 Like

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by xelly: 2:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
People are looking up to this one too?

1 Like

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Ideyontop: 2:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
The suit, you are wearing, the microphone you are using, the internet you are using, the professor attached to your name is all Christian. Pls go and use the ones for muslims before we take you seriously.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by dona2us(m): 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2020
NuissancePolice:
Another dullard exercising his freedom of speech.

Is it our fault that church service coincidentally matches with weekends? I.e. saturdays and sundays? They should kuku shift their friday prayer to saturday na so they will get holiday.

Also, african tradtionalist too deserve special day also. Athiests too. Thursday and wednesdays should be reserved for these too respectively as well so that we work only on mondays and tuesdays, then holiday around for the subsequenst 5 days. undecided

The major question is, are the holidays religion specific? If christians are on holidays, does that mean moslems go to work on christian holiday days and vice versa?
boda i weak oh because this peke weak me die
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by hoctre20(m): 2:28pm On Jan 04, 2020
highbee02:
I stand with MURIC, MURIC is comparing the Gregorian calender with Islamic calendar. We truly deserve equal treatment, ist of Muharam should also be declared public holiday.
ok o but why do you Muslims pray on the Gregorian Friday why don't u pray on any day the jummat fall on in the Gregorian week

1 Like

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by edoairways: 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
KKKWHITE:
Those 5 days you have written for Christian holidays are actually not for Christians but for pagans and it's unscriptural
But you observe them including Sundays
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Ihutomi: 2:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
God pls just kill this music guy
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by edoairways: 2:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
Derrinclay:
In fact Friday should be the new Sunday and Thursday the new Saturday, so that we will have 4 week ends in a week.
Gambia observe Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays as weekend holidays
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by jimcaddy(m): 2:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
I don't know why this MURIC guy loves to incite religious violence and no one says anything. Now you have started comparing the number of holidays Christians get with muslim holidays shey. Oya lets count. Asides the November holiday that is one day, all the other muslim holidays are two two days oh. And by my count, we have two holidays. That is breaking of fasting and salah. Breaking of fasting. Two days. Salah, two days. Making 4 days plus one day of birthday or so in November. Making 5 days. Christians get Good friday and Easter Monday. Christmas day and boxing day. Plus new year day which is a general holiday everwhere regardless of religion. So technically christians get only 4 days in a year, while muslim gets 5 days in a year. So what is this dude saying?

1 Like

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Ghokes(m): 2:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
Akintola always makes a fool of himself
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by ehissi(m): 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
PointZerom:
“As we sign out, we remind the Federal Government that it is high time it listened to the Muslims’ demand for the declaration of 1st Muharram as a public holiday in parity with 1st January public holiday".

Is first January a Christian holiday or new year holiday for everyone?.

This Muric most be a mad man.

The 1st of January, as observed in Nigeria, is based on a gregorian calendar system which is based on observation of the movement/position of the sun. And that is what we use to date our holidays as christians and what the whole world actually uses.

The calendar used by muslims to date some of their holidays (not all) however is the Hijiri system and is lunar based and is based on observation of the movement/position of the moon........hence his claim.

Not entirely stupid but still outrageous nonetheless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by edoairways: 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
hoctre20:
ok o but why do you Muslims pray on the Gregorian Friday why don't u pray on any day the jummat fall on in the Gregorian week
Muslims have their own calendar too but because the world had adopted Gregorian calendar they had to follow suit. That is the more reason their holidays aren't fixed like that of Christianity ( except Easter)

1 Like

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by easiest(m): 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
Many commented negatively to this post after all he said, all points made in post made sense, he never said any bad word to anyone or any religion. I urge you commenter to read before persecuting him. Thanks
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by mormoney85(m): 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
thepussyking:
Muslims! very stupid set of people.
no body take's them serious.

spit
the idiot's fell to realize that new year celebrations is not a Christian thing
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Cantonese: 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
Gracealone:
And this guy answers when they call him 'Prof'!

He mischievously listed Easter Friday and Monday plus Christmas and Boxing days separately without mentioning that Eid Kabir and Fitri are 2 days each, making 4 days aside Eid Maulud. And one time there was confusion about moon sighting, Dambazau awarded an extra holiday for them making 6 holidays, just like that.

Which one is the birthday of the prophet in the calender? Have we not been celebrating it too?

Was it not because of the need for fairness that the Babangida government started giving extra days when the holidays fell in on weekends? Can somebody please clear this?
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by midnighter(f): 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
easiest:
Many commented negatively to this post after all he said, all points made in post made sense, he never said any bad word to anyone or any religion. I urge you commenter to read before persecuting him. Thanks

We read it, he is talking rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Khalidase83(m): 2:43pm On Jan 04, 2020
If I have my way no religion would exist in this world. Religion, an enemy of Africa, and Nigeria in particular.
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Khalidase83(m): 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2020
This is why I so dislike religion. Left for me, non would exist.
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by klax(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
HansprinceJr:

http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2020/01/give-muslims-their-own-1st-january.html?m=1

It's now I finally confirm these people are truly born idiots(MURIC) so holiday is part of what Christians complained about as persecution and so holiday is now the yardstick to defend persecutions of Christians MURIC or MUSIC I'm disappointed in you especially this lunatic irresponsible bollock that lead them it's a shame.

Guys just say you in severe pain God never gave you power to match the America because if God had done so you people would have slaughter the entire human race who refused to concur to your ideas or belief. You guys are still in pain of Al Bagdad being chased to death by same dogs he usually referred Christain as and you are in severe pain the bollock Iranian was knocked down by mere drone yesterday that is it, all these holiday blabla make no sense it's just a sign of painment.

New year is not Christain celebration so I don't know where you read that from Mr man and you called yourself a professor.
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by slimhomiequan(m): 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY.
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Maikel26(m): 2:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
I think this guy is also looking for cheap attention. Olodo like you, Is 1st Jan a Christian holiday?
Idiot so you can't differentiate New year day from Christian holiday and yet you joined everyone in shouting happy new year.
Receive sense IJN

1 Like

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Firebomber: 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2020
easiest:

You are more dumb than that braindead prof.

so you agree that christian have more holiday than muslim?
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Asour: 3:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
PointZerom:
“As we sign out, we remind the Federal Government that it is high time it listened to the Muslims’ demand for the declaration of 1st Muharram as a public holiday in parity with 1st January public holiday".

Is first January a Christian holiday or new year holiday for everyone?.

This Muric most be a mad man.

Not Originally for everyone.

The 12 months as we know it was majorly a Greaco-Roman creation.

Certainly not in tandem with Muslim and Chinese Calendar. The Chinese for instance have their new Year in February and name years by animals (symbolic to them).

These people as Independent as they want to be would never give in to celebrating the Roman(By extension Western) VIEW of the world.
It would mean they have lost the Global Power struggle.

1 Like

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by Olanny(m): 3:02pm On Jan 04, 2020
This man is always leaving his sense at home
Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by HarunaWest(m): 3:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
HansprinceJr:

http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2020/01/give-muslims-their-own-1st-january.html?m=1
Am a Muslim and this fellow is Mad....Will Holiday make us compete with Saudi Arabia or America economically?....Instead of banning holidays sef this Idiat is asking for more.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC: 'Christians Enjoy More Holidays Than Muslims In Nigeria' by smitaro(m): 3:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
sad sad

So this animal has resumed this 2020 with his hateful, spiteful, inciteful vengeful and dreadful post.. so public holidays is making you angry or you've turned it into a competition between muslims and Christians..

What kind of buffoon is this fellow? When iswap murdered the aid worker captives Last week, this animal didnt rebuke them or made a statement.

no mind d mumuric man, in dey yarn dust..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

CAN Protests Nigerian Participation In Islamic Sports / My 1 Years Old Is A Witch / Fulani Herdsmen: Adeboye Disowns ‘Prayer Points’ Against Fulani Moslems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.