Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) (10062 Views)

How Igbo's Live 5years After Running To Yoruba Land / How Igbo Created South-south - Vanguard / Northerners Fought, Died And Created South-south States By Force –junaid Muhamme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by aljharem(m): 2:44am On Dec 06, 2010
jason12345:

bruv, stop this comparison!!! do i sound as silly (no offence) as harem or as tribalist as stranger? pls stop it!!! i do not have yoruba origins. stop this your conclusion. my parents are itsekiri , i schooled in lagos, i mix up well with the yorubas and that is final!!!

but if i say something that are pro-igbo then i can be itsekiri? man, the way you guys think!

u dey craze angry angry angry angry

jason i think u need help angry angry angry angry

do i sound silly when i support ur views angry angry angry angry
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by houvest: 10:11am On Dec 06, 2010
@ Sapele.
I have waited all this while for you to bring out one link even a fraction of a link to prove your assertions about Ndigbo working against the creation of Anioma state and you kept perambulating from one allegation to another. Why not be honest on this thread and follow the examples of others who have apologized for their mistakes on this same thread ; eg Dede you demanded a concession from and he gave it, etc. Do you prefer to insist on your lies against Ndigbo like many others or set a good example for them to follow? I leave you with this latin quote.
Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat  (the burden of proof rests on who asserts, not on who denies).
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by SapeleGuy: 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2010
houvest:

@ Sapele.
I have waited all this while for you to bring out one link even a fraction of a link to prove your assertions about Ndigbo working against the creation of Anioma state and you kept perambulating from one allegation to another. Why not be honest on this thread and follow the examples of others who have apologized for their mistakes on this same thread ; eg Dede you demanded a concession from and he gave it, etc. Do you prefer to insist on your lies against Ndigbo like many others or set a good example for them to follow? I leave you with this latin quote.
Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat  (the burden of proof rests on who asserts, not on who denies).

I actually think we are violently agreeing, the article was poorly researched. Please see the timing of your post and mine, the apology you seek was tendered long ago. I can't accuse an entire race, that would be imprudent just as it was sheer folly for the poster to claim Igbo created an entire geo political zone, how can this be possible when they are still struggling to create 1 state?

SapeleGuy:

[[size=13pt]b]Houvest no vex[/b][/size], I should have been consistent and used Ohaneze Ndigbo committee on state creation [/b]throughout my responses. There was also a[b] Senate  south east caucus committee constituted by Ken Nnamani on this same matter. Both of these committees went for Adada & Njaba states and not Anioma.

I don't believe that by stating this I am propagating hatred. Anioma is the oldest agitation for state creation in Nigeria's history but has not materialised to date.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by houvest: 9:20am On Dec 07, 2010
Wonderful equivocation. Thanks all the same. Half bread is , ,

SapeleGuy:

I actually think we are violently agreeing, the article was poorly researched. Please see the timing of your post and mine, the apology you seek was tendered long ago. I can't accuse an entire race, that would be imprudent just as it was sheer folly for the poster to claim Igbo created an entire geo political zone, how can this be possible when they are still struggling to create 1 state?

Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by efficiencie(m): 9:22am On Jul 18, 2015
Certain views in that historical account are contradictorily confusing.
You stated that:

However, the British ex-colonialists
helped the North in building a national
coalition to prevent the actualisation of
Biafra. The Eastern minorities pulled out
of Biafra when General Gowon created
the 12 states and gave them Rivers
State and South Eastern State.
It became possible for the federal side
to win the war with a blockade of the
seaboards which were home to the
minorities.
When the war ended, relations between
the Igbo and those who fought them
during the war remained suspicious.
Particularly the West and the Eastern
minorities probably felt that the
recovery of the Igbo would affront the
gains they made while the Igbo were
absent from the system.
The minorities appeared to have
discovered some gain in siding with the
North or West to protect their new-
found political space.

And this suggests that the creation of the south-south was a weapon designed by the non-igbos against the igbos but this assertion:

The South-South idea was, therefore, a
deliberate gambit hatched by the Igbo
intelligentsia to give the Southern
minorities their own turf in order to
reduce the national gang-up against the
Igbo. With their own home zone, they
would be able to project their own
interests rather than being the cat’s paw
of Igbo rivals from the North or West.

Flies in the face of what was previously said...
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by efficiencie(m): 9:37am On Jul 18, 2015
This comment:
It was also due to the efforts of
another group of Igbo intelligentsia
led by retired Commodore Okoh
Ebitu Ukiwe that led General Sani
Abacha to create Bayelsa and Ebonyi
states on October 1, 1996 , while
also approving the geo-political
zones, even though it is not (yet) in
the Constitution as the Igbo
recommended.

Suggests that if the south-south were excised from the south-east, how does this make the south-east better off? The autonomy of the south-south implies attrition between the south-south and south-east irrespective of the deals and agreements that may have taken place behind the scenes...
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Sweetguy25: 12:14am On Oct 28, 2015
A very vital thread for a very vital moment. LoL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? / Michelle Obama- I Belong To The Kitchen,the Living Room And The Other Room (pix) / Acting CJN Swears In 17 More Chairmen And Members Of Election Petition Tribunals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.