Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) (10065 Views)

How Igbo's Live 5years After Running To Yoruba Land / How Igbo Created South-south - Vanguard / Northerners Fought, Died And Created South-south States By Force –junaid Muhamme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Becomrich11: 3:00am On Dec 03, 2010
that is not the correct map of Nigeria.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by houvest: 3:22am On Dec 03, 2010
At the bolded I think that IMO the question should be refered to both the SE and SS. The SE has since after the war viewed the SS with suspicion because of the activities before, after and during the war while the SS  also viewed the Igbo with suspicion of a domination agenda and I do not know of serious  and sustained  efforts of making the SE and SS see themselves as brothers and neigbhours again except perhaps the present attempts at raproachment over the GEJ candidacy and the short lived CARIA states movement of Arthur Nzeribe. The mutual negative feelings have been exploited by other zones against these two brother GZones and this needs to stop. Wise, patient and articulate and perhaps new generation leaders from both sides have to make it to happen.
The SS and middlebelt have been exploring this link  you mentioned since the second republic on  the auspices of the 4th force or somerthing like that ie as a 4th option to the WAZOBIA tripod so it is not new. I believe as much as it is a political possibility, it still cannot replace the family bonds between the SE and SS especially The Igbo  and eastern SS and should not be a threat to the SE just as SE alliances elsewhere should not be a threat to the SS if things are properly understood, spelt out and put in the proper perspective of the importance of a strong SE/SS union or cooperation as a counterpoise to the west and North and for the common benefit of all not just the Igbo or the Ijaw or any  of the ethnics in that geographical/ geopolitical superzone. Also as long as such alliances do not become conspiracies to keep the other under.  In politics, the more the alliances , the better. The SE has had alliances with the North, Middle belt, SW, and yet none of them have broken family bonds between the SS and SE. I think that as much as the SE and SS realizes that their enemies are not within but without and try and rediscover their bonds and build on them, they should also explore alliances elsewhere not necessarily as an alternative to their bond but as a complement.

Beaf:

Oga, what do you mean by 5th columnist?
The problem we have in the SS / SE corner of the Nigeria are different worldviews toward problems that are similar. We have a situation where the political problem and goals are an exact match, but the direction to take is coloured the Igbo need to match the political clout of the core North and SW with a sphere of influence of their own; and a dogged fightback by the minorities who do no wish to be dominated and relegated to the part of playing pun.

Whichever way you look at it, the SE and SS are missing a trick and Nigeria is losing out. How?
Any cooperation between SS and SE will need to be above ethnicity (just like is the case within the SS); as soon as the immense power of such a union is unleashed, it would not be long before that same sort of cooperation extends to the SW and radiates outward and Northward.

I believe the SE can see the real threat in not forming what should be a natural symbiosis with the SS before the SS extends its highly successful post-ethnic style cooperation to the Middle Belt.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by PhysicsMHD(m): 3:30am On Dec 03, 2010
._.
_ _
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Becomrich11: 3:51am On Dec 03, 2010
Under britain port harcourt is part of Igboland. at the 1957 conference, state were ask to be created.

Even maps show , the ijaw do not own port harcourt.

So may be the igbos where telling the truth that the ijaws stole thier houses in port harcourt.

Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Onlytruth(m): 3:56am On Dec 03, 2010
^^

So where is the map? grin
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Becomrich11: 4:44am On Dec 03, 2010
see map

Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Becomrich11: 5:15am On Dec 03, 2010
Port Harcourt was part of Owerri Province until 1947. It was never part of Brass provinces.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Becomrich11: 6:15am On Dec 03, 2010
that why Isaac boro , did not declear niger delta in port harcourt.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Becomrich11: 6:35am On Dec 03, 2010
sepeleby, who do you think, you want to 419 or scam. You are talking to a person, who knows the history of nigeria more than 99% of the population of nigeria.

there was no niger delta kingdom.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Becomrich11: 6:40am On Dec 03, 2010
Look at the portion in 1958 the Igbo claim in the west part of the river niger as Igboland. Please check satellite picture. It is empty piece of land. Apart from asaba.

Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by houvest: 8:36am On Dec 03, 2010
Which variation of zoning? The Northern one of Between north and south or the Eastern one of rotating among the 6 GZones?

SapeleGuy:

Excanny, scepticism is a good thing. These so called minorities were actually the pre colonial kingdoms of the Niger Delta who in most cases had signed treaties with the British Empire. Did anybody ask them if they wanted to be part of the East, West regions? No.

This whole story of the geo political zones can't be told honestly without going back to Eyo Ita, the minority report, the proposed 7 states instead of 3 regions, the Richards constitution 1946, the pre colonial history of the regions and Adaka Boro. The seeds for this move were sown decades ago. As the saying goes, there is nothing new under the sun, only things people have forgotten.

After the Midwest was democratically established in 1963 as an autonomous and equal region, the West lost resources and income. Northern and Eastern regions were 'concerned that similar things would happen to them.

I would take the benevolence and generosity theory with a large pinch of salt, nobody gives freedom you have to take it.
As you said keep doing your research and you will keep the revisionist historians at bay.

Having said all of that, I support zoning and believe we have a common interest in its proper and fair implementation- 1 term of 5 years, no returns.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Obiagu1(m): 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2010
Anyone that thinks that SE and SS will ever cooperate again is deceiving himself. After GEJ, then what? That's when the real pain of the SS will start. No Igbo, who they despice, to bail them out; they are on their own now.

As far as I'm concerned, that's why I'll always call SS fake, Edo, Urhobo, Itsekiri, and Ijaw should go their way and form a region for their own interest (if a wall is needed to separate them from us, I'll be there helping with the construction) whereas the remaining SS and SE can form an understanding with mutual respect and trust. We don't need folks that will poison any position thing with their never ending restlessness, envy and hate.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Beaf: 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2010
^
Ol' boy, you need to calm down with all these hate talk.
There are lots of times I hear some Igbo boys convey certain things and I keep quiet, but I think I should speak up this time. You unintentionally make the Igbo look so small when you speak the way you have. Do you know the population of some of the groups you mentioned?
Dude, fear causes a lot of things (and its on both sides), some of them totally unreal. We don't need to fear one another, we will always be neighbours, there will never be a wall, so whats left? . . .Just the one thing, cooperation.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by aljharem(m): 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2010
Beaf:

^
There are lots of times I hear some Igbo boys convey certain things and I keep quiet, but I think I should speak up this time. You unintentionally make the Igbo look so small when you speak the way you have. Do you know the population of some of the groups you mentioned?
Dude, fear causes a lot of things (and its on both sides), some of them totally unreal. We don't need to fear one another, we will always be neighbours, there will never be a wall, so whats left? . . .Just the one thing, cooperation.

mumu how is he making the igbo population small

they are the 3rd largest ethnic group in nigeria by 18% the nearest is ijaw which is 4% so what do u mean
#
eveb if they seperate themselves from ss they are still all over nigeria(lagos,abuja etc) so whether there is ss or not they will still be a large ethnic group even before ss can smell it
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Obiagu1(m): 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2010
Beaf:

^

I don't want to know what their population is, big or small, they say only one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel. There can't be any cooperation when some group are perpetually using domination as a wedge. Domination from what? Igbos that are hard working and naturally competitive which is good for any nation/group is feared and hated for something unreal whereas when they were with the West, they were being toyed with, even Yoruba language was almost imposed on them, at the end of the day, who do they hate? IGBO. For what reason?

I'm sick of it, if I ever have my way, my wish will be done.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by jason12345: 3:39pm On Dec 03, 2010
it is my believe that the west and east do not hate each other. they both just envy each other's achievements. the reason is i have never heard igbos killing the yorubas or the yorubas killing the igbos.

about the ss issue,

i am just so surprised that it is the igbo that is begging for their co-operation not the ss. the igbos are everywhere, industriuos and hardworking, coupled with their "population" as the thrid largest ethnic group. it is just surprising, thats all.i am talking as a neutral
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Beaf: 3:42pm On Dec 03, 2010
Obiagu1:

I don't want to know what their population is, big or small, they say only one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel. There can't be any cooperation when some group are perpetually using domination as a wedge. Domination from what? Igbos that are hard working and naturally competitive which is good for any nation/group is feared and hated for something unreal whereas when they were with the West, they were being toyed with, even Yoruba language was almost imposed on them, at the end of the day, who do they hate? IGBO. For what reason?

I'm sick of it, if I ever have my way, my wish will be done.

Nobody hates you. Stop being paranoid and living on stories e.g. Yoruba being forced on people of the Mid-West. It never was.
Why do you think an Urhobo, Isoko or Itsekiri person would wake up with hatred for Igbo's in their heart? That sounds too far out na.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by jason12345: 3:49pm On Dec 03, 2010
@ obiagu1

BEAF is absolutely right. nothing can be closer to the truth.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Obiagu1(m): 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2010
jason12345:

it is my believe that the west and east do not hate each other. they both just envy each other's achievements. the reason is i have never heard igbos killing the yorubas or the yorubas killing the igbos.

about the ss issue,

i am just so surprised that it is the igbo that is begging for their co-operation not the ss. the igbos are everywhere, industriuos and hardworking, coupled with their "population" as the thrid largest ethnic group. it is just surprising, thats all.i am talking as a neutral

Igbos don't beg for their cooperation, though some do say it's good for both sides to cooperate. However, if their cooperation is needed for those that truly understand what is going on, SS would not have been created; we'll simply deal with whatever they bring. However, like the author stated, the South-South idea was, therefore, a deliberate gambit hatched by the Igbo intelligentsia to give the Southern minorities their own turf in order to reduce the national gang-up against the Igbo.

Ekwueme and co know what is going on, they aren't naive.

On the contrary, GEJ knows they can't achieve anything in Nigeria without the Igbos, even Asari Dokubo knows that. So who needs the other's cooperation?

With time, the suspicion of the North on the Igbos will whittle down, that's when the whole equation will change and we will see who will lose.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by aljharem(m): 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2010
jason12345:

@ obiagu1

BEAF is absolutely right. nothing can be closer to the truth.

jason sharrrp dia what beaf is wrong he is a mumu fact cool
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by aljharem(m): 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2010
Obiagu1:

Igbos don't beg for their cooperation, though some do say it's good for both sides to cooperate. However, if their cooperation is needed for those that truly understand what is going on, SS would not have been created; we'll simply deal with whatever they bring. However, like the author stated, the South-South idea was, therefore, a deliberate gambit hatched by the Igbo intelligentsia to give the Southern minorities their own turf in order to reduce the national gang-up against the Igbo.

Ekwueme and co know what is going on, they aren't naive.

On the contrary, GEJ knows they can't achieve anything in Nigeria without the Igbos, even Asari Dokubo knows that. So who needs the others cooperation?

With time, the suspicion of the North on the Igbos will whittle down, that's when the whole equation will change and we will see who will lose.

gbam

very soon the north and igbos will soon start co-operating

the west mid-west region(edo, rivers) are starting to take igbos as there brother

ijaw leader edwin still hates igbo

but very soon this igbo hate will stop and then ijaws are im troble for betraying igbo

can't wait cheesy
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by jason12345: 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2010
alj harem:

gbam

the west mid-west region(edo, rivers) are starting to take igbos as there brother

but very soon this igbo hate will stop and then ijaws are im troble for betraying igbo

can't wait cheesy

you are really sick!!! you cannot wait for your brother's downfall undecided? na wa ooo!!!
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by aljharem(m): 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2010
jason12345:

you are really sick!!! you cannot wait for your brother's downfall undecided? na wa ooo!!!

i beg sharrp as u say this is politics intrest is permanet friendship is tempoarry

so waht are u sayig again angry
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by jason12345: 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2010
alj harem:

i beg sharrp as u say this is politics intrest is permanet friendship is tempoarry

so waht are u sayig again angry

so it means you should be happy at someone's downfall? undecided
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Obiagu1(m): 4:34pm On Dec 03, 2010
alj harem:

gbam

can't wait cheesy

Whenever I hear his utterances, I'll laugh. Our first 50 yrs was marked by military coup and the North had free rides most of the time, now they are battling to preserve one North in other to win elections and the North will remain one.

This next phase is marked by election rigging where a minority like GEJ can be imposed on the nation. After that, I'm talking in the next 30 - 50 yrs, how a minority, from the South, will run for President and win or even anyone who wants to win an election will pick a minority as a running mate.

Igbos only need to rebuild the pact established by Zik and Sarduana before our young military men staged coup. That cooperation with the North was there, had worked, and can be rebuilt. We are in the process. Then we will see who needs who?
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Becomrich11: 7:35pm On Dec 03, 2010
I dont think you are serious. The idea of the igbo creating the 6 zone with abacha had nothing to do with help the southern minority. But more to do with igbos getting more of the national cake, they assume that they could manipulate the system if they were in 2 zone.

If the national cake was shared, they were going to get it in two ways.

The igbos never cared how others nigeria felt at that time. look I am telling if they have give the taraba and adamawa that option to pick where they would have been. They would not be in the north east.

I live in adamawa. Like many adamawa people have been trying to show you. most people in adamawa are ethnics minority. But the Ekwueme group never care where people from adamawa or taraba would prefer to be. I am telling adamawa and taraba state would have been part of the north centre if they were give that right. How can you force what they where not part of on them.

Now, you can see what happen to Bukola saraki. Kwara state. Do you want to tell me, if there were more Yoruba people in that north panel , that atiku would win. No, Atiku would loss. because the Ekwueme group never care about where the people of kwara and kogi would prefer to be. They never allowed the people to make that decision.

Now the 6 zone put Amachie or odili into disadvantage. Even thier next generation and even bukola next generation can never become president of nigeria. Is that a fair system . No. You dont create zones for your own selfish purpose, and that is what the Ekwueme group did and because they wanted it by force, Abacha put people into jail over it.

Their are hausa fulani in bauchi , you claim they are from north west. you put them into disadvantage. What it means is that Yugada and all fulani hausa next generation in that area can never be president of Nigeria.

We are look at the satellite picture. I am telling you over 90% of the people in the east from satellite picture area are mostly igbo. I dont want to over state it. I would even have said 95%, but not to over state it. If I am telling lies, there are nigerian all over the world look at the pictures too. they should all been in one zone. Bayelsa and ijaws should not be in the east, yes I agree with that.

If you notice this. The only people who talk of 6 zone in Nigeria are the igbos. Majority of nigerian do not see themself coming from any of the 6 zone. You have never heard of the North west or North east summit meeting or governor meeting or that nonsense. It is only the igbos that is talking of 6 zones that is not constitutional because it is to thier own advantages, which is selfish really.

And you can not force 6 zones on majority of nigeria who do not believe in the 6 zone. I am telling majority do not believe in it.

The igbos has seen how Wayo turn against them. Ijaw man is president. Wayo kill wayo.

every nigerian should have the same right.

Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Onlytruth(m): 7:46pm On Dec 03, 2010
^^
I'm still wondering when you will commit suicide because Igboman cheated you. undecided

I have a very good twine (tough rope) that can even carry a 1000 pound weight ('cos I think you must be really overweight).
This rope will get the job done. cool cool
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Becomrich11: 7:55pm On Dec 03, 2010
you, if jonathan use the 6 zone again, they would impreach jonathan. This is one of the problem jonathan is having, he is trying to force 6 zone on nigerian, while majority of nigerian do not believe in the 6 zone. And I am telling you, he is walking the thin line. They would impreach him , if he continue to use the 6 zones. He can not force what he want on majority of nigeria.
What is good for the igbos does not mean it is good for the rest of nigeria.

His talking of the 6 zones, is what is putting jonathan into problem, and they would end up impreaching him if he continue. I am telling,, as someone who has lived in the north .
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by SapeleGuy: 7:56pm On Dec 03, 2010
Becomrich}:

sepeleby, who do you think, you want to 419 or scam. You are talking to a person, who knows the history of nigeria more than 99% of the population of nigeria.

there was no niger delta kingdom.

How is life in Cotonou? I think you got a bit excited there and misunderstood the subtlety in what was written. There is no Niger Delta kingdom but there are Kingdoms in Niger Delta. Please continue, your posts are becoming very illuminating.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Onlytruth(m): 8:00pm On Dec 03, 2010
Becomrich}:

you, if jonathan use the 6 zone again, they would impreach jonathan. This is one of the problem jonathan is having, he is trying to force 6 zone on nigerian, while majority of nigerian do not believe in the 6 zone. And I am telling you, he is walking the thin line. They would impreach him , if he continue to use the 6 zones.

So how many zones do we have?

Let me guess . .  2 zones: Nigeria and Benin republic zones! hehehe!  grin grin grin
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Becomrich11: 8:00pm On Dec 03, 2010
His talking of the 6 zones, is what is putting jonathan into problem, and they would end up impreaching him if he continue. I am telling,, as someone who has lived in the north . he can not force what we did not agree with, on us. look many people went to jail over this, remember june 12.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Onlytruth(m): 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2010
Becomrich}:

His talking of the 6 zones, is what is putting jonathan into problem, and they would end up impreaching him if he continue. I am telling,, as someone who has lived in the north .

You mean that is what all the pastors in Nigeria are doing. . PREACHING to Jonathan. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bombshell!!! El-rufai, Aisha Kicks As Osinbajo Meet With Service Chiefs / Power Failure: Nigeria’s Crude Prices May Crash Further This Week / APC's Jude Ngaj Wins Yala/Ogoja Federal Constituency Bye-Election In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.