Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,820 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War (121395 Views)

Purim: ISRAEL Prime Minister Attends A Traditional Reading Of The Book Of Esther / British Soldiers Told To Get Ready For War Against Russia, Warn Loved Ones (Pics / New Zealand Should Be A Symbol For Everyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by Solorrman(m): 12:46am On Jan 05, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

You'll never hear christains contemplate revenge or reprisals when being persecuted but the adherrents of the religion of Piss always masturbate at the sight of blood...
What a religion!
christianashit Jesus Christ was the only said God that has anus and penix and ultimately,he was the only known God in history to come out touching vagiina. Which religion is piss ,ur god uses toilet to urinate and shitt ,u dnt deal with that shame yet insulting others as piss while urs is shitt and piss combined
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by obailala(m): 12:46am On Jan 05, 2020
SimplePlan34:
I don't know why such topics are on front page. No country on earth is a match to the USA in an open war even Russia. U are talking about a country with a navy bigger than the next 5 biggest navy nations, the country with d biggest Airforce. A country who spends over a billion dollars every 24hrs on its military since 9/11. Trump would have full veto powers in a time of war dats what he wants Iran is only using demslves as d scape goats.
Russia has over 6000 live nuclear warheads.
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by tck2000(m): 12:47am On Jan 05, 2020
funmike83:
Hmmm, no traveling anywhere for now, nowhere is safe. God bless my country Nigeria
Amen
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by Saka18(m): 12:48am On Jan 05, 2020
realestniggah:
I don't see how any sane individual can support the US who are known for war mongering.

First of all the United state are wrong to enter an international air space to fire using a drone on a citizen of another country.

I don't see in the news where a foreign government come into the USA to unleash a weapon. It never happen.

Why does the United state feel they can do that and get away with it?

Did Iran government ask for help before firing that drone?

How ever I you loom at it the United state are wrong.

Up until yesterday this was the first time I'm hear of that man.. And from images and videos I've seen he seem like a man who was loved by Iranian citizens.

If y'all support this.. I hope y'all are gonna support the USA when they come in here and fire a weapon killing Nnamdi kanu or sowore simply because someone labeled them terrorist.

You failed to realise how much aids in funds goes to the Iranian government account from US as support yearly. Iranian government cant curb the act of terrorism in the nation and they cant go against it and the government cant ask US to withdraw its support.

sugar daddy do wedding for u and u gave him strict orders not to interfere with ur marriage, Nigga u get mind.

Your mouth should be where u spend and that's why no court or even iran can sanction US for flying drones.
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by Solorrman(m): 12:48am On Jan 05, 2020
Mescana22:
Iran don too show off, trust me USA will not strike them in Iraq this time, USA will hot them hard on there on Soil, stealth Jets and USAF drones are all fully loadded and Fueled, Bring it on, But i know Russia and China will call for Peace, Are they really stupid to retaliate? US bases are surroundeing them on high alerts, Defcon 2, while the Almighty 7th Fleet is already closed , Lol
Iran Already lost
u better drink ur ogogoro and eat ur pathetic smelly egba and ogbono. U know nothing but drinking palm wine and pito,u are talking what u saw in American sci fi movie ,only a monkey would support a war and i think must be orangutan because its head looks like igbo

1 Like

Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by ScotMisile: 12:48am On Jan 05, 2020
Dogalmighty17:
Why this is a war America may find extremely difficult to win.
Sure, America has the upper hand when it comes to military tech. But Iran is surely no push over. Allied with China and Russia, Iran is also bordered by them and is the largest foriegn market for their weaponry. Neither Russia nor China will want to have America on their doorsteps which is why China keeps propping up North Korea as a buffer between it and the American allied South Korea. Russia also keeps a close tab on its border neighbors. Should any of the countries that border Russia even think of becoming allied with the US, Russia invades that country. We saw them do it to Georgia in 2008 and more recently, Ukraine. Russia and China will not hesitate to side with Iran against America should this conflict become hot.

Now, unlike Iraq and Afghanistan, Iran does have some bite behind it's bark. The thousands of yakhont missiles Iran possesses are enough to shut down shipping in the strait of homuz.

THE STRAIT OF HOMUZ AND WHY IT IS IMPORTANT.
This strait is where a majority of the ships humanity depends for international movement of goods must pass. It lies very close to Iran. If this strait is filled with anti-ship mines, global shipping will be drastically reduced. Also, the strait lies very well within the range of thousands of Iranian artillery and missiles. Any American war vessel that finds itself within this strait, will be sunk. America may posses some of the finest anti ballistic missile technology there is, but none of them have been battle tested. The Patriot missile system is garbage. Iran has also recently purchased the most advanced aerial denial missile system in the world. The Russian built S-400. This system can engage and bring down simultaneously, around 96 different targets! The Americans have nothing close to this.

IN WHAT OTHER WAY CAN IRAN RETALIATE?
For one, the Iranians have a very advanced cyberwarfare department. Expect to see them attacking American electricity grids, banking systems and even healthcare industry.

The Iranians also have sleeper cells all over the world that can be activated to Target specific Americans. One such sleeper cell they had deep in Washington DC, was able to carry out an attack on a Saudi Arabian General that was on their list.

Expect the Iranians to also Target all Trump properties across the globe. These are legitimate Targets.

Iran has equipped Hezbollah in Lebanon with thousands of missiles. At Irans word, Hezbollah can launch these missiles into Israel. The iron dome anti missile system Israel possesses can't cope with such massive volume of incoming projectiles. Remember that 14 years ago, Israel and Hezbollah engaged in serious military combat. Israel could not defeat Hezbollah and a truce had to be called.

This conflict will likely become a war of attrition. Iran can afford to lose thousands of its soldiers. Can the United States do same?

In all, this was a poorly thought out decision by Trump. The world awaits the consequences.
You were making sense until you took sides, keep deceiving yourself... Abiiii US don misbeehive.... Oya naa IRAN perform your magic.

1 Like

Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by crestdevelopers: 12:49am On Jan 05, 2020
DexterousOne:

EXACTLY

Economic crisis looming
I tell you.... all this one go begin affect financial market movement anyhow... which kind wahala be this one again nah
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by gnykelly(m): 12:50am On Jan 05, 2020
Vortex369:
America will shoot down the flag and nothing will happen. grin

They should start the war abeg.

Life is so boring without some war games.

I pray you don't see what you hoping for.
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by wirinet(m): 12:51am On Jan 05, 2020
SimplePlan34:
I don't know why such topics are on front page. No country on earth is a match to the USA in an open war even Russia. U are talking about a country with a navy bigger than the next 5 biggest navy nations, the country with d biggest Airforce. A country who spends over a billion dollars every 24hrs on its military since 9/11. Trump would have full veto powers in a time of war dats what he wants Iran is only using demslves as d scape goats.
The biggest navy, airforce and trillions of dollars did not win them the Vietnam war, the Korean war and the Afghan war. All the wars they won was fought with allies against a poorly organized and not determined foe.
Iran can obviously not fight a conventional war with the US, but Iran is master of unconventional or asymmetrical war. This has been shown in the hezbollah wars and the Houthi war. Iran would just be hitting taegets of US and it's allies and run. The US will retaliate back by hitting targets inside Iran. This can go on for decades. The US cannot invade and capture Iran easily. It will come at tremendous costs in terms of casualties and costs. The US can't take high casualties.

2 Likes

Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by Solorrman(m): 12:52am On Jan 05, 2020
jaxxy:

I feel very sorry for Iran. They are too emotional. When the so called Soleimani was killing Americans they didn’t realize Americans will come for him or what?

I will advise them to go into audio war and leave it at that. America is very hungry and angry for war right now. Don’t even tempt them.
bro just go to mama ogochuku restaurant and eat isheu ,drink palm wine and ogogoro and leave what u dnt know,do u think this conflict is like Biafra or iraq and Libya's war ba ? U must know that America could not finish simple little group of Taliban for 17 years let alone a whole populated country.
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by Solorrman(m): 12:55am On Jan 05, 2020
Vortex369:

What is my business? I am not living in any of those countries. I am just enjoying the show without the emotional baggages that comes with morality.\\

I am an Observer, I own no stakes in the war and fires no shot, so why should I carry the burden of witnessing the war?

Free your mind, and enjoy the Game of Life.
u must be sick and having no religion to guide u. If u are Christian or Muslim that means u just leave the religion because those religion forbid u enjoying killing people
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by ScotMisile: 12:57am On Jan 05, 2020
nanaman:
Put religion aside. These Iranians are not cowards like Nigerian youths whose souls and minds have been caged by their oppressors. They are fearless and support each other, not like Nigerian youths who are selfish and self-centered. Forget it, let all US allies support her, Iran would cause a monumental havoc that US would forever remember.

See,they are not going to start calling Imams and Alfas or run to mosque for shelter, they would face the war together. They are ready to pay the price with their blood. If it were to be in Nigeria, religious houses would be full by now.

Nigerian youths, stop ranting. Drop your keypads and face your oppressors. Let them know the CHANGE they poised should start with them. Stop unnecessary arguments and flimsy issues that would not take the country to another level.

The War between them will never get here. You can read,watch and listen to news to keep yourself abreast of the latest development. However,don't watch others fighting while your house is not intact.
E don pain dis one.

1 Like

Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by Solorrman(m): 12:59am On Jan 05, 2020
kevwemike:
my brother let them try Israel first, Israel have been looking for a way to go to war with Iran ever since let them try Israel first then Iran we not exist as a country again. If Iran and North Korea is attacked there will be peace in the world expecially in Nigeria.
abeg eat ur garri ,ogbono and ogogoro and leave this matter to those who knows. Even Americans said the war would be like never before and yet u here in mama ogorochukuna drinking palm wine ranting rubish
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by ScotMisile: 12:59am On Jan 05, 2020
wirinet:

The biggest navy, airforce and trillions of dollars did not win them the Vietnam war, the Korean war and the Afghan war. All the wars they won was fought with allies against a poorly organized and not determined foe.
Iran can obviously not fight a conventional war with the US, but Iran is master of unconventional or asymmetrical war. This has been shown in the hezbollah wars and the Houthi war. Iran would just be hitting taegets of US and it's allies and run. The US will retaliate back by hitting targets inside Iran. This can go on for decades. The US cannot invade and capture Iran easily. It will come at tremendous costs in terms of casualties and costs. The US can't take high casualties.
Trash
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by nelsonoba: 1:10am On Jan 05, 2020
Temmytayor90:
USA will not want a war with iran because they( USA) will be hurt badly......

I really don't understand how guys like you reason. It took the US less than two months to topple the regime of Saddam Hussein in 2003 after they declared war on Iraq. Iraq had the 4th largest armed forces in the world back then. What makes you think Iran is any match for the United States?? Iran can only make noise just like Saddam did but they will be trampled under America's feet if they dare attack any American targets
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by Standing5(m): 1:10am On Jan 05, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I entered the new year ejaculating, my mates were praying.
Someone said it is a bad omen.

They may be right if truly Iran wants to go to war.

Because by the time they are through with USA and Israel, some of us might not even have any semen left to ejaculate again.

I just hope they don't transfer some aggression on those holding ElZazaky because Trump has pushed Iran into Overdrive.
And this anger knows no mercy.

That is what I call a nation.
A country that knows when push has turned to shove.

If it were one country now, it's Minister of Communication would have since given a press release denying the death of any General.

He'd call the missile attack a case of firecrackers and 'knockouts' from excited children celebrating the New Year then blame the opposition for heating up the polity by spreading fake news.

While the Presidential media aide will say that the said General committed suicide just to apologize to the US.

Bad is bad.
I love the U.S of A but I stand with Iran.
Those holding El Zakzaky are muslims looking to crush Shi'ite into the mainstream Islam. Have you wondered why since Buratai clashed with Shiite over blockage of roads in 2015 he has never clashed with Suuni muslims who block road in major cities during their Friday prayers? That's cos the current persecution against Shi'ite is largely a internal Islamic struggle.
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by davidque: 1:10am On Jan 05, 2020
poshestmina:
No victory in war.
Both sides will get burnt badly.

Its a pity .
Not both sides, the world will be hurt. Any major now affects us all
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by Adexvivacity(m): 1:13am On Jan 05, 2020
Those fools up there should remember Goliath's bragging before the small David finished him.

1 Like

Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by Biodun556(m): 1:13am On Jan 05, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I entered the new year ejaculating, my mates were praying.
Someone said it is a bad omen.

They may be right if truly Iran wants to go to war.

Because by the time they are through with USA and Israel, some of us might not even have any semen left to ejaculate again.

I just hope they don't transfer some aggression on those holding ElZazaky because Trump has pushed Iran into Overdrive.
And this anger knows no mercy.

That is what I call a nation.
A country that knows when push has turned to shove.

If it were one country now, it's Minister of Communication would have since given a press release denying the death of any General.

He'd call the missile attack a case of firecrackers and 'knockouts' from excited children celebrating the New Year then blame the opposition for heating up the polity by spreading fake news.

While the Presidential media aide will say that the said General committed suicide just to apologize to the US.

Bad is bad.
I love the U.S of A but I stand with Iran.

Attack and killing of a top military officer to many countries including USA is declaration of war. Soleimaini has not been declared a terrorist or sanctioned by any country

1 Like

Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by donaldfafree(m): 1:15am On Jan 05, 2020
He was killed in Iraq not Iran
realestniggah:
I don't see how any sane individual can support the US who are known for war mongering.

First of all the United state are wrong to enter an international air space to fire using a drone on a citizen of another country.

I don't see in the news where a foreign government come into the USA to unleash a weapon. It never happen.

Why does the United state feel they can do that and get away with it?

Did Iran government ask for help before firing that drone?

How ever I you loom at it the United state are wrong.

Up until yesterday this was the first time I'm hear of that man.. And from images and videos I've seen he seem like a man who was loved by Iranian citizens.

If y'all support this.. I hope y'all are gonna support the USA when they come in here and fire a weapon killing Nnamdi kanu or sowore simply because someone labeled them terrorist.
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by ScotMisile: 1:19am On Jan 05, 2020
Onlyonebuhari:
How will you enter sovereign country and kill her citizen? What's is the man crime that you can't let him face the law after u claim you are a keeper of rule of law. The US has forgotten that this time they will fight Iran, Iraq, Russia, China and North Korea at a time. America depend on foreign army and no country will release their Army to THE USA.
US injustice taken too far, but some fools still supporting them!
.you will sit in your room... To order those nations not to support US.
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by alexola20(m): 1:20am On Jan 05, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by subcbouy: 1:26am On Jan 05, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
They can never strike US.

But a US allied they will take down.

Israel, Saudi and Kuwait should watch out
Take down Israel is a joke.
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by Godsonkemz(m): 1:32am On Jan 05, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE EXCITING, BUT I'M DISSAPOINTED WITH AMERICA. THEY SHOULD HAVE DIRECTED THOSE MISSILES TO BUHARI'S HEAD INSTEAD.

This is the nicest comment I've read on nairaland.

The fight to get rid of a dictator is a fight for democracy and a fight for democracy is a fight for the nations building.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by reidkrugger(m): 1:35am On Jan 05, 2020
Dogalmighty17:
Why this is a war America may find extremely difficult to win.
Sure, America has the upper hand when it comes to military tech. But Iran is surely no push over. Allied with China and Russia, Iran is also bordered by them and is the largest foriegn market for their weaponry. Neither Russia nor China will want to have America on their doorsteps which is why China keeps propping up North Korea as a buffer between it and the American allied South Korea. Russia also keeps a close tab on its border neighbors. Should any of the countries that border Russia even think of becoming allied with the US, Russia invades that country. We saw them do it to Georgia in 2008 and more recently, Ukraine. Russia and China will not hesitate to side with Iran against America should this conflict become hot.

Now, unlike Iraq and Afghanistan, Iran does have some bite behind it's bark. The thousands of yakhont missiles Iran possesses are enough to shut down shipping in the strait of homuz.

THE STRAIT OF HOMUZ AND WHY IT IS IMPORTANT.
This strait is where a majority of the ships humanity depends for international movement of goods must pass. It lies very close to Iran. If this strait is filled with anti-ship mines, global shipping will be drastically reduced. Also, the strait lies very well within the range of thousands of Iranian artillery and missiles. Any American war vessel that finds itself within this strait, will be sunk. America may posses some of the finest anti ballistic missile technology there is, but none of them have been battle tested. The Patriot missile system is garbage. Iran has also recently purchased the most advanced aerial denial missile system in the world. The Russian built S-400. This system can engage and bring down simultaneously, around 96 different targets! The Americans have nothing close to this.

IN WHAT OTHER WAY CAN IRAN RETALIATE?
For one, the Iranians have a very advanced cyberwarfare department. Expect to see them attacking American electricity grids, banking systems and even healthcare industry.

The Iranians also have sleeper cells all over the world that can be activated to Target specific Americans. One such sleeper cell they had deep in Washington DC, was able to carry out an attack on a Saudi Arabian General that was on their list.

Expect the Iranians to also Target all Trump properties across the globe. These are legitimate Targets.

Iran has equipped Hezbollah in Lebanon with thousands of missiles. At Irans word, Hezbollah can launch these missiles into Israel. The iron dome anti missile system Israel possesses can't cope with such massive volume of incoming projectiles. Remember that 14 years ago, Israel and Hezbollah engaged in serious military combat. Israel could not defeat Hezbollah and a truce had to be called.

This conflict will likely become a war of attrition. Iran can afford to lose thousands of its soldiers. Can the United States do same?

In all, this was a poorly thought out decision by Trump. The world awaits the consequences.

Bros, you've spoken intelligently but in the end, all these are theories. Even I that's not a General knows that if you attack d heart, the body dies. So what are we saying.
Last word, Iran does jack at their detriment and nobody will stick their necks for them. Nor be only Russia and China.

1 Like

Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by EasternPrince: 1:37am On Jan 05, 2020
Mcquine:

Who is feeding you this bullcra.p

You watch too much TV

Feel free to eat the cowshit African fake new websites feed you. I don't give a rats ass.
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by DarkJeddi(m): 1:43am On Jan 05, 2020
Zuorom:
Noisemakers, Iran is not match for the US, they aren't a super power. US will turn Iran into a pile of rubble in no time if they are stupid enough to go to war with the US
And you think Iran will be so stupid as to engage the US in an open combat?

Thank God you're no Military Strategist..

Have you heard of Guerrilla Warfare before?
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by Laurene: 1:44am On Jan 05, 2020
cheesy
Temmytayor90:
grin
Temmytayor90:
typical of buharists. USA will be hurt badly but not Iran.
Funniest thing is that war won't reach the US border but Iran will turn to testing ground for their new weapons. Iran will be decimated to dust in matter of months
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by Horus(m): 1:49am On Jan 05, 2020
RED ALERT: Iran vows to hit 35 US targets
Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 1:55am On Jan 05, 2020
subcbouy:
Take down Israel is a joke.

Do you know what one man and one bullet can do in warfare?

Am certain you don't know!

1 Like

Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 1:57am On Jan 05, 2020
Softness147:

If they try Isreal,that's the worst of its all

You don't know what's happening, trust me.

You don't know the final players of what's boiling.

Only Iran you are looking at.

1 Like

Re: Iran Hoists The Red Flag Which Is A Traditional Symbol For War by mysticwarrior(m): 1:58am On Jan 05, 2020
wirinet:

nice write up, the US lost the Korean war when their battalions were routed out by north Korean troops, the US would be making a big mistake if it decided to invade Iran

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

Man Grows Breasts After Sex With Neighbour's Wife (photos) / Qassem Soleimani's Hand Before And After The Attack (Graphic Photos) / Kim Jong-un Reportedly Dead After Botched Heart Surgery - TMZ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.