Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,281 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) (90463 Views)

17 Travellers Burn To Death In Fatal Crash On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic) / Trailer Loses Control, Crushes A Bus Along Apapa-Oshodi Expressway (Graphic Pics / Vehicle Crushes A Lady's Leg On Ore-Benin Expressway (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 4:16pm On Jan 06, 2020
Youngsage:

@bolded, yels I have.

Oh okay, I get your point now. Just wanted you to clarify your stance.

But sha, SUV pass SUV u no? tongue

As long as the CG is high compared to a Sedan, it will always have those tendencies.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 06, 2020
kernniejay:
OMG! Just 6 days into the new year and some people just left this world in such a bloody manner!

People leave this world everyday.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by WildChild00(m): 4:17pm On Jan 06, 2020
Stillthebest:
kiss

This could be a brake failure. Can't forget the day my brake failed on a motion. Thank God I wasn't accelerating too high.

My own my Tyre punched, I was not on high speed, but never match break.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Broadenyourhori: 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
Naijmobile:
If you know this car number please contact the family. The car collided with a truck and the passengers died instantly. The sad incident happened after ore heading to shegamu this morning.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2693880597359630&id=100002131497176

Let us pray!
Say after me - Father Lord, untimely and painful death shall NOT be my portion in Jesus' name - Amen

6 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Empiree: 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
PointZerom:
Welcome to Nigeria where natural death is a taboo.

Don't be surprise that one useless drunkard packed that truck there overnight while sleeping with a prostitute.
You sure the SUV was not overspeeding?
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Jonwesley(m): 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
Man, the driver and a woman in the front sitting position of the SUV. Too bad.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Nthrone(m): 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
Mateen1000:
Pls Put "Graphics Pics"
This is so terrible and scary
May their soul rest in peace

Nothing scary there, bikooo, I advice you to start watching horror movie, u re emotionally soft
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by one1prax(m): 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
may they Rest In Peace
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by iamJ(m): 4:19pm On Jan 06, 2020
PointZerom:
Welcome to Nigeria where natural death is a taboo.

Don't be surprise that one useless drunkard packed that truck there overnight while sleeping with a prostitute.
very detailed cheesy

I dey suspect you
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 4:20pm On Jan 06, 2020
Empiree:
You sure the SUV was not overspending?

Overspending what?

Naira or Dollars

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by A305: 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2020
lexy2014:

And from d pix, d truck wasnt parked on d road. How did d Lexus end up on that lane?
I just tire brother.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by TheSourcerer: 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2020
Geminita1:
OMG, I hate trucks!!!!!! angry
you have no idea how much problems they have caused
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Nova1988(m): 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2020
This Express way is cursed��
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Empiree: 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:

Overspending what?

Naira or Dollars
mejeji grin
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by ABIODUNOLAOPA1(m): 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2020
This is very unfortunate and may their soul rest in peace. However, this was caused my reckless driving. That truck was parked on d shoulder of d road and d driver of that Lexus appeared to be overtaking from right hand and on d shoulder of d road which is violation of traffic rule. The practice is common among drivers on Benin Ore Shagamu express road especially between Ore and Ijebu Ode.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Tapout(m): 4:23pm On Jan 06, 2020
foolbuster:
Me do over 120km/h in an SUV. I dey craze?
I can risk overspeeding in a sedan never in an SUV unless its an urus.

120km/h on any vehicle isn't even fast enough IMO. i comfortably do that without blinking......but from all indications, that truck was stationary. dunno why FRSC turn a blind eye to stationary trucks on the road.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by excellentj4teal(m): 4:23pm On Jan 06, 2020
This heading is shit... Why would you say Lagos /ibadan expressway when it happened after Ore heading towards Shagamu. It's Ore/Shagamu expressway man

6 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by femi4: 4:23pm On Jan 06, 2020
Madaraa1:
that is why I prefer back seat
What if your Vehicle got hit from the back

2 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by benpuzzy(m): 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2020
There is absolutly nothing that AirBag will do here, RIP to the dead and may God give the family fortitude to bear this sudden departure.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2020
THIS IS PROBABLY DUE TO OVER SPEEDING AND LIKELY DRIVING UNDER INFLUENCE.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Geeboy10(m): 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2020
Madaraa1:
You think you are smarter, huh? Just thank your Creator for watching over you... I've seen and heard of accidents that only those who sat at d back seat lost their lives... so u don't think truck can hit a vehicle from behind?

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by midehi2(f): 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2020
lexy2014:

And from d pix, d truck wasnt parked on d road. How did d Lexus end up on that lane?
Like what i just said, this very accident looks like the one of about 3yrs ago xmas period on that ore road, same car, same parked truck, same fine lady at the front car, it happened right before us, immediately after Ore, the rate of speed from the car was much that we even have to flag him down to drive easy, the next thing we heard was "gbaoooo, on a parked truck, the worst was they all died in that crash, but my surprised was how come even the occupant at the back seat died too, a young boy at the back seat of the driver, just as this pics died too, the man driving was the last to take his last breath after so much long effort to open his door, that day i cried my eyes out, very beautiful family

RIP to them
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Digriz(m): 4:28pm On Jan 06, 2020
ABIODUNOLAOPA1:
This is very unfortunate and may their soul rest in peace. However, this was caused my reckless driving. That truck was parked on d shoulder of d road and d driver of that Lexus appeared to be overtaking from right hand and on d shoulder of d road which is violation of traffic rule. The practice is common among drivers on Benin Ore Shagamu express road especially between Ore and Ijebu Ode.
i thought the same,i almost lost my life on the same road by a stupid driver that did the same overtaking from the right side.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by wwwihy: 4:28pm On Jan 06, 2020
Lagos - Ibadan or Lagos-Benin?
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by 5chrisade: 4:29pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ucee1999:

Seat position doesn't matter at all. Once it is your time it is your time.

You are correct to some extent. Anyone in the back seat of that car on seat belt would have had a lesser impact.

Remember the late minister from Kogi state. He died alongside his wife in a ghastly motor accident, he had no seat belt on. Only his driver survived because he had his seat belt on. This was from REPORT from d scene.
Always put on the seat belt regardless of ur sitting position(FRONT seat or back seat). You never can tell when accident will happen.
May their gentle souls rest in peace.
Don't allow people to discourage u from putting on the seat belt, we need to be alert and self conscious all the time.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Ifakiland(m): 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2020
Not bad, just few new car parts, fresh painting and the SUV is back to normal. Would still worth atleast 2m.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Skmoda360(m): 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2020
Madaraa1:
Abeg forget back seat ask for divine immunity from God....it's the best thing to have.....
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by profilemessages: 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2020
la illaha illa allahu
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Nthrone(m): 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2020
Over speeding kills. Oga what happened to your break?
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2020
What the fucck, was the truck parked on the highway or what? What was the SUV driver doing when he rammed himself behind the truck? Such a terrible way to die!
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by drololaaof: 4:31pm On Jan 06, 2020
Very tragic ,RIP to the ,Your caption Lagos ‐Ibadan is Ore ‐Ijebu ode‐Sagamu not different from Lagos‐ Ibadan route?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cannibal Tribe That 'Killed & Ate Rockefeller' (Photos) / The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) / Lady Dies In A Fatal Accident In Suleja. Do You Know Her? (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.