Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) (90517 Views)

17 Travellers Burn To Death In Fatal Crash On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic) / Trailer Loses Control, Crushes A Bus Along Apapa-Oshodi Expressway (Graphic Pics / Vehicle Crushes A Lady's Leg On Ore-Benin Expressway (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2020
midehi2:

Like what i just said, this very accident looks like the one of about 3yrs ago xmas period on that ore road, same car, same parked truck, same fine lady at the front car, it happened right before us, immediately after Ore, the rate of speed from the car was much that we even have to flag him down to drive easy, the next thing we heard was "gbaoooo, on a parked truck, the worst was they all died in that crash, but my surprised was how come even the occupant at the back seat died too, a young boy at the back seat of the driver, just as this pics died too, the man driving was the last to take his last breath after so much long effort to open his door, that day i cried my eyes out, very beautiful family

RIP to them

No way it's the same vehicle. The plates on this vehicle was recently registered.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by lifenajeje(m): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2020
Madaraa1:
that is why I prefer back seat

No part is safe one can also get rammed from behind .
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by richPHAROAH: 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2020
awo all these lagos james borne drivers, u will be seeing them rushing as of e get one important thing wey dem dey go do. rip.
lagos has the most annoying drivers
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Joseph08(m): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2020
Village people una don try o..Enemies of progress everywhere.
I think they're just returning from the village after Xmas and new year celebration. God have mercy on us o.
Little did they know some people were staring at them badly.
RIP!!!
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Roon9(m): 5:04pm On Jan 06, 2020
foolbuster:

Have you ever sat at the driving seat of an SUV? If you have why do you think all those warnings are there especially on the sun visor.

Anyway the primary reason is that SUVs have a higher centre of gravity. They can easily sumersault. You cant steer abruptly to avoid obstacles on high speeds. Amongst other reasons.

Thanks for sharing this
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by arthorjnr(m): 5:04pm On Jan 06, 2020
Nikeballer:

"Protector" is not with those that died undecided

And how do you know he was with them?

Mehn... People in this life.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Simplyleo: 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2020
foolbuster:

Have you ever sat at the driving seat of an SUV? If you have why do you think all those warnings are there especially on the sun visor.

Anyway the primary reason is that SUVs have a higher centre of gravity. They can easily sumersault. You cant steer abruptly to avoid obstacles on high speeds. Amongst other reasons.
Absolutely right.

I drive SUV and sedan. I use the SUV in Lagos because of bad roads especially during raining season. But if I'm travelling by road, na sedan things be dat o. Very stable due to low centre of gravity and easily manoeuvreable due to small size (Corolla sport). Additionally, very good fuel economy. cool

RIP to the dead. cry

2 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by ayanbaba2(m): 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2020
Madaraa1:
idioti.c slowpoke!
you gangan!

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by frowland(m): 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2020
PointZerom:
Welcome to Nigeria where natural death is a taboo.

Don't be surprise that one useless drunkard packed that truck there overnight while sleeping with a prostitute.

Oga look very well, that truck guy parked well, but maybe no triangle. What causes this type of accident is most likely the driver slept off and rammed his vehicle to the parked truck OR he tried a dangerous overtake and ran into a parked truck. There is no tire break lines on the road to show he applied breaks to fix the situation. Its totally a situation where the driver is not with his head.
This even did not happen at night but day from the visible evidence.
While coming back from East on the 31st, the driver in my front was sleeping and jearing all over the place. I used my horn to blast him continuously until he regained conciousness and parked. 5 seconds sleep on steering can be deadly.

5 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by lifenajeje(m): 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2020
excellentj4teal:
This heading is shit... Why would you say Lagos /ibadan expressway when it happened after Ore heading towards Shagamu. It's Ore/Shagamu expressway man

I tire oh
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Churchill01(m): 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2020
Madaraa1:
front seat, back seat, who go die go die �
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Danikayan: 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

Absolutely right.

I drive SUV and sedan. I use the SUV in Lagos because of bad roads especially during raining season. But if I'm travelling by road, na sedan things be dat o. Very stable due to low centre of gravity and easily manoeuvreable due to small size (Corolla sport). Additionally, very good fuel economy. cool

RIP to the dead. cry
[/s]
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Perfecttouchade: 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2020
Lexus SUV too get speed then you should drive without too much speed
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by thepranksta: 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2020
Whatever the cause, this should serve as a reminder to drive carefully. People tend to underestimate how dangerous driving can be. Please pay attention on the road!
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by gwama: 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2020
Like it is white people in the car. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by arthorjnr(m): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2020
SexytorresE:
This sky God can’t even stop this terrible thing from happening to this people after they prayed to him for nothing. Rest on beautiful souls cry cry

I'm not trying to derail from the topic but why are some of you too quick to blame God?

Like did they invite you in their prayers?
Or did you pray with them?
Or you think after praying and you go about speeding on the road and you crash its God's fault?

I don't know how God thinks but even if you take God away from the world, these sort of stuff will still happen!!... So quit blaming him!!!... If he decides to save, fine, if he doesn't, times up!!
Deal with it and move on.

R. I. P to the dead...let us learn from this.
Speed kills.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by seunfape(m): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2020
This country can't last
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Dayoara: 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2020
Pathetic, the speed must be much, .... Seriously its horrible .... R. I.P
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Slate80(m): 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2020
In as much as I say RIP to the dead and send my thoughts to their loved ones, I want to please implore us to eschew over speeding while driving home from Christmas holidays. Slow and steady wins the race also those of us that bought new cars and want to showoff in the village but can't driver well or are inexperienced driver please look for an experienced driver to carry you. Inexperienced drivers entering the highway to drive home to showoff is the number one cause of accident during Christmas period.

2 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by hardbody: 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
Youngsage:

Speeding in a sedan or SUV, what's the difference

Sedans are built for more speed than SUV which are built for rugged terrain. Most Nigerians don't understand this basic fact and the explanation lies more on the centre of gravity and law of aerodynamics. Which is why you should do less speed with SUVs than with sedans
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by SexytorresE(f): 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
arthorjnr:

I'm not trying to derail from the topic but why are some of you too quick to blame God?

Like did they invite you in their prayers?
Or did you pray with them?
Or you think after praying and you go about speeding on the road and you crash its God's fault?

I don't know how God thinks but even if you take God away from the world, these sort of stuff will still happen!!... So quit blaming him!!!... If he decides to save, fine, if he doesn't, times up!!
Deal with it and move on.

R. I. P to the dead...let us learn from this.
Speed kills.
is that all?
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2020
They look like foreigners...chinese or so. Terrible

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by hardbody: 5:27pm On Jan 06, 2020
SexytorresE:
is that all?

I like female atheists and their reasoning. I am not saying they are right anyways, I am a firm believer in God, but there is a reason I love how they think and reason
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Femchrist: 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2020
This images looks scary. Please indicate strong graphics theme next time. May there soul rest in peace.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by higgs: 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2020
Most Nigerians drive too fast.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by obama30: 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2020
Naijmobile:
If you know this car number please contact the family. The car collided with a truck and the passengers died instantly. The sad incident happened after ore heading to shegamu this morning.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2693880597359630&id=100002131497176

Rest in peace, please the poster should open the car door from behind and look for their phone and call the numbers of the phone the contacts on the phone know the phone owner
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by atobs4real(m): 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2020
Mateen1000:
Pls Put "Graphics Pics"
This is so terrible and scary
May their soul rest in peace
Hope their is no plaster on your eye? The news already have "graphic". RIP to the dead.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by ManIzHot: 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2020

graphic

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Vuvuzela101: 5:31pm On Jan 06, 2020
The owner of this vehicle is Okechukwu Chigozie. Maybe he is returning from the east with the spouse or acquitance.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by EdiskyHarry: 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2020
the person that packed that car, did he put any indicator for someone to know of the immediate danger ahead, if not he should be arrested for man slaughter
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Bizzyliss(m): 5:34pm On Jan 06, 2020
midehi2:

When?
today
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by gwama: 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2020
Joseph08:
Village people una don try o..Enemies of progress everywhere.
I think they're just returning from the village after Xmas and new year celebration. God have mercy on us o.
Little did they know some people were staring at them badly.
RIP!!!

I think they are white people, so your village people story does not hold water. cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cannibal Tribe That 'Killed & Ate Rockefeller' (Photos) / The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) / Lady Dies In A Fatal Accident In Suleja. Do You Know Her? (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.