Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) (90559 Views)

17 Travellers Burn To Death In Fatal Crash On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic) / Trailer Loses Control, Crushes A Bus Along Apapa-Oshodi Expressway (Graphic Pics / Vehicle Crushes A Lady's Leg On Ore-Benin Expressway (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Galaticos444: 5:38pm On Jan 06, 2020
Madaraa1:
that is why I prefer back seat
but naija gals loves front seat like a fat dude loves cake.RIP to d dead
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by juman(m): 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2020
Terrible accident.
Please drive with care.

I wonder how I still dey alive.
Nigeria is hell.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Jarus(m): 5:43pm On Jan 06, 2020
foolbuster:
Me do over 120km/h in an SUV. I dey craze?
I can risk overspeeding in a sedan never in an SUV unless its an urus.

A Sedan would have been worse in this kind of situation because it will completely enter the underbelly of that truck

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Ucee1999: 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ifakiland:
Not bad, just few new car parts, fresh painting and the SUV is back to normal. Would still worth atleast 2m.

If I slap that your long mouth eh!

2 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Brightiknow(m): 5:51pm On Jan 06, 2020
I fear trucks on Nigeria roads more than bullet,
RIP to the dead
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Ucee1999: 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2020
Fheelzz:
SUBHANALLAH may we and our family members encounter such. chai

Just review what you just typed
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by tweakdude1: 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2020
Oh Lord
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Ucee1999: 6:01pm On Jan 06, 2020
DMerciful:
It matters. Middle to back seats are the safest!

Your level of reasoning is so low. Chai

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Akharmony: 6:02pm On Jan 06, 2020
Has horrible has it may sound, I think women drive also but you just rarely hear them been involve in such kind of accident.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Benjakido: 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2020
'Mettalic monster' at work again
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by IAmTobore(m): 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2020
Madaraa1:
that is why I prefer back seat
What if the truck run enter them for back.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by just4fun(m): 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2020
Stillthebest:
kiss

This could be a brake failure. Can't forget the day my brake failed on a motion. Thank God I wasn't accelerating too high.

I can relate to such Brake failure experience!! I wasn't speed but d shock i had when i applied brake n it did not respond

Hmmmnnn......... Thank God for life I am here TODAY.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by IAmTobore(m): 6:13pm On Jan 06, 2020
Youngsage:

Speeding in a sedan or SUV, what's the difference
Handling is the difference. But it wasn't necessary for him to add urus.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Ucee1999: 6:17pm On Jan 06, 2020
Better to be mister late than late mister

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by xavuv: 6:24pm On Jan 06, 2020
zikter:
The degree of impact.
Not explanatory.
Arevthe figures in mph or km/h?
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by DMerciful(m): 6:27pm On Jan 06, 2020
The problem with you guys is that you're unnecessarily religious even though you're ungodly! Watch car crash tests and see where the impact is highest. It's even commonsense!
Ucee1999:

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by hiuser(m): 6:27pm On Jan 06, 2020
foolbuster:
Me do over 120km/h in an SUV. I dey craze?
I can risk overspeeding in a sedan never in an SUV unless its an urus.
Get to the point of driving!!! -_-! see new year!!!
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by foolbuster: 6:29pm On Jan 06, 2020
hiuser:
Get to the point of driving!!! -_-! see new year!!!

Meaning?
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by hiuser(m): 6:31pm On Jan 06, 2020
Tapout:

120km/h on any vehicle isn't even fast enough IMO. i comfortably do that without blinking......but from all indications, that truck was stationary. dunno why FRSC turn a blind eye to stationary trucks on the road.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by hiuser(m): 6:35pm On Jan 06, 2020
Wickedtruths:

120 in a SUV is dangerous. An SUV at 120 has less stability than a power bike at 140. I use an SUV and I'm telling you.

In 2010, a Benz ML SUV sped past us on Ife Ibadan express with our driver flagging him to slow down. He entered a depression on the road ahead of us and flipped. Not potholes o, just road depression. The couple in it died instantly. All these happened under 2 mins.

there is way too much to say right noe about 120..140..but....maybe they were drunk..
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by bentwood85(m): 6:39pm On Jan 06, 2020
frowland:

Oga look very well, that truck guy parked well, but maybe no triangle. What causes this is most likely the driver slept and rammed the parked truck OR he tried a dangerous overtake and ran into a parked truck. This even did not happen at night but day from the visible evidence.
While coming back from East on the 31st, the driver in my front was sleeping and jearing all over the place. I used my horn to blast him continuously until he regain conciousness and parked. 5 seconds sleep on steering can be deadly.

Most accident(especially automobile collission) are caused by the driver sleeping on the steering, in July I escaped death after the driver of the car I was traveling in lost control because dozed off.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by alezzy13: 6:41pm On Jan 06, 2020
It could be brake failure. Notice there are no screeching tire marks on the ground suggesting the driver had been trying to slow down.

It's was clearly a very serious impact. . .even airbags evidently had no effect.

RIP to them
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by lexy2014: 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2020
midehi2:

Like what i just said, this very accident looks like the one of about 3yrs ago xmas period on that ore road, same car, same parked truck, same fine lady at the front car, it happened right before us, immediately after Ore, the rate of speed from the car was much that we even have to flag him down to drive easy, the next thing we heard was "gbaoooo, on a parked truck, the worst was they all died in that crash, but my surprised was how come even the occupant at the back seat died too, a young boy at the back seat of the driver, just as this pics died too, the man driving was the last to take his last breath after so much long effort to open his door, that day i cried my eyes out, very beautiful family

RIP to them

embarassed lipsrsealed am speechless. Things like this just leaves one in pain even though u don't no d victims
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by hiuser(m): 6:43pm On Jan 06, 2020
Baroba:

A parked car is not a threat or danger to a careful driver, that lexus must have been moving at well over 120km/hr.. Either he was drunk or lost control of the vehicle..

Nigerians are reckless and impatient, and we never learn..

I may have only driven for a few years now but, even if he was moving @ 200km/h :

if

1) the breaks are o.k or
2) he drives either both feet(dancing to touch) : left!break right!drive simultaneously

he could have sped quicker as well, but he will break like < 5 sec and still maneuver and survive because 2 more feet and the road is more sensitive.. IMHO
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by lexy2014: 6:44pm On Jan 06, 2020
Tapout:

120km/h on any vehicle isn't even fast enough IMO. i comfortably do that without blinking......but from all indications, that truck was stationary. dunno why FRSC turn a blind eye to stationary trucks on the road.

D truck was well parked. It wasn't parked on d road. Meanwhile, ur ability to speed isn't an indication that u are an expert driver. 120 is much
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by tosyne2much(m): 6:46pm On Jan 06, 2020
Vuvuzela101:
The owner of this vehicle is Okechukwu Chigozie. Maybe he is returning from the east with the spouse or acquitance.
How did you know the name of the car owner?

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by frowland(m): 6:48pm On Jan 06, 2020
bentwood85:

Most accident(especially automobile collission) are caused by the driver sleeping on the steering, in July I escaped death after the driver of the car I was traveling in lost control because dozed off.

Wow! That's a scary scenario.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by foolbuster: 6:49pm On Jan 06, 2020
Jarus:

A Sedan would have been worse in this kind of situation because it will completely enter the underbelly of that truck

Yeah, you are correct. What i said is completely unrelated to the cause of the accident thou. The accident was clearly caused by over speeding. I was just saying if i was driving an SUV i wont overspeed.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by hiuser(m): 6:50pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ucee1999:

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by hiuser(m): 6:50pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ucee1999:

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by foolbuster: 6:51pm On Jan 06, 2020
Abubakar010010 how can i help you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cannibal Tribe That 'Killed & Ate Rockefeller' (Photos) / The 'Joloff Rice' Served By British Airways (Pictures) / Lady Dies In A Fatal Accident In Suleja. Do You Know Her? (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.