Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,697 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:48 PM

Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) (91110 Views)

17 Travellers Burn To Death In Fatal Crash On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic) / Trailer Loses Control, Crushes A Bus Along Apapa-Oshodi Expressway (Graphic Pics / Vehicle Crushes A Lady's Leg On Ore-Benin Expressway (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by hiuser(m): 6:54pm On Jan 06, 2020
I dont know anything there.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by idonhammer: 6:57pm On Jan 06, 2020
Nna this life sef get as e bi.

Larryfest:
This is just too sad, person go dey pray make things smooth things go smooth finish and then something like this happens There's nothing in this life at all..
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by gowonmaharajah(m): 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
One of my prophecies just came to pass
Which was?
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by gowonmaharajah(m): 7:05pm On Jan 06, 2020
Na paddy me and death be 'coz there's no passing day I wouldn't think bout HIM.
Though he's promised me he wont touch a strand of hair on my head until I fulfill all my dreams and desires.
He fit then touch me afterwards
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Eteka1(m): 7:08pm On Jan 06, 2020
High speed, early morning not yet bright, harmattan induced fog are all possible factors which could combine to cause this.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 06, 2020
Oh boy
Same road wey I take travel today.
Na God save man too self.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by nedu2000(m): 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2020
The driver was distracted and even tried parking,looking at the yellow line tells us that the truck was well parked at the side of the road and the driver ran into it.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Germi9: 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2020
This could be over speeding
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by openmine(m): 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2020
Before I enter a bus travelling...I first inquire about the driver...I will plead with the driver to be safety conscious!

Once we are on our way and I notice any form of overspeeding,I will instantly call on the attention of the driver and remind him of being responsible!

Just in case the driver is trying to be stubborn, other passengers will agree with me and warn him against overspeeding and reckless driving!
That will keep the driver on his toes until we get to our destination!

Indeed,we can conquer any obstacle when we stand as one!
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 06, 2020
Naijmobile:
If you know this car number please contact the family. The car collided with a truck and the passengers died instantly. The sad incident happened after ore heading to shegamu this morning.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2693880597359630&id=100002131497176
Nawaoh just like DAT this people don comot rip
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by EdwardRandy(m): 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2020
Madaraa1:
that is why I prefer back seat
What if the accident happens from the back? what if a container (trailer) falls on top of your car and flattens it? Shey that one no go touch person wey dey for back? Or haven't you seen those ones happen?
When it's your time to die, even a mango leaf that falls from the tree can crush you deep into your grave.

2 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by kenny160: 8:30pm On Jan 06, 2020
God Have mercy.... Nigerians wich way?... RIP to them
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by TruthHurts100: 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2020
Naijmobile:
If you know this car number please contact the family. The car collided with a truck and the passengers died instantly. The sad incident happened after ore heading to shegamu this morning.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2693880597359630&id=100002131497176

I hate that road.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by ajbf: 9:09pm On Jan 06, 2020
18 seater bus (normally, it should be 14 seater bus) just had fatal accident ( around few minutes to 7pm this evening) along Ilesha - Ibadan federal highway. With almost all the occupants of the vehicle kick the bucket cry lipsrsealed cry
On my way to Ibadan less than three hours ago, FRSC people were busy packing dead bodies away.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Villain7: 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ucee1999:

Seat position doesn't matter at all. Once it is your time it is your time.
shikina.

Then for tell car manufacturers say make them no do front seat...
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Cutehector(m): 9:16pm On Jan 06, 2020
Madaraa1:
that is why I prefer back seat
the passengers died instantly. lipsrsealed it seems they were coming back from village
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 9:35pm On Jan 06, 2020
Jesus. And the back seat is safe ooooooo
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Nnamdinaija(m): 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2020
Amstupid:
I dont know

D fear of Nigeria police investigation is d beggining to apply sense wink
You must be the Truck driver and you packed the truck recklessly. I'm inspector Frank.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Ademoore07(m): 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2020
just4fun:

I can relate to such Brake failure experience!! I wasn't speed but d shock i had when i applied brake n it did not respond

Hmmmnnn......... Thank God for life I am here TODAY.
I wanna ask a question. Is it when the brake oil had been exhausted that a car brake can fail? Or is there any other event apart from empty brake oil that could lead to brake failure?
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by zikter(m): 9:45pm On Jan 06, 2020
xavuv:

Not explanatory.
Arevthe figures in mph or km/h?
It is. Any which way you look at it. The higher the number the more the gravity of impact, which ever unit you choose. By the way, mph and km/h are not inversely proportional. The higher the mph the higher the km/h. It is not as if if you increase mph then km/h will decrease or vice versa.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by 2shure: 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2020
Never overtake on the right hand side. Naija trucks and cars always park at righthand. Turbo mostly at the left. Lexus v6 speed too much . Wish they did 4 plugs. But this is top speed. Mad speed of about 140/150kph
Never do above 80 . Cos if u do.
Anything u see,take am
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by OlawaleBammie: 10:02pm On Jan 06, 2020
Rebekah029:
Jesus!!!! nothing scare me like seeing this trucks on the road when traveling....I hate them like mad! no shaking shaaa, my protector is always with me.

Lol, we wey come dey enter am seresere nko??
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by zikter(m): 10:03pm On Jan 06, 2020
2shure:
Never overtake on the right hand side. Naija trucks and cars always park at righthand. Turbo mostly at the left. Lexus v6 speed too much . Wish they did 4 plugs. But this is top speed. Mad speed of about 140/150kph
Never do above 80 . Cos if u do.
Anything u see,take am
I think v4 or 6 is not the issue when it comes to this speed thing. You can still do 240 on v4 or 80 on v6. its totally depends on the discretion of the driver.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by laivwire(m): 10:50pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ademoore07:
I wanna ask a question. Is it when the brake oil had been exhausted that a car brake can fail? Or is there any other event apart from empty brake oil that could lead to brake failure?
Your brake pipes can burst as well and all the brake fluid spills on the road. Flat pedal immediately. That happens a lot. Worn out brake pads too won’t hold the wheel drum or can fall off. Worn out tyres can also cause your car to lose traction slide you under.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by SexytorresE(f): 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2020
hardbody:

I like female atheists and their reasoning. I am not saying they are right anyways, I am a firm believer in God, but there is a reason I love how they think and reason
oh! That’s ok grin
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by lebete3000: 11:30pm On Jan 06, 2020
Shibaraba:
Jehovah nissi

Na so everything end. Goals aspirations everything. Gone. I don't care the cause... Make we just dey do jeje . If you're tired in any form please don't drive.

31st I for enter nairaland front-page. Make we leave that tory. May they rest in peace. E pain me

I'm beginning to get scared of buying a car sef, with the increasing rate of accidents and car mugging nowadays.

Peace of mind over anything else abeg...
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by lebete3000: 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2020
foolbuster:
Me do over 120km/h in an SUV. I dey craze?
I can risk overspeeding in a sedan never in an SUV unless its an urus.

Can you explain why?
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by baebeenayoka: 12:48am On Jan 07, 2020
Truck drivers are something else.only God knows where he park the truck go.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 07, 2020
Stillthebest:
kiss

This could be a brake failure. Can't forget the day my brake failed on a motion. Thank God I wasn't accelerating too high.

If youve had a brake failure and you still think it could just happen anyhow on a car then you know nothing about cars and should research well rather than getting a driving licence and start driving....brake doesn't just fail in car.. It takes processes and stages, its only when you dont know its symptoms and signs and it reaches its peak because of neglet, then its bound to fail. Same thing with tire, a car tire cant just start and burst on a moving car no matter how bad it is without following its normal bad tire signs, (dancing, shaking, vibration, reduction in speed then burst).. All boils down to negret and ingnorance of the stages and signs of parts failure.
Re: Fatal Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) by TruthSpeaker: 2:42am On Jan 07, 2020
Mateen1000:
Pls Put "Graphics Pics"
This is so terrible and scary
May their soul rest in peace

You must be visually impaired, because “Graphic Pictures” is boldly written in bracket. You also have issues with use of english language, why “Graphics Pics”? Do you think an “s” is needed in the word graphic in this contest?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Dies In A Fatal Accident In Suleja. Do You Know Her? (Disturbing Photos) / Cannibal Tribe That 'Killed & Ate Rockefeller' (Photos) / Bad Road In Akute Vs Bad Road In Britain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.