Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? (584 Views)

Who Will Save The Less-privileged? A New Ebook By Olaitan S. O. / Who Will Save Our Home ? By Chioma Ikebuaku / BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? by bindukwe(m): 4:45pm On Jan 06, 2020
I see we don't have a philosophy section here and I pray we should.

Some of us enjoy contemplating philosophical ideas.

The question today is:
If killing yourself will save a million lives, will you do it?
Re: If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? by blackpanthar: 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2020
bindukwe:
I saw we dont have a philosophy section here and we should.

Some of us like contemplating philosophical ideas.

The question is:
If killing yourself will save a million lives, will you do it?

Yes if I had someway of knowing and a way back. But to do it without such power to retract or undo is sheer waste.

This is why JESUS ensured he spent over 40 days after he resurrected to prove that He was not a myth and that he truly had the power of life and death.

1 Like

Re: If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? by bindukwe(m): 4:53pm On Jan 06, 2020
blackpanthar:

Yes if I had someway of knowing and a way back. But to do it without such power to retract or undo is sheer waste.

This is why JESUS ensured he spent over 40 days after he resurrected to prove that He was not a myth and that he truly had the power of life and death.

Lol, there's no way back. This isn't a video game.

How do you undo death?
Re: If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? by zeuss: 4:56pm On Jan 06, 2020
If my family members are in the number gladly
Re: If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? by Blakjewelry(m): 4:58pm On Jan 06, 2020
Yes without thinking two, everybody is going to die someday so if my death will be meaningful why not. If I am ready to give my life for my family when I start one so what

1 Like

Re: If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? by bindukwe(m): 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2020
zeuss:
If my family members are in the number gladly

....and if they are not?
Re: If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? by bindukwe(m): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2020
Blakjewelry:
Yes without thinking two, everybody is going to die someday so if my death will be meaningful why not. If I am ready to give my life for my family when I start one so what

Because this is exactly what a soldier signs up for. His life for the rest of the population he protects.
Same act Jesus played out in the bible.
Re: If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? by donbachi(m): 5:09pm On Jan 06, 2020
Jesus Christ wey die for us...we no dey even appreciate am...so,if I kill myself to save millions,won't still make sense....ain't gonna do dat.
Re: If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? by blackpanthar: 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2020
bindukwe:

Lol, there's no way back. This isn't a video game.

How do you undo death?

So Jesus is a game controller to you abi?

and christianity is a game?

pls as a psychologist you are not even broad in enough in your thinking....

Jesus, Soldiers, Matyrs, religious terrorists and fanatics, did it and others will still do it this year BUT the greatest pain is after dying, the cause which you die for is now lost and wasted...

WAR has such tales
Re: If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? by kratosonofzeus: 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2020
I don't understand o, why will my life save a million people, when I'm not jesus, I'm not a terrorist that want's to bomb a congregation of people,that if they catches me dn those people will be safe. So pls explain how will 1 life save a million ?

1 Like

Re: If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? by bindukwe(m): 5:26pm On Jan 06, 2020
kratosonofzeus:
I don't understand o, why will my life save a million people, when I'm not jesus, I'm not a terrorist that want's to bomb a congregation of people,that if they catches me dn those people will be safe. So pls explain how will 1 life save a million ?

Its a hypothetical situation.

If you happen to be in those shoes, what would be your choice?

That's what movies/stories do on a larger scale.
They follow a choice to its logical end.

And that's what you do thinking before taking an action.

That's what philosophy is mostly based on.
Re: If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? by bindukwe(m): 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2020
blackpanthar:

So Jesus is a game controller to you abi?

and christianity is a game?

pls as a psychologist you are not even broad in enough in your thinking....

Jesus, Soldiers, Matyrs, religious terrorists and fanatics, did it and others will still do it this year BUT the greatest pain is after dying, the cause which you die for is now lost and wasted...

WAR has such tales

I never said Jesus was a game controller and I never called Christianity a game.

I also never called myself a psychologist.

Stop with making things up; I'd appreciate if you deal directly with the question.
Re: If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? by Blakjewelry(m): 6:00pm On Jan 06, 2020
bindukwe:

Because this is exactly what a soldier signs up for. His life for the rest of the population he protects.
Same act Jesus played out in the bible.
the truth is most soldiers don't do that for sake of love or out of care but because it is either source of livelihood or because people admire soldiers because of their bravery not because they want to keep you safe. But that Jesus case is a complex one

1 Like

Re: If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? by zeuss: 6:05pm On Jan 06, 2020
bindukwe:

....and if they are not?

I will work very hard to avert danger .. What else will I do?
Acant kii masef.
Re: If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? by AryEmber(f): 9:39am On Jan 07, 2020
I wonder, what's philosophical about the question?
Re: If Killing Yourself Will Save A Million Lives, Will You Do It? by ayamalexander77(m): 6:01pm On Jan 07, 2020
Why will i do that, to achieve what, fame after death or to die a hero
So Nnamdi Azikiwe and the rest of the national heroes that die isn't enough to save one million people untill i am included..
What of Jesus nkor? Shea that one is not enough untill it has to be me..
C eeh bros sincerely speaking i cant die to save one person talkless of a million the number is too much so abeg if u no want mek i vex no der ask dis kind question again..

(1) (Reply)

Best Advice You Will Ever Get / Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. / Osogbo Book Club Set To Host The Second Phase Of The Read Nigeria Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.