Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1112641 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by IamkingP: 7:38am On Sep 23, 2020
How can you tell him to quit his job when he's not gotten an appointment date or a visa..its always advicable to do so after you have gotten AM or Visum
ogunsolalola:

Quite your job?! Why?! You are not ready to study!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Starrmax1: 7:41am On Sep 23, 2020
ogunsolalola:

Quite your job?! Why?! You are not ready to study!

Good morning all, please I need your advice..
Is anyone here studying online? How stressful is it?
Also, would you advice I enroll and pay the enrollment fee of 268 euros, take the online classes for the semester while I wait for the embassy to reschedule me for interview OR would you advice I let it go since I'm not so sure if the embassy will? And if I don't start the semester, I lose the session, I can't defer.. Please help.

Last question, between Darmstadt and Bochum, where would anyone suggest I pick, people in Germany abeg help me answer this very one. Thank you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by IamkingP: 8:12am On Sep 23, 2020
Online class is not easy , cost of data , depends on your school check if your school refunds
Starrmax1:

Good morning all, please I need your advice..
Is anyone here studying online? How stressful is it?
Also, would you advice I enroll and pay the enrollment fee of 268 euros, take the online classes for the semester while I wait for the embassy to reschedule me for interview OR would you advice I let it go since I'm not so sure if the embassy will? And if I don't start the semester, I lose the session, I can't defer.. Please help.

Last question, between Darmstadt and Bochum, where would anyone suggest I pick, people in Germany abeg help me answer this very one. Thank you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fatalveli(m): 8:16am On Sep 23, 2020
IamkingP:
Online class is not easy , cost of data , depends on your school check if your school refunds
Is online class a video session only?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by topeluvsall: 8:16am On Sep 23, 2020
Hello People,

I am planning to go to Germany on a student visa with my family. Does anyone have information on what is required, especially in terms of blocked amount and documentation? The embassy website is not really helpful. Thank you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by micklovasta: 8:24am On Sep 23, 2020
Ykhgu1:
Summer Semester 2021 Please lets have a family meeting....
To Notarized your documents go to Lagos High Court and ask around .. its 1000 per Document.

If you are shipping documents in October Please let's do team work ...

I urgently need the names of at least 10 schools that operate Direct Admission in Summer.. Bachelor's and Master's...Bite Danke

The one you do at a high court is called Certification not Notarization and it is maximum of 100 naira per page.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ogunsolalola: 9:24am On Sep 23, 2020
IamkingP:
How can you tell him to quit his job when he's not gotten an appointment date or a visa..its always advicable to do so after you have gotten AM or Visum

Did you read my comment well?!

I also have a job and I am studying!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chimdilove(f): 10:35am On Sep 23, 2020
Dayzzy:

Thanks as lot...may I ask the price you were charged?
Was about 18k ish that's the student price but you need to ask them for the student price.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dipotol: 10:48am On Sep 23, 2020
My people, God did it again. I got rescheduled AD this morning. As always, God always come through in the darkest moments. You can refer to my former post on March 5/6 to understand where I was coming from.

I pray God makes a way for all of us here. Thank you

22 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hemingway: 10:52am On Sep 23, 2020
To which date? When is your resumption?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dipotol: 10:54am On Sep 23, 2020
Hemingway:
To which date? When is your resumption?

Oct 21

I have been a student since April, completed my summer semester online. Already enrolled for winter as well for oct to March 2021

5 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ShallyAnyadike: 11:09am On Sep 23, 2020
Please does anyone know when the Visa section in Abuja would be open?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by yezzyshow: 11:17am On Sep 23, 2020
awoscop:
I have an admission with them but I think if you applied recently you need to give them some time

Awoscop please let's connect. I still need more information .. ur contact? Abeg
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by fluxyn(m): 12:07pm On Sep 23, 2020
topeluvsall:
Hello People,

I am planning to go to Germany on a student visa with my family. Does anyone have information on what is required, especially in terms of blocked amount and documentation? The embassy website is not really helpful. Thank you.

Hi. You would need a blocked account for your spouse and kids.
Your spouse will also go through verification process which involves a lawyer confirming her documentation and marriage. You would also get a house for the number of family as per german requirement when you get here as you will be coming to Germany alone and your family will join you later.

For kids half of an adult blocked account is required.
I hope this answers your question based on my own experience and please both of you should apply together and let them know you plan to go with your family.
The process is also long and tiring but worth it.
All the best.

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chimdilove(f): 1:08pm On Sep 23, 2020
dipotol:

Oct 21

I have been a student since April, completed my summer semester online. Already enrolled for winter as well for oct to March 2021
Hi dipotol, can we connect? Trying to book an AD but a bit clueless on how to go about it and i've done my enrollment for winter 2020 but will start online by Oct 12th.
Kindly let me know if that's fine by you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gboye123: 1:46pm On Sep 23, 2020
Congratulations brother.
May you find favour. Go and succeed.
Meanwhile, permit me to use you as a point of contact for my AD which shall come soonest.
It is settled.

dipotol:
My people, God did it again. I got rescheduled AD this morning. As always, God always come through in the darkest moments. You can refer to my former post on March 5/6 to understand where I was coming from.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
@ SooCute, if you chose to work only during the holidays, how do you make enough money to survive?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nania: 2:28pm On Sep 23, 2020
Such good news gives hope that it's possible. Never give up guys. Congratulations @dipol; best wishes on your interview day.

dipotol:

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bamo2020(m): 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2020
Mercy95:

Wrong info
He will still have to apply through uniassit so he can get VPD before he applies directly to the school

Is this applicable to all the schools?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by trinityconcept(m): 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2020
please gurus in the house I have a question
my initial plan was to go for msc in Norway so I have been in their study thread

however I bumped into this German thread and discovered it's cheaper cus the blocked account for Norway is about 5.3 million naira but Germany is roughly 4.5 mill

please my questions are

1. must your sponsor be from Germany what if he is from a higher country like the US

2 . I'm enrolling for masters degree I graduated with a 2.2 CGPA of 3.08
is there a chance of a2.2 graduate getting scholarship

thanks a lot you're all doing great job here
it really shows Nigerians love themselves
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bamo2020(m): 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
fluxyn:

Hi. You would need a blocked account for your spouse and kids.
Your spouse will also go through verification process which involves a lawyer confirming her documentation and marriage. You would also get a house for the number of family as per german requirement when you get here as you will be coming to Germany alone and your family will join you later.

For kids half of an adult blocked account is required.
I hope this answers your question based on my own experience and please both of you should apply together and let them know you plan to go with your family.
The process is also long and tiring but worth it.
All the best.

I will appreciate if u can share your real life experience with me plus d costs. I have d same plan for my family. Thanks in anticipation
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by trinityconcept(m): 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2020
trinityconcept:
my initial plan was to go for msc in Norway so I have been in their study thread

however I bumped into this German thread and discovered it's cheaper cus the blocked account for Norway is about 5.3 million naira but Germany is roughly 4.5 mill

please my questions are

1. must your sponsor be from Germany what if he is from a higher country like the US

more questions please there are two things I dont understand here

what is testas exam
what is UNIASSIST all about

thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
Don’t make that mistake my brother.
Hold your job until you get a visa approval.
People do it now. Work and go to Unilag for lectures. You will do it
Engrgreat:
I might be distracted studying online. Not only that, my choosing to study online would mean quitting my job sad shocked

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by IamkingP: 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2020
1) sponsor must be someone earning well and residing in Germany
2) your GP is not really bad but you have to put in more work on your CV and work experience
3) uni assist evaluates your documents and check if it meet the requirements of the University you are applying to .You apply through them and you have to pay some application fee
trinityconcept:

please my questions are

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ojoking(m): 6:19pm On Sep 23, 2020
dipotol:

Did you open block account all this while?
Did you rebook,because am thinking you are from summer 2019?
Can you throw more light to what we might need to do to have AD
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by trinityconcept(m): 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2020
IamkingP:
1) sponsor must be someone earning well and residing in Germany
2) your GP is not really bad but you have to put in more work on your CV and work experience
3) uni assist evaluates your documents and check if it meet the requirements of the University you are applying to .You apply through them and you have to pay some application fee

thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GreatSage: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
my gees in this house, how can you rate Hungary as per study and work?;Do they have enough paying jobs for students?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dipotol: 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2020
Chimdilove:

Hi dipotol, can we connect? Trying to book an AD but a bit clueless on how to go about it and i've done my enrollment for winter 2020 but will start online by Oct 12th.
Kindly let me know if that's fine by you.

Sure, why not. I would be glad to be of help
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dipotol: 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2020
Gboye123:
Congratulations brother.
May you find favour. Go and succeed.
Meanwhile, permit me to use you as a point of contact for my AD which shall come soonest.
It is settled.

Amen in Jesus name! Thanks brother
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dipotol: 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2020
Nania:
Such good news gives hope that it's possible. Never give up guys. Congratulations @dipol; best wishes on your interview day.

You are very right, thanks so much
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dipotol: 8:20pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ojoking:

Did you open block account all this while?
Did you rebook,because am thinking you are from summer 2019?
Can you throw more light to what we might need to do to have AD
No, I'm using SL and I've had it since February ( it doesn't have any date of expiry on it). I didn't rebook just now, I've had AD before the lockdown and it was cancelled. I enrolled for the just concluded summer online and I finished the summer semester online ( passively though ) and I enrolled for winter again in August. So I sent a mail attaching my enrollment certificate that shows I'm a student till next year, my letter of presence, previous AD and the cancelled AD.
That was all I did.

I did all that but I believe everything was God's mercies and favour that made everything possible. So, I had faith, so much faith but my faith also led and directed me to take some steps.
This might be helpful for anyone.

6 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Dayzzy(m): 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
Chimdilove:

Was about 18k ish that's the student price but you need to ask them for the student price.
God bless you my sister!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: opy002(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.