Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1111462 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ceejay5: 8:57pm On Feb 06, 2020
Tellz:

Have you been invited dear? let us know watsap o
Yes dear I booked on the 28th.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ewami8: 10:21pm On Feb 06, 2020
Please how can I find Germany universities that is tuition free and how can I apply, am new here
justwise:
Here is the part 8

An incredible job by all contributors including those who ask questions and those who provide answers, job well done!

This is part 7 https://www.nairaland.com/5296943/general-german-student-visa-enquiries

For newbies your German school search starts here https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/en/
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by passenger1984: 1:25am On Feb 07, 2020
Good day e-fam,
I studied agricultural Extension/Economic, while searching I discovered schools like Humboldt University of Berlin, Anhalt University of Applied Sciences and University of Bonn.
I noticed that University of Hohenheim is the most notable for agric related courses, the issue now is there is tuition fee of about 3000euros, I will like to know if they waive such or not, so I wouldn't bother applying.
I contacted the University no reply yet.
If you have knowledge about this, please don't hesitate to contribute.

Thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by haykays(m): 1:48am On Feb 07, 2020
They won't waive it, it's one rated University in term of Agriculture related courses in DE and within the tuition-paying state Baden-Württemberg, there is a DAAD scholarship you can apply to, for that AgricEcons but the intake is winter 2021 and here are the conditions to be eligible for the scholarship:

To qualify for the EPOS DAAD Scholarships, Applicants must:

1. Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas;
2. Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject;
3. Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper)
4, Has at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application
5. His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
6. Language Skills: For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based)

Agricultural Economics – AgEcon
Universität Hohenheim

Application deadline: December 1, 2020.

passenger1984:
Good day e-fam,
I studied agricultural Extension/Economic, while searching I discovered schools like Humboldt University of Berlin, Anhalt University of Applied Sciences and University of Bonn.
I noticed that University of Hohenheim is the most notable for agric related courses, the issue now is there is tuition fee of about 3000euros, I will like to know if they waive such or not, so I wouldn't bother applying.

Thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by kenan619: 2:25am On Feb 07, 2020
you think Germany is nigeria, they are only interested in you knowing the procedure, this semester I have 2 calc courses, 1 says dont bring calculator, I am not interested in final answer, the other says, the formulary applied is more important than figures to him
kumkumtins1:

Baba you once mentioned that you did you bachelors in mechanical engineering in deutschland. Did you have any oral exams? And if you did, how was it/they. I'm going for my masters in electrical engineering and information technology and virtually all my exams are oral and I can't seem to reconcile how calculation based courses can be graded in a 30mins oral exam. Can you give me an example of how such exams typically are, like their questions and stuff like that.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by amikable97: 5:00am On Feb 07, 2020
passenger1984:
Good day e-fam,

Thanks.

They waive but only for those going for Agricultural Economics I have initially made a post regarding it. See post here
https://www.nairaland.com/5042902/general-german-student-visa-enquiries/461#79438250

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Access2017: 8:09am On Feb 07, 2020
ohswagz:
Abeg anyone who applied for Göttingen (CVS) and passed d 1st stage?..

You mean for summer or winter? Cos I applied for winter
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Donbates: 8:41am On Feb 07, 2020
The university of Hohenheim only offers scholarship for that particular course. Although there's usually a pre test before applications. Get your docs in place and write a good motivation letter. The name of the course coordinator is Katrin Winkler and she's a helpful lady, get her email from the website and shot her an email.

passenger1984:
Good day e-fam,

Thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daybour2002: 10:04am On Feb 07, 2020
Please any one knows the details of new migration policy Germany made with Nigeria
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by kumkumtins1: 10:29am On Feb 07, 2020
kenan619:
you think Germany is nigeria, they are only interested in you knowing the procedure, this semester I have 2 calc courses, 1 says dont bring calculator, I am not interested in final answer, the other says, the formulary applied is more important than figures to him

What course are you studying and are there oral exams for your calculation courses? If yes how have they been and how was your performance in them ( if you don't mind shearing).
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thewizardof0zil: 10:38am On Feb 07, 2020
1. Lithuania
2. Estonia
3. Latvia
4. Poland
5. Hungary.

These places are also cheap and are in the schengen area.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ohswagz: 11:18am On Feb 07, 2020
Access2017:

Winter oh..I will soon apply...just awaiting my Transcript...I heard after applying, dey will inform u if u qualified for d 2nd stage

You mean for summer or winter? Cos I applied for winter
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by M7germany: 12:11pm On Feb 07, 2020
A guy in a group i am in just put this to help simplify this Nigerian to German cGpa calculation so that anyone can calculate it anywhere and anytime without stressing
here are the steps

I was able to deduce this steps from the formula to calculating Nigerian cGpa to German cGpa...

Get your Nigerian cGpa(N)

a). Multiply by 3
b). Subtract answer from 19
c). Divide answer by 4

the final answer is your equivalent German cGpa.

note all German cGpas should also be approximated to 1 decimal place.
for example if you have a 1.77 Geraman cGpa just know it is a 1.7

God bless

This Could be useful for someone

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ewami8: 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
Please am new here,how do I apply for the schools, I can't find any school to apply in.please help me
justwise:
Here is the part 8

An incredible job by all contributors including those who ask questions and those who provide answers, job well done!

This is part 7 https://www.nairaland.com/5296943/general-german-student-visa-enquiries

For newbies your German school search starts here https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/en/
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by collinso89: 1:19pm On Feb 07, 2020
mistakilli:

I got admission in Netherlands. The schools over there receive your ‘supposed’ blocked account money and process your visa. If approved, Then you book appointment at the embassy in Ghana for pasting of MVV.

The school then returns the money to you when you open a bank account on arrival.

Most schools may be paid, but really it is close to free. Tuition fee for the school I applied is €2,143 per year.

Please, what is the name of the school in Netherlands and the course you applied
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by passenger1984: 2:28pm On Feb 07, 2020
haykays:
They won't waive it, it's one rated University in term of Agriculture related courses in DE and within the tuition-paying state Baden-Württemberg, there is a DAAD scholarship you can apply to, for that AgricEcons but the intake is winter 2021 and here are the conditions to be eligible for the scholarship:

To qualify for the EPOS DAAD Scholarships, Applicants must:

1. Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas;
2. Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject;
3. Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper)
4, Has at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application
5. His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
6. Language Skills: For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based)

Agricultural Economics – AgEcon
Universität Hohenheim

Application deadline: December 1, 2020.
This helpful, thanks.[quote author=Donbates post=86446388]The university of Hohenheim only offers scholarship for that particular course. Although there's usually a pre test before applications. Get your docs in place and write a good motivation letter. The name of the course coordinator is Katrin Winkler and she's a helpful lady, get her email from the website and shot her an email.

Thanks for your time, I mailed her and this is what I got

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by passenger1984: 2:32pm On Feb 07, 2020
Donbates:
The university of Hohenheim only offers scholarship for that particular course. Although there's usually a pre test before applications. Get your docs in place and write a good motivation letter. The name of the course coordinator is Katrin Winkler and she's a helpful lady, get her email from the website and shot her an email.

This is helpful, I have uploaded the reply I got from the email address
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by passenger1984: 2:36pm On Feb 07, 2020
amikable97:

They waive but only for those going for Agricultural Economics I have initially made a post regarding it. See post here
https://www.nairaland.com/5042902/general-german-student-visa-enquiries/461#79438250
I have received a reply today in regards to that.I am glad we studied a similar course and I will try to read your previous posts so as to gain more information.
Appreciated.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by amikable97: 2:39pm On Feb 07, 2020
passenger1984:

I have received a reply today in regards to that.I am glad we studied a similar course and I will try to read your previous posts so as to gain more information.
Appreciated.

No wahala... I'm trying not to put all my eggs into one basket so I'm considering other destinations like Estonia for now, the course I'm looking at is Agri-food Business Management. You can also check it out to see if it meets up to what you want. Cheers
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kossy23: 3:05pm On Feb 07, 2020
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by smoothblaise(m): 4:20pm On Feb 07, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by passenger1984: 6:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
amikable97:

No wahala... I'm trying not to put all my eggs into one basket so I'm considering other destinations like Estonia for now, the course I'm looking at is Agri-food Business Management. You can also check it out to see if it meets up to what you want. Cheers
Nice bro...I am skeptical about countries like that,I know Nigeria isn't the country we want it to be at the moment, but I am trying to tread carefully the "grass is not always green on the other side" It will be a disaster to move away from Nigeria to another not so good country,at least we know if one has a problem here in Nigeria there are friends/family to run to,but if one gets stranded in countries like Estonia,Latvia and Lithuania probably due to difficulties in getting a job after spending thousands of euros to get their certificate,don't you think it would have been better staying here rather than going to those countries?

I will like you to share your views on this.

7 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GabeLegendary(m): 6:59pm On Feb 07, 2020
M7germany:
A guy in a group i am in just put this to help simplify this Nigerian to German cGpa calculation so that anyone can calculate it anywhere and anytime without stressing
here are the steps

I was able to deduce this steps from the formula to calculating Nigerian cGpa to German cGpa...

Get your Nigerian cGpa(N)

a). Multiply by 3
b). Subtract answer from 19
c). Divide answer by 4

the final answer is your equivalent German cGpa.

note all German cGpas should also be approximated to 1 decimal place.
for example if you have a 1.77 Geraman cGpa just know it is a 1.7

God bless

This Could be useful for someone

Seems we are both in the same group
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by amikable97: 7:02pm On Feb 07, 2020
Kossy23:

Please, what’s the name of the school in Estonia?
Estonian University of Life Sciences

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by amikable97: 7:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
passenger1984:

Nice bro...I am skeptical about countries like that,I know Nigeria isn't the country we want it to be at the moment, but I am trying to tread carefully the "grass is not always green on the other side" It will be a disaster to move away from Nigeria to another not so good country,at least we know if one has a problem here in Nigeria there are friends/family to run to,but if one gets stranded in countries like Estonia,Latvia and Lithuania probably due to difficulties in getting a job after spending thousands of euros to get their certificate,don't you think it would have been better staying here rather than going to those countries?

I will like you to share your views on this.

Yeah I understand you bro, I would have tried Sweden and Denmark but I have missed out on some of the schools as their window is closed for this winter. The ones left are very expensive. For some of these countries the plan is not to stay there long-term it's just to get international training and look for somewhere better.. Life is all about planning but even as we plan we should also keep in mind that is not all things that will go smoothly (take for instance this German waka now) that's why there ought to be room for plan B any how sha. We go dey alright

6 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by passenger1984: 10:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
amikable97:

Yeah I understand you bro, I would have tried Sweden and Denmark but I have missed out on some of the schools as their window is closed for this winter. The ones left are very expensive. For some of these countries the plan is not to stay there long-term it's just to get international training and look for somewhere better.. Life is all about planning but even as we plan we should also keep in mind that is not all things that will go smoothly (take for instance this German waka now) that's why there ought to be room for plan B any how sha. We go dey alright

I agree with you, one just needs to make findings well...I will like to pm you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MRBENZENE(m): 10:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
please house i want to ask what is the current exchange rate of euro to naira from aboki?

please how can get prepaid envelope in lagos and how much?

thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Freemanlion: 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2020
I am getting a sponsorship letter next week.

Please what else do I need to do as regards the sponsorship letter
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mercy95(f): 10:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
Freemanlion:
I am getting a sponsorship letter next week.

Please what else do I need to do as regards the sponsorship letter

Prayer for AD
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by englishgirl55(f): 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2020
Pls does of you going to other European countries to study, pls check the schools well, so that the certificate from these schools are only recognized in the EU. And I am not sure if this is true

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: NebulaZzz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.