Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1129176 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 9:58pm On Mar 16, 2022
flexclusive:
Bro, I'm confused, you mean whether category A or B, one has to wait for about 2 months for decision? undecided undecided

Could be more, could be less. Just hope for the best and make use of your time
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gloriaihuoma: 11:04pm On Mar 16, 2022
CptWalter:
Hello everyone, so I have gone through the thread and gained a lot of information thanks to everyone hat has contributed and asked questions, you really made it easy for people like us.

I have a somewhat different question and it's related to proof of funds, I intend taking a loan from a microfinance bank to fund my blocked account. I am a data engineer, data scientist and data analyst and have taken up data related roles in Nigeria.

I would have to be servicing the loan every month, my question is, people presently in German how easy is it to get a job especially in tech related sectors specifically in Berlin? Do you personally think based on your experience so far in Germany that I can service such a loan monthly? What is the cost of living like?

I would appreciate anyone's sincere input.

And yes, I am very hardworking lol

There are job opportunities in Tech, you can start applying for remote role on LinkedIn .

All the best.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Cookie6661: 12:20pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hi everyone, I am one of the Nigerians that left Ukraine because of the war but I am now in Germany. I was advised not to register as a refugee or seek for asylum in Germany that I should apply for study permit. I have written to several public universities to seek for admission but the replies are slow.
Most of the replies I got were from private schools for my masters and I have been given admission into two private schools for my masters in Berlin which the school fees is around 10k euros and can be paid by installment. As regarding the school fees I know it much but I can sort my way out On a long run as there are plans on how I will be able to pay it.
The major issue now is the block account or a sponsorship letter. Is there a way I can get the letter from someone residing in Germany. I don’t mind paying the person for the letter. If there are other suggestions on how I can get the letter please let me know. Foreign students from ukraine were given 3 months to stay legally in Germany that’s why I want to use school to stay longer and find way forward.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Holyevoc(m): 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2022
justwise:
Here is the part 8

An incredible job by all contributors including those who ask questions and those who provide answers, job well done!

This is part 7 https://www.nairaland.com/5296943/general-german-student-visa-enquiries

For newbies your German school search starts here https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/en/

Please anyone in germany willing to guide and put me through the process of traveling to Germany. I'll gladly appreciate
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ndkelly1(m): 8:00pm On Mar 17, 2022
Good evening everyone in the House,
Please any AM today
AD date and AM
Thank you
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MartOkoh1: 11:54am On Mar 18, 2022
Cookie6661:
Hi everyone, I am one of the Nigerians that left Ukraine because of the war but I am now in Germany. I was advised not to register as a refugee or seek for asylum in Germany that I should apply for study permit. I have written to several public universities to seek for admission but the replies are slow.
Most of the replies I got were from private schools for my masters and I have been given admission into two private schools for my masters in Berlin which the school fees is around 10k euros and can be paid by installment. As regarding the school fees I know it much but I can sort my way out On a long run as there are plans on how I will be able to pay it.
The major issue now is the block account or a sponsorship letter. Is there a way I can get the letter from someone residing in Germany. I don’t mind paying the person for the letter. If there are other suggestions on how I can get the letter please let me know. Foreign students from ukraine were given 3 months to stay legally in Germany that’s why I want to use school to stay longer and find way forward.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stace18: 1:46pm On Mar 18, 2022
Hello everyone, I'm trying to appply to study medicine in germany, i'm currently a 200lvl student in a public school in Nigeria studying Human Anatomy, but the on going strike is frustrating my efforts, I've watched a lot of youtube vidoes concerning the application process into german universites and i've also gone on www.daad.de but i'm still really confused about the process, please i need a lot of help going through with the process.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Harry4cas(m): 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2022
Stace18:
Hello everyone, I'm trying to appply to study medicine in germany, i'm currently a 200lvl student in a public school in Nigeria studying Human Anatomy, but the on going strike is frustrating my efforts, I've watched a lot of youtube vidoes concerning the application process into german universites and i've also gone on www.daad.de but i'm still really confused about the process, please i need a lot of help going through with the process.

I believe medicine is one of the courses in Germany that requires high proficiency in understanding and speaking Deutsch. You can take this time to enroll for a German language class while you keep making your plan B moves.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CptWalter: 1:15am On Mar 21, 2022
Stace18:

Omooo you must be really proficient in German ooo, and German is like kinda tough to learn so it requires significant investment in time and money. You are better off studying courses like that in the UK, seeing as there is currently even a high demand for health care professionals, you should be able to get right in. The only problem with UK is the ultra high cost of studying and living expenses. If you can invest sizeable time into studying German, then Germany is great, you most likely will take a foundation class to familiarise yourself with the language before starting the degree itself.

The application process itself is nothing hard, you can totally do it yourself without any agent or so, most universities use uni assist so all you have to do is upload all your documents there including language proficiency certificates and it will be sent directly to your school. Others require that your documents are validated by uni assist so they give you what is called VPD which you will submit to the school. Either ways, the first hurdle you really need to cross is the language barrier.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CptWalter: 1:25am On Mar 21, 2022
I opened a WhatsApp group for people interested in German related enquiries, I will be more than glad to help you with information, you can join the group here, it's an open group oooo, nobody is collecting any money from anyone, it will just be nice to have a collective platform where all of us hoping to japa to Germany are on. I don't have all the information about studying in Germany too ooo, but multiple heads are better than one

Message me via +2347062037265 on WhatsApp so I add you or just join here directly

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 8:46am On Mar 21, 2022
CptWalter:
I opened a WhatsApp group for people interested in German related enquiries, I will be more than glad to help you with information, you can join the group here, it's an open group oooo, nobody is collecting any money from anyone, it will just be nice to have a collective platform where all of us hoping to japa to Germany are on. I don't have all the information about studying in Germany too ooo, but multiple heads are better than one

Message me via +2347062037265 on WhatsApp so I add you or just join here directly

@nameundisclosed already created a WhatsApp group for that purpose

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CptWalter: 9:20am On Mar 21, 2022
deuoessch:

@nameundisclosed already created a WhatsApp group for that purpose

Ohh I didn't know that, can you add me please, +2347062037265. I will close this one and add everyone on it to that one. Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Amista(f): 10:03am On Mar 21, 2022
It was said in this thread, creating a group will not preserve every knowledge that is shared here. This thread will last years to come . WhatsApp group is not advisable

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by sayitall(m): 10:13am On Mar 21, 2022
Good Day everyone, I humbly seek the attention of the professional educational consultants here to my case. I was studying in Ukraine, due to the invasion, i had to move to Germany. Now, the German authorities gave the third National until 23rd May to declare their purpose in Germany either as a student, researcher, intern or worker.

I have tried to navigate the possible admissions openings in schools here in Germany at least to legalize my stay as a student, all efforts has been futile, perhaps anyone have an information on any admissions or pathway opened, I will appreciate this.(P/S: I have a B.Sc. In Chemical Engineering and do not mind to start from language class, another B.Sc. or M.Sc..)Thanks

YOU ALL SHOULD COME TO MY RESCURE. I BELIEVE EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by sayitall(m): 10:18am On Mar 21, 2022
Hey buddy, can we link up ? i am in the same situation like you. How can I contact you ?
MartOkoh1:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by cmark11: 11:27am On Mar 21, 2022
Apply for winter semester admission then. By May 23rd, you may likely get admission and that may help. Use Daad.de as already stated to see a course you have interest in. All the best.

sayitall:
Good Day everyone, I humbly seek the attention of the professional educational consultants here to my case. I was studying in Ukraine, due to the invasion, i had to move to Germany. Now, the German authorities gave the third National until 23rd May to declare their purpose in Germany either as a student, researcher, intern or worker.

I have tried to navigate the possible admissions openings in schools here in Germany at least to legalize my stay as a student, all efforts has been futile, perhaps anyone have an information on any admissions or pathway opened, I will appreciate this.(P/S: I have a B.Sc. In Chemical Engineering and do not mind to start from language class, another B.Sc. or M.Sc..)Thanks

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OnyeObodo: 2:11pm On Mar 21, 2022
CptWalter:

Message me via +234706 on WhatsApp so I add you or just join here directly

deuoessch:

@name already created a WhatsApp group for that purpose

Justwise. Hello here.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by callontolu: 5:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
Hello guys. Pls I have a question. I saw on the checklist for visa application for students that only E- passports can be accepted. Does it mean we can not use the regular international passport?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by flexclusive(m): 7:07pm On Mar 21, 2022
Bro/Sis, about the uni assist, does it mean, once we upload our documents on uni-assist, we don't need to send the hard copy?

CptWalter:

Omooo you must be really proficient in German ooo, and German is like kinda tough to learn so it requires significant investment in time and money. You are better off studying courses like that in the UK, seeing as there is currently even a high demand for health care professionals, you should be able to get right in. The only problem with UK is the ultra high cost of studying and living expenses. If you can invest sizeable time into studying German, then Germany is great, you most likely will take a foundation class to familiarise yourself with the language before starting the degree itself.

The application process itself is nothing hard, you can totally do it yourself without any agent or so, most universities use uni assist so all you have to do is upload all your documents there including language proficiency certificates and it will be sent directly to your school. Others require that your documents are validated by uni assist so they give you what is called VPD which you will submit to the school. Either ways, the first hurdle you really need to cross is the language barrier.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tobimvo: 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2022
You can use the new passport that is connected to your NIN (Even has your NIN on the datapage). That's what they mean by E-passport.

callontolu:
Hello guys. Pls I have a question. I saw on the checklist for visa application for students that only E- passports can be accepted. Does it mean we can not use the regular international passport?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tobimvo: 9:55pm On Mar 21, 2022
Meanwhile, the strangest thing happened during my interview today, i was told to solve maths. 5 questions were given to me to answer in 10 minutes. Has anyone else experienced this? or they just didn't like my face
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 11:14pm On Mar 21, 2022
tobimvo:
Meanwhile, the strangest thing happened during my interview today, i was told to solve maths. 5 questions were given to me to answer in 10 minutes. Has anyone else experienced this? or they just didn't like my face

Usuals
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tobimvo: 11:29pm On Mar 21, 2022
For real? never saw anything about it here. Just interview questions and waiting times. I guess that's cool sha, make people dey ready theirselves.

deuoessch:

Usuals
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TOMSY(f): 8:00am On Mar 22, 2022
tobimvo:
You can use the new passport that is connected to your NIN (Even has your NIN on the datapage). That's what they mean by E-passport.

Please avoid answering questions you're not sure about. You might have just discouraged someone because your own passport has the NIN information.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TOMSY(f): 8:06am On Mar 22, 2022
callontolu:
An e-passport is so called because it is an electronic passport. It has a chip which contains the same information on your data page, so that you can't alter the information on your data page.

Generally, the old Nigerian passports where the cover page has "The Federal Republic of Nigeria" are not e-passports. Mostly, the new "ECOWAS" passports are e-passports.

To recognize an e-passport, you will find the chip logo usually at the bottom. Here's a picture of the logo.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by callontolu: 8:40am On Mar 22, 2022
TOMSY:
An e-passport is so called because it is an electronic passport. It has a chip which contains the same information on your data page, so that you can't alter the information on your data page.

Generally, the old Nigerian passports where the cover page has "The Federal Republic of Nigeria" are not e-passports. Mostly, the new "ECOWAS" passports are e-passports.

To recognize an e-passport, you will find the chip logo usually at the bottom. Here's a picture of the logo.

Thank you so much I really appreciate
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TOMSY(f): 8:48am On Mar 22, 2022
callontolu:

Thank you so much I really appreciate
You're welcome.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by peteviz: 9:30am On Mar 22, 2022
Please kindly add me also +2348137913902
CptWalter:

Ohh I didn't know that, can you add me please, +2347062037265. I will close this one and add everyone on it to that one. Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Somdiba: 12:32pm On Mar 22, 2022
Please has anyone gotten appointment this month?

I want to know if there are still giving appointments or paused for a while
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Germanwaka: 1:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
If you have the finances, try a private university. You can get admission ASAP. The cheapest private universities start at €8,000. You will need either a block account or a sponsorship letter to apply for a study permit there. Wish you all the best.

sayitall:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by maktix: 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
Amista:

I paid 25 euro. I applied on 16 feb. got admission letter on 10 March. International business economics.

Is this Msc in Intl Business Economics

Did they accept English passed with credit in GCE/WAEC as english language proficiency?

And i will like to have ur email address for further communication with you.

Mine is binaryfundclub@gmail.com

Kindly respnd on this asap.

Best regards
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tobimvo: 2:19pm On Mar 22, 2022
Are you implying that the Passport can be renewed without the NIN?

TOMSY:
Please avoid answering questions you're not sure about. You might have just discouraged someone because your own passport has the NIN information.

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (712) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.