Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1112003 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 24, 2022
Thanks for the detailed post. I got my Admission Letter 21st of Jan 2022, and I applied for my interview date as well on that same date. I am in (Category B). Based on your report, I am hoping to get my Interview date-mail by the end of Jan 2023. The mistake I made was waiting till I got admission to apply for an interview date.

I haven't gotten any mail to re-register my appointment. I hope this doesn't mean my appointment is not valid.

Mosunmadez:
Hi everyone,

I am hoping I will be able to help some people with their questions on this thread based on my experience.

I got admission for summer semester in Jan 2021 and also applied for the visa under category B same day, I did my enrollment and my admission was intact. Exactly March 30, i got an email that my application had expired that i need to reapply by April 1st 2021.

I reapplied but did not get any invite and I also sent several emails which I did not get response to. Anyway, Jan ending 2022, i got an invite on a Friday and my interview was supposed to be on a Tuesday.

The race to block my account started on that Friday, thank God I already opened a sterling bank account before I got the invite. Monday morning I was at their head office in Lagos and I was told form-A is now online and I have to fill the form online, upload my documents and write a letter.

I noticed people are filling Form-a without going to the bank or sending email to their account officer to acknowledge that they made the request. It will not be processed if you don't let them know that you actually made the request.

I was not debited by my bank before the interview, so I didn't get block account documents but I went for the interview regardless. When I got in for the interview and I was asked about my block account by my interviewer and I explained my situation. I was not allowed to do the interview but she advised me to send an email immediately i get the documents with my reference number, passport number , my previous date and attach my block account documents in pdf format to it and request for another date.

I was given another date after 2weeks of sending the email.

So if you have gotten a date before and for whatever reasons you could not make it for your interview date or not allowed to be interviewed, send an email with all the above information and the documents that you need to present. 2 people I know got a new date like this.

After my interview i waited for 4weeks before getting approval Mail.

The process can be frustrating sometimes but be patient.

One mistake i made while waiting was not going to a language school in Nigeria.

Been in Germany for almost 5months now
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Priwillo: 2:22pm On Oct 24, 2022
deuoessch:

I'm not very sure, what course of study do you intend going for?
right now my brother any course I can use my 100lv transcript to apply for ,but I am coming from computer science though
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 2:43pm On Oct 24, 2022
Priwillo:
right now my brother any course I can use my 100lv transcript to apply for ,but I am coming from computer science though

Do you have an account with uni-assist? If not, open one now as you would need a document from them.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Abiodun397: 4:00pm On Oct 24, 2022
Would like to know..
Was your AL for summer semester and did you differ or started courses online?

somto234567:
Thanks for the detailed post. I got my Admission Letter 21st of Jan 2022, and I applied for my interview date as well on that same date. I am in (Category B). Based on your report, I am hoping to get my Interview date-mail by the end of Jan 2023. The mistake I made was waiting till I got admission to apply for an interview date.

I haven't gotten any mail to re-register my appointment. I hope this doesn't mean my appointment is not valid.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Priwillo: 4:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
deuoessch:

Do you have an account with uni-assist? If not, open one now as you would need a document from them.
I already had one since,I have gotten admission before sef for bsc,but had problem funding,and now my enrollment has passed and now the school can extend,so I need a school I can apply for admission that will give me appointment before December ending
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 4:42pm On Oct 24, 2022
Priwillo:
I already had one since,I have gotten admission before sef for bsc,but had problem funding,and now my enrollment has passed and now the school can extend,so I need a school I can apply for admission that will give me appointment before December ending

Check HAW Hamburg, OTH Amberg-Weiden. There are also more entries on the website of DAAD.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by kamtrix(m): 7:44pm On Oct 24, 2022
Good evening everyone. Please what are the steps for someone who wants to start PhD in Germany. Writing to professors isn't really working. Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by bchimezie20(m): 9:54am On Oct 25, 2022
When should I expect my documents from the embassy after submission of travel dates..
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 10:33am On Oct 25, 2022
bchimezie20:
When should I expect my documents from the embassy after submission of travel dates..

In normal cases, it could take from a few days to a week, especially if you're not resident in Lagos. Cheers, by the way.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Tee6969: 3:21pm On Oct 25, 2022
I think it depends what date you picked as a travel date! It should come a week or few days before your travel date that you selected.
bchimezie20:
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by J0nyb0y(m): 7:47pm On Oct 25, 2022
Guys, please what's the process of closing blocked account with Fintiba?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Loebarbie(f): 11:28am On Oct 26, 2022
Hello guys please I need advice and answer to this , I have been given invitation letter from private language school in Germany for study preparation and I called the embassy now for the type of visa to apply for they said is category B but I saw that category B appointment takes more than a year and the school said I should resume by January pls what do you think I should do
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by bchimezie20(m): 3:27pm On Oct 26, 2022
Loebarbie:
Hello guys please I need advice and answer to this , I have been given invitation letter from private language school in Germany for study preparation and I called the embassy now for the type of visa to apply for they said is category B but I saw that category B appointment takes more than a year and the school said I should resume by January pls what do you think I should do
either you get a scholarship or apply for phd.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by sparrowg: 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
[/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b]
deuoessch:

I'm not very sure, what course of study do you intend going for?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Dicka01: 7:40am On Oct 27, 2022
Please oo, German consulate in Ghana states you must be have Ghana as your residential abode for at least 6months and they put in bracket permanent resident. Does this mean that foreign nationals with a resident permit cannot apply ?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by williams2600(m): 3:29pm On Oct 27, 2022
everybody don lock up no body says anything again.

German embassy una do this one.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2022
Abiodun397:
Would like to know..
Was your AL for the summer semester and did you differ or started courses online?

I got my Admission Letter (AL) for the summer semester of 2022. I did the first semester online, however, when I paid for my second-semester enrolment fees, I was advised to ex-matriculate and defer my studies to the summer semester of 2023, because, they don't carry out second-semester studies online. I have also gotten another AL to this effect, which bears the second-semester arrangement so I can attach it with my other documents to show my admission is still valid.

Is there anyone who is in Category B, who applied in January? I will like to know if there is any positive news on AD (appointment dates).
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2022
Loebarbie:

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. you have to wait for over a year to get an appointment date. except you find some other route, like getting a government scholarship or doing a Ph.D., or applying to study master's with a first class in your first degree.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dozinasa(f): 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2022
Hi, good evening All. i am a newbie. i am looking forward to applying for summer class in April. I know the application is starting from Dec to end Jan 15 2023. Please my question is for schools i have to apply via uniassist, do i do it now or wait till then, i need clarification on that. also for English language requirement which is ielts required. is it complusory? i have written to freie university to inquiry if proficiency letter from my school can be used but i have not gotten any reply from the school. please i need advise as i need to get all documents ready.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by iatethesun: 5:08pm On Oct 27, 2022
Hello everyone anyone studying in TU freiberg or planning on studying next year?, I need tips so that my application and admission will be successful, I have a German equivalent CGPA of 1.25 (4.67 CGPA Nigerian), I studied Mechanical Engineering in bachelor's, and I want to study Mechanical and process Engineering in Masters. Thank you for fast response
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by trigger11(m): 8:09pm On Oct 27, 2022
iatethesun:
Hello everyone anyone studying in TU freiberg or planning on studying next year?, I need tips so that my application and admission will be successful, I have a German equivalent CGPA of 1.25 (4.67 CGPA Nigerian), I studied Mechanical Engineering in bachelor's, and I want to study Mechanical and process Engineering in Masters. Thank you for fast response
Potential Freiburg student
Would be sending application soon through uniassit
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tupacjr(f): 10:37pm On Oct 27, 2022
Hello to all, my case is different in fact, I just need help for the admission process because I am already in Germany. There isn't a lot of detail on the application process here; most posts just talk about when they applied and when they got admissions, then focus on the visa process. I'm trying to see how good my points are because I heard they grade with points. Do any of those who have been admitted have enough information to tell us how their points were scored and whether they took an extra interview? According to what I saw, the interview selection is also based on points.
Thank you in advance
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by bbmike30: 8:14am On Oct 28, 2022
Actually no need to do fake documents in ECOWAS countries ! Residence permit in Benin republic is for one year 20 k cfa , 3 years 50 k cfa 10 years 100 k cfa ! You do residence permit as a student ( learning french ) 20 k one year ! U open a bank account and every thursday u deposit 10 k into ur bank account without going to the bank ( mobile money ) after 11 months u request a visa with ur bank statement of 6 months ! Without agents , u go by yourself
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ojabo123: 5:48pm On Oct 28, 2022
somto234567:

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. you have to wait for over a year to get an appointment date. except you find some other route, like getting a government scholarship or doing a Ph.D., or applying to study master's with a first class in your first degree.
. Good evening house. Please i need ur advice on this. I just got Mail from the embassy today that my interview is on 22.11.2022. My school needed me to attend lectures in person but due to long waiting, i lost that admission. Should i write the embassy to schedulle me for july next year. CategoryB.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 7:17pm On Oct 28, 2022
Ojabo123:
. Good evening house. Please i need ur advice on this. I just got Mail from the embassy today that my interview is on 22.11.2022. My school needed me to attend lectures in person but due to long waiting, i lost that admission. Should i write the embassy to schedulle me for july next year. CategoryB.

You have about three weeks to get a new admission. Applications are open. If you could still get admission with the university that gave you the former one, then good.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ojabo123: 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2022
deuoessch:

You have about three weeks to get a new admission. Applications are open. If you could still get admission with the university that gave you the former one, then good.
Thanks. The program is for winter semester only
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by omosebi1(m): 10:38pm On Oct 28, 2022
When did u booked or register for an appointment date, was it November 2021 or December 2021?

To your question, I think the only thing safe for u either look for a school to apply to , or you look for a private school to apply to...

However if your date is fast approaching and you haven't secured an admission, kindly mail the embassy for rescheduling...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 10:05am On Oct 29, 2022
tupacjr:
Hello to all, my case is different in fact, I just need help for the admission process because I am already in Germany. There isn't a lot of detail on the application process here; most posts just talk about when they applied and when they got admissions, then focus on the visa process. I'm trying to see how good my points are because I heard they grade with points. Do any of those who have been admitted have enough information to tell us how their points were scored and whether they took an extra interview? According to what I saw, the interview selection is also based on points.
Thank you in advance

Visit any university close to you. Go to international office and sort yourself out.
It seems you don't like to read or make personal findings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.