Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (565) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1112117 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Philemon94: 7:20am On Nov 02, 2022
Good Morning All, pls I'm having a little challenge and I will he needing your advice accordingly, I got my visa interview date for 4th of November and unfortunately, my sponsorship letter will get to Nigeria next week.all other documents are in order except the sponsorship letter which didn't arrive in time due to logistic reasons.Now my question is as stated below:
1.Can I present a colored copy of my sponsorship letter at the embassy and explain to the VO that I will send it in as soon as I get it next week ?
2.will I be allowed to do my interview?
3.what is the fastest means of sending a document from Germany to Nigeria?
4.Pls does anyone know who is leaving Germany to Nigeria today that can be of help?
Bremen to be precise

Thanks in anticipation for your answers[color=#000099][/color]
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 7:31am On Nov 02, 2022
Philemon94:
Good Morning All, pls I'm having a little challenge and I will he needing your advice accordingly, I got my visa interview date for 4th of November and unfortunately, my sponsorship letter will get to Nigeria next week.all other documents are in order except the sponsorship letter which didn't arrive in time due to logistic reasons.Now my question is as stated below:
1.Can I present a colored copy of my sponsorship letter at the embassy and explain to the VO that I will send it in as soon as I get it next week ?
4.Pls does anyone know who is leaving Germany to Nigeria today that can be of help?
Bremen to be precise

1. Yes
2. Normally, yes
3.Courier (DHL) but takes up to 2 days for express.
4. No I don't but the person can go to closest intl airport, look for Lagos bound flights and approach someone to help. But the document must not be in an envelope nor laminated. S/he could be lucky. Alternatively, look for any courier (DHL, UPS, FedEx) within or near the airport facility for express mailing.

Otherwise, you can go with a copy and as soon as you receive it, send it to the embassy or tell the person to send it DIRECTLY to the embassy.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by gondukwu: 9:12am On Nov 02, 2022
pls i went for student visa interview at the german consulate in lagos, this is over 5weeks now am yet to get AM,
How long is the processing time.
I booked my appointment early august then got a date on the 23 of sept. i am in category A. This 5 weeks now after my interview no mail from the embassy yet. Please who knows how long is the processing time. i have called the embassy several times and they said they dont give information on phone.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by sholape1500: 2:11pm On Nov 02, 2022
Pls when did you book your appointment and when did you get the appointment date

Philemon94:
Bremen to be precise

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kultony: 2:36pm On Nov 02, 2022
Philemon94:
Bremen to be precise

All the best in your interview.

Please, when did you book your appointment?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by sparrowg: 6:16pm On Nov 02, 2022
Please who has sent money to block account... with form A... whats is the cost in naira
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 8:10pm On Nov 02, 2022
gondukwu:
pls i went for student visa interview at the german consulate in lagos, this is over 5weeks now am yet to get AM,
I booked my appointment early august then got a date on the 23 of sept. i am in category A. This 5 weeks now after my interview no mail from the embassy yet. Please who knows how long is the processing time. i have called the embassy several times and they said they dont give information on phone.

Stop calling them Just wait. If it was rejection they would have contacted you since. Expect good news and start preparing to join us

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 8:11pm On Nov 02, 2022
gondukwu:

You can also send me a pm. I will give you update on how to automatically track your current application status. But in general just relax
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Abdulhameed123: 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2022
SOLARPOWER1:

You can also send me a pm. I will give you update on how to automatically track your current application status. But in general just relax
How can some one track his application?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 10:09pm On Nov 02, 2022
SOLARPOWER1:

@gondukwu be very mindful of this post.

There is no official way to check for visa status update after interview globally.
Your German visa is usually issued by decision of the German authorities in Germany.

All you need to do is wait and hope. Only contact the embassy when it exceeds about 90 days, I'm not sure.

At this stage, there is nothing anyone nor you can do.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by iatethesun: 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2022
Someone should answer this please
sparrowg:
Please who has sent money to block account... with form A... whats is the cost in naira
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 1:39am On Nov 03, 2022
iatethesun:
Someone should answer this please

Some of us like this back and forth Q/A. A forum like this is not a messenger app and instant communication is nearly impossible.

Why don't just go ahead and ask the question or make the comment you want?

If Mr A used it and came to answer 'yes' after 2 days of posting this question, it takes you at least 1 hr to see it, then you post your main/most important question, then A comes back here again after 2 days to respond.
You see that a query that would take about 2 days to answer will now have to take 4 days.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by goldsmiths: 12:27pm On Nov 03, 2022
The new Visa waiting Time for Cat.B is over a year or one year?! Is there anyone who has gotten an interview before the one year waiting period?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by williams2600(m): 12:39pm On Nov 03, 2022
goldsmiths:
The new Visa waiting Time for Cat.B is over a year or one year?! Is there anyone who has gotten an interview before the one year waiting period?

people with over 1 year waiting are stll waiting i no someone with 16 months he is in Ireland now

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by goldsmiths: 12:54pm On Nov 03, 2022
Damn!
williams2600:

people with over 1 year waiting are stll waiting i no someone with 16 months he is in Ireland now
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by goldsmiths: 12:56pm On Nov 03, 2022
Is it possible to apply to study in germany from UK(When you are already studying in Uk)?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tupacjr(f): 3:47pm On Nov 03, 2022
goldsmiths:
Is it possible to apply to study in germany from UK(When you are already studying in Uk)?

My suggestion is to submit an application with your most recent transcript because they will question you about it (TUM in particular). I know someone who is already enrolled in a programme here in Germany, but she wanted to go to TUM; she hid the truth about her current enrollment and submitted a fresh masters application. She had to eventually admit that she wants to transfer schools after they questioned her about what she is doing right now in the absence of a current school transcript or work reference. It is best to mention unequivocally that I am currently enrolled in school and that I want to transfer.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Toonerdyy: 7:47pm On Nov 03, 2022
Damn that's crazy
williams2600:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Toonerdyy: 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2022
Both but i think it's over 1 year for persons who applied for Ausbildung while a year for persons who applied for bsc..either ways I'm not sure and i don't know..me sef de wait
goldsmiths:
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 8:22pm On Nov 03, 2022
tupacjr:

My suggestion is to submit an application with your most recent transcript because they will question you about it (TUM in particular). I know someone who is already enrolled in a programme here in Germany, but she wanted to go to TUM; she hid the truth about her current enrollment and submitted a fresh masters application. She had to eventually admit that she wants to transfer schools after they questioned her about what she is doing right now in the absence of a current school transcript or work reference. It is best to mention unequivocally that I am currently enrolled in school and that I want to transfer.

This is arguably a free country. Why lie or concede the truth? A country where even flimsy excuses are considered genuine.
I abandoned my study in Uni Köln to study something else in Uni Koblenz-Landau, I told the programme coordinator and international office even before applying. They will only ask that you should be exmatriculated at the former school as you shouldn't be enrolled in more than one university in Germany.
For highly competitive universities like TUM, you can attach a motivation letter on why you are leaving your current study and what you expect from your new university and course even WITHOUT BEING ASKED!

The same goes for when you are applying from a different country to Germany IF you are asked. I know persons who left Poland, US to study in Germany. Cost of tuition and quality of course (especially courses with practical and internships requirements) are good reasons.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 8:24pm On Nov 03, 2022
williams2600:

The reason I gave that opinion on a new system of issuing interview dates.

If they do that for 6 months, the wait time can reduce with up to 40%
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2022
Those who booked in December 2021 should prepare, the line is moving.

Those who booked in late November 2021 are getting appointment dates.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Divwake: 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2022
deuoessch:
Those who booked in December 2021 should prepare, the line is moving.

Those who booked in late November 2021 are getting appointment dates.
I never get ooo... I booked late November
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by deuoessch: 3:04pm On Nov 04, 2022
Divwake:
I never get ooo... I booked late November

It will come soon. Others in the same period are getting dates.

Someone sent an email to them and the consulate replied that dates are handed out every week.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Divwake: 3:19pm On Nov 04, 2022
deuoessch:

It will come soon. Others in the same period are getting dates.

Someone sent an email to them and the consulate replied that dates are handed out every week.
I guess, next two weeks for me. I booked 28th November
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ozonaija(m): 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2022
Please who has gotten an appointment at the embassy for the month of November?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ozonaija(m): 7:58pm On Nov 04, 2022
Divwake:
someone got it here na... Last Friday.

This is good news, that’s why we encourage more people to share the stories and testimonies so we can keep track of things.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 8:26pm On Nov 04, 2022
Divwake:
I guess, next two weeks for me. I booked 28th November

Hope you have a valid admission or enrolment certificate
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Divwake: 8:52pm On Nov 04, 2022
MrAAA2:

Hope you have a valid admission or enrolment certificate
yes. My blocked Account funded.. but not the current amount

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by iatethesun: 7:38am On Nov 05, 2022
Please did you use form A to fund your blocked account?
Divwake:
yes. My blocked Account funded.. but not the current amount
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Divwake: 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2022
iatethesun:
yes

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by sparrowg: 2:28pm On Nov 05, 2022
iatethesun:
How much is the current amount

(1) (2) (3) ... (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.