Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1109949 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 7:28pm On Mar 09, 2023
tupacjr:

This is not entirely right, please confirm information before assuring people. I would like to correct that you cannot use "any person" as a sponsor. There are requirements the person has to meet and this is available per city (I am very aware of the Munich restrictions because I tried to sponsor my friend here). The salary restriction was not an issue for me, but the KVR guy had to explain they can't allow me sponsor her because of the duration of my residence permit. I have a blue card which is valid for four years and is even longer than the program she wants to study which is a 3-year program. He said I need a permit that is valid for at least five years to qualify to sponsor someone for long-stay. This means I need a PR at least from the best of my knowledge because blue card is still the longest temporary visa I know of here (4 years validity). I would like to also clarify that she is already here in Germany self, but in renewing her student permit for a new program she needed to show proof of funds. We got another close person to us who already has citizenship here to help with the sponsorship.
I'm very much aware of the restrictions per city administration vetting it. I used any on basis of not necessarily knowing the person but he/she meets the requirement based on the jurisdiction vetting the letter. It's a matter of understanding which does not mean am being wrong.

Thanks for giving your view though
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by pseudonomer: 11:51pm On Mar 09, 2023
tupacjr:

This is not entirely right, please confirm information before assuring people. I would like to correct that you cannot use "any person" as a sponsor. There are requirements the person has to meet and this is available per city (I am very aware of the Munich restrictions because I tried to sponsor my friend here). The salary restriction was not an issue for me, but the KVR guy had to explain they can't allow me sponsor her because of the duration of my residence permit. I have a blue card which is valid for four years and is even longer than the program she wants to study which is a 3-year program. He said I need a permit that is valid for at least five years to qualify to sponsor someone for long-stay. This means I need a PR at least from the best of my knowledge because blue card is still the longest temporary visa I know of here (4 years validity). I would like to also clarify that she is already here in Germany self, but in renewing her student permit for a new program she needed to show proof of funds. We got another close person to us who already has citizenship here to help with the sponsorship.

I think this applies to your city majorly. The general rule is to have some salary scale and not be in your probation period.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 2:16am On Mar 10, 2023
Ayomide002:
Please someone should help with schools in Germany that don’t require payment (or uni-assist).

Thanks

Uni Bielefeld,
Uni Rohr Bochum

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SELENAqueensy(f): 7:40am On Mar 10, 2023
Uchepet:
Hi,

Can you pls give me information on University of Paderborn and the city. Based on living expense and in terms of jobs.

Thanks

I know that Paderborn City is one of the fastest when it comes to approving visa(That was my first Uni but I later changed when I got here). In terms of job it’s a little difficult. It’s a small city that’s why.

But some of my friends who are still studying there are still doing ok sha. Some works in bigger cities close to Paderborn.
So don’t worry, you will be fine.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Luisema4luv(m): 8:07am On Mar 10, 2023
tupacjr:

Yea different cities different rules, i knw that of muchen is very extreme, maybe because it is a big city
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by John854: 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2023
Please if you got a date today or this week please share to help keep track
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by bilysuso: 2:53pm On Mar 10, 2023
Priwillo:
Finally had my interview in Ghana today,and all I can say is,na so Dem dey do for here😂😂😂😂😂.

Interview just took 5mins with basic questions ,I had to ask the VO if we were done sef😂😂😂

My humble advice to guys that have admission and either sl or fully funded block account and that hasn't book appointment for a one year waiting period to try other African countries ASAP.you will be glad you did.

Please bro how did you manage to get their permit and the process? If possible let’s discuss on call 🙏🏽
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
I got my appointment date today.

I Applied 21st of January,2022.

Unfortunately, I just paid my tuition fees for Uk. Today. So I don’t need it. And I won’t be able to give more feedback on my application.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Divwake: 4:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
Priwillo:
Finally had my interview in Ghana today,and all I can say is,na so Dem dey do for here😂😂😂😂😂.

Interview just took 5mins with basic questions ,I had to ask the VO if we were done sef😂😂😂

My humble advice to guys that have admission and either sl or fully funded block account and that hasn't book appointment for a one year waiting period to try other African countries ASAP.you will be glad you did.
please, I'll like to get connected with you for little explanation.... awake4u2011@yahoo.com . Kindly email me🙏
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Abiodun397: 5:31pm On Mar 10, 2023
WOW...Congratulations anyway

You can cancel the appointment since its no longer needed so as to help free the appointment time for another applicant.

somto234567:

Unfortunately, I just paid my tuition fees for Uk. Today. So I don’t need it. And I won’t be able to give more feedback on my application.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by NNuch: 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2023
somto234567:

Thanks a lot for this information.it was really helpful.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Elinson31: 8:01pm On Mar 10, 2023
Hello guys I just got an email from the embassy stating that i should submit a copy of the email and my passport all I can say is otilor
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Divwake: 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2023
Elinson31:
Hello guys I just got an email from the embassy stating that i should submit a copy of the email and my passport all I can say is otilor
congratulations. Did you later send them reminder?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tupacjr(f): 3:21am On Mar 11, 2023
Hannania:
I'm very much aware of the restrictions per city administration vetting it. I used any on basis of not necessarily knowing the person but he/she meets the requirement based on the jurisdiction vetting the letter. It's a matter of understanding which does not mean am being wrong.

Thanks for giving your view though

Giving incomplete information can be even more dangerous. The questioner mentioned using a sponsorship letter from someone who isn't a family member AND has only been in Germany for 4 months. Please explain how telling them "any" person does not qualify as being "not entirely correct," as I stated. You should not be defending anything unless I lied to You.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by HighPriest0(m): 4:56am On Mar 11, 2023
Oye50:

It has been a while since I came here but then I have time today so I want to encourage you guys with a short story (my story of the German adventure). I started checking this thread in 2012 when I read almost from the beginning to the end. However, during those times I remember many people complained that those that travelled to Germany do not come back here to give updates on their life during and after their studies. I and many others made a commitment to come back once in a while to update those willing to take our path. I came back on this thread about two years ago when I got a job here in Germany to talk about it but here today, I would like to talk generally about my path in Germany. I hope this would not be too long and boring for you. My journey started in 2015, when I came to study Agricultural Economics (Masters program), without a scholarship, To tell you plainly, it is not easy as a self-funded student in Germany, although very doable. Many times I remember I go for a night shift and resume for another morning shift the following day so that I can pay my bills. Now, Imagine what it would be like now for students when prices are skyrocketing. That is why these days, I try to help students with scholarship information and that was the reason why I shared the video I quoted. Moving forward, I graduated with an above-average grade and immediately after I got my first interview, I thought life is so easy. The interview went excellently well but I never heard back from the company despite sending a few more messages. From that time, it took almost 6 months to get the next interview after paying for different professional CV editing services. Still no show. It took 1 year and a few months after I finished before I finally got a break. Mind you, many of my colleagues already left Germany for the US and many other places because their 18 months expired and for many other reasons. Fast forward to 2022, I applied for a permanent residence permit because once you have worked for 2 years after studying here you are entitled to it. After several bureaucracies, I got the permit. With the permit, the possibilities here are endless, you can even become self-employed. My advice for you when you are coming are:

1. PLEASE LEARN GERMAN LANGUAGE if you are really serious about coming here. I had 2 interviews in the past where I missed out at an advanced stage because I couldn't speak German then. It is better and cheaper to learn in Nigeria before coming to face the ever-moving life here.
2. Another piece of advice is please do not come here just because you want to leave the country, make sure you research about your course of study very well before coming here. Some programs are designed for you to go back to your country and develop it not to stay here. If you come for such a program, your chances of getting a job before 18 months are limited
3. Try to apply for scholarships if you can, it will make your life easier when you get here and your grades can be enhanced.
4. There are many opportunities for you here if you can associate yourself with the right group.

That's it. I am talking too much already and I apologize for that. I just realize that for me to also try to catch up since the last time I was here, there is a need to paint the whole picture. So guys, all the best

Were you doing a professional job during the two years to get the permanent residency??
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Elinson31: 5:37am On Mar 11, 2023
Divwake:
congratulations. Did you later send them reminder?

Thank you, no I didn’t but I called the embassy telling that I was told to send an up to date letter of enrollment for summer semester 2023.

Which I sent to them, an the lady who sounded rude over phone told me that they won’t notify me if they’ve received it on or that they will get back to me if the visa is ready or not Omo that lady is always so rude I don’t know if they hate it when someone has travel intentions Omo the next the I receive this on my mail

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kultony: 5:59am On Mar 11, 2023
Elinson31:

Thank you, no I didn’t but I called the embassy telling that I was told to send an up to date letter of enrollment for summer semester 2023.

Which I sent to them, an the lady who sounded rude over phone told me that they won’t notify me if they’ve received it on or that they will get back to me if the visa is ready or not Omo that lady is always so rude I don’t know if they hate it when someone has travel intentions Omo the next the I receive this on my mail

Sorry about your experience with the receptionist.

Please, what's the name of your university and the city you are going? Is your program a Bachelor's degree or a Master's degree?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 7:23am On Mar 11, 2023
tupacjr:

Giving incomplete information can be even more dangerous. The questioner mentioned using a sponsorship letter from someone who isn't a family member AND has only been in Germany for 4 months. Please explain how telling them "any" person does not qualify as being "not entirely correct," as I stated. You should not be defending anything unless I lied to You.
It's funny how you all don't answer questions, but wait on the line to be "masters" in things clearly spoken. Next time answer the question. Don't come at people's mention. Gracias

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:29pm On Mar 11, 2023
Flight ticket nko?. How much should we budget
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tupacjr(f): 12:30pm On Mar 11, 2023
Hannania:
It's funny how you all don't answer questions, but wait on the line to be "masters" in things clearly spoken. Next time answer the question. Don't come at people's mention. Gracias

If I don't have a correct answer, I will remain silent; if I do, I will share it. I don't understand how that is a problem; why are you attacking me when I did nothing wrong? I've been through the German bureaucracy with the employment route, but I'm not familiar with student visas; I don't live in Nigeria and I just applied to TUM this month, what do you expect me to say when I know I don't have answers to all the student visa process from Nigeria? I saw your response at the same time I saw the question, but I don't live here on Nairaland. You should learn to be more open to corrections, especially when they can benefit others.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2023
tupacjr:

If I don't have a correct answer, I will remain silent; if I do, I will share it. I don't understand how that is a problem; why are you attacking me when I did nothing wrong? I've been through the German bureaucracy with the employment route, but I'm not familiar with student visas; I don't live in Nigeria and I just applied to TUM this month, what do you expect me to say when I know I don't have answers to all the student visa process from Nigeria? I saw your response at the same time I saw the question, but I don't live here in Nairaland. You should learn to be more open to corrections, especially when they can benefit others.
last two sentences on you if social growth is important to you. Once again, Gracias!

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Elinson31: 2:08pm On Mar 11, 2023
Kultony:

Sorry about your experience with the receptionist.

Please, what's the name of your university and the city you are going? Is your program a Bachelor's degree or a Master's degree?

Thanks naso them dey do, Bachelor's degree
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Divwake: 4:26pm On Mar 11, 2023
A friend of mine is asking how best to get her money from FINTIBA, in such a way it can enter an account in Germany. She doesn't want the money to have less value if it enters NIGERIA.

Kindly assist with solution.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Toonerdyy: 8:49am On Mar 12, 2023
Good day man please how did you go about with your residence permit in Ghana..i need help pls..
Priwillo:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ogagaejay: 8:57am On Mar 13, 2023
pseudonomer:

I think this applies to your city majorly. The general rule is to have some salary scale and not be in your probation period.

not true.

i have german citizenship and sponsored someone when in the probation period. what they look at mostly is the resident permit.

I even know a German who sponsored someone without a job (but she had a house)

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ogagaejay: 11:58am On Mar 13, 2023
Divwake:
A friend of mine is asking how best to get her money from FINTIBA, in such a way it can enter an account in Germany. She doesn't want the money to have less value if it enters NIGERIA.

Kindly assist with solution.

The money would be transferred by the bank to any account of her choice, she could either give the bank a Nigeria ACCOUNT or a third party account here in Germany
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Rennyunit: 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2023
Hi guys,

Is anyone coming to Germany from Lagos this month?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Divwake: 1:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
ogagaejay:

The money would be transferred by the bank to any account of her choice, she could either give the bank a Nigeria ACCOUNT or a third party account here in Germany
perfect. She has as a second opinion to open Euro Account in Nigeria. So that the money won't be affected by CBN exchange rate
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kultony: 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2023
Divwake:
perfect. She has as a second opinion to open Euro Account in Nigeria. So that the money won't be affected by CBN exchange rate

I doubt if this would work.

I know there is an international law that aims to prevents this. It ensures all refunds are sent to the same account payment was made from.

You must be lucky if FINTIBA allows refund through a different account.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Divwake: 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
Kultony:

I doubt if this would work.

I know there is an international law that aims to prevents this. It ensures all refunds are sent to the same account payment was made from.

You must be lucky if FINTIBA allows refund through a different account.

same account name but Euro Account.
I doubt if that would be a problem
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 4:57pm On Mar 13, 2023
Divwake:
same account name but Euro Account.
I doubt if that would be a problem

If money is coming into Nigeria from fintiba it will go to central bank direct before your bank will come and get it from them and credit you in naira with official rate. In 2021 when I applied for a refund of my tuition fees from Poland, the money went to central bank and from central bank my bank pick it up from there. But try to see if you will be lucky.. use dom account
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Divwake: 5:47pm On Mar 13, 2023
dennison4luv:

If money is coming into Nigeria from fintiba it will go to central bank direct before your bank will come and get it from them and credit you in naira with official rate. In 2021 when I applied for a refund of my tuition fees from Poland, the money went to central bank and from central bank my bank pick it up from there. But try to see if you will be lucky.. use dom account
that's the plan.
But, did you try domiciliary Account then?

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.