Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,098 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1109559 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 12:46pm On Jun 07, 2023
ChiomaMC:
Please my school is requesting for health insurance before enrollment. Who can help me clarify this? In the enrolment form, this was specified.

"You must provide information about your health insurance here in accordance with Social Security Code Paragraph 2. Enrollment without health insurance is not possible.

You must request proof of insurance from your health insurance company before enrolling. If you are privately insured, request exemption from compulsory insurance from any statutory health insurance company.
• The proof of insurance is transmitted digitally from the health insurance company to the university.
• The assignment is based on your personal information and, if applicable, your insurance number. Pay attention to the identical information in this application and enrollment portal and the data from your health insurance company, especially in the
information about your master data.
• If there are any discrepancies, first contact the student office for clarification and then, if necessary, the health insurance company to enable timely enrollment.''

How old are you?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ChiomaMC: 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2023
I'm above 30

MrAAA2:

How old are you?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chriswazo(m): 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
Did anyone get admission to Bachelor Applied mathematics at mittweida?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ChiomaMC: 5:47pm On Jun 07, 2023
Please is there anyone going to or already studying at University of Gottingen? I need help with the enrolment process pls
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Immacharles: 7:03pm On Jun 07, 2023
ChiomaMC:
Please is there anyone going to or already studying at University of Gottingen? I need help with the enrolment process pls

I applied to the University of Gottingen for the winter semester, admission hasn't been offered yet. Which semester did you go for?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 9:13pm On Jun 07, 2023
ChiomaMC:
I'm above 30

Google any public health insurance (preferably AOK, DAK, TK) with the name of the city your university is located.
Tell them to send a public insurance exemption letter to your school as required for the completion of your enrolment process.
Attach your admission letter, your passport data page and if available, your corresponding birth certificate in the request email.

A few days later, the contact person should respond.

Sample:

Dear Admin,

I am enrolling for this Winter Semester at the University of Koblenz-Landau.
I am required to kindly ask a public health insurance agency to send a 'Bescheinigung über die Befreiung von der Krankenversicherungspflicht” (Proof of exemption from compulsory health insurance) to the University of Koblenz-Landau registry office in order to complete my enrolment process.

I am however currently insured by ABC with the following details:
Surname
Name
Passport No.
Nationality
DoB
Current insurance number

Kindly see my current health insurance certificate attached
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kennie28: 6:09am On Jun 08, 2023
mosesronnal:

Well if you came out with a first class degree or you got a scholarship from a German public fund, you should book for an appointment under category A after funding your blocked account, because your date can come within 2 or 3 days.

But if you don’t have a scholarship nor did you come out with a first class degree, then book for an appointment immediately even if you haven’t funded your account yet, because you’ll be called after a year for your interview. But that can be changed if you can apply for any available scholarship.
please what's the point of getting an admission before book appointment date when it will be given after 1yr+, what will happen when the academic session resumes and you haven't even gotten an appointment date yet? Is it not better I book an appointment date first then start looking for admission because my passport is not yet out sef
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ChiomaMC: 8:50am On Jun 08, 2023
Thank you for responding
Please when you said currently insured by ABC, does that mean my health insurance here in Nigeria? If so, does that mean i have to get a certificate from them and send to the health insurance company in Germany? Secondly what if I don't have any health insurance at all?

MrAAA2:

Google any public health insurance (preferably AOK, DAK, TK) with the name of the city your university is located.
Tell them to send a public insurance exemption letter to your school as required for the completion of your enrolment process.
Attach your admission letter, your passport data page and if available, your corresponding birth certificate in the request email.

A few days later, the contact person should respond.

Sample:

Dear Admin,

I am enrolling for this Winter Semester at the University of Koblenz-Landau.
I am required to kindly ask a public health insurance agency to send a 'Bescheinigung über die Befreiung von der Krankenversicherungspflicht” (Proof of exemption from compulsory health insurance) to the University of Koblenz-Landau registry office in order to complete my enrolment process.

I am however currently insured by ABC with the following details:
Surname
Name
Passport No.
Nationality
DoB
Current insurance number

Kindly see my current health insurance certificate attached
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jessydan54: 11:05am On Jun 08, 2023
Kennie28:
please what's the point of getting an admission before book appointment date when it will be given after 1yr+, what will happen when the academic session resumes and you haven't even gotten an appointment date yet? Is it not better I book an appointment date first then start looking for admission because my passport is not yet out sef

Don't forget when booking appointments there's space for you to input your passport number..so if your passport isn't out yet you can't be able to book appointments..but once you get your passport book your appointments even before applying to schools.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Petit08(m): 12:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
Good afternoon

Please i got admission in Turbingen. The Resumption is 4th oct 2023,but find out now that I need to wait for 14 to 15months before I can be booked for an appointment. I book for appointment May 17,please what can I do knowing fully well that my Resumption is 4th oct.
And I also see it when booking my appointment that if I didn't hear from them before the start of my program that I should cancel my booking appointment. Please help me with vital information.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2023
ChiomaMC:
Thank you for responding
Please when you said currently insured by ABC, does that mean my health insurance here in Nigeria? If so, does that mean i have to get a certificate from them and send to the health insurance company in Germany? Secondly what if I don't have any health insurance at all?

You need a German health insurance. For your case, if you do not have any health insurance already, Mawista or Dr Walter might be the best. You are only liable for payment only after you arrive Germany.

You should read sources from the Internet
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2023
Petit08:
Good afternoon

Please i got admission in Turbingen. The Resumption is 4th oct 2023,but find out now that I need to wait for 14 to 15months before I can be booked for an appointment. I book for appointment May 17,please what can I do knowing fully well that my Resumption is 4th oct.
And I also see it when booking my appointment that if I didn't hear from them before the start of my program that I should cancel my booking appointment. Please help me with vital information.

Beautiful discovery.

All these while you were planning study abroad, you never looked up embassy requirements?
Well, it's the sad situation. Either defer if the uni agrees or try next winter admission. You should now book.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by jalilbrandt: 12:35pm On Jun 08, 2023
[img][/img]
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ChiomaMC: 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2023
Thank you a lot.
MrAAA2:

You need a German health insurance. For your case, if you do not have any health insurance already, Mawista or Dr Walter might be the best. You are only liable for payment only after you arrive Germany.

You should read sources from the Internet
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by iTRIEDOG: 4:51pm On Jun 08, 2023
based on my understanding from what was written on the German Embassy website “If you don't receive an appointment confirmation email prior to your mentioned date of the beginning of your studies your registration can no longer be considered. In this case please cancel your registration. Thank you!’’
I think they mean that if you don’t receive a confirmation email(the one they send some minutes after you book an appointment) before the start of your program that’s when you should cancel your registration. So in your case, you booked an appointment May 17 and your program starts Oct. 4th. If you received an email(appointment confirmation email) from the embassy some minutes after you booked an appointment, i think you are good to go. I don’t know if i’m right or wrong though. It isn’t so clear what they mean tbh. If anyone understands better please he/she should clarify. Thank you in advance.

Petit08:
Good afternoon

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by badmus204: 5:43pm On Jun 08, 2023
Chinemelum1:
Who has gotten an APPOINTMENT date lately should let us know
PLease
I did, I think may 29
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by PeculiarVee: 5:50pm On Jun 08, 2023
I recently got an admission to study Msc Economics at the University of Kiel.

Please is there anyone studying /admitted to the university of kiel that successfully deferred their admission or started the course online?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kofoworolaog: 7:06pm On Jun 08, 2023
badmus204:

I did, I think may 29

Please when did you book an appointment? And when is your AD?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Joeman1: 7:28am On Jun 09, 2023
Chinemelum1:

Which year did you apply Year you got AD

Applied for September 2023 and got same also.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Joeman1: 7:36am On Jun 09, 2023
Dear all, I have been accepted for a master's program in Berlin starting in September 2023. However, I am currently facing difficulties in securing an appointment date at the embassy. I am based in the UAE. Is there anyone in the UAE or anyone who knows someone in the UAE who is also seeking admission and facing the same issue? Currently, there are no available dates on the embassy's system for visa appointments. I kindly request your assistance on how to proceed. Thank you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Petit08(m): 8:44am On Jun 09, 2023
Thank u for your response. But my concern now is that should I cancel my appointment booking because it was stated there that if I don't hear from them within the start of my program(4th oct 2023) that I should cancel it,but am thinking I can leave the booking then apply for winter session in 2024...please I need your candid advice.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by iTRIEDOG: 9:00am On Jun 09, 2023
I think that if you receive a confirmation email (the one with your reference number) before Oct 4th, there’s no need to cancel. I’m not 100% sure though.
Petit08:
Thank u for your response. But my concern now is that should I cancel my appointment booking because it was stated there that if I don't hear from them within the start of my program(4th oct 2023) that I should cancel it,but am thinking I can leave the booking then apply for winter session in 2024...please I need your candid advice.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 9:32am On Jun 09, 2023
Joeman1:
Dear all, I have been accepted for a master's program in Berlin starting in September 2023. However, I am currently facing difficulties in securing an appointment date at the embassy. I am based in the UAE. Is there anyone in the UAE or anyone who knows someone in the UAE who is also seeking admission and facing the same issue? Currently, there are no available dates on the embassy's system for visa appointments. I kindly request your assistance on how to proceed. Thank you.

I had my interview in UAE in 2020, and a number of friends in 2021.
Are you sure? Or you don't know how to make appointments?

I have to know which is the case and let's see what's next.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Joeman1: 9:38am On Jun 09, 2023
MrAAA2:

I had my interview in UAE in 2020, and a number of friends in 2021.
Are you sure? Or you don't know how to make appointments?

I have to know which is the case and let's see what's next.

I hope im correct brother. Below is the appointment webpage is believe I should use.

https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/appointment_showMonth.do?locationCode=duba&realmId=1067&categoryId=2211&dateStr=04.07.2023

Please your guidance would be appreciated.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jessydan54: 9:43am On Jun 09, 2023
Joeman1:

Currently there's no appointment date in the UAE german embassy till September, according to what I read online..they are fully booked.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Joeman1: 9:45am On Jun 09, 2023
Jessydan54:

Currently there's no appointment date in the UAE german embassy till September, according to what I read online..they are fully booked.

God, what do I do now? Any idea?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jessydan54: 9:46am On Jun 09, 2023
Petit08:

Do not cancel your appointment, if you cancel the appointment and book again you will have to still wait for 14months counting from the date you booked.. we all deferred our admissions and wait till it our turn..just make sure you have an admission at hand when it your turn to get your appointment

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jessydan54: 9:48am On Jun 09, 2023
Joeman1:

God, what do I do now? Any idea?

Join them online pending when there's date for your visa, or better still Deferre your admission..I believe you won't have to wait like us here in Nigeria. Maybe from October there will be space.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 9:56am On Jun 09, 2023
Joeman1:

I hope im correct brother. Below is the appointment webpage is believe I should use.

https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/appointment_showMonth.do?locationCode=duba&realmId=1067&categoryId=2211&dateStr=04.07.2023

Please your guidance would be appreciated.

An email to the embassy is better. I can send you their email address.
But get everything ready for the interview particularly proof of sustenance in Blocked Account or Declaration of Commitment (so called Sponsorship Letter).
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SELENAqueensy(f): 10:18am On Jun 09, 2023
mosesronnal:

Was she supposed to resume class for the summer semester or the upcoming winter semester?

Supposed to be Summer but it’s late now so she will start in Winter instead.
But she enrolled before going for her interview
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kofoworolaog: 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2023
Please guys, any AD today?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chinemelum1: 2:03pm On Jun 09, 2023
badmus204:

I did, I think may 29
When did you book the appointment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.