Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1109305 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Harry4cas(m): 11:10pm On Jun 04, 2023
Immacharles:
Thank you so much for this. I'm going for data science, but I will proceed with my application and see what happens afterwards. I appreciate your response

You're welcome Chief. Interestingly, FAU has both Data Science and AI masters program.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Immacharles: 1:10am On Jun 05, 2023
LOL, I'm a lady, but thank you. Yes I noticed but I went for DS. I might add AI to it later. How's the school like? I guess you're there already

Harry4cas:

You're welcome Chief. Interestingly, FAU has both Data Science and AI masters program.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 1:42am On Jun 05, 2023
Harry4cas:

Also try this schools,
https://www.th-deg.de/studying-in-english

https://www.tu-darmstadt.de/studieren/studieninteressierte/bewerbung_zulassung_tu/bewerbung_master/index.en.jsp

https://www.tu-braunschweig.de/en/courses-in-english?tx_kesearch_pi1%5Bfilter_51%5D=&tx_kesearch_pi1%5Bfilter_52%5D=&tx_kesearch_pi1%5Bfilter_60%5D=lehreenglischspracheenglisch&tx_kesearch_pi1%5Bfilter_62%5D=&tx_kesearch_pi1%5Bpage%5D=12&tx_kesearch_pi1%5BresetFilters%5D=0&tx_kesearch_pi1%5BsortByDir%5D=&tx_kesearch_pi1%5BsortByField%5D=&tx_kesearch_pi1%5Bsword%5D=&cHash=fc54bf49ccf6d81b5e0767ffa632a775

https://www.hochschule-trier.de/en/study/study-further-education/master-degree-programmes

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 05, 2023
mosesronnal:

Well you can choose to study any Masters degree in any of these programs or any course related programs. Like Computer Science, you can study, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and lots more.
Search for myGermanUniversity.com to see schools offering master’s degrees taught in English

Thank you
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 05, 2023
Harry4cas:

You can start from here. https://www2.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/

NB: There are schools that offer Data Science program in Germany but aren't listed in Daad.de. For example LMU has a Statistics & Data Science program ( which in my opinion is the best Data Science program at LMU) however, this same program isn't listed on Daad. Instead, they have their Elite Data Science program on Daad website. So by all means, you shouldn't be tired to use other websites to search for more schools.

I can recommend the following schools LMU, TUM, FAU, Saarland University, and University of Tübingen.

DYOR! More so, check each school's program curriculum to ensure it's up to date with the current trend in the industry at the moment. Some school's Data Science program are just shaft tbh... so do your due diligence.)

Is statistics and data science more superior to data science alone?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Immacharles: 7:53am On Jun 05, 2023
Thank you so much

dennison4luv:

Also try this schools,

https://www.tu-darmstadt.de/studieren/studieninteressierte/bewerbung_zulassung_tu/bewerbung_master/index.en.jsp

https://www.tu-braunschweig.de/en/courses-in-english?tx_kesearch_pi1%5Bfilter_51%5D=&tx_kesearch_pi1%5Bfilter_52%5D=&tx_kesearch_pi1%5Bfilter_60%5D=lehreenglischspracheenglisch&tx_kesearch_pi1%5Bfilter_62%5D=&tx_kesearch_pi1%5Bpage%5D=12&tx_kesearch_pi1%5BresetFilters%5D=0&tx_kesearch_pi1%5BsortByDir%5D=&tx_kesearch_pi1%5BsortByField%5D=&tx_kesearch_pi1%5Bsword%5D=&cHash=fc54bf49ccf6d81b5e0767ffa632a775

https://www.hochschule-trier.de/en/study/study-further-education/master-degree-programmes
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Immacharles: 8:31am On Jun 05, 2023
I applied for the AI masters program for DIT(deggendorf). I didn't see DS during the application. I guess DS is not available for the winter program, or am I wrong

dennison4luv:

Also try this schools,

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SELENAqueensy(f): 10:04am On Jun 05, 2023
mosesronnal:

Congratulations to her. It just took a month before they approved her visa!! Wow..
But please can you ask her when she booked for her appointment and what school she applied to!!

Fachhochschule Südwestfalen
Her waiting period for Visa was only 10months. Although her case is a little different.
She suffered small for their hand sha but we are glad it ended well.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by mosesronnal(m): 12:10pm On Jun 05, 2023
SELENAqueensy:

Fachhochschule Südwestfalen
Her waiting period for Visa was only 10months. Although her case is a little different.
She suffered small for their hand sha but we are glad it ended well.

Was she supposed to resume class for the summer semester or the upcoming winter semester?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
Hi Guys, did my interview since 3rd of April. Till now no AM or visa. Anyone in the same boat?

I booked for my interview 21st of Jan, 2022.

My Applied school is University of Göttingen. Winter semester, 2023.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by mosesronnal(m): 1:17pm On Jun 05, 2023
somto234567:
Hi Guys, did my interview since 3rd of April. Till now no AM or visa. Anyone in the same boat?

Well since you’re be starting class for the winter semester which normally starts September/October, I think maybe this month or next, you’ll get a decision email from the embassy. Stay positive

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by derah213(m): 2:26pm On Jun 05, 2023
Lol. Cameroon people dey find where dem go go too. Try Cotonou, if e neva cast

Immacharles:
Please has anyone ever gone to Cameroon for their interview? Please I need answers

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tuneao: 3:02pm On Jun 05, 2023
Hello everyone
I need your assistance on how true and genuine is this ATE study abroad program before I proceed on the process and payment…..your honest response will be more appreciated
Thank you
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Anfieldboss: 3:23pm On Jun 05, 2023
derah213:

But I don't think the wait tme in Cameroon will be as long as Nigeria.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Imustreturn(m): 3:53pm On Jun 05, 2023
Guys please how can I book appointment for short term visa? No appointments at all
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by derah213(m): 3:56pm On Jun 05, 2023
What I tell people is. If you are trying from a different African country and the website is not such that you can go there, see available appointment dates and pick a suitable one, don't do it.

Anfieldboss:

But I don't think the wait tme in Cameroon will be as long as Nigeria.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Anfieldboss: 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
derah213:
What I tell people is. If you are trying from a different African country and the website is not such that you can go there, see available appointment dates and pick a suitable one, don't do it.

Is the wait time not also stated on the website of the German embassy in those countries as it is in Nigeria. I mean the moment you try booking AD in the German embassy in Nigeria, you already know how long you'll wait.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bonn2007: 4:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
Hello guys,

Please for those who have had their visa Interview recently. How much was the Naira equivalent of the 80 Euro Visa application fee
Thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Harry4cas(m): 5:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
Immacharles:
LOL, I'm a lady, but thank you. Yes I noticed but I went for DS. I might add AI to it later. How's the school like? I guess you're there already

Okay my bad... I thought you were a guy smiley

No, I'm not at FAU yet cheesy if I'm there already I won't be here talking about starting my application this summer. Although I'm currently working in same field here in Nigeria.

About the school, for now, I can say that FAU is one of the best schools in Germany for AI program currently (I've perused their curriculum as well and I'm quite impressed). More so, a prof I know who lectures at LMU also recommended I add the school to my list of prospective schools.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Harry4cas(m): 5:15pm On Jun 05, 2023
Thanksful:

Is statistics and data science more superior to data science alone?

Data Science is really computational statistics ( Statistics + Computer Programming + Domain Knowledge) behind the scene. If your question is in reference to the two programs offered by LMU, then I can say that their statistics & data science program is better (for me) than their elite data science program. Perhaps, I might be biased since I have a major in Stats. So please feel free to compare the two programs at LMU; specifically, spend time with the curriculum of both programs and then decide which one you prefer.

Msc. Stats & Data Science program at LMU: https://www.statistik.uni-muenchen.de/studium/studieninfos/statistik_im_master/master_statistik/index.html

Msc Data Science at LMU (Elite program): https://www.m-datascience.mathematik-informatik-statistik.uni-muenchen.de/program/curriculum/index.html
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 6:18pm On Jun 05, 2023
THD-Deggendorf will commence charging up to 500 Eur as semester fees. Consider this if need be.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chinemelum1: 6:28pm On Jun 05, 2023
somto234567:

I believe that you will receive a response this month.
Don't forget to share your testimony here
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Immacharles: 8:07pm On Jun 05, 2023
Harry4cas:

Okay my bad... I thought you were a guy smiley

No, I'm not at FAU yet cheesy if I'm there already I won't be here talking about starting my application this summer. Although I'm currently working in same field here in Nigeria.

About the school, for now, I can say that FAU is one of the best schools in Germany for AI program currently (I've perused their curriculum as well and I'm quite impressed). More so, a prof I know who lectures at LMU also recommended I add the school to my list of prospective schools.

Okay, thank you for this. I applied to DIT and I was asked to write a test, which I did. An email was sent few days ago saying I passed the test and I have to write another one, which the fee for writing the second online test is 26 USD. They have options of writing the test online or onsite.

Please is anyone going through this or did any one go through this?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2023
Harry4cas:

Data Science is really computational statistics ( Statistics + Computer Programming + Domain Knowledge) behind the scene. If your question is in reference to the two programs offered by LMU, then I can say that their statistics & data science program is better (for me) than their elite data science program. Perhaps, I might be biased since I have a major in Stats. So please feel free to compare the two programs at LMU; specifically, spend time with the curriculum of both programs and then decide which one you prefer.

Msc. Stats & Data Science program at LMU: https://www.statistik.uni-muenchen.de/studium/studieninfos/statistik_im_master/master_statistik/index.html

Msc Data Science at LMU (Elite program): https://www.m-datascience.mathematik-informatik-statistik.uni-muenchen.de/program/curriculum/index.html

Omo they make sense but I don't have knowledge of statistics besides the elementary one of mean and it's cousins
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 6:37am On Jun 06, 2023
derah213:

Even the German Embassy in Cotonou doesn’t have appointments date anymore….na Watin dey happen for Africa self.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by brown1234: 10:33am On Jun 06, 2023
MrAAA2:
THD-Deggendorf will commence charging up to 500 Eur as semester fees. Consider this if need be.

From 2024/2025 academic session. But currently enrol international students are not affected
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by obago(m): 3:12pm On Jun 06, 2023
smiley
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by obago(m): 3:14pm On Jun 06, 2023
CooKeed:

Sure

I also sent you a message bro
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ChiomaMC: 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2023
I applied to a school in Gottingen last November, and got admission yesterday for winter section. I just came across this platform. I have never applied for a visa because I thought I would need my offer letter to apply like in every other country. I was surprised to read through and found out that the visa waiting period takes very long.
I'm a total novice of how German visa application process takes place. Now I don't know what to do. Can anyone advice me on the process and how to go about it pleaseeeeeeeee. Where do I start from now?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jessydan54: 4:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
Hello guys..I applied to fach Aachen and Fulda through uni-assist, I got the evaluation message today. My application to fulda was successful but Fach Aachen request me to send the admission dept my English language proficiency B2 and will be evaluated and a letter will be sent to me to upload on uni- assist before my application will scale through..pls what do you think I do, should I write then?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Richie31: 8:13pm On Jun 06, 2023
Pls can you add this number +234 814 654 2151 to the NG-DE group pls, I lost my phone some couple of months ago and I just got a new one. please 🙏.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ChiomaMC: 11:31am On Jun 07, 2023
Please my school is requesting for health insurance before enrollment. Who can help me clarify this? In the enrolment form, this was specified.

"You must provide information about your health insurance here in accordance with Social Security Code Paragraph 2. Enrollment without health insurance is not possible.

You must request proof of insurance from your health insurance company before enrolling. If you are privately insured, request exemption from compulsory insurance from any statutory health insurance company.
• The proof of insurance is transmitted digitally from the health insurance company to the university.
• The assignment is based on your personal information and, if applicable, your insurance number. Pay attention to the identical information in this application and enrollment portal and the data from your health insurance company, especially in the
information about your master data.
• If there are any discrepancies, first contact the student office for clarification and then, if necessary, the health insurance company to enable timely enrollment.''

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (708) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.