Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1113903 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by HighPriest0(m): 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2023
Gopro:

It's really infuriating. I got the same email. 1 year 6 months to get a an interview at the German embassy for Nigerians is just an insult to our government.

From my observation, they are trying to stop Nigerians from taking advantage of their free/cheap education system but what they don't know is that lots of people are admitted to private universities and they are a lot of genuine scholars from the applicants.

Category A wait time is within 4 weeks while B is over 1 year and 6 months. It doesn't make sense. It is better they scrap the Category B thing and make it known that you can only study in Germany if you meet the requirements in Category A instead of frustrating the dreams and aspiration of genuine people. but they wouldn't do that as that would expose them.

We all know that in a decent country they will not be doing this. Our government is lackadaisical about issues like this and that is why we have to so something about it by letting the whole world know how Germany treats Nigerian students.

If we don't put an end to this, everyone that comes after us will have to go through the same treatment or even worse.

Collectively if we put sufficient effort with the right resources, we can put this issue in front of the whole world and get a good reaction from the German embassy without risking our chances of going to Germany. The way I see it, it's a win-win situation for us.

I'd like to hear you guys opinion about this so we can get into discussions about the plan and execution.

I totally understand your frustration and sentiments bro. I was once in your shoes. but there's nothing you or Nigerian government can do about it.
protesting would even worsen the whole issue.

My advice is if you can't wait... you follow the route other people follow (going to neighboring countries to do your interview)..

or you consider going to other countries.... there are some European countries whose schools have affordable tuition fees... example is Finnland.
Some Finland schools their tuition ranges from 5000euro and above or even less..... Finland is one of the best countries in Europe to study... I have friends who left germany for Finnland.. and their doing fine.

another good thing about Finnland is after graduation... you can get permanent residency with any type of job be it cleaning job or professional...

unlike germany....

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by DrinkWater10: 4:36pm On Aug 13, 2023
My application wasn't considered by Friedrich schiller, due to these three prompts, despite uploading the required docs, can someone tell me what I did wrong.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by HighPriest0(m): 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2023
DrinkWater10:
My application wasn't considered by Friedrich schiller, due to these three prompts, despite uploading the required docs, can someone tell me what I did wrong.
I don't understand what you mean... Were you rejected?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ekykool(m): 1:08am On Aug 14, 2023
DrinkWater10:

Clarify what you mean by this: "due to these three prompts"

However, looking at what you uploaded, maybe they misinterpreted your grade to be the German grade. A 4-point grade is very low according to German scale.

1.0 to 2.5 are the common range for admission into Master programmes here.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daewoo2010: 3:35pm On Aug 14, 2023
Who has gotten AM lately? When did you do your interview pls?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Emmyeri23(m): 4:27pm On Aug 14, 2023
daewoo2010:

Omo I've been waiting for AM since oh! it's now going to 7 weeks nothing yet
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daewoo2010: 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2023
Hmm, here I was thinking it’d drop by 6th week😥

Emmyeri23:

Omo I've been waiting for AM since oh! it's now going to 7 weeks nothing yet
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Iamlanky: 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
If you booked an appointment july 2022 gather here… the waiting time is not easy.. i hear its over one year and 6mnts now…. Have gotten two admissions already🤦‍♂️
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Iamlanky: 6:16pm On Aug 14, 2023
Please guys i am considering deferring my admission
I booked an appointment july 2022 from look of things my AD will most likely be around October to December..
what is the next step after deferring the admission? Do i get to choose an appointment date
I really need your response guys 🙏
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by John854: 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
Iamlanky:
I booked an appointment july 2022 from look of things my AD will most likely be around October to December..
what is the next step after deferring the admission? Do i get to choose an appointment date
just apply for deferral and keep waiting for the date till they give you. Don't cancel your first booking! Just keep waiting, you cant choose a date by yourself at the German embassy here.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by User321: 11:13pm On Aug 14, 2023
Iamlanky:
omo if march pple have not seen their own in august/September.not to talk of MAY pple,July will most likely be next year.good thing it's was deffered ,there is nothing much u can do other than wait or seek appointment in neighbouring countries like other pple do.u can't choose dates and don't cancel ur appointment
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Iamlanky: 6:14am On Aug 15, 2023
Okay thanks a lot
This appointment tin is frustrating sha 🤦‍♂️
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Danda1211: 9:19am On Aug 15, 2023
Good day

I did my bachelors abroad, and I have a masters admission. I also belong to category A. I have an appointment for 23/08/2023. My diploma was authenticated by the country I received it. I have two questions.

1. How do I prove that I'm in category A, do I use my original diploma or transcript (I have both).

2. Do I need to do document authentication for my diploma with the Nigeria ministry of foreign affair (in abuja) before the appointment?

Any help provided is greatly appreciated.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by BigOG: 9:44am On Aug 15, 2023
User321:
omo if march pple have not seen their own in august/September.not to talk of MAY pple,July will most likely be next year.good thing it's was deffered ,there is nothing much u can do other than wait or seek appointment in neighbouring countries like other pple do.u can't choose dates and don't cancel ur appointment

Do you know about the process in Benin Republic, or anyone you can refer me to?
Thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by davss02(m): 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2023
DrinkWater10:

Did you apply through uniassist?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Oremeter: 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2023
daewoo2010:
Hmm, here I was thinking it’d drop by 6th week😥

Mine too is going to the 7th week already and I am thinking of writing them. What do you think?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Oremeter: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2023
daewoo2010:

Lol was just about to also ask the same question here
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by DrinkWater10: 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2023
davss02:

Did you apply through uniassist?
No, I applied through the schools application system. The areas where I uploaded my id and SOP were ticked green, but those three other areas were in the screenshot were flagged.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by sammirano: 6:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
DrinkWater10:

No, I applied through the schools application system. The areas where I uploaded my id and SOP were ticked green, but those three other areas were in the screenshot were flagged.

Jena Uni is a very useless school, even if they mark everything green they will still deny you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by DrinkWater10: 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
sammirano:

Jena Uni is a very useless school, even if they mark everything green they will still deny you.
What schools would you recommend, I need one that has English taught programmes and doesn't require uni assist.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by sammirano: 7:07pm On Aug 15, 2023
DrinkWater10:

What schools would you recommend, I need one that has English program and doesn't require uni assist.

Uni Bayreuth
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by fancyto(m): 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2023
If you are in any Schengen region on a tourist visa and wish to convert it to a resident permit card, Mail Me.
Note it's possible provided your Schengen visa hasn't expired

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Qwertyuiopa: 8:19pm On Aug 15, 2023
Oremeter:

Lol was just about to also ask the same question here

9th week, no Am
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by User321: 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2023
BigOG:

Do you know about the process in Benin Republic, or anyone you can refer me to?
Thanks.
honestly I don't know and I don't anyone personally that has done it,I only see pple come here say they were able to do theirs in Benin,just check thread,u will find them
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Emmyeri23(m): 9:27pm On Aug 15, 2023
Qwertyuiopa:

9th week, no Am

Mine is going to 8th Week, what's really happening?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Iamlanky: 11:10pm On Aug 15, 2023
It’s August… AD is still in march
Painful tin is wen it will get to person turn there will be no admission no nothing
Wasted efforts… may we not labour in vain
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by stripes16(f): 12:46am On Aug 16, 2023
12th week no AM….still waiting
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Oremeter: 9:45am On Aug 16, 2023
stripes16:
12th week no AM….still waiting

What? Have you sent them mail? The waiting time is 4-12 weeks na.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Oremeter: 9:47am On Aug 16, 2023
Emmyeri23:

Mine is going to 8th Week, what's really happening?

I'm thinking of sending mail to them if I don't hear anything from them by next week.
Maybe "we" should do the same.

What do you think?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Oremeter: 9:49am On Aug 16, 2023
Qwertyuiopa:

9th week, no Am

After someone waited for one 1year plus for AD now for AM waiting and waiting. I pray we don't wait in vain o.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Qwertyuiopa: 10:43am On Aug 16, 2023
Oremeter:

After someone waited for one 1year plus for AD now for AM waiting and waiting. I pray we don't wait in vain o.

Like are they on break or something?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daewoo2010: 11:40am On Aug 16, 2023
Yea I heard they go on a 3 week break every August so we’re looking at end of August. Even lecturers haven’t been replying mails this period. This is my observation.
Qwertyuiopa:

Like are they on break or something?

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (710) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.