Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (646) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1128690 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bethxxie: 12:07am On Aug 06, 2023
Andycobra:
This is the second time in this month I received this. Hence it's officially over 18 months waiting period

No, it isn't. It's currently as 16 months. They've been sending that for a while now. Even when it was still at 14 or 15 months.

They are possibly sending it now to spread the awareness because the people booking this year will have to wait for 1ยฝ years or more sef. You know how Nigeria things dey be
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kennie28: 12:45am On Aug 06, 2023
Please with the new development on the waiting period to 18months now, I booked just June this year please can I get admission for summer 2024 and defer it to 2025 because that seems like the year I would be given AD
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by John854: 8:48am On Aug 06, 2023
Kennie28:
Please with the new development on the waiting period to 18months now, I booked just June this year please can I get admission for summer 2024 and defer it to 2025 because that seems like the year I would be given AD
you may have to pay for enrollment depends on the school and its policy. Why not wait a bit at least 6 months before your AD you apply for admission
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bethxxie: 8:58am On Aug 06, 2023
Kennie28:

I would my suggest you wait before you apply to schools. Instead, before you apply to the universities, email them and ask them if they will allow deferral of your program and how long deferral can go. (But, to defer, you may need to keep paying their enrollment fee - have that in mind)

As for application, you should just start getting ready to apply for next year's ((2024)) winter admission but with plans to defer it to (Summer 2025 or winter of 2025
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by omosebi1(m): 2:36pm On Aug 06, 2023
BoluMoboluwarin:
GOOD EVENING ALL.

PLEASE I AM A PROSPECTIVE STUDENT THAT WHAT TO STUDY IN GERMANY.

I HAVE MY ADDMISSION AND A VALID VISA DATE FOR APPOINTMENT IN THE EMBASSY IN LAGOS BUT I DO NOT HAVE A SPONSORSHIP LETTER.

I AM SERIOUSLY DEPRESSED AND AT THIS POINT I AM CONFUSE.

PLEASE BY GOD IF YOU CAN SUPPORT ME WITH SPONSORSHIP LETTER I WILL BE GRATEFUL TO GOD AND YOU FOR TURNING THIS JOURNEY AROUND FOR ME.

I HAVE BEEN ON THE JOURNEY FOR OVER 3 YEARS NOW.

PLEASE HELP ME. PLEASE HELP

Hi,

When did u book ur Appointment

When did u receive ur Appointment date

When are u scheduled for interview
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Alamsvcc: 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2023
tyboss:
Good morning all, firstly my thanks to everyone who has contributed on this forum, every information has been useful. I am currently facing a bit of challenge, I am trying to fund my block account via expatrio platform. However upon initiating a bank transfer via my bank for transfer of funds to my expatrio account, it was reversed by my bank, the reason according to the bank being that the description I used to initiate the transfer "student upkeep" is invalid for transfer to a private company "expatrio" abroad.

I would like to kindly request, if any one who has gone through this process can be of assistance to me. It would be much appreciated.

Also, I would like to share my progress so far
Booked AD : 7th of April 2022
Got Admission to BTU Scottbus (msc) : 10th July 2023
c

Congratulations on your journey so far. I will advise you to contact any responsible, trusted and tested person you have have, who resides in Germany to assist you. I used Expatrio last year, and was able to do the funding with the help of my brother in Deutschland.
To the glory of God, I arrived in October as I got my visa in August.
May God grant our individual genuine heart desires.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Andycobra: 8:46pm On Aug 06, 2023
[quote author=Bethxxie post=124910293]
Are you sure about the 16 months because for some time now they have stopped giving people dates.

I am not sure if that 16 months is real
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bethxxie: 11:02pm On Aug 06, 2023
[quote author=Andycobra post=124929306][/quote]

Good point oh. Maybe e Don enter that 18 months true true.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Pulova1: 4:22am On Aug 07, 2023
Kultony:
I'm not used to this, but I believe someone may find this helpful.

I booked a visa appointment in Lagos on 29th of April, 2022. I have not gotten an appointment up till now. Frustrated by the delay and stress of following my classes online, I got a resident permit that allowed me attend my visa interview In Ghana.

Had my visa interview in German embassy, Accra on 20th February, 2023. Got an approval mail at about 10am on 17th of March, 2023 and pick my passport with visa stamp on 27th of March, 2023.

I will honestly advise you to explore the possibility of processing your visa outside Nigeria, if you have the means and desire to achieve your Deutschland dream. It comes with sacrifice, my dear!

DM me if you need guidance.

All the best and see you in Deutschland!

P.S. I have cancelled my Lagos appointment to give chance for people who still want to wait for Lagos, even though I feel it doesn't worth the stress.

Please I made a mistake while booking a visa appointment by filling in a wrong passport number but I have a date now so I want to know if thereโ€™s a way to correct it
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by User321: 8:02am On Aug 07, 2023
Pulova1:
Please I made a mistake while booking a visa appointment by filling in a wrong passport number but I have a date now so I want to know if thereโ€™s a way to correct it
unfortunately one will not be allowed with incorrect passport number or info.even from the confirmation mail u get after booking says u should cancel and register again if u notice u made a mistake.u know how this german guys do,they look for any little mistake.well I think u should just email them with this problem and hope for for the best.then still attended the interview, anything is possible by God's grace
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Tsesi: 9:44am On Aug 07, 2023
Hi, please I need advice on this
My bachelor's certificate and passport both has different middle names. while my birth certificate given at birth from the hospital has just my surname and name. Should I be worried because my AD will likely come out this year.
Is there anything I can do to this effect.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chifrando(m): 10:17am On Aug 07, 2023
Hello guys, please am looking for a good university for electrical engineering undergraduate course in Germany. Is anyone here studying electrical engineering?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tboydbrave(m): 10:46am On Aug 07, 2023
Good morning,pls I need your advice. If I am to apply for visa from another west African country. Would I still make use of my Nigerian passport? Or would get a passport there.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by User321: 10:56am On Aug 07, 2023
Tsesi:
My bachelor's certificate and passport both has different middle names. while my birth certificate given at birth from the hospital has just my surname and name. Should I be worried because my AD will likely come out this year.
swear an affidavit in a high court. That should do it.high court and not customary court

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bethxxie: 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2023
Tsesi:

Get an affidavit of change of name
Did you change your name or the mistake came from missing out one of your own names?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bethxxie: 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2023
Chifrando:
Hello guys, please am looking for a good university for electrical engineering undergraduate course in Germany. Is anyone here studying electrical engineering?

Check Daad.de. It's a website for German schools.
Just search "Daad.de"
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bethxxie: 1:36pm On Aug 07, 2023
tboydbrave:
Good morning,pls I need your advice. If I am to apply for visa from another west African country. Would I still make use of my Nigerian passport? Or would get a passport there.

Your Nigerian passport and resident permit. Or do you have dual citizenship?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jimhan: 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2023
Good day all

I would like to know if blocked account of 6 months and Sponsorship letter with credit rating can be accepted for visa application.

Please someone should help with a response
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bethxxie: 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
Jimhan:
Good day all

I would like to know if blocked account of 6 months and Sponsorship letter with credit rating can be accepted for visa application.

Please someone should help with a response

The sponsorship letter is already supposed to cover your entire stay. What is the 6 month blocked account for?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by stripes16(f): 8:43pm On Aug 07, 2023
My hubby booked Feb 20 2022, got AD for June 1, 2023. He is waiting for AM since then.
What could be the reason for this delay? Winter semester starts in October
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 9:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
Omo!!! I booked Feb this year, and by my calculations then, my AD should come latest in March or April next year. With the current waiting time of 1yr and 6 months, it's gonna be by August next year.

Do you all think my start date for summer 2024 in the application will affect my AD? I wish I can change to winter 2024.

I just have to get a scholarship now and apply CAT A.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bethxxie: 9:26pm On Aug 07, 2023
stripes16:
My hubby booked Feb 20 2022, got AD for June 1, 2023. He is waiting for AM since then.
What could be the reason for this delay? Winter semester starts in October

There's usually a delay. It's at the point where your application is sent to the Foreign office in Germany for them to make a decision. Usually, it takes around 3 months at most I think. But, I know someone who got AD same time as your husband and just received AM some time last week. So, wait a little and then email the embassy with some details (screenshots) of his progress.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bethxxie: 9:27pm On Aug 07, 2023
Hannania:
Omo!!! I booked Feb this year, and by my calculations then, my AD should come latest in March or April next year. With the current waiting time of 1yr and 6 months, it's gonna be by August next year.

Do you all think my start date for summer 2024 in the application will affect my AD? I wish I can change to winter 2024.

I just have to get a scholarship now and apply CAT A.

Your start date will not affect your AD as long as you have a valid admission at the time you get the AD
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by j3r3myk3n(m): 11:54pm On Aug 07, 2023
j3r3myk3n:
So NairaLanders, I need a sincere advice from people that has experience or an idea concerning which of these European countries one can hunt for with at least $15k comfortably within few months, with the hope of getting a decent job while studying Masters.

Don't even bother discouraging either, just give you little advice and I'll gladly appreciate.

Aside the US, UK, Australia, Germany (which demands block account)

How would you group these countries:

Austria ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น
Norway ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด
Czech Republic ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฟ
Iceland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
Finland ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ
Czech Rep ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฟ
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ
Norway ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด
Sweden ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช
Matla ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡น

I've made few researches but "......experience os the best teacher as they'll say".
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by davss02(m): 2:48am On Aug 08, 2023
Bethxxie:

It depends on what you're willing to go for. There are degrees like "Master of Science in Environmental Science" or even "Mastee of Science in Environmental and Resource Economics". With a little more research, we could find some directly as "Sustainable International Agriculture", but again, it will depend on what you're willing to go for. If you need it urgently, you can go with one related to your course and transfer schools once you're there. I think it will be a bit difficult finding one that's solely "Msc in Agricultural Science" but you can search deeper

Hope that helps. You could mail me through nairaland if you're interested in more help.

I've sent a dm. Kindly reply with your WhatsApp number

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 11:52am On Aug 08, 2023
[quote author=j3r3myk3n post=124958056][/quote]
Austria and Norway have same block acct model as Germany. But Norway is planning to introduce tuition this year.

The best nation there is Sweden. But $15k won't cover tuition and pof. Uk is the easiest. Use it as a stepping stone to go else where.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Oremeter: 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2023
Bethxxie:

There's usually a delay. It's at the point where your application is sent to the Foreign office in Germany for them to make a decision. Usually, it takes around 3 months at most I think. But, I know someone who got AD same time as your husband and just received AM some time last week. So, wait a little and then email the embassy with some details (screenshots) of his progress.

So let's say he/she waited 8 weeks to get AM.

But is it true if they do not send any rejection email in the first 3 weeks you have a high chance of getting AM?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Osg47cent: 1:53pm On Aug 08, 2023
Please I have a question, if you have a sponsor ( letter of obligation) for studies and you are to fill the visa application form. Who will you use as reference? Is it the school or the obligator.?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by IamkingP: 2:18pm On Aug 08, 2023
The university
Osg47cent:
Please I have a question, if you have a sponsor ( letter of obligation) for studies and you are to fill the visa application form. Who will you use as reference? Is it the school or the obligator.?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Osg47cent: 3:04pm On Aug 08, 2023
Thanks
IamkingP:
The university
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by j3r3myk3n(m): 8:34pm On Aug 08, 2023
Hannania:

Austria and Norway have same block acct model as Germany. But Norway is planning to introduce tuition this year.

The best nation there is Sweden. But $15k won't cover tuition and pof. Uk is the easiest. Use it as a stepping stone to go else where.

How is UK the easiest again when it requires nothing less than 10M
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by j3r3myk3n(m): 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2023
Hannania:

So literally, what's your best advice if I'm considering Europe with such amount managing the amount, regardless of blocked account or whatever.

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (712) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.