Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (645) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1128616 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by JoePatrao: 9:46pm On Aug 03, 2023
very very helpful and i cant wait to hear your great news

Oremeter:

1st time Study Visa Application Category B
19/12/2021
Got Appointment notification
20/01/2023.
Scheduled date of interview
15/02/2023

I couldn't go for the interview, my papers were not complete then. Then I wrote a mail to them immediately(13 Feb 2023), after I canceled the appointment (13 Feb 2023), informing them I couldn't make it for the interview.

I got a response that I should save the mail and once I reapply I should send them my new reference number.
I reapplied on 12/06/2023. Got a response on 19/06/2023 and my interview was on 30/06/2023.

I have been waiting for AM since then, 5 weeks already hoping to hear good news.

I hope this info is helpful to you guys.

Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by davss02(m): 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2023
Good evening guys

Does anyone know the school I can apply to for masters in summer?

I have Bsc in Agricultural Science
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bethxxie: 6:58am On Aug 04, 2023
davss02:
Good evening guys

Does anyone know the school I can apply to for masters in summer?

I have Bsc in Agricultural Science

It depends on what you're willing to go for. There are degrees like "Master of Science in Environmental Science" or even "Mastee of Science in Environmental and Resource Economics". With a little more research, we could find some directly as "Sustainable International Agriculture", but again, it will depend on what you're willing to go for. If you need it urgently, you can go with one related to your course and transfer schools once you're there. I think it will be a bit difficult finding one that's solely "Msc in Agricultural Science" but you can search deeper

Hope that helps. You could mail me through nairaland if you're interested in more help.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ahzNigeria: 11:42am On Aug 04, 2023
Study postgraduate courses in the UK, get FREE counselling and FULL support here: https://ahzassociates.co.uk
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by John854: 2:15pm On Aug 04, 2023
Please has anyone gotten a date today?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chinemelum1: 2:49pm On Aug 04, 2023
[quote author=JoePatrao post=124862754]very very helpful and i cant wait to hear your great news

Which mail did you send your cancellation message to?
Is it info@lago.diplo.de
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chinemelum1: 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2023
Oremeter:

1st time Study Visa Application Category B
19/12/2021
Got Appointment notification
20/01/2023.
Scheduled date of interview
15/02/2023

I couldn't go for the interview, my papers were not complete then. Then I wrote a mail to them immediately(13 Feb 2023), after I canceled the appointment (13 Feb 2023), informing them I couldn't make it for the interview.

I got a response that I should save the mail and once I reapply I should send them my new reference number.
I reapplied on 12/06/2023. Got a response on 19/06/2023 and my interview was on 30/06/2023.

I have been waiting for AM since then, 5 weeks already hoping to hear good news.

I hope this info is helpful to you guys.

Thanks
Which email address did you send your cancellation message to?
Is it info@lago.diplo.de
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Luisema4luv(m): 4:48pm On Aug 04, 2023
Any date today?

3 weeks and counting, no date given
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Jessydan54: 5:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
Luisema4luv:
Any date today?

I messaged þhe embassy 4days ago, because last month makes it exactly one year I booked my appointment, and they replied that the waiting time is almost 1 and half year now, that they have shortage of staffs and so many registration that I will have to wait for my own time.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nwakire29(m): 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2023
That's a lie
Jessydan54:

I messaged þhe embassy 4days ago, because last month makes it exactly one year I booked my appointment, and they replied that the waiting time is almost 1 and half year now, that they have shortage of staffs and so many registration that I will have to wait for my own time.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MOO25: 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
Nwakire29:
That's a lie

Please what is the lie? The waiting time?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by stephie20(f): 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
Nwakire29:
That's a lie

I booked in June last year and mailed them this year, also to ask them if my appointment is still valid cos the start date I put is getting closer. They gave the same response the person you quoted stated

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nwakire29(m): 5:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
I mean the German consulate in Nigeria are lying they are not understaffed. This is just a simple strategy to frustrate us. When i applied last year they said close to a year. Which technically means 11 to 12 months or worse of all 13th month. Now they can't even keep to their own words.
MOO25:

Please what is the lie? The waiting time?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MOO25: 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2023
Nwakire29:
I mean the German consulate in Nigeria are lying they are not understaffed. This is just a simple strategy to frustrate us. When i applied last year they said close to a year. Which technically means 11 to 12 months or worse of all 13th month. Now they can't even keep to their own words.

It’s really frustrating, plus starting date is so close, most schools are resuming by October 🥺
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nwakire29(m): 7:10pm On Aug 04, 2023
The problem is this present consular general, immediately he came in last year. It became difficult. Before now people usually get AD on the 11th month.
MOO25:

It’s really frustrating, plus starting date is so close, most schools are resuming by October 🥺
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bethxxie: 9:19pm On Aug 04, 2023
Luisema4luv:
Any date today?

Read the thread well, read the last two pages or so. Someone got a date recently.

Also, yes, the waiting time has been over 1 year for a while now. From calculations, it's currently 16 months
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Alakeke01: 9:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
Today is Friday any AD today??
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Oremeter: 11:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
Chinemelum1:

Which email address did you send your cancellation message to?
Is it info@lago.diplo.de

info@lago.auswaertiges-amt.de

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ehiremen2002: 7:49am On Aug 05, 2023
I need help and information as my cousin just got admission to Germany but already started studies in finland
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ehiremen2002: 7:54am On Aug 05, 2023
He is presently with a student visa in finland. He just informed the school he wouldn’t be continuing with his second year and got his school fee refund back. But the big question now is how to proceed with the German visa.

His program in Germany is Bachelor in Artificial intelligence in Degendorf institute of technology. Would be nice to know who will be attending that school.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bethxxie: 12:17pm On Aug 05, 2023
ehiremen2002:
He is presently with a student visa in finland. He just informed the school he wouldn’t be continuing with his second year and got his school fee refund back. But the big question now is how to proceed with the German visa.

His program in Germany is Bachelor in Artificial intelligence in Degendorf institute of technology. Would be nice to know who will be attending that school.

Oh, DIT! I didn't get the admission fo AI there 🥲. But, send an email to japa.prep.assist@gmail.com. They have a free checklist you can use.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by HighPriest0(m): 2:58pm On Aug 05, 2023
Harry4cas:
One of the schools I'm applying to requested that applicants should notarize their documents at the embassy. For people who notarized their documents at the embassy, I want to ask if there's any special invite required before one could go to the embassy to notarize documents?

You have to go to the embassy's website and book appointment for certification.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ehiremen2002: 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2023
Bethxxie:

Oh, DIT! I didn't get the admission fo AI there 🥲. But, send an email to japa.prep.assist@gmail.com. They have a free checklist you can use.

Are they here, would be nice to get comment that would help alot of other people. Note my case is a bit different, as I am not applying from Nigeria.

I am already in Finland and planning to use sponsor instead of block statement.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Harry4cas(m): 7:11pm On Aug 05, 2023
HighPriest0:

You have to go to the embassy's website and book appointment for certification.

Thank you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gopro: 9:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
MOO25:

It's really infuriating. I got the same email. 1 year 6 months to get a an interview at the German embassy for Nigerians is just an insult to our government.

From my observation, they are trying to stop Nigerians from taking advantage of their free/cheap education system but what they don't know is that lots of people are admitted to private universities and they are a lot of genuine scholars from the applicants.

Category A wait time is within 4 weeks while B is over 1 year and 6 months. It doesn't make sense. It is better they scrap the Category B thing and make it known that you can only study in Germany if you meet the requirements in Category A instead of frustrating the dreams and aspiration of genuine people. but they wouldn't do that as that would expose them.

We all know that in a decent country they will not be doing this. Our government is lackadaisical about issues like this and that is why we have to so something about it by letting the whole world know how Germany treats Nigerian students.

If we don't put an end to this, everyone that comes after us will have to go through the same treatment or even worse.

Collectively if we put sufficient effort with the right resources, we can put this issue in front of the whole world and get a good reaction from the German embassy without risking our chances of going to Germany. The way I see it, it's a win-win situation for us.

I'd like to hear you guys opinion about this so we can get into discussions about the plan and execution.

5 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Andycobra: 9:55pm On Aug 05, 2023
Check the mail I got earlier today

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Andycobra: 9:57pm On Aug 05, 2023
This is the second time in this month I received this. Hence it's officially over 18 months waiting period
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by gnykelly(m): 10:00pm On Aug 05, 2023
Gopro:

It's really infuriating. I got the same email. 1 year 6 months to get a an interview at the German embassy for Nigerians is just an insult to our government.

From my observation, they are trying to stop Nigerians from taking advantage of their free/cheap education system but what they don't know is that lots of people are admitted to private universities and they are a lot of genuine scholars from the applicants.

Category A wait time is within 4 weeks while B is over 1 year and 6 months. It doesn't make sense. It is better they scrap the Category B thing and make it known that you can only study in Germany if you meet the requirements in Category A instead of frustrating the dreams and aspiration of genuine people. but they wouldn't do that as that would expose them.

We all know that in a decent country they will not be doing this. Our government is lackadaisical about issues like this and that is why we have to so something about it by letting the whole world know how Germany treats Nigerian students.

If we don't put an end to this, everyone that comes after us will have to go through the same treatment or even worse.

Collectively if we put sufficient effort with the right resources, we can put this issue in front of the whole world and get a good reaction from the German embassy without risking our chances of going to Germany. The way I see it, it's a win-win situation for us.

I'd like to hear you guys opinion about this so we can get into discussions about the plan and execution.

It's their country there's little you can do about it.

There are quality private university in Nigeria.

And eastern Europe.

There's little you can do about their decisions.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by BoluMoboluwarin: 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2023
GOOD EVENING ALL.

PLEASE I AM A PROSPECTIVE STUDENT THAT WHAT TO STUDY IN GERMANY.

I HAVE MY ADDMISSION AND A VALID VISA DATE FOR APPOINTMENT IN THE EMBASSY IN LAGOS BUT I DO NOT HAVE A SPONSORSHIP LETTER.

I AM SERIOUSLY DEPRESSED AND AT THIS POINT I AM CONFUSE.

PLEASE BY GOD IF YOU CAN SUPPORT ME WITH SPONSORSHIP LETTER I WILL BE GRATEFUL TO GOD AND YOU FOR TURNING THIS JOURNEY AROUND FOR ME.

I HAVE BEEN ON THE JOURNEY FOR OVER 3 YEARS NOW.

PLEASE HELP ME. PLEASE HELP
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by User321: 11:06pm On Aug 05, 2023
Gopro:

I truly understand ur point we are all waiting as well but the thing is ,it's their country and their law,they owe us nothing,neither are they our government and they are also entitled to the decide who and amount of pple dey want in their country. There's little you can do change to change their law.not to talk of some Nigerians who go there to spoil things and commit crime,then ruin the opportunities for actual genuine students

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bethxxie: 12:04am On Aug 06, 2023
ehiremen2002:

Are they here, would be nice to get comment that would help alot of other people. Note my case is a bit different, as I am not applying from Nigeria.

I am already in Finland and planning to use sponsor instead of block statement.

That's even a lot better. You don't need to struggle for visa appointment date.

Generally, you will still follow the same steps as someone that is in Nigeria. The only major difference is that you're already in Finland.

I still suggest you email them, you could post their response or something. But, they are really good.

Just know that you'll still follow the same steps as someone in Nigeria would
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bethxxie: 12:05am On Aug 06, 2023
🙂

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (712) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.