Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria (74754 Views)

Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria / 5 Best Mobile Phones To Present To Your Girlfriend / Best Flagship Phones To Expect Before The End Of 2018 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by PerfectJUSTICE: 11:19am On Jan 09, 2020
Nigeria has a lot of Nigerians in it. So many (179 million) that if you took half of them out of the country, Nigeria would still have the highest population of any African country.
The Nigerian phone market in recent times has become saturated with fake phones and many unsuspecting buyers have been scammed into buying fake phones for the price of an original one. Fake phones especially Android phones have become so rampant that one wonders if phone dealers are deliberately taking advantage of their customers.

I noticed that most of the fake phones in the market are the so called ‘UK or London Used Phones’ and fairly used phones, there are also fake new phones but they don’t seem to be as many as the used phones.

Most of these fake phones match the original phones almost exactly in design and since most phone buyers are not tech savvy, they are very easily deceived. Many people do not know they bought a fake phone until after a while when they probably meet someone with the original version of the phone and find huge differences between their phone and the original. Even small phones popularly called ‘Torchlight phones’.
Before you hurriedly buy or upgrade to a new phone, here are some things to consider:

By Ayodele Efunla

Buying phones from roadside sellers or unauthorised outlets goes with a lot of risks as experiences of many patrons of such unregistered dealers have confirmed.

Complaints of overheating, battery malfunctioning and many more are on the increase. Some, including very expensive smartphones, break down irretrievably almost immediately after purchase.

Therefore, before you buy phone, here are some things to consider:

1. Don’t buy phones which parts are not readily available in Nigeria.

2. Avoid buying used or second-hand smartphones either from the roadside or from an unregistered outlet. Failure to exercise this caution may lead to regret. You may also be unknowingly buying a stolen phone. Buying a new smartphone will ensure that you know the phone’s history and it comes with a battery that has long lifespan.

3. Don’t buy a phone you cannot afford its parts in case you want to repair. Don’t let competition or peer pressure push you. Live within the boundary of your income .

4. Don’t rush to buy a newly introduced phone. If you wait for a few months, you would discover that the price will crash.

5. Avoid phones that are not designed for the Nigerian weather.

6. Phones which the operating system will no longer be supported in 2020, such as Blackberry phones, iPhone running iOS 8 or older ones, should be avoided.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/01/08/phones-to-avoid-if-you-live-in-nigeria/amp/

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by ourema(f): 1:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
Very informative. Thank you for the information

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by lilybonny(f): 2:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
True talk OP

1 Like

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by aezenkwu(m): 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nice one...
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by lebron7(m): 3:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
Don't mind the o.p ohh
Avoid infinix, Tecno and itel

236 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Michealvegas: 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
lebron7:
Don't mind the o.p ohh
y u go straight to d point gringringringrin

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by horlahwaley(m): 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
lebron7:
Don't mind the o.p ohh
you speak my mind grin grin

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by theNOISEmaker: 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
lebron7:
Don't mind the o.p ohh
na wetin i bin dey expect say the op go talk o grin

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by FromZeroToHero(m): 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
3. Don’t buy a phone you cannot afford its parts in case you want to repair, don’t let competition or peer pressure push you. stay within your income boundaries.

story for the gods. So because the screen of Samsung Galaxy is costly I should leave it and buy itel.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by jossy1luv(f): 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
No. 3 Is the reason I stopped using Samsung phones

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Goodgod213: 5:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
If you have iPhone XR for sale and ready to swap for iPhone 7 clean one with cash quote me.

Everything about my iPhone is working perfectly. Touch pad and all.
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by DEHVEHLOP(m): 5:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
Avoid all Aba made Android phones...

Igbo ladies are desperate

2 Likes

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Cuteamigo1(m): 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
Rocking my Sony Xperia. Turn heads everywhere I go

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Hakeymco(m): 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
lebron7:
Don't mind the o.p ohh
Correct Niggar

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by mu2sa2: 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
jossy1luv:
No. 3 Is the reason I stopped using Samsung phones
Samsung phones mostly come with amoled screen. For unmatchable picture quality, nothing compares to amoled screen - and that is one of the selling points of Samsung phones. Discernible fellows would rather go for quality than opt for the mediocre because of low price.

19 Likes

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by nathawoniyi(m): 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
Go for Nokia

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by yrex01(m): 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
lebron7:
Don't mind the o.p ohh
been using my hot4 for d past 2 years now n still working perfectly without any ish. aso nla koni eniyan nla.

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Passionate888: 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ok o
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Teewhy2: 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
Many people buy phone in Nigeria because of sentiments, maybe because a friend is using it or because it is expensive and you can use it to brag among friends.
many people hardly use 60% of their phone functions before changing it.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by cole19(m): 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
Btw...somebody should please tell @iamstrange that imes has arived..i saw him at orile cheesy

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by IMASTEX: 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
Okay
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by fineboynl(m): 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2020
grin Chinese used phones Are all fake and clones. The seller might lie it's UK used.

4 Likes

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Nnemuka(f): 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2020
Will inform the buyer, never used my money to buy expensive phones.

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by KmniAutos(m): 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2020
God bless you Op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Simplebeauty: 5:57pm On Jan 09, 2020
grin
Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Pedrotina11: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
True ooo....remember when my iPhone x screen break I say make I go repair am, they tell me 95k I say shoo, I Neva buy s8 plus wit dat amount...oboy I manage the phone wit the crack screen like dat.....true talk op...don't buy fones with expensive parts....but u can still buy it ur choice.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by incogni2o: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
If you are the one who stole my LGV20.

Nemesis is coming for you

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
Don't buy iPhone 11pro if you never pay rent

19 Likes

Re: Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria by sameasy4real(m): 5:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
Thanks for this useful info

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Free Credit Cheat: How To Get N3869.60 Airtime On Airtel / The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM / How To Clone Any Whatsapp Account To Another Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.