Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? (24407 Views)

Some Places With Stable Electricity In Nigeria - AfricaFactsZone / As Nigerians,are We Ever Going To witness Stable Electricity In Our Lifetime? / Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Preetychina22(m): 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
PattyMike:

Can we pay e.g 10k monthly for stable power. We are saying overseas there's light but for example in USA they'll pay as much $109 monthly as light bills. Water sef they pay monthly, internet dey pay monthly, heating in the house they pay monthly for it, calling and recieving phone calls they pay monthly about $40-$100 depending on the network carrier. Once again my question is, are we willing to pay for steady power supply?
It doesn't have to be up to $100 monthly for electricity. Other African countries that have steady electricity pay way less, hardly above $30 monthly.
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Maximar: 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
Forget it.

Make I run go create my own hydro (water) generator
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by DexterousOne(m): 7:59pm On Jan 10, 2020
Litmus:
Ironically, the future of power supply worldwide may be as it is now in Nigeria, which is in self-sufficiency instead of national provisions. I mean individuals, communities, estates and cooperatives supplying power to their own homes outside of any national grid architecture. Perhaps if Nigerians began embracing what most do now, such as powering their own homes, but looking to modern, better and more efficient generators, technology, alternatives like solar and windmills, cooperating in the neighbourhood to buy larger generators to power all homes along their street etc, government and power companies would sit up and start trying to win back public confidence by providing the regular and constant power that they fail now in doing.

I hope You know that it's currently illegal to just come up and be a power provider

That is why I think sometimes
That this issue is intentional

1 Like

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Longman180(m): 8:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
dawnomike:
I really want to believe we can... But i doubt it
yes we can,wit time dis country side will be great
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Mouthgag: 8:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
DaRuud:

What about the present 40-45 .

The likes of Yahaya Bello and Slapping Senator

They obviously learned from their useless father and uncles...
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by theNOISEmaker: 8:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
Rapmoney:
The question should be 'Will my great grandchildren ever experience stable power supply in their lifetime?'
mad oo grin
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Softenergy(m): 8:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
dober:

But the questions is: can it carry heavy appliances
0.5kva to 1.8mw are achievable.
State your needs NOT your wants, your bank balance will offer the solution.
There are solar 100% off grid air conditioner, 100% off grid fridge and freezer, solar cooker, solar electric iron etc
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by EcoBrick: 8:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
Bump.
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by EcoBrick: 8:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
murmee:
At what price? Can the majority of Nigerians afford it!

Well, I think that considering the insane amount of money that Nigerians already spend on running/fueling/maintening their generators, they just might be able to afford it after all. undecided
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by bizhop01: 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2020
Is impossible because Satan the King of darkness is the ruler of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by oloyede90(m): 8:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
We can!!! Let me give you an instance. January 1st 2020, we were given 27 hours uninterrupted power supply. And nothing happened to their facilities and installations. After the new year celebration they returned back to their normal habits. Na we dey wicked ourselves. Its highly political
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Amudeneogu: 8:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
If we (Nigerians) decide. Every power is in our hands
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by kayjay69(m): 8:45pm On Jan 10, 2020
I love this question.

The simple answer is No.

The complex answer is...No.

Now go get your inverter and solar panels and live your life abeg
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by subcbouy: 8:53pm On Jan 10, 2020
I enjoy steady supply of electricity in my area
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by cooltola(m): 9:02pm On Jan 10, 2020
well what do you expect with a Nigerian? common you make N1000 pass your neighbor and see the jealousy that you begin to wonder if it is a crime to be a successful. Nigerians are our own worst enemy, the more you move the ladder , the more people get envious and look for a way to sabotage you. The Cabals do not want constant light so that is why there will never be constant light. When I cannot wait for these generation of 55 to 85 years old to leave this planet , maybe then with a very low chance that can things improve. I said very low chance hoping that these cabal children are too clueless and too spoilt that they do not know what to do.

1 Like

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Joguns(m): 9:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
Unless you dissolve the Federal system and embrace true Federalism and autonomy for the component States. The way it is now, concentrating power at the Centre, with a unique Nigerian Federal system that looks so juicy to so many sections of the country, it will be difficult to lift the country to the heights it should be. No FG can be in charge of NPA, Nigeria Ports Authority, NAA, Nigerian Airports Authority, TCN, Transmission Corporation of Nigeria, etc and you expect it to perform. Remember Ajaokuta Steel Complex, Nigeria Airways etc. It's too messy for a Central to try to be in charge of everything.
Besides, that collective will to develop this country is just missing.

1 Like

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by szkz(m): 9:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
As I de read the post, Dem just carry light, it is well ooh, OP, na your fault, make I go find canlde sef
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by chubinwa(m): 9:15pm On Jan 10, 2020
Well am currently enjoying stable power supply here in Osun state.
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by darrellg9: 9:15pm On Jan 10, 2020
NEPA just take light here now!!
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Youthleader22(m): 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
post=85677909:
Same Electricity that 16 BILLION DOLLARS was spent on by a former past president.

It is a shame!

And in saner climes many people grow up never witnessing what power failure is all their lives.
They only see it on TV'S!

We only pray we get there soon as a nation.
Destroyed Foundation!

You've said it all.
That is the situation we find ourselves as a nation.
Terrible.

Really?!
Check below....

Now that it’s placed in the hands of your oga Buhari after 5years nothing to show for it. But he can never be blamed because the past government couldn’t give us stable power. Now I’m totally sure the likes of you are paid to support Buhari on social media
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by jaxxy(m): 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
dawnomike:
I really want to believe we can... But i doubt it

It’s not rocket science we are just not serious and we have allowed the alternative power generation cabals to have a filled day leaving our power infrastructure underdeveloped for so long.

So like I said when we are serious about it we can get it done quite easily with the right collaborations.
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Chuksmonika(m): 9:18pm On Jan 10, 2020
laliga01:

You fcckin smart.
You just provided a lasting solution that will be effective in the next 10yrs if implemented judiciously.
Will the power above allow it? Thats another question of the day.
that is what am saying bro,the cabals wont allow it,is not like they dont do the right thing to do,they know...But wickedness and corruption wont let them....But Nigerians will keep on talking,until one day,Little by Little,our voices will be heard

1 Like

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Youthleader22(m): 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
EcoBrick:
Yes. Presently there are parts of Magodo and Omole phase 1 in Lagos that enjoy uninterrupted electricity. Though their electricity supply arrangement is different from the rest of us'.

Instead of the crazy federal government sharing light for the whole 36states while not leave power generation to state governors? Nigeria system of government is the most useless in the whole world
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by IamCookie(f): 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
GamalNasser:
You keep voting idiots like Buhari and then come back to start asking useless questions ..OP don't Provoke me

So, if your Almighty Atiku had been voted to power, then there won't be any questions to ask? Mscheww!

1 Like

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by chibjohn(m): 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2020
thoollz:
Everyone is mentioning state, giving the state the strength to generate their power. Let's look at it from the angle of another infrastructure (roads), are u telling me all the roads in Kwara state are motorable? Or the universities in your state are well funded by the state government? See, if they give states the power to generate their electricity, the governors will embezzle and leave it for another who may take take it up from where his predecessor stopped.
Lol. Only few States in Nigeria have the financial capacity to build power infrastructure that will result in uninterrupted power supply.
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Ahasco(m): 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2020
I won't lie to you. Here in my location I enjoy 24hrs uninterrupted power supply. So my dear, though there might be many places where you have insufficient power but here I can bare witness to stable power
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by opico24: 9:52pm On Jan 10, 2020
if there is electricity .. please who will buy petrol ... dangote builts refinery and odetola move to solar stuff.. please who will buy there product if there is light
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 10, 2020
As long as a Fulani caliphate still handles the case of that British company , that British zoo in Africa the zoo will remain like that . One is that's is in the interest of the British another is a Fulani man can't run a government Fulani are not compatible with development or mordenity . Show me any Fulani Laurent any where in the world or a Fulani doctor any where in the world. They are only meant to live in bushes and stay with their cows . Please go check their history
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by joinnow: 10:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
ALAGOGO007:
For many years now, Nigeria has been facing an extreme electricity shortage. This deficiency is multi-faceted, with causes that are financial, structural, and sociopolitical, none of which are mutually exclusive. Nigeria’s power sector has high energy losses from generation to billing, a low collection rate and low access to electricity by the population. There is insufficient cash generation because of these inefficiencies and the power sector is consequently reliant on fuel subsidies and funding of capital projects by the government.

At present only 10 % of rural households and 40% of the country’s total population have access to electricity. Power supply difficulties cripple the agricultural, industrial and mining sectors and impede the Nigeria's ongoing economic development. The energy supply crisis is complex, stems from a variety of issues and has been ongoing for decades.

As of December 2013, the total installed or nameplate capacity (maximum capacity) of the power plants was 6,953 MW. Available capacity was 4,598 MW. Actual average generation was 3,800 MW. As of December 2014, the total installed capacity of the power plants was 7,445 MW.

The minister for power Babatunde Fashola said that 90 million Nigerians lack electricity supply. This is an indictment of the government and a clarion call on that same government as well as other stakeholders to do something urgently about the wobbling electricity supply situation in the country. Every year, the Nigerian government invest huge amout of money in the power sector with no positive impact, something seems not right!

The big question is, are we going to witness a stable power supply in our lifetime , will it ever happen?

nope
we need a fresh start

Re: USA Threaten To Attack Nigeria by CyberEBOLA(m): 9:19pm
THEY SHOULD BOMB EVERYBODY, THE SHITHOLE NEEDS A FRESH START.
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Breezysdesign: 10:35pm On Jan 10, 2020
Nigeria cannot have constant power supply, when atiku is into generator importation, a presidential aspirant, supposing he won would you think he would even think about that sector, him go get minister on generator
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:47pm On Jan 10, 2020
Impossible
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by almasterpiece(m): 10:53pm On Jan 10, 2020
ALAGOGO007:
For many years now, Nigeria has been facing an extreme electricity shortage. This deficiency is multi-faceted, with causes that are financial, structural, and sociopolitical, none of which are mutually exclusive. Nigeria’s power sector has high energy losses from generation to billing, a low collection rate and low access to electricity by the population. There is insufficient cash generation because of these inefficiencies and the power sector is consequently reliant on fuel subsidies and funding of capital projects by the government.

At present only 10 % of rural households and 40% of the country’s total population have access to electricity. Power supply difficulties cripple the agricultural, industrial and mining sectors and impede the Nigeria's ongoing economic development. The energy supply crisis is complex, stems from a variety of issues and has been ongoing for decades.

As of December 2013, the total installed or nameplate capacity (maximum capacity) of the power plants was 6,953 MW. Available capacity was 4,598 MW. Actual average generation was 3,800 MW. As of December 2014, the total installed capacity of the power plants was 7,445 MW.

The minister for power Babatunde Fashola said that 90 million Nigerians lack electricity supply. This is an indictment of the government and a clarion call on that same government as well as other stakeholders to do something urgently about the wobbling electricity supply situation in the country. Every year, the Nigerian government invest huge amout of money in the power sector with no positive impact, something seems not right!

The big question is, are we going to witness a stable power supply in our lifetime , will it ever happen?

Where reasoning stops faith continues. So, in reasoning No, faith yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Xerona Donald Duke Playing Guitar (Photo) / 3000 People Defect To APC In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Halilu Shaba: Nigeria's Satellite Has Expired Now Functioning On GRACE- DG NASRA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.