Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? (24480 Views)

Some Places With Stable Electricity In Nigeria - AfricaFactsZone / As Nigerians,are We Ever Going To witness Stable Electricity In Our Lifetime? / Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
When Fashola and the current minister for power said there Is a serious Cabal In the power sector that doesn't want nigerian's to enjoy light or Nigeria to ever progress it was like a joke to some people.
The only way for this to work is for each state to generate their own individual power supply and supply meters to the populace ntori olorun. Bleep all this national grid thing it has never helped us before and neither is it going to help us now. And also this rubbish estimated billing has to stop. Go to other countries and see how power Is being usefully managed you will curse nigeria walahi..

1 Like

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2020
OP: Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time

Abujians: What does light-out looks like
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by DMerciful(m): 4:52pm On Jan 10, 2020
Who voted for Bubu in the 2019 election despite his monumental failures? The useless and lazy YOUTHS!
Mouthgag:
More than 100 billion dollars since 1960

It won't be well with generation of 55 to 85 years... THEY MESSED UP EVERYTHING FOR US.

USELESS LEADERS
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by tungamaje: 4:52pm On Jan 10, 2020
PattyMike:

Can we pay e.g 10k monthly for stable power. We are saying overseas there's light but for example in USA they'll pay as much $109 monthly as light bills. Water sef they pay monthly, internet dey pay monthly, heating in the house they pay monthly for it, calling and recieving phone calls they pay monthly about $40-$100 depending on the network carrier. Once again my question is, are we willing to pay for steady power supply?

We are ready to pay if they supply us with prepaid meters. This way you'll be paying for what you used. Let the power be stable and Nigerians would pay any amount. Not when they sit in their office and give us estimate bills of 20k monthly when they didn't supply light. Who would agree to pay?

2 Likes

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by okeke6969: 4:52pm On Jan 10, 2020
According to that boy, Imeis will bring along electricity when coming. Everybody should relax.
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by nextstep(m): 4:53pm On Jan 10, 2020
Litmus:
Ironically, the future of power supply worldwide may be as it is now in Nigeria, which is in self-sufficiency instead of national provisions. I mean individuals, communities, estates and cooperatives supplying power to their own homes outside of any national grid architecture. Perhaps if Nigerians began embracing what most do now, such as powering their own homes, but looking to modern, better and more efficient generators, technology, alternatives like solar and windmills, cooperating in the neighbourhood to buy larger generators to power all homes along their street etc, government and power companies would sit up and start trying to win back public confidence by providing the regular and constant power that they fail now in doing.

In the same way government won back public confidence with potable water, sewer, and trash services abi? Truth is we are OYO. The moment solar homes + electric cars are a viable (not so expensive) alternative, we won't need to worry about relying on government for light and petrol. Coupled with the fact that we provide pretty much every other service ourselves, we can just go ahead and dissolve government.

1 Like

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Winchman: 4:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
crestdevelopers:
abeg how much be house rent for that side and which side be that..?
Well, Pearl Garden, Paradise, Centenary and Queen's Park estates just off G.U Ake Rd all have nearly 24hrs power supply. Rent in those areas aren't as expensive as Ajah in Lagos. You can get a decent 2 bedroom flat in those places for about 500k and slightly higher. I know folks who pay 300k for such apartments but they are residents who moved in when there wasn't even electricity in those places.
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by K4daniel: 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
Until the cabals are gone...forgerrrit
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by sulaak(m): 5:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
MelloJelly:
generator comapnies wont allow it

Who supply the generators with diesel oils?

Why are the refineries that can supply diesel not working?

Who is the Federal Minister of Petroleum?

Who benefits from distributing and marketing imported refined kerosene and diesel?

If you know the answers to the above questions you will identify why Nigeria can never have stable electricity distribution.

1 Like

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by acorntree(m): 5:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
PattyMike:

Can we pay e.g 10k monthly for stable power. We are saying overseas there's light but for example in USA they'll pay as much $109 monthly as light bills. Water sef they pay monthly, internet dey pay monthly, heating in the house they pay monthly for it, calling and recieving phone calls they pay monthly about $40-$100 depending on the network carrier. Once again my question is, are we willing to pay for steady power supply?

But are we not paying for our phone bills?Provide electricity first and see if people will not pay for it. We are who we are because our government don't care about us!!!

3 Likes

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by AuroraB(f): 5:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
EcoBrick:
Yes. Presently there are parts of Magodo and Omole phase 1 in Lagos that enjoy uninterrupted electricity. Though their electricity supply arrangement is different from the rest of us'.
Senseless contribution undecided lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by AuwalYusuf812(m): 5:02pm On Jan 10, 2020
That can never happen
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by thoollz: 5:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
Everyone is mentioning state, giving the state the strength to generate their power. Let's look at it from the angle of another infrastructure (roads), are u telling me all the roads in Kwara state are motorable? Or the universities in your state are well funded by the state government? See, if they give states the power to generate their electricity, the governors will embezzle and leave it for another who may take take it up from where his predecessor stopped.

1 Like

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by samdigo90: 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
If we keep voting APC and PDP then hell NO
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by zeestone99(m): 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
ALAGOGO007:
For many years now, Nigeria has been facing an extreme electricity shortage. This deficiency is multi-faceted, with causes that are financial, structural, and sociopolitical, none of which are mutually exclusive. Nigeria’s power sector has high energy losses from generation to billing, a low collection rate and low access to electricity by the population. There is insufficient cash generation because of these inefficiencies and the power sector is consequently reliant on fuel subsidies and funding of capital projects by the government.

At present only 10 % of rural households and 40% of the country’s total population have access to electricity. Power supply difficulties cripple the agricultural, industrial and mining sectors and impede the Nigeria's ongoing economic development. The energy supply crisis is complex, stems from a variety of issues and has been ongoing for decades.

As of December 2013, the total installed or nameplate capacity (maximum capacity) of the power plants was 6,953 MW. Available capacity was 4,598 MW. Actual average generation was 3,800 MW. As of December 2014, the total installed capacity of the power plants was 7,445 MW.

The minister for power Babatunde Fashola said that 90 million Nigerians lack electricity supply. This is an indictment of the government and a clarion call on that same government as well as other stakeholders to do something urgently about the wobbling electricity supply situation in the country. Every year, the Nigerian government invest huge amout of money in the power sector with no positive impact, something seems not right!

The big question is, are we going to witness a stable power supply in our lifetime , will it ever happen?

Yes we can. Contact me and go solar. Check signature for contact details
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by LZAA: 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
you're living in a bush.
my brother stop wailing like a jobless Ipob and go hustle.
I'm living in the Urban city and light is 24 hours and if PHCN takes it off they'll restore it back after 20 minutes

you dey mind that dude wey dey live for inside bush

1 Like

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by adrusa: 5:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
No, as long as we expect government to provide us with electricity almost for free.
Yes, if and when we start paying commercial rates for electricity and private companies start building power stations.

2 Likes

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by adeoba2008(m): 5:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
I was enjoying constant power supply in my area in ibadan . I returned to Lagos yesterday and light is no where to be found.

The issue of constant electricity is relative .

Ng to koju semi man, eyin lo ko selomi bi ilu gangan

1 Like

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by ThugBoy(m): 5:08pm On Jan 10, 2020
buhari say we go get constant light if vote in uptil now nothing changes
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by sulaak(m): 5:08pm On Jan 10, 2020
webshopNG:
Some places already have it. You jist need to grow to that level.

For the common man. It wont happen anyyime soon. But the common man can create his own solar power. Just like we all dug boreholes and forgot about the Nigerian water corporation.

The boreholes are the reason why Lagos is sinking. There are no shortcut to development.

1 Like

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Okemmuo1: 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
For where
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by chegbe1104: 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
Mouthgag:
More than 100 billion dollars since 1960

It won't be well with generation of 55 to 85 years... THEY MESSED UP EVERYTHING FOR US.

USELESS LEADERS

It's very easy for a lazy person to blame his dad for not having money. The same way you are cursing people older than you, do you know that that is the same way the younger ones than you will be cursing you? The question is what have you done for your self and your local community since you were born?

1 Like

Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by gnykelly(m): 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
you need to understand the underlying influence of different interplay on power in Nigeria...

the political influence is geared by tribal mindset

which will invalidate any logical solution anybody propose...
the solution are simple... but I don't want to discuss that here.
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by chriskosherbal(m): 5:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
alexola20:
Few days before Christmas I went to visit a friend in a remote village in Poland.There was an accident that occurred which tripped off the electricity in the house.And then we went out almost immediately. Within 10 minutes it was 1st the internet company that called my friend that his home internet has stopped working and that if there was a problem with the electricity,that they can call the electricity company for us if we have any problem.
That is a working system.

Mind you it was on a weekend.

Thank you my bro I just wonder how some people reason, simply because he claimed the OP is not staying in a high cost living area therefore he shouldn't be entitled to 24hrs light, can u imagine how an adult is reasoning . some folks just talk without reasoning or should I say is wickedness. He just want to make the OP feel less human cos of cash what nonsense!!!.
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Tulsaguy: 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
BabaOwen:
This country is so messed up. How do we Nigerians really expect our country to grow I look at our budget, convert am to dollar, I was shocked when I saw how much it was in dollars, e small die.

Just imagine say babaginda or abacha don solve light matter, or if OBJ or GEJ had solved it, Buhari for face other things. But, as Nigeria dey now eh, every sector is messed up and we no com get money.

You don't mean it. Just converted Nigeria 2020 budget of N10. 33trn naira to Dollar. It gives just $33bn. While New York budget for 2019 was $175bn.

Na waoh... even at that. This $33bn should impact people. But na lie...
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by bejick(m): 5:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
BabaOwen:
This country is so messed up. How do we Nigerians really expect our country to grow I look at our budget, convert am to dollar, I was shocked when I saw how much it was in dollars, e small die.

Just imagine say babaginda or abacha don solve light matter, or if OBJ or GEJ had solved it, Buhari for face other things. But, as Nigeria dey now eh, every sector is messed up and we no com get money.
Then the go slow man should take one thing and do it well. Imagine say for his four year he have been able to fix power. But no just nothing to point as achievement.
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Didi2d(m): 5:25pm On Jan 10, 2020
This question is so serious and important, I have thought of it several times cos I doubt it
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Mouthgag: 5:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
chegbe1104:

It's very easy for a lazy person to blame his dad for not having money. The same way you are cursing people older than you, do you know that that is the same way the younger ones than you will be cursing you? The question is what have you done for your self and your local community since you were born?
How old is your father? Let him answer that question first...
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by mechanics(m): 5:28pm On Jan 10, 2020
Don't forget that some places in Nigeria have constant power supply, I know of Jos, Katsina, Dutse and Minna.
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by SpeciallyUnique(m): 5:28pm On Jan 10, 2020
Laughing in Ghanaian Language... hwahwahwahwahuuuhaaaaa grin cheesy cool cool cool
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by KillamanJoe: 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
No.
Re: As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? by Serveyouright(m): 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
PattyMike:

The question is, are we willing to pay for stable electricity?
[color=#990000][/color]

Who told you Nigerian can't pay for stable electricity if supplied. Do you Know how much we spend for calls and internet platform every month?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

True Meaning Of Nigeria Coat Of Arms Reveal / Miyetti Allah Slams Fulani Lawmakers For Failing To Protect Herdsmen.. / Result Of APC Governorship Primary In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.