Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,580 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria (36038 Views)

Ways To Legally Relocate Abroad From Nigeria / COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 / David And Chioma: Two Nairalanders Get Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by bluefilm: 1:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
cerpvad:
Your problem is that you don't know the difference between companionship in marriage and ordinary friendship. As you are growing, many of the friends you keep today will be dropping because of change of interests,locations etc, Many will desert you because they find new interests e. g they no longer belief in things you share together, while many will leave you because of change of location. If you look back to 20years ago, can you say all of the friends back then still remain with you today? The same thing will happen when in your 60s, 70s 80s, not all the friends you frolick with today will be there by your old age. You may claim you will make new friends but it can never be the same like someone who has known you all your life. And that someone is the WIFE OF YOUR YOUTH. Better stop being lazy and go out there and find her now that you are still young.

Oga, the question is how many friends are we even talking about here?

My kind of person, one or two tested and trusted friends is more than enough for me.

Make women carry dia wahala dey go abeg.
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by Reelmii: 1:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
MoonandStar:

He can't divorce her because she doesn't deserve it, so what are saying is that the court can only know that he's legally married if someone report him or the first woman sue him? I was thinking they have a records that will reveal that to them instantly.

Thanks so much for your quick response
they have records too, and i dont think the man can have two marriage certificate in his name when he has not nullified one
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by DavidEsq(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2020
Reelmii:
so someone that knows that u have been married before can see ur picture and he/she can report u to the authority
Newspaper publications have archives. Marriage Registries have records of marriages. If u can find out the places the person has lived, no matter how short the period of his residence in that area, u can visit the marriage registries located in those places and find out from them. However, these things aren't supposed to be so. The ministry of interior should a unified record of statutory marriages done Nationwide, from which records, a person intending to marry may apply to view, to find out if the person he/she wants to marry is already married or was formerly marriage. This expertise is unknown to those Zombies whose sense of direction is not longer than their greedy noses. Making such a record would have been an opportunity for the minister to make money, because a budget on this has to be raised. Then applicants who want to check their records get to pay application fees and are also issued with certificates of their findings. All these would take in money for the ministry on a coded level. But dem no sabi find coded money.
There is this divorce case I did for a prison officer who was married to a soldier. The woman didn't know that the soldier was earlier married and even had HIV. Dude didn't tell her sh1t. It was the 1st wife who say her post on Facebook that told her the dude was married to her. Both marriages we're court marriages. Now the soldier is liable to imprisonment of 7 years (bigamy) and the marriage is null and void from the start die to the existence of the earlier marriage. U can imagine what the lady would have been saved from if such unified records of marriages exists in an easily accessible form.
Another voiding factor is the fact that the soldier has a communicable disease which he hid from her. A marriage partner who has a communicable sexual disease cannot make a valid marriage, where he/she does not disclose the disease to the partner before the marriage.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by MoonandStar: 1:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by Reelmii: 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2020
MoonandStar:

He can't divorce her because she doesn't deserve it, so what are saying is that the court can only know that he's legally married if someone report him or the first woman sue him? I was thinking they have a records that will reveal that to them instantly.

they have records too, and i dont think the man can have two marriage certificate in his name when he has not nullified one and u can as well continue with the marriage but i pray u dont have issues with documentations in future, then u will start blaming ur self. especially since he married a foreigner, u dont know the documents they already have at the embassy, not wen u want to travel out they will tell u at the embassy that the man u claim to be ur husband is married to someone else, how will u explain that they are no longer married wen u dont have a document to back up their divorce,,, please be wise, don't let love blind u from doing the right thing

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by bluefilm: 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2020
Reelmii:
and u think they will be the once to bury u wen u die.... or u think they will not prefer to spent time wirh their children and grandchildren,, u better change ir mindset...u are to young to think like this

What's my business with the living when I'm dead?

If those around me like make dem no bury me when I'm dead.

Na the stench of my decaying carcass alone go reset their brains one time!

Besides, in the world today, I believe that hiring people who will bury me when I'm gone, is never ever going to be a problem.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by Reelmii: 1:52pm On Jan 10, 2020
MoonandStar:

they have records too, and i dont think the man can have two marriage certificate in his name when he has not nullified one and u can as well continue with the marriage but i pray u dont have issues with documentations in future, then u will start blaming ur self. especially since he married a foreigner, u dont know the documents they already have at the embassy, not wen u want to travel out they will tell u at the embassy that the man u claim to be ur husband is married to someone else, how will u explain that they are no longer married wen u dont have a document to back up their divorce,,, please be wise, don't let love blind u from doing the right thing,, how do u mean she does not deserve divorce, if the marriage is not working anymore why wont it deserv divorce

1 Like

Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by DavidEsq(m): 2:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
MoonandStar:

Don't try it,run for your dear life please
Most big and old churches are certified by the ministry of interior to conduct marriages. Such marriages are very valid, 101%.
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by DavidEsq(m): 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
bluefilm:

What's my business with the living when I'm dead?

If those around me like make dem no bury me when I'm dead.

Na the stench of my decaying carcass go reset their brains.

Besides, in the world today, I believe that hiring people who will bury me when I'm gone, is never ever going to be a problem.
No need for all these. Just get a good lawyer and and make a will
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by MoonandStar: 2:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by MoonandStar: 2:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
DavidEsq:

Most big and old churches are certified by the ministry of interior to conduct marriages. Such marriages are very valid, 101%.

When someone is not their member nko, one can't just walked in there na for marriage na.
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by Airforce1(m): 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2020
Jestin:
Illegal cohabitating and baby mama saga is the order of the day. For more information, contact Airforce1

Mtchew grin
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by MoonandStar: 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by kingsleyjade(m): 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2020
Who do you bro
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by Reelmii: 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
MoonandStar:

because my husband is the one that is being selfish here not her and he's not willing to let go of any of us. So what do you suggest I should do please because as for me I'm please with baby mama but he's not. The only thing I'm scared of is him not impregnanting another woman here in Nigeria.
in my opinion u should have left him and look for someone else who will genuinely love u,, do u prefer to be with a man that is selfish?? dont u think u deserve better.. because there is no assurance that he will not see another girl after u and also desire her, he knows he cant marry 2 wives without divorcing one and he is not ready to be be a baby daddy, he is not ready to leave his wife to be with u, i just feel deserve someone better, if u were my sister i will not allow u marry such a man.....l know of many Nigerian men here in America that are sitting on hot seats because of things like this....
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by kingsleyjade(m): 2:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
herzernIsHere:
Marriage, the scam institution people venture into so :

they don't get bored at old age

they get constant sex

they get someone to cook and wash

The reason married men and women go about chanting on all social media platforms about their wonderful marriage and how bachelors/spinsters are missing out is because misery loves company. grin grin

Believe them at your own peril.
You no like woman?
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by MoonandStar: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by Reelmii: 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2020
MoonandStar:

None of my family is aware of this but his family is aware and they all supported him because he's the only son and with his two sisters.

Please kindly tell me few things about their experience because I only want the best for himeri
there ia guy i know very well, he married and older woman here in America so that he can have his papers, they did the court wedding in Nigeria, he has been here for 3yrs, and they have a child but the woman is really takin care of the guy oo, but the guy wanted to sho that he is smart, he visited Nigeria and his family were pushing him to marry a younger lady. the plan was that he will the girl pregnant and she will be living with his family in nigeria while he will be abroad sending money....so he got a particular girl pregnant and they paid bride price because the girls parents were not awear the guy was married.. wen he came back to America he was living well with his wife, after one year, the white woman found about the whole thing.. she overheard the guys conversations on watssap call with the girl in Nigeria, to cut the story short,, the white woman the white woman reported him to the cops, now he is under 24hrs watch by tge police, all his account has been frozen he dear not step out of American, if not they will jail him and also deport him, he has not communicated with his family for 3yrs now, and they cant reach him,, he now lives like house boy, he does all tge house work, goes to market, cook, wash,etc....the woman just want to make his life miserable,, my dear there are so many of them like that, only God knows wen the guy's family will see him again,, so just think twice.... i dont even know how the girl will cope with the child
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by cerpvad(m): 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
@ the bolded statement shows you have given up on women. grin grin grin
Truly women could be very difficult to keep and manage but don't give up on your effort of finding the one that would be loyal to you till death do you part. She is out there. Go and look for her.
bluefilm:

Oga, the question is how many friends are we even talking about here?

My kind of person, one or two tested and trusted friends is more than enough for me.

Make women carry dia wahala dey go abeg.
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by MoonandStar: 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
Reelmii:
cry
Seen pls kindly delete this
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by petitejolie(f): 3:33pm On Jan 10, 2020
tydi:
cool

I'm opting for a white lady, I can't stand Nigerian women anymore with their entitlement mentality.
den u know nothing. They are worse wen it comes to entitlement even if u don’t marry dem as long as Dey Av kids for you. Ask all dose Nigerians that left their oyibo wives or girlfriends. Some are waiting for the right time to run away cos u need wisdom for that
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by cerpvad(m): 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2020
Sorry to hear this bruh. What is your experience? Can you share it here to enable us learn and avoid falling into the same trap in the future?
oodua1stson:
Who will make a post about getting a cheap divorce. I got married at ikoyi registry but the marriage is dead.
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by MoonandStar: 3:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by tydi(m): 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2020
petitejolie:
den u know nothing. They are worse wen it comes to entitlement even if u don’t marry dem as long as Dey Av kids for you. Ask all dose Nigerians that left their oyibo wives or girlfriends. Some are waiting for the right time to run away cos u need wisdom for that

You know nothing dear.. White women don't put their loving on a bargain scale, when they love, they do that for real.
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by bluefilm: 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
DavidEsq:

No need for all these. Just get a good lawyer and and make a will

Exactly
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by cerpvad(m): 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
If this na true story, then I pity the guy. grin grin I can imagine the pain he's passing through being treated like a house boy. And Its certain the white woman has no love for him anymore which could make her to be having sex with random guys and even invite them home.
Reelmii:
there ia guy i know very well, he married and older woman here in America so that he can have his papers, they did the court wedding in Nigeria, he has been here for 3yrs, and they have a child but the woman is really takin care of the guy oo, but the guy wanted to sho that he is smart, he visited Nigeria and his family were pushing him to marry a younger lady. the plan was that he will the girl pregnant and she will be living with his family in nigeria while he will be abroad sending money....so he got a particular girl pregnant and they paid bride price because the girls parents were not awear the guy was married.. wen he came back to America he was living well with his wife, after one year, the white woman found about the whole thing.. she overheard the guys conversations on watssap call with the girl in Nigeria, to cut the story short,, the white woman the white woman reported him to the cops, now he is under 24hrs watch by tge police, all his account has been frozen he dear not step out of American, if not they will jail him and also deport him, he has not communicated with his family for 3yrs now, and they cant reach him,, he now lives like house boy, he does all tge house work, goes to market, cook, wash,etc....the woman just want to make his life miserable,, my dear there are so many of them like that, only God knows wen the guy's family will see him again,, so just think twice.... i dont even know how the girl will cope with the child
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by Reelmii: 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
cerpvad:
If this na true story, then I pity the guy. grin grin I can imagine the pain he's passing through being treated like a house boy. And Its certain the white woman has no love for him anymore which could make her to be having sex with random guys and even invite them home.
any man wey no fear white woman, i no know wetin him fit fear again.... whis whites are crazy, the way they love is same way they hate,, once u betray the trust we dem get for where u dey, my dear u are finished,, i just dey pray make she no stab am one day
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by worworbabe: 4:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
herzernIsHere:
Marriage, the scam institution people venture into so :

they don't get bored at old age

they get constant sex

they get someone to cook and wash

The reason married men and women go about chanting on all social media platforms about their wonderful marriage and how bachelors/spinsters are missing out is because misery loves company. grin grin

Believe them at your own peril.

You raised valid points for marriage. Why would you not want any of the above. And what benefits in choosing to remain single supercede the above points.
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by cerpvad(m): 4:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
But wait ohhhh, instead of enslaving him, why can't she divorce him and kick his ass off?
Reelmii:
any man wey no fear white woman, i no know wetin him fit fear again.... whis whites are crazy, the way they love is same way they hate,, once u betray the trust we dem get for where u dey, my dear u are finished,, i just dey pray make she no stab am one day
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by Reelmii: 4:26pm On Jan 10, 2020
cerpvad:
But wait ohhhh, instead of enslaving him, why can't she divorce him and kick his ass off?
she wants to punish him first before kicking him out,, she want make the guy suffer small.... she knows wat she is doing
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by Reelmii: 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
cerpvad:
and the woman get good contacts here that can treat the guys Bleep up in a bad way,, so the guy is just enduring, he does not want to misbehave na yes ma him just dey do till God go deliver am,, as things dey now, nothing must happen to the woman and her child oo, them go pick the guy up straight abd she must not make any report or complain about him

so the guy is in a deep shitt
Re: How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria by cerpvad(m): 4:56pm On Jan 10, 2020
Damn! That is horrific. embarassed embarassed
Reelmii:
she wants to punish him first before kicking him out,, she want make the guy suffer small.... she knows wat she is doing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Siblings Who Died Of Food Poisoning In Anambra Buried Amidst Tears / Photos From Tunde Sabiu And Fatima's Wedding / Two Refugees Wed At Fufore IDP Camp, Adamawa State (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.