Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,354 members, 7,812,005 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy - Crime (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy (127820 Views)

Mother Beat Daughter Who Disappeared For Two Weeks During December Holiday(Video / Man Beat Daughter To Death For Using His Phone To Call Boyfriend (Photo) / Pius Nweke Arrested For Having Unlicensed Guns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
Kingspin:
Are you ok? Someone made a personal decision. The mature thing to do is to respect his opinion.
a personal decision made out of hatred for people of your kind is not worthy to be respected
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by steppin: 5:45pm On Jan 10, 2020
quirus:

Ask Rude Boy (P. Okoye) why im leave Amaka and marry a luscious afonja beauty, and still dey blow musically despite your hatred? Ask him.
Which Rudeboy are you talking about?
You mean the other wuss that married an evening newspaper?
That talentless foool na Peter, not Rudeboy.

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Emilokoiyawon: 5:45pm On Jan 10, 2020
Pour-Var-Tea. Meanwhile the rich marry the rich irrespective of tribe.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Saintfrancis82(m): 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2020
the story is too long to act Nigeria moving, it contend part 1 to part 4, I trusted Nigerian movies
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by tungamaje: 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2020
[quote author=Wiifesnatcher post=85674108]

it's so dishearten but I don't want to believe she was subjected to this abnormality because of religion or tribe perhaps her parents was disappointed with the early pregnancy

imagine having a girl child and hoping she become Okonjo-iweala, Dora akuyili, Folorunsho Alakija only to bring one pregnancy at home

if her predicament was lined up with the boy tribe and religion then the parents are the most foolish people on earth. now the girl is gone, Ibrahim will claimed the kid whether they want it or not

the tradition that if you don't pay Igbo girl bride price you won't be authorize to her kids is not going to happen here. they lose their child, so also they will lose their grandchild as the kid will hear the story that his mom was killed by her parents[
/quote]

Don't disturb yourself as myself I wont collect the child. That strange blood won't be accepted in my family
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by MartinsD12(m): 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2020
BluntBoy:

The grandmother of the baby said they always sent food through Ibrahim (the father of the baby).

So, how did she manage to starve to death?

Not the grandmother but the mother of the guy that brings food after she must have starved, I can confidently tell you had it been the family of Ibrahim are rich such a thing would not have happened, they would have taken care of her even without her been in her parent's home
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Mummymahdi(f): 5:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
fairfora:
Rubbish! There's no need to carry out any further investigations into what killed amaka. The evidence from the witnesses like mrs Ebunola who reported the case to the police before her death, the nwekes' neighbour and the facebook messages between the nurse friend and late amaka should suffice. Instead of beating her, the moment they noticed she was dating ibrahim, why not relocate her to the east to complete her education with close monitoring to prevent them from seeing eachother for a while, in case the parents were interested in her education. The Ibrahim's parents too ought to have advised the lovebirds to focus on their education and not allow the unexpected to happen with stern warning. I remember the day my mum caught me talking to a girl by the fence. She talked my head off that day. I became afraid so , I focused on my studies. This could have helped a lot. The nwekes also had the right to keep their daughter from being released to the Ibrahim's family because no bride price had been paid yet...you can't claim the goods you've not paid for.

That said, I remember when my cousin was dating a girl from the east too. It was like a tug of war. The parents especially the father was expressly opposed to it. The lady's sister even abused her for dating a poor guy who could hardly feed himself. As God would have it, the girl's granddad stood his ground, that he was in support of the union when they were ready, that nobody was born with money, we made it when we came here in this world so, they should stop disturbing them. After series of consultations, they reluctantly accepted and they got married. A few years later, they relocated to canada and now, the father is proud of her. The girl works with a renown IT firm over there and husband works with a robotic firm. He shuttles between South Korea and Canada due to his job schedule. Now, he's pushing for an establishment of the african branch. The company is considering either south africa, Kenya or Nigeria to serve african market. The younger sister who was abusing her of dating a poor yoruba boy is neither here nor there. Her husband she married beats her like hell. The mother had visited my cousin's wife in Canada 2ice to take care of their babies.

Parents should allow their children to marry whoever they like. All these old feud and traditions must stop. This is a new generation who weren't there when it all happened. We only were told the history. Everything we met here would end here. It's high time we began to see ourselves as one. My friend got married to an imo girl and today, they've been blessed with everything people yearn or aspire to have in life.

Am a good example here in my case my dad later calm and accept but siblings and mum didn't even attend d wedding am a core northerner while his mum akwaibom and dad Benue.my blessings aren't like urs sha! But rest of mind, peacefulness and long undieing love and care. Hmmn i have 6 kids in happiness now. I donate more than any girl child in my family and has d highest qualification with more smart and presentable husband and children

3 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by GermanPoison(m): 5:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
bimgo:
Obey your parent so that your days may be long, can you see now you short change your life for disobeying your parent because ok PENIS.
see ur life with ur worthless talk pls have sense so u re saying d parent has d right to kill there daughter
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by okechukwu101: 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2020
Situations like these make me ponder between igbo's and yoruba's who are more tribalistic .

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by mrchineke: 5:52pm On Jan 10, 2020
LZAA:

Las las u want igbo wife

To take am do wetin?
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 10, 2020
My wife is a woman of virtue; she doesn’t beat our children, she is not a wicked woman. We didn’t beat her because we saw her going to Ibrahim’s house. Everything Ibrahim’s family said was false because now I’m in mourning. I came from a Christian family. I warned my wife to stop disturbing Amaka and Ibrahim. I told my wife that if God said the union was ordained from Him, they would live together as a husband and wife. I have never disturbed them.

This statement shows the truly beat her to death. Very stupid parents.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by grandstar(m): 5:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
There's a verse in the Bible where Jehovah said "I will chastise you to the proper degree". The proper degree is key when disciplining.

This beatings was disproportionate to the offense. Did they want her to unborn the child or backdate the relationship. Rather than applying corrective methods, the beatings was the result of severe bitterness.

I can understand their dilemma. Imagine if your teenage daughter was impregnated by a white boy from a poor background, how would you feel? A biracial love child will raise questions.

In situations like this, the best is to fully accept it and move on. You can't unring that bell no matter how bitter you are.

The boy's name Zaheed stands out as being Muslim. The tribal issue would have been minimized if the boyfriend was a Christian.

What the parents must have insisted that the boy takes good care of their daughter and if the relationship is strong, they should marry. The boy was ready and was already taking care of the baby. It's the obstinacy of the grandparents who wanted to have their cake and eat it too.

They can find a common ground name to be calling him. It could be an English non-Christian name. It can even be a Yoruba name.

Now, the boy will grow up without his mother's doting love.

I'm sure if the boy was from a very rich background and the boy was ready to take care of the child and mother, tribal and religious differences would have been thrown out of the window asap.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Kingspin(m): 5:56pm On Jan 10, 2020
awwfar:
a personal decision made out of hatred for people of your kind is not worthy to be respected
Are you ok again. Does what colour of car i bought affect your life?

If an Arab man marry Arab woman, what is hate or bigot inside it.

Or is there a law that say one must marry or date anywhere.

Okay na come and force me..
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by GermanPoison(m): 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
thatigboman:
All these yoruba people talking rubbish, a child born out of wedlock belongs to the girl's family in highland.
shebi d boy parents don collect d pikin go collect am na Mr culture

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Mummymahdi(f): 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
Some parents think they created their children . the Highest I will do is send her to Ibrahim family and cut all ties with her. May Nwekes be punished accordingly. Stupid bigots . the only person I hate in this world is he who believe in ethnicity and religion MOREthan HUMANITY .
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
Amaka mama must be on nairaland politics forum. The hatred of these two tribes on politics forum no here. The two tribe are just like David and Goliath
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Cantonese: 5:59pm On Jan 10, 2020
Waterview:
what is wrong in dating a yoruba man? useless parents.

The problem is that the Yorubas never want to hear the name Igbo. This wrong attitude of the Yorubas and their oppressive nature to the Igbos must end.

The Igbos hardly can get accomodation in houses owned by Yoruba landlords. If they give out the houses they shoot up the rent.

Yorubas NEVER want to see their own daughters around Igbo men. Yorubas claim Igbos are cannibals, yet every day ritualists of the Yoruba race are caught everywhere.
A lot of Yorubas know nothing about Igbos. They get wrongly informed and straight away develop hatred for the Igbos.

This particular matter is very unfortunate and quite tragic. See they say "I no buy and I no sell no dey cause wahala". The moment the boy and his parents found the girl's parents did not like them, they should have gone their way. The boy's mum even said that she saw the girl as her "daughter in law". That's rubbish. They stoked trouble. Who knows if they charmed the girl too? (please excuse this line of thought). Looking at the boy's family they seemed have forced things. Now they quickly went to the police to report. Wetin concern them in the house of another man?

Abeggii.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by steppin: 6:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
ProWalker:

We are not one and we are not meant to live together, but you people couldn’t stay for one month in your villages before rushing back to mix and leave with those you so much hate and believed you shouldn’t be living with

You lot are sick
Foolish Lord Lugard kept us as one and living together in misery.
The guy is right.
Getting married from other ethnic groups is tainting our bloodline and breeding disloyalty.
If it pains you so much that we don't allow your people to marry our women, tell them to change.
You can't hate us and still wanna marry our beautiful women.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Henri8: 6:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
foleskay:

Oloshi. If we check now, you must be living in the southwest. We should have gone the Oba way that time.
Taa! Onye ara.
You think everyone fancies south west?
Nwokem gbara ọgwụgwọ nwo.

The girl bleeped up. Dating and getting pregnant for an infidel.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by GermanPoison(m): 6:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
tweakdude1:
The Parents made a mistake no doubt about that. Believe you me that the deceased parent have been warning her before time.

Folks, there are consequences you pay when you neglect warnings its a fact.

Let justice prevail
so u mean death is d only solution for her sins(unwanted pregnancy) God today's youth are doomed. Lord see our leaders of tomorrow mentality naija is not save
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by BluntBoy(m): 6:02pm On Jan 10, 2020
MartinsD12:

Not the grandmother but the mother of the guy that brings food after she must have starved, I can confidently tell you had it been the family of Ibrahim are rich such a thing would not have happened, they would have taken care of her even without her been in her parent's home

Bro, please, stop mentioning this starvation thing.

No matter how poor the parents are, she couldn't have starved to death. How come she starved to death and they didn't?

By drinking only water everyday without eating, you can stay alive for a month.

There are a lot of extremely poor people in Nigeria. About 80 million extremely poor Nigerians. Why don't we have cases of death by starvation?
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by MartinsD12(m): 6:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
BluntBoy:

Bro, please, stop mentioning this starvation thing.

No matter how poor the parents are, she couldn't have starved to death. How come she starved to death and they didn't?

By drinking only water everyday without eating, you can stay alive for a month.

There are a lot of extremely poor people in Nigeria. About 80 million extremely poor Nigerians. Why don't we have cases of death by starvation?

The fact still remains they are poor and could not cater for her and pregnancy period
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Dextre(m): 6:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
Jentle244:

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/parents-beat-teenage-girl-to-death-for-dating-yoruba-boy/

E never finish...e be things o. You killed ur own child,na to carry ur cross dey waka
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by GermanPoison(m): 6:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
Cantonese:

The problem is that the Yorubas never want to hear the name Igbo. This wrong attitude of the Yorubas and their oppressive nature to the Igbos must end.

The Igbos hardly can get accomodation in houses owned by Yoruba landlords. If they give out the houses they shoot up the rent.

Yorubas NEVER want to see their own daughters around Igbo men. Yorubas claim Igbos are cannibals, yet every day ritualists of the Yoruba race are caught everywhere.
A lot of Yorubas know nothing about Igbos. They get wrongly informed and straight away develop hatred for the Igbos.

This particular matter is very unfortunate and quite tragic. See they say "I no buy and I no sell no dey cause wahala". The moment the boy and his parents found the girl's parents did not like them, they should have gone their way. The boy's mum even said that she saw the girl as her "daughter in law". That's rubbish. They stoked trouble. Who knows if they charmed the girl too? (please excuse this line of thought). Looking at the boy's family they seemed have forced things. Now they quickly went to the police to report. Wetin concern them in the house of another man?

Abeggii.
so the ritual killing and baby factory wey dey happen for east is what?culture

2 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by BluntBoy(m): 6:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
MartinsD12:

The fact still remains they are poor and could not cater for her and pregnancy period

Then, if it is so easy to starve to death due to poverty, then why didn't they also starve to death?

Why didn't the baby also starve to death prior to his naming since the baby needs breast milk and a mother has to feed to breastfeed?

Starvation is out of the question.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by DSoj(m): 6:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
tungamaje:
When my son impregnated Amaka, I didn’t reject the pregnancy. I was already used to seeing them together. When it was clear to me that Ibrahim was the owner of the pregnancy, I started taking care of the girl as my daughter-in-law.

Madam, that's not how it is in Igbo culture. If you want to get a daughter-in-law, first approach the parents and pay dowries

Oya go take dowry na. Ode

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by olisaEze(m): 6:14pm On Jan 10, 2020
ihimiray:
u mean ibos are the most tolerant... U smoke weed

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by olaolaking: 6:15pm On Jan 10, 2020
ifiokjohn:
True but in this case the girl was never married to the boy and yes they have a right over the baby till the baby comes of age to choose
No. The father of the child (the Muslim have right) The court will only ask, who is the father. Even if the lady did not die, they still have right to refuse the guy everything on top the girl. But not the baby.

Court can never give your child to another person.

Yes they are not husband and wife. But they both a baby. It is not only legal wife or husband that can claim a child
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
IAmStrange:
In a civilization and at a time when boy/girl proximity and relationship is not checked and controlled, what do you expect apart from there being events of illicit sexual explorations, unwanted pregnancies and bastard children?

This world needs a cure and that cure is Imes. Illegal sex has eaten deep into the world and what a calamity that is! It's indeed one of the greatest iniquities man can commit yet many societies take it with levity and the present civilization condones it to a great degree.

I'm not saying this to justify the actions of the mother for of course, hers is even a worse issue. The whole matter is just so complicated and ridden with "calamities" that only the "favoured" seem to realise.

Well, we rejoice upon knowing of the great cure that God is going to send to this world, to cure the societies that embrace it and rid them of the iniquities and problems they've put themselves into.

And indeed, that cure is Imes grin

Imes, we await your coming. grin

JW I salute o
Your words are Candid though. grin
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by MartinsD12(m): 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
BluntBoy:

Then, if it is so easy to starve to death due to poverty, then why didn't they also starve to death?

Why didn't the baby also starve to death prior to his naming since the baby needs breast milk and a mother has to feed to breastfeed?

Starvation is out of the question.

Do you know what it means to take care of a girl who is pregnant, do you know the number of times she is expected to visit the hospital for antenatal care? She didn't get all these because money no dey, if una like stay away from sex, if you must pregnant a girl be ready to Carter for her pregnancy
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Glorifiednwafor: 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
missyblissy:

You need serious help. I pity the lady that ends up with you. Your thinking is myopic. Smh.
Shut up!
You are the reason afonjas insult Igbo girls for being too cheap, why didn't you marry from Mbano or better still from another Igbo state?

Useless!

My thinking is myopic because It does not support your agaracha akwuna traits. Azukwara gi azu?
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by imrany20(m): 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
The Igbo people and their ego and selfishness, their men loves to marry a Yoruba lady but doesn't want their female child to go the opposite way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (37) (Reply)

Olasunkanmi Esho Kills Wife & Daughter, Commits Suicide In The US / Lawrence Anini: Life And Death Of Nigeria’s Most Notorious Armed Robber (photos) / Rahinatu Is Dead: 'Queen Of Dick, Hajia Pussy' Killed By Sakawa Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.