Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy - Crime (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy (128180 Views)

Mother Beat Daughter Who Disappeared For Two Weeks During December Holiday(Video / Man Beat Daughter To Death For Using His Phone To Call Boyfriend (Photo) / Pius Nweke Arrested For Having Unlicensed Guns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by cosmos1440: 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
KarsanHughston:
[s][/s]

I am sure your moniker was one of the ones I mentioned.
By the way, wetin you dey find for my thread ?
So you had to create another nairaland account after being suspended because of a previous tribal comment, abi ?
I swear na Yoruba matter go kill you .
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Kingspin(m): 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2020
awwfar:
nobody is making any decision for u my friend...it's written all over your posts from the past,you're a bigot,you're filled with bitterness and hatred for other tribes
You are number one Bigot.

In Nigeria, we know people who are number one in religious extremism the same with tribalism.

My friend do whatever you like with your life. i cannot stop you so don't stop me or call me names.

Anybody accusing me of bigotry is the number bigot past and present.

2. You don't know the meaning of bigotry if you do probably you don't know when/where to use them.

So if a white man marries white woman you tag it bigot/racism?

Use your head well.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by 9jakool: 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2020
Parents who murder their child for whatever reason don't deserve to be parents. And the people making excuses are tribalist and bigots themselves.

IamPlato:
My Daughter Can Marry Any Tribe But Never In This life Will I Allow Her Marry A Muslim

So what will you do if she marries a muslim in "this life"?

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Glorifiednwafor: 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2020
ItooWorWor:

Don't worry Amara go chop koboko for my hand this nite and i no go give her shishi, while i go de send money for Kemi my future wife grin grin tongue

Save face and damage control format activated grin grin grin grin

Yoruba don cast abeg forget it! grin tongue
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Shegzy8(m): 6:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
MartinsD12:

Before quoting you read well, I have a cousin sister who is late, she was involved in a relationship the mother warned her she couldn't listen she got pregnant was doing abortion in the process with a quack doctor without the consent of her mother she died in the process when it was too late to save her, so people are responsible for their actions even God is against premature sex but you youths of nowadays think you can eat your cake and still have it back
The bone of contention here isn't about her fornicating. It's about how they reacted and treated her after that. Jesus will forgive her if she went to him asking for forgiveness, we all will be outraged if we were her parents but it should never get to the stage of starving her, abusing her. If I tell you a story of a young lady that gave birth at age 18. Her parents and siblings were educated(not rich) they knew it was a mistake, reacted one way or the other but it never got to this point. The lady is now studying medicine in Abu Zaria.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 6:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
Clearly most of u did not read article. Ibrahim parent lied and the boy is with nweke. Dat is a replacement for their daughter ibrahim and his mother killed. Bloody poverty rapist kill people daughter with prick
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by MetaPhysical: 6:25pm On Jan 10, 2020
…she took ill and died, says dad

Residents of Agility community at Mile 12 area of Lagos State are presently filled with anger. This followed the death of an 18-year-old girl, Amaka Nweke.

Amaka was said to have been beaten to death by her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Mike Nweke, for not only dating a Yoruba guy, but also having a baby for him.

According to residents, the parents were not only enraged that Amaka was dating a Yoruba guy, but a Muslim to boot. The parents were alleged to have repeatedly subjected Amaka to torture, including starving her during pregnancy.

Her father, however, has stoically denied touching Amaka, let alone pummelling her to death.

“Is it possible for a parent to kill his own child?” he asked.

Mike may have to confront some many witnesses living in his community, who disclosed that he and his wife were brutal to the girl.

Amaka and her boyfriend, Ibrahim Lawal, were said to have met when she was in Senior Secondary School (SSS). The relationship later resulted into pregnancy, which her parents fumed and kicked against.

She was later delivered of a baby boy, christened Zaeed. Friends said that Amaka went through hell while pregnant for defying her parents.

One of the Nwekes’ neighbours, who gave her name as Adebola, said it was unfortunate that Amaka died in such circumstances.

She said; “Amaka went through a lot. She really suffered.

“When Amaka and Ibrahim were dating, her parents were always threatening her. They told her that they didn’t want her to continue associating with the boy. What broke the camel’s back was Amaka’s becoming pregnant for Ibrahim. Her parents were livid and starved her of food.

“Whenever her parents were beating her, some of us would approach and beg them to stop. They used to beat her with different objects even while she was pregnant. Whenever her boyfriend brought food to her, they would not allow her to have access to it.”

Adebola explained that when Amaka was delivered of her baby, her parents couldn’t afford the medical bill. They had to call on Ibrahim’s family. His family gladly paid up before the new mother was discharged from the hospital.”

People thought that the move would diffuse the tension between the two families, but the Nwekes allegedly returned to status quo.

Adebola added: “After she was released from the hospital, her parents tried to prevent the husband’s family from naming their grandchild. But it took the intervention of the Chairman of the Community Development Association (CDA) and some elders in the area before the Nwekes released the baby to them.”

Ibrahim’s mother, Mrs. Ebunola Lawal, said that she reported the repeated beatings of Amaka by her parents to the police.

She said: “When my son impregnated Amaka, I didn’t reject the pregnancy. I was already used to seeing them together. When it was clear to me that Ibrahim was the owner of the pregnancy, I started taking care of the girl as my daughter-in-law. I, however, noticed that whenever I go to give her foodstuff, her mother wouldn’t want her to collect it from me. I used to force her before she would collect it.

“When Amaka was in labour, her parents didn’t inform us. It was Ibrahim who saw her mother take her to hospital and alerted us. I couldn’t go to the hospital that fateful day, but the following day, Ibrahim went to the hospital to check on her and found she was delivered successfully.

“When it was time for mother and child to be discharged from the hospital, Amaka’s parents couldn’t afford the medical bill. They sent for us and we later paid the money. The parents took Amaka and the baby to their house, instead of the father’s house.”

Ebunola recalled that on the eight day of the birth of the child, they went to the Nwekes to name the baby, but were rebuffed.

She said: “We went to Amaka’s house as early as 6a.m. We begged them till noon before they finally released the baby to us with the assistance of some elders in the community.

“The parents also gave us two hours to return the baby. Two weeks after the naming ceremony, my husband and I went back to Amaka’s parents’ house to check on our grandchild, but Mrs. Nweke prevented us from seeing the baby and Amaka.

“When the pressure from her parents to stop seeing Ibrahim was becoming too much, Amaka told Ibrahim to stop coming. She said that they would be discussing on the phone. She told him that whenever he comes to visit her, her parents would pounce on her and beat her mercilessly. Mrs. Nweke didn’t like Amaka’s union with my son.

“The major issue that led to Amaka’ death started on January 1, 2020. This was after she came to our house to collect clothes for herself and the baby, to celebrate the Yuletide. A few minutes after she left our house, she called Ibrahim on the phone that her mother had started beating her for collecting the clothes and money from us. I was informed that her parents collected the baby from her and locked her in their apartment and beat her for two days.

“It was in the process of beating her that she became unconscious. The parents rushed her to hospital in the neighbourhood and they were referred to Gbagada General Hospital, where she was confirmed dead on Sunday. When Ibrahim went to check her at the hospital, she couldn’t stand up or sit. She just lied on the bed. The most annoying aspect of it was that when they were rushing Amaka to hospital, they gave our four-months-old grandson to a neighbour, instead of bringing him to us to mind.”

Ebunola said when she heard that Amaka’s parents had beaten her again she went to the police station at Mile 12 under bridge to lodge a complaint.

She said: “When we went to collect the baby from the woman they gave him to, she refused to release him to us. But out of pressure, she eventually released him. I’ll miss Amaka; she was an easy going girl. I accepted her as my son’s wife because of her attitude. It was her parents that killed her.”

Ibrahim’s brother, identified simply as Alfa, said it was unfortunate that Amaka died in such manner because her parents didn’t want her to marry a Yoruba man.

He said: “There was a day Amaka came to visit Ibrahim, and both of them later came to my house; as I was seeing them off, we saw Amaka’s mother. She was coming to look for her in Ibrahim’s house. Right there in my presence, the woman started hitting the girl and raining curses on her. She warned Ibrahim to leave her daughter alone. Amaka suffered a lot in the hands of her parents because of Ibrahim.”

Amaka’s friend, a nurse, identified as Omotola explained that when the beating was becoming unbearable for the deceased; she sought her assistance.

She said: “Amaka called me and asked that I should rescue her. She said that she didn’t want to die.

“When I didn’t see Amaka for some days, I became worried. I chatted with her up on Facebook, and she told me that she was sick due to the series of beatings she received from her parents. She told me that Ibrahim was bringing money to her to buy drugs. When I couldn’t bear it again, I went to see her. When I saw her, I noticed that her breathing was difficult and terrible. I didn’t like the way she was breathing. I went to a chemist to get her some pain relieving drugs, which I gave to her.

“Before I left, I noticed she was not improving. I quickly called her father on the phone and urged him to take her to hospital. I even suggested taking her to the hospital I work. I heard the following day that the parents didn’t heed my advice. They didn’t take her to hospital that day. They decided to take her to the hospital the following day. I don’t know why they decided to waste the life of that poor girl. Amaka was punished until she died.”

Our correspondent also located Ibrahim and tried to engage him on the issue of Amaka’s death, but he just wept like his heart was breaking. He didn’t say anything.

However, his father, Mr. Bashiru Lawal, said when Amaka was delivered of the baby, his family bought her packs of bottle water, drugs and stuffs for baby and mother.

He said: “But her parents rejected the items.”

But Amaka’s father, Mike, maintained his innocence and that of his wife.

He said: “Is it possible for a father to kill his only daughter, I don’t beat my children. My wife is a woman of virtue; she doesn’t beat our children, she is not a wicked woman. We didn’t beat her because we saw her going to Ibrahim’s house. Everything Ibrahim’s family said was false because now I’m in mourning. I came from a Christian family. I warned my wife to stop disturbing Amaka and Ibrahim. I told my wife that if God said the union was ordained from Him, they would live together as a husband and wife. I have never disturbed them.

“When Amaka took ill, we rushed her to two private hospitals before we were referred to Gbagada General Hospital where she died.”

When asked about Amaka’s baby, Mike said they left the baby with a neighbour in Lagos to take care of him, because he couldn’t take him to Ebonyi State.

He added: “I’m only going to Ebonyi State with Amaka’s mother and siblings.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Bala Elkana, said the command was aware of the issue.

He said: “We are waiting for medical report to ascertain the cause of death. Investigation is still ongoing.”

Tbis should be the first case for AMOTEKUN to handle.

These parents are probably one of the touts in Nairaland shouting Yoruba Muslim up and down.

They have carried their hatred go home to kill their own pikin.

Where is Ibrahim and Amaka baby.....we are going to give him name Muhammed. Lets see how Ibo haters go take this one.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nadio2019: 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2020
Waterview:
what is wrong in dating a yoruba man? useless parents.

Methinks, considering the high Islamic extremism in Nigeria today, dating a Moslem was behind the tragedy, NEVER dating a Yoruba man.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 6:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
MetaPhysical:

These parents are probably one of the touts in Nairaland shouting Yoruba Muslim up and down.

Where is Ibrahim and Amaka baby.....we are going to give him name Muhammed. Lets see how Ibo haters go take this one.
is it the one Buhari ban?
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by BluntBoy(m): 6:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
MartinsD12:

Do you know what it means to take care of a girl who is pregnant, do you know the number of times she is expected to visit the hospital for antenatal care? She didn't get all these because money no dey, if una like stay away from sex, if you must pregnant a girl be ready to Carter for her pregnancy

So, she starved because she didn't get enough care during pregnancy?

Then, explain to me how she managed to give birth safely and how the baby survived up to and past its naming day?

If she were starving, she wouldn't have gotten enough energy to survive her labor. Even in the North where there are a lot of poor women and girls impregnated out of wedlock, many of whom don't even know what antenatal means, they still give birth and have more children without starving to death.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by ItooWorWor(m): 6:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
Glorifiednwafor:

Save face and damage control format activated grin grin grin grin
Yoruba don cast abeg forget it! grin tongue
Abeg go sidon jare, Igbo girls are cheap accept the fact and leave the oil

3 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by TruthSpeaker: 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2020
topboss1:
the won’t with good defence. Was an accident.
You say so because Nigerian justice system is crap most times right? From all indications, her parents are broke idiots which means are very unlikely to be able to bribe their way out. They don’t deserve leniency.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by KarsanHughston: 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2020
[s]
cosmos1440:

I am sure your moniker was one of the ones I mentioned.
By the way, wetin you dey find for my thread ?
So you had to create another nairaland account after being suspended because of a previous tribal comment, abi ?
I swear na Yoruba matter go kill you .
[/s]
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
TruthSpeaker:

You say so because Nigerian justice system is crap most times right? From all indications, her parents are broke idiots which means are very unlikely to be able to bribe their way out. They don’t deserve leniency.
they even deny beating her, so who do we believe? No case here. That ibrahim deserve to go to jail
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Armaggedon: 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
imrany20:
The Igbo people and their ego and selfishness, their men loves to marry a Yoruba lady but doesn't want their female child to go the opposite way.
Igbo's love to marry Yoruba ladies? why do you Yoruba's enjoy delusions?
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
Kingspin:
Are you ok again. Does what colour of car i bought affect your life?

If an Arab man marry Arab woman, what is hate or bigot inside it.

Or is there a law that say one must marry or date anywhere.

Okay na come and force me

..lol don't cry na ...but seriously u know I'm right deep down...you're a bigot plus hate filled being

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by cosmos1440: 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2020
okechukwu101:
Situations like these make me ponder between igbo's and yoruba's who are more tribalistic .

Don't you see how Igbos are trying so hard to defend this evil parents ?

Ponder no more, the Yorubas will never kill their own child, come what may.
As you can see for yourself the igbos just killed their own child because of religious and ethnic differences.
So the most tribalistic tribe in Nigeria, probably in the whole world too, is undoubtedly the igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nadio2019: 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2020
MetaPhysical:

In one Nigeria indivisible??, you use Islamic injunctions to use govt instruments, Boko Haram and murderous Fulani herdsmen to impose your Islam on all in Nigeria.

You should expect non Moslems to detest anything or persons related to Islam.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by steppin: 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
PeterUdeme:

People usually marry from their environment. If you grew up in USA you will probably marry an American. Reason Yoruba marry Igbo girls is because you are many in Yoruba land and many if you were born and grew up here. Nothing special about you.
Story. Their Yoruba women ain't many?
Why are igbo men going back home to the east to marry? Or some of them weren't born and raised up in the west?
Find some other excuse.
This one don cast.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 6:35pm On Jan 10, 2020
cosmos1440:

As you can see for yourself the igbos just killed their own child because of religious and ethnic differences.
So the most tribalistic tribe in Nigeria, probably in the whole world too, is undoubtedly the igbos.
Amaka 100 Naira sex na him kill her. Her siblings have now relocated to the village to prevent further rape by afonja.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by LegendHero(m): 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Lol, those kind of people need to be banned from entering the SW. Someone that can beat her daughter to death for marrying a Yoruba could even carry out more dangerous acts against the Yorubas around her neighborhood.

What if she poisons their water or do something more damaging due to the inherent hate for the Yorubas. The government should make sure they spend the rest of their lives in prison never to see the light again!

To the Igbos like her, seems all of them will have to beat their daughters to death because the Igbo girls I’ve lashed alone exceeded five when I still dey country. That means I have to let their parents know that a Yoruba Muslim fu*cked their daughters, so they can as well beat them to death.

Foolish set of parents!

2 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 10, 2020
Waterview:
what is wrong in dating a yoruba man? useless parents.

Everything is wrong
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Kingspin(m): 6:39pm On Jan 10, 2020
awwfar:
..lol don't cry na ...but seriously u know I'm right deep down...you're a bigot plus hate filled being
One question? What you called couples who are Arab-Arab, Hindu-Hindu, Black-black or Asia vs Asia. Riverman who marry a Rivers state woman.

What name you call them? Bigot or hate?

Pls correct your self
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by LegendHero(m): 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
Nadio2019:

Methinks, considering the high Islamic extremism in Nigeria today, dating a Moslem was behind the tragedy, NEVER dating a Yoruba man.

You all need to shut up and stop displaying a mindset of terrorist online.

What will happen if she dates a Muslim? Will she be the first Igbo girl to date one?

You are a religious bigot just like the Muslim north. Infact your ideologies are thesame and it’s a regret that I share a country with people with deformed mindset like you guys.

Well, all around SW there has been a lot of Yoruba Muslims that have fu*ked Igbo girls time without number, and example is me. Judging by this, you can as well advise the parent of these girls to beat their daughters to death.

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by KarsanHughston: 6:41pm On Jan 10, 2020
[s]
cosmos1440:

[/s]
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2020
valarmorghulis:
U see why some of us don't like Igbo, they prefer to kill her than allow her to marry a yoruba man,na so all of them be, remember lola and the okoye family? They hate everyone but want love in return, laye e no go happen

The young man messed the girl up.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2020
LegendHero:

You all need to shut up and stop displaying a mindset of terrorist online.

What will happen if she dates a Muslim? Will she be the first Igbo girl to date one?

You are a religious bigot just like the Muslim north. Infact your ideologies are thesame and it’s a regret that I share a country with people with deformed mindset like you guys.

Well, all around SW there has been a lot of Yoruba Muslims that have fu*ked Igbo girls time without number, and example is me. Judging by this, you can as well advise the parent of these girls to beat their daughter to death.

a prostitute is a prostitute. Just know dat Igbo have nothing to do with it
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by ItooWorWor(m): 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2020
Glorifiednwafor:

Yoruba girls are global rejects both home and abroad. Accept it and move on. grin
Oga Igbo girls are cheap accept the fact, and as for yoruba girls only few of your guyz have the courage to approach them, and they don't run after Igbo boys like the way you girls run after yoruba boys.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2020
Correcto:
I am Yoruba but I think the Yoruba boy being a Muslim was the real issue. Even my Ibos friends don't like Muslims because they feel they are terrorists who can kill for nothing.

And so I hold.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nadio2019: 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2020
Anger over forced Islamic expansionism agenda could have led to the tragic death of the young lady.

Certain, Moslem north of Nigeria manifests a horrible type of political Islam in Nigeria.
North of Nigeria has been using govt instruments to expand Islam to all of Nigeria.

North of Nigeria adopted Islamic Sharia criminal justice system, threatens use of govt instruments to include Islamic Sharia criminal justice system into the constitution.
Anger over all these is boiling.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by cosmos1440: 6:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
KarsanHughston:
[s][/s]

So, after chopping ban, you created another nairaland account today ?
You are truly a frustrated soul.
Even with this your new nairaland account, them go soon ban you again because of your tribal bigotry.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (37) (Reply)

Lawrence Anini: Life And Death Of Nigeria’s Most Notorious Armed Robber (photos) / Rahinatu Is Dead: 'Queen Of Dick, Hajia Pussy' Killed By Sakawa Boys / "I Sleep With 5 Men Daily" – Lagos Prostitute Reveals How Much She Earns (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.