Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,480 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? (9615 Views)

See Some Of The Things That Invalidate Fasting / Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting / Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by Lukgaf(m): 8:14am On Jan 10, 2020
Praise be to Allah.

Firstly:

There is no difference of opinion among the scholars that laughing outside of prayer – even when one is getting ready for prayer – does not invalidate wudoo’.

Ibn al-Mundhir said: The scholars are unanimously agreed that laughing outside of prayer does not invalidate wudoo’ and does not require one to do wudoo’ again.

End quote from al-Awsat (1/166).

An-Nawawi said: They [the scholars] are unanimously agreed that laughing out loud outside of prayer does not invalidate wudoo’.

End quote from al-Majmoo‘ (2/61).

Secondly:

The scholars are unanimously agreed that laughing when praying invalidates the prayer.

Ibn al-Mundhir said: They are unanimously agreed that laughing when praying invalidates the prayer.

End quote from al-Ijmaa‘, p. 3.

What is meant by laughing here is laughing out loud

Ibn Qudaamah said: We do not know of any difference of opinion concerning that.

End quote from al-Mughni (2/451).

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said: Laughing out loud, in which one makes a loud noise, is contrary to the dignity of prayer and to the focus and humility that is required in prayer. Moreover, it shows disrespect towards the prayer, makes a mockery of it and is contrary to its purpose, so the prayer is spoiled by that.

End quote from Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa (22/617).

Thirdly:

From the above, it is clear that the difference of opinion among the scholars has to do with laughing out loud in the prayer and whether wudoo’ is also invalidated by it, or not.

The correct view, which is that of the majority of scholars, is that it does not invalidate wudoo’, because there is no evidence to indicate that it does invalidate it.

Jaabir ibn ‘Abdillah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: If someone laughs whilst praying, he must repeat his prayer, but he does not have to repeat wudoo’. Narrated by al-Bukhaari in a mu‘allaq report, and by ad-Daaraqutni (51) in a mawsool report.

Ibn Hajar said: It is proven to be saheeh, but it is the words of Jaabir. End quote from Fath al-Baari (1/280).

Shaykh al-Islam said: There is no narration from any Sahaabi to suggest a different view. Moreover, it does not invalidate wudoo’ outside of prayer, so by the same token [it does not invalidate wudoo’] in the prayer.

End quote from Sharh al-‘Umdah (1/324).

An-Nawawi said: Our view and that of the majority of scholars is that it does not invalidate wudoo’. … This is the view of the majority of the Taabi‘een and those who came after them.

Al-Bayhaqi narrated that Abu’z-Zinaad said: I met some of our well-versed scholars whose view is decisive: Sa‘eed ibn al-Musayyab, ‘Urwah ibn az-Zubayr, al-Qaasim ibn Muhammad, Abu Bakr ibn ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan, Khaarijah ibn Zayd ibn Thaabit, ‘Ubaydullah ibn ‘Abdillah ibn ‘Uqbah, Sulaymaan ibn Yasaar, and many other respectable scholars, who say that laughing invalidates the prayer, but it does not invalidate wudoo’.

And he said: There is no proof at all to suggest that wudoo’ is invalidated by laughing.

End quote from al-Majmoo‘ (2/60).

The hadiths which say that laughing invalidates wudoo’ are da‘eef (weak) and none of them are saheeh (sound).

An-Nawawi said:

All of them are da‘eef and waahin (flimsy), according to the consensus of the scholars of hadith.

End quote from al-Majmoo‘ (2/61).

Summary: laughing does not invalidate wudoo’, whether that happens when praying or outside of prayer.

And Allah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/129409/laughing-does-not-invalidate-wudoo

4 Likes

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:01am On Jan 10, 2020
Wetin pesin no go see for Islam

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by Changgetonaira(m): 10:03am On Jan 10, 2020
Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by specie103(m): 10:05am On Jan 10, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

hope this won't invalidate my comment

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by DaVader: 10:07am On Jan 10, 2020

12 Likes

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by babz11(m): 10:09am On Jan 10, 2020
MariahCarrey:
But isn't allah gay? People have been telling me his gay and that his prophet is also a pedophile
I want to convert but the bolded keeps delaying my decision
Cc: lukgaf
Subhannalahi
Nothing whey you no go see on Nairaland you now attribute human physical description to Allah who do you think He His
I pray for Allah forgiveness for You

5 Likes

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by MariahCarrey(f): 10:10am On Jan 10, 2020
babz11:

Subhannalahi
Nothing whey you no go see on Nairaland you now attribute human physical description to Allah who do you think He His
I pray for Allah forgiveness for You
you did not answer my question. Is he gay/transgendered or not?
and wasn't his supposed terrorist prophet a pedophile?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 10:19am On Jan 10, 2020
If someone is praying in the mosque and suddenly starts laughing.

Isn't that a sign of madness?

13 Likes

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by Uyi168: 10:23am On Jan 10, 2020
MariahCarrey:
But isn't allah gay? People have been telling me his gay and that his prophet is also a pedophile
If u say this about Muhammad wey nor dey use eyes see toto...
I wonder what you will say about bros j that moved with 12 grown asss men...
wink

1 Like

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by Avedonn: 10:23am On Jan 10, 2020
MariahCarrey:

Allah is an Arabic word meaning God. Even Christian Arabs uses the word Allah when referring to God. All languages have ways the refer to Allah.

Please be mindful on how you discredit the name of God just because of Nairaland likes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by Newnas(m): 10:27am On Jan 10, 2020
MariahCarrey:

Go and watch your gay jesu on Netflix abeg

1 Like

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by Avedonn: 10:28am On Jan 10, 2020
Uyi168:
wink

If you've problem that Muhammad married wives then what'd you say about Solomon.

Your second question, the twelve grown men were Jesus disciples that followed him for evangelism.

3 Likes

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 10, 2020
Newnas:

e dey Pain

2 Likes

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by Newnas(m): 10:40am On Jan 10, 2020
OoniOfIfe:
e dey Pain
Sorry for hurting you grin

1 Like

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by fatymore(f): 10:40am On Jan 10, 2020
Patience is one of the most beautiful attributes one can ever have, it makes one listen, understand, forgive, forget, endure & move on in life.
May Almighty Allah SWT increase Our patience, forgive all Our sins, open all the channels of success, progress & blessings for us Fidduniya Wal-Akhira.
Jum@Mubarak

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by Uyi168: 10:41am On Jan 10, 2020
Avedonn:

If you've problem that Muhammad married wives then what'd you say about Solomon.

Your second question, the twelve grown men were Jesus disciples that followed him for evangelism.
Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 10, 2020
Newnas:
Sorry for hurting you grin
e dey pain u. Ode simple sarcasm .
Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by Newnas(m): 10:42am On Jan 10, 2020
ContractKiller:
What an ex-muslim from Egypt posted on YouTube:

"The Muslim is the only one who needs a fatwa for what side of the bed he wakes up from. He must pray before putting on his shoes and he must always wear his right shoe first. He must pray a special prayer before entering his toilet and another special prayer while sitting on his toilet otherwise the Jinn and Sheitan will disturb him. He must make sure his buttocks are not pointed in the direction of the Quibla (Mecca) when he is in the toilet. He must wash his p*nis and shake it 3 times after urinating and he must try to urinate while stopping like a woman."

Actually, we should thank that man/woman for the compliments. cool

Islam ties us to our Creator and Lord because worship is the primary reason why we're in this world. Every other thing we're doing are distractions (or at best means to worship).

6 Likes

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by Newnas(m): 10:45am On Jan 10, 2020
OoniOfIfe:
e dey pain u. Ode simple sarcasm

shocked No, Netflix wasn't being sarcastic, your Jesus was really gay and he had 12 wives husbands shocked
Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 10, 2020
Avedonn:

Allah is an Arabic word meaning God. Even Christian Arabs uses the word Allah when referring to God. All languages have ways the refer to Allah.

Please be mindful on how you discredit the name of God just because of Nairaland likes.
that's ignorance on their part. Allah is satan, satan is transgender (baphomet), Allah is gay and his prophet Mohammed is a pedophile. God tru name is YHWH

5 Likes

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by MariahCarrey(f): 10:52am On Jan 10, 2020
Newnas:

eyyah. But no where in the Bible was Jesus a gay. But Quran indicted mohammed as a pedophile basstard. Islam sucks. Y'ALL bunch of terrorists

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by MariahCarrey(f): 10:53am On Jan 10, 2020
Newnas:

shocked No, Netflix wasn't being sarcastic, your Jesus was really gay and he had 12 wives husbands shocked
is Netflix the Bible?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by Kokoebapluse(m): 10:59am On Jan 10, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:
Wetin pesin no go see for Islam

grin, can you see before? You that blind, that is why Bible call you a sheep ( animal)

But wait what did you know about Islam?

1 Like

Re: Does Laughing Invalidate Ablution? by Midas01: 11:08am On Jan 10, 2020
Na so madness dey start, so it is wrong to move with 12 grown men,
I guess he should with babies then... Mumu.
Uyi168:
wink

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Directory of Islamic Orphanages in Nigeria / Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? / Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.