Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) (70628 Views)

I Still Masturbate Even After I Got Married / Beautiful Lady In Wheelchair Got Married To The Love Of Her Life / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Legaldruglord: 10:19am On Jan 12, 2020
Youngjohnosas:
You are a pathetic and pained fool. Edo women are one of most hardworking women in Nigeria.in my church alone I can count up to 10 women that have built houses with their petty trading and made it look that their husbands built the houses.

I don't see anyone that wouldn't elope with ur baby with this nasty attitude u are putting up. if I may ask, where are you from? be proud to say it so we can start from there.

Edo women are only hardworking in house chores oh . Lets be guided .
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Nasir123(m): 10:23am On Jan 12, 2020
Richy4:
And u are showing us pictures with nice wedding gown and suits..U should have posted the 13k suit to encourage the readers more haba!!! smiley

That's exactly where he missed it.
Who know if he's even lying!

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:35am On Jan 12, 2020
elektra:
I also don’t want a wedding reception.
I want to go to registry and go for my honey moon.

I have noticed that weddings are only enjoyed by the visitors. The couples families always end up stressing and fighting. I’ve not heard of any wedding that family members did not fight or were unhappy about something. Somebody must complain about something!
I am unwilling to spend obscene amounts of money entertaining and feeding a bunch of people, while the people most important to me are more stressed than happy.

You’re my soul sister! What’s even worse is that the whole place will be filled with people you don’t freaking care about... and who don’t care two hoots about you either.

If I ever have to do something in the form of a wedding celebration, it will be a dinner with my inner caucus in some really exotic place. That’s where we’ll really be happy and have fun.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Funkybabee(f): 10:40am On Jan 12, 2020
womenareapes:
"wedding is the last and first experience in your lifetime"

Yeye undecided

What of divorce? undecided

Get away from us you women of shallow minded and fish brain likeness undecided

All you women ever think of is marriage

marriage marriage undecided

No single business proposal is on ya mind!

Just how to carry your frustration and dump on one man angry

Marriage is a big scam

Marriage is a scam in your family. Ode

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:42am On Jan 12, 2020
MoonandStar:

I think is her desperation to get married and the love he has for the guy that make her to accept the low budget wedding because deep down she wanted it and she's clamouring for it now which is obviously her real self still wanting to showcase her flamboyant lifestyle.

See, there’s nobody who doesn’t like the good things of life. But the point really is... know when you can indulge. If your money or current status can’t afford the things you crave for, make do with what you can afford at the moment... then work towards getting your cravings.

The problem is, most ladies don’t want to cut their calf according to their cloth. They don’t want to understand that there is a future... they want what they want NOW... at all cost. That’s the problem.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by whytepawn1(m): 11:03am On Jan 12, 2020
OkunrinMeta:

There are 180million people in Nigeria. So if she is 1 in a million, there are 180 people just like her. Most of them young and about half of them would be female.
Lols...too much sense will not kee you.
Anyways she is a rare personality, can't trade her for anything.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Funkybabee(f): 11:08am On Jan 12, 2020
shege45:
forget, dem dey do wedding multiple times

Lols, like the way she's craving for it now.. But know what, it can never be like the first.. Oyinbos says, make hay while the sun is shining, and others say do the right thing at the right time in the right place...

When you are not up to something, bend away from it then tell me if an unfortunate things arise, how would u want to cope know fully well that she's under you and you are responsible for it...

My mother's always says. 'Mi o da, mi o de lejeun ti o da... I'm not good but I cannot eat what's not good....

Just don't do overboard
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Youngjohnosas: 11:09am On Jan 12, 2020
Legaldruglord:

Edo women are only hardworking in house chores oh . Lets be guided .
house chores ke,A typical Edo will comfortably take care of her house hold when her husband is not buoyant enough to take up responsibilities.

I can count up to ten In my church alone that have built houses and u wouldn't even know they own the house except You are so close to them through petty trading.

one even after building the house bought a bus for her husband for commercial purpose,An average young Edo girl can play hard to get or test ur financial capabilities but marriage here is very sacred and they don't run away except for reasons beyond their country.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by womenareapes: 11:14am On Jan 12, 2020
Funkybabee:

Marriage is a scam in your family. Ode

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by BreconHills(m): 11:21am On Jan 12, 2020
jidamsel43:
Yoruba ladies over to you. Can you accept this kind of wedding?

If your wife to be is understandable , it is possible to achieve this but ladies nowadays do not want to settle for SURULERE ( struggling) again, they prefer OLORUNSOGO (high class).

To convince a lady to accept this in Lagos , you have to be on 75 days marathon fasting .

This isnt true. I attended a wedding like this late last year. The couple travelled abroad to the US 48 hours later - he to do his PhD, she on work posting. No reception, no fuss. Church wedding and over in one hour and a bit. Things are changing and they are changing fast.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Sanchez01: 11:33am On Jan 12, 2020
safarigirl:

The North has the most ethnic groups in Nigeria, there are over 60 distinct ethnic groups in Northern Nigeria, so no, that title does not belong to South South.

You did not say "MOST of the South South" you said "MOSTLY the South South" I hope you know these terms are NOT the same.

Less than 10 of the ethnic groups in the North ask for kidneys and livers, but you overlooked them to mention South South, where even the five or so that ask for kidneys and possibly, possibly have the most alarming figures for bride price in Nigeria. I, for one, know that a Kalabari bride is more expensive to marry, than anyone from the much maligned Imo State, and let me not speak on Ikwerre.

The North is where you find brides with chicken change, aside Hausa/Fulani, no other ethnic group in the North has high requirements for a bride.
You miss the point totally. The North is about 95% homogenous; belief system, tradition, food, origin and culture, etc. The same cannot be said of the ethnic groups and tribes in the South South. Ancestry, belief system, foods, culture, etc, are not in way related. It is why the Ibibios are known for notorious bride price costs and their Anang sisters don't follow that line of thought. It is why some sub-groups of the Urhobo people will ask a groom-to-be to pay N65 while some others N120. Edos? Totally different.

You see why I stated that the South South is the most diverse compared to other regions in the country?

The North which mainly consists of the Hausas/Fulanis have their bride prices tied to education. You might want to do your little research on this. The illiterates among them might request for little or nothing but the child of an influential individual would see the partner-to-be bring gold jewelries and boxes filled with clothes.

Regardless, that of Imo, specifically Mbaise is on a whole new level. I lived in the East and can attest that the Ibibios are the only ones that can match or come close to Mbaise's neck and throat approach when it comes to weddings.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Nezero(m): 11:46am On Jan 12, 2020
We4all:

Your story is quite inspiring, and I'm glad things worked out for you. But encouraging people to tow your path doesn't hold sway, cos it may backfire. I know a guy who did something similar, and 10 years down the line, he is poorer than he was.

The truth is, if you can afford a flamboyant wedding, by all means, do it! This is because, weddings are memorable, and are expected to take place once in a life time.

There are three chapters in one's life:birth, marriage and death. If people celebrate births and funerals, then weddings shouldn't be less celebrated.

Nevertheless, if you can't afford a loud wedding, then opt for something small with few guests. But make it simple and classy, and don't be like the OP, cos serving his guests biscuits was in bad taste.

Being poor is one thing, planning right is another. @OP, you shouldn't have entertained your guests with biscuits,(cos I assume they were all adults). Instead, 2 mudus of rice served in take away packs could have done the magic. And if there was less money for malt, then you could have opted for zobo drinks which is cheaper and even more delicious than malt drinks.

The problem most Nigerians have when it comes to weddings is that, while they can afford to cater for only 50 guests, they end up inviting 500, just so they can have more contributions from them.

If your budget can only entertain 50 people, then plan for that number and don't end up inviting more numbers so you don't serve them biscuits just like the OP.

Wow, I just understood the rationale behind deliberately inviting a crowd when there is no capacity to feed them.

And that thing about rice and zobo is a good alternative although biscuits is acceptable in many localities.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by shekauvsbuhari: 11:58am On Jan 12, 2020
lawman88:

I wish I get the mind to do like the OP....

My people na celebration and flamboyant wedding all of them want but no one will assist financially
If dey no go assist financialy, then giv dem de middle finger n go do what U can afford. Na so I dey take handle my family. Comin from big and known family can be a burden atimes.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by MedicH: 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
[quote author=womenareapes post=85727324][/quote]

Lol. Abegooo
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by MedicH: 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
passey:
My closest dude spent #200k...
Gave the wife #150k to buy clothes for herself.
Paid dowry of #30k
Paid #20k for some traditional rites.

Gave the woman the Ddick and they are married with two beautiful kids...

Now, they worth more than #100m!

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by frakdon(m): 12:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
elektra:

I have noticed that weddings are only enjoyed by the visitors. The couples families always end up stressing and fighting. I’ve not heard of any wedding that family members did not fight or were unhappy about something. Somebody must complain about something!
I am unwilling to spend obscene amounts of money entertaining and feeding a bunch of people, while the people most important to me are more stressed than happy.

Please will you marry me, if i ask you to?
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by DabFrankNG: 12:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
Richy4:

haba!! Lord have mercy... smiley smiley

He did! The couple is now comfortable.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:40pm On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:

We did not even use suit. Just plain white material we sewed...
can u link me up with any ngo.. bsc pol sci willing to relocate...
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by chingle5(m): 12:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
OP Why do i feel like this whole thing is a SCAM
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by akojifred: 1:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:
I registered on this platform to tell my story and encourage other Nigerian youths who may have humble background like me, not to give up.

I did one of the craziest wedding in human history. I can’t stop laughing now as God has changed our story

COST OF THE WEDDING IN DETAIL:
Statutory marriage (court wedding) – took place in December, 2015

The court wedding was contracted at the marriage registry of Kano State, opposite Emir Sanusi’s palace, Kano municipal. Here are what I spent:
1) Wedding Certificate fee N8,000
2) Wedding ring N1,500
3) Clothes for the wedding for both of us (including sewing) N13, 600
4) Two crates of multina N5000
5) One carton of Digestive biscuit N600
6) Transport for both of us (kake napep) N200 (to and fro)

Total: N 28,900

No reception

Few invitees and no much celebrations

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:
I spent about 35,000 including clothes.

HOW IT STARTED

I was posted to Kano for my NYSC in 2014 August, Batch B. I fell in love with this beautiful lady and we had similar historical background. Before I completed my NYSC, I got admission to Bayero University for my master degree programme (march, 2015). I didn’t have what it takes for marriage and there was no help from anywhere. I really wanted to dump her and focus on my study but she never let me go.

She told me she want to go for master too, we hurriedly applied for her during the late application period, she was lucky she got admission to study community health. She took me to her parents who are based in Kaduna but are from Okrika in River state. Her parents are educated and gave me good advice and encourage us to get serious with our studies. The father told me to pay N5,000 as bride price and I spent about 30,000 for a very quiet traditional wedding.

In Kano, we live in a single room (self contain) opposite Bayero University gate, going to school together. I started a part time teaching with Al-Furkaan Science Academy with 18,000 salary and also work it for her to be teaching there too for 15,000 salary. The school management did not know that we are couple. Some teachers there were even trying to talk to her….
After our coursework, as if God was waiting for us to complete the coursework, boom!!! I was called by an agro allied company based in kano for interview. I applied online for the job. I got the job and we were both happy!!!

Three months later, my wife got a job with an NGO working in communities in Kano and Jigawa. Not long after, we moved to a two bedroom flat and got a car. We had a baby boy now and building a house in Otukpo, Benue state.

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……
Start little and God we increase it…
I was so ashamed then and the people laughing at us them are now coming to begg us for money and support.

Now my wife is saying we should do a flamboyant, expensive, and gorgeous church wedding and invite all the people we invited during the low-key court and traditional marriage...and invite all friends, foes and all the people laughing at us at that time....
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I KNOW SAY BENUE GUYS NO THEY TAKE LAST. AM HAPPY FO YOUR GUYS
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Owiii(m): 1:05pm On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:

She has to agree........the future is bigger......don't use your future to settle debts
Yes.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by thunderbabs: 1:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
All dz our girlfriends that can't marry a hustling guy earning even 40k monthly, una go tey for Shiloh ooo
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Duru009(m): 1:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
This can only happen when you marry your wife !

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by akdjr(m): 1:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
You have beat my record, I spent 35k and I only invited few family and friends 15 in total and it was a successful celebration. Now I am facing main reason behind married men beii refer to as "Responsible men" quote author=SecretSpy666 post=85672129]I registered on this platform to tell my story and encourage other Nigerian youths who may have humble background like me, not to give up.

I did one of the craziest wedding in human history. I can’t stop laughing now as God has changed our story

COST OF THE WEDDING IN DETAIL:
Statutory marriage (court wedding) – took place in December, 2015

The court wedding was contracted at the marriage registry of Kano State, opposite Emir Sanusi’s palace, Kano municipal. Here are what I spent:
1) Wedding Certificate fee N8,000
2) Wedding ring N1,500
3) Clothes for the wedding for both of us (including sewing) N13, 600
4) Two crates of multina N5000
5) One carton of Digestive biscuit N600
6) Transport for both of us (kake napep) N200 (to and fro)

Total: N 28,900

No reception

Few invitees and no much celebrations

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:
I spent about 35,000 including clothes.

HOW IT STARTED

I was posted to Kano for my NYSC in 2014 August, Batch B. I fell in love with this beautiful lady and we had similar historical background. Before I completed my NYSC, I got admission to Bayero University for my master degree programme (march, 2015). I didn’t have what it takes for marriage and there was no help from anywhere. I really wanted to dump her and focus on my study but she never let me go.

She told me she want to go for master too, we hurriedly applied for her during the late application period, she was lucky she got admission to study community health. She took me to her parents who are based in Kaduna but are from Okrika in River state. Her parents are educated and gave me good advice and encourage us to get serious with our studies. The father told me to pay N5,000 as bride price and I spent about 30,000 for a very quiet traditional wedding.

In Kano, we live in a single room (self contain) opposite Bayero University gate, going to school together. I started a part time teaching with Al-Furkaan Science Academy with 18,000 salary and also work it for her to be teaching there too for 15,000 salary. The school management did not know that we are couple. Some teachers there were even trying to talk to her….
After our coursework, as if God was waiting for us to complete the coursework, boom!!! I was called by an agro allied company based in kano for interview. I applied online for the job. I got the job and we were both happy!!!

Three months later, my wife got a job with an NGO working in communities in Kano and Jigawa. Not long after, we moved to a two bedroom flat and got a car. We had a baby boy now and building a house in Otukpo, Benue state.

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……
I was so ashamed then and the people laughing at us them are now coming to begg us for money and support.

Now my wife is saying we should do a flamboyant, expensive, and gorgeous church wedding and invite all the people we invited during the low-key court and traditional marriage...and invite all friends, foes and all the people laughing at us at that time....
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy[/quote]
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by AngryArmani: 1:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
How is this a testimony? God forbid

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by swedbase(m): 1:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
Congrats and good luck to you both even though i don't believe in inter tribal marriage.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by xpmode(m): 1:35pm On Jan 12, 2020
THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……

Testimonials
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by jaxxy(m): 1:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
At the end of the day it’s all about knowing what u want and what u really want to achieve.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by egopersonified(f): 1:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
Youngjohnosas:

one even after building the house bought a bus for her husband for commercial purpose.

e be like na your church my cousin dey go
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
elektra:

can I apply to marry you. you just stated my wish
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Sarang(f): 2:20pm On Jan 12, 2020
Wettoid123:

I believe you are a lady and you are talking like these have you not been attending other people marriage celebration how was it, or you are the very cheap one that will not even organise reception in his marriage celebration?
Please value yourself so that the man you get married to will value you,,I know men very well that same man will tell you tomorrow was it upto #50k I spend in marrying you? Women should be wise.

Ana akogheri

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pastor Olusegun Taiwo And Madam Wonder's Wedding Busted By Wife, Vicky (Photos) / How Many Men Still Do This In Nigeria ? (pics) / Parents, Please Always Preview Children Entertainment Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.