Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) (70624 Views)

I Still Masturbate Even After I Got Married / Beautiful Lady In Wheelchair Got Married To The Love Of Her Life / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Udemyacc: 5:42am On Jan 12, 2020
Quite conservative grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Nobody: 5:47am On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:
I registered on this platform to tell my story and encourage other Nigerian youths who may have humble background like me, not to give up.

I did one of the craziest wedding in human history. I can’t stop laughing now as God has changed our story

COST OF THE WEDDING IN DETAIL:
Statutory marriage (court wedding) – took place in December, 2015

The court wedding was contracted at the marriage registry of Kano State, opposite Emir Sanusi’s palace, Kano municipal. Here are what I spent:
1) Wedding Certificate fee N8,000
2) Wedding ring N1,500
3) Clothes for the wedding for both of us (including sewing) N13, 600
4) Two crates of multina N5000
5) One carton of Digestive biscuit N600
6) Transport for both of us (kake napep) N200 (to and fro)

Total: N 28,900

No reception

Few invitees and no much celebrations

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:
I spent about 35,000 including clothes.

HOW IT STARTED

I was posted to Kano for my NYSC in 2014 August, Batch B. I fell in love with this beautiful lady and we had similar historical background. Before I completed my NYSC, I got admission to Bayero University for my master degree programme (march, 2015). I didn’t have what it takes for marriage and there was no help from anywhere. I really wanted to dump her and focus on my study but she never let me go.

She told me she want to go for master too, we hurriedly applied for her during the late application period, she was lucky she got admission to study community health. She took me to her parents who are based in Kaduna but are from Okrika in River state. Her parents are educated and gave me good advice and encourage us to get serious with our studies. The father told me to pay N5,000 as bride price and I spent about 30,000 for a very quiet traditional wedding.

In Kano, we live in a single room (self contain) opposite Bayero University gate, going to school together. I started a part time teaching with Al-Furkaan Science Academy with 18,000 salary and also work it for her to be teaching there too for 15,000 salary. The school management did not know that we are couple. Some teachers there were even trying to talk to her….
After our coursework, as if God was waiting for us to complete the coursework, boom!!! I was called by an agro allied company based in kano for interview. I applied online for the job. I got the job and we were both happy!!!

Three months later, my wife got a job with an NGO working in communities in Kano and Jigawa. Not long after, we moved to a two bedroom flat and got a car. We had a baby boy now and building a house in Otukpo, Benue state.

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……
Start little and God we increase it…
I was so ashamed then and the people laughing at us them are now coming to begg us for money and support.

Now my wife is saying we should do a flamboyant, expensive, and gorgeous church wedding and invite all the people we invited during the low-key court and traditional marriage...and invite all friends, foes and all the people laughing at us at that time....
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;

D grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Good stuff
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Ladycewhy(f): 5:55am On Jan 12, 2020
Anyway to each his own, not every one likes loud weddings, but from your write up money constraint was the reason you had to go for what you can afford.people who can afford a loud wedding and actually went for it and they if they know it wont break their bank account all well and good.

The koko there is "cut your cloth according to your material",you cant have one yard and want to sew agbada.some people go all out to borrow just to fund their wedding which is crazy.

Personally i am a beach wedding kind of person,would rather use the money to fund an expensive honey moon. Heaven will not fall if i go to maldives for honey moon will it? So like i said to each his own.

Bottom line "nor go dey do pass you self". Do as your pocket reach.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by sayih90859: 6:07am On Jan 12, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Spectrum22: 6:08am On Jan 12, 2020
Amanee:
It's good that it worked out for you both

Truly he that finds a wife has found a good thing

He that finds a GOOD wife...
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Wettoid123: 6:24am On Jan 12, 2020
And you are proud to say you spend such sum in your marriage, once in a life time celebration or maybe the woman you marry only option is to get married quick,
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Sarang(f): 6:41am On Jan 12, 2020
Wettoid123:
And you are proud to say you spend such sum in your marriage, once in a life time celebration or maybe the woman you marry only option is to get married quick,

They are living well. That is the most important thing. Their marriage. Not how much was spent on wedding celebration

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by lanocfoods: 6:42am On Jan 12, 2020
I hope you've replaced the 1,500 ring? grin
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Akuruoulo(m): 6:45am On Jan 12, 2020
Amanee:
It's good that it worked out for you both
Truly he that finds a wife has found a good thing

HE THAT FINDS A "GOOD" WIFE HAS FOUND A GOOD THING

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:47am On Jan 12, 2020
Not all the people that took the rusk laugh at the end o. Some are regretting while some have separated
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by akingbatope: 6:47am On Jan 12, 2020
lawman88:

I think the lady grew up in the north and the parents in the north that make it possible for the OP. In my south south, even the family want to pity you, the community no go gree for this low budget traditional wedding.

May God help me find this kind lady and this kind family.....very understandable
thank God for that, once u have done it, there no need of wasting money again, God bless your ♥
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Arcbox(m): 6:51am On Jan 12, 2020
marriage is a beautiful thing especially when you have an understanding woman. I got married with same kind of experience. I had completed my masters degree but not with a stable income. we got married on a low starting but only God know were we are right now.i could only afford a traditional and court marriage then. in fact, this message I am writing from my PhD school in China. just be bold when making a decision and never think of what others will say. congratulations bro.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by whytepawn1(m): 6:52am On Jan 12, 2020
OkunrinMeta:

If you can't change the date you want to marry, maybe you can change the person you want to marry, if she is not ready
@the bolded...
Not an option. She is one in a million.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by AdewaleOlam: 6:57am On Jan 12, 2020
God bless your union
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by jp130(m): 7:05am On Jan 12, 2020
Check my signature to manage a football team while earning some MONEY
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by MrFly(m): 7:06am On Jan 12, 2020
no matter how humble u are, u cant pull this off if u have greedy inlaws. They can frustrate u even in ur dreams
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Codes151(m): 7:06am On Jan 12, 2020
Hope she recalls it. If it was worth it
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Shezkid: 7:08am On Jan 12, 2020
We4all:

Your story is quite inspiring, and I'm glad things worked out for you. But encouraging people to tow your path doesn't hold sway, cos it may backfire. I know a guy who did something similar, and 10 years down the line, he is poorer than he was.

The truth is, if you can afford a flamboyant wedding, by all means, do it! This is because, weddings are memorable, and are expected to take place once in a life time.

There are three chapters in one's life:birth, marriage and death. If people celebrate births and funerals, then weddings shouldn't be less celebrated.

Nevertheless, if you can't afford a loud wedding, then opt for something small with few guests. But make it simple and classy, and don't be like the OP, cos serving his guests biscuits was in bad taste.

Being poor is one thing, planning right is another. @OP, you shouldn't have entertained your guests with biscuits,(cos I assume they were all adults). Instead, 2 mudus of rice served in take away packs could have done the magic. And if there was less money for malt, then you could have opted for zobo drinks which is cheaper and even more delicious than malt drinks.

The problem most Nigerians have when it comes to weddings is that, while they can afford to cater for only 50 guests, they end up inviting 500, just so they can have more contributions from them.

If your budget can only entertain 50 people, then plan for that number and don't end up inviting more numbers so you don't serve them biscuits just like the OP.

You simply read to reply without getting his point.......
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by safarigirl(f): 7:09am On Jan 12, 2020
Sanchez01:

The South South is the most diverse in Nigeria compared to other region. It has the most concentration of ethnic and sub ethnic groups. Again, I stand by my earlier assertion because if anyone is asked to list or name areas where tooth and nails are required as bride price in the South South, anyone is more likely to mention Ibibio, one or two parts of Edo State, Ikwerre and maybe not more than five other tribes or groups. And then there are about 40 distinct tribes and more than 10 ethnic groups in the South South alone.

How then is it not MOST but SOME just because less than 10 ask for kidneys and livers?

The North has the most ethnic groups in Nigeria, there are over 60 distinct ethnic groups in Northern Nigeria, so no, that title does not belong to South South.

You did not say "MOST of the South South" you said "MOSTLY the South South" I hope you know these terms are NOT the same.

Less than 10 of the ethnic groups in the North ask for kidneys and livers, but you overlooked them to mention South South, where even the five or so that ask for kidneys and possibly, possibly have the most alarming figures for bride price in Nigeria. I, for one, know that a Kalabari bride is more expensive to marry, than anyone from the much maligned Imo State, and let me not speak on Ikwerre.

The North is where you find brides with chicken change, aside Hausa/Fulani, no other ethnic group in the North has high requirements for a bride.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by bomasek(m): 7:12am On Jan 12, 2020
So the list an Okrika man gave you for the traditional wedding amounted to just 35k,keep your lies to yourself. Nonsense story
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by alexvic12: 7:12am On Jan 12, 2020
Beautiful. A truly amazing story.

SecretSpy666:
I registered on this platform to tell my story and encourage other Nigerian youths who may have humble background like me, not to give up.

I did one of the craziest wedding in human history. I can’t stop laughing now as God has changed our story

The court wedding was contracted at the marriage registry of Kano State, opposite Emir Sanusi’s palace, Kano municipal. Here are what I spent:
2) Wedding ring N1,500

No reception

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:

HOW IT STARTED

I was posted to Kano for my NYSC in 2014 August, Batch B. I fell in love with this beautiful lady and we had similar historical background. Before I completed my NYSC, I got admission to Bayero University for my master degree programme (march, 2015). I didn’t have what it takes for marriage and there was no help from anywhere. I really wanted to dump her and focus on my study but she never let me go.

She told me she want to go for master too, we hurriedly applied for her during the late application period, she was lucky she got admission to study community health. She took me to her parents who are based in Kaduna but are from Okrika in River state. Her parents are educated and gave me good advice and encourage us to get serious with our studies. The father told me to pay N5,000 as bride price and I spent about 30,000 for a very quiet traditional wedding.

In Kano, we live in a single room (self contain) opposite Bayero University gate, going to school together. I started a part time teaching with Al-Furkaan Science Academy with 18,000 salary and also work it for her to be teaching there too for 15,000 salary. The school management did not know that we are couple. Some teachers there were even trying to talk to her….
After our coursework, as if God was waiting for us to complete the coursework, boom!!! I was called by an agro allied company based in kano for interview. I applied online for the job. I got the job and we were both happy!!!

Three months later, my wife got a job with an NGO working in communities in Kano and Jigawa. Not long after, we moved to a two bedroom flat and got a car. We had a baby boy now and building a house in Otukpo, Benue state.

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……
I was so ashamed then and the people laughing at us them are now coming to begg us for money and support.

Now my wife is saying we should do a flamboyant, expensive, and gorgeous church wedding and invite all the people we invited during the low-key court and traditional marriage...and invite all friends, foes and all the people laughing at us at that time....
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by AndLeo(m): 7:14am On Jan 12, 2020
We4all:

Your story is quite inspiring, and I'm glad things worked out for you. But encouraging people to tow your path doesn't hold sway, cos it may backfire. I know a guy who did something similar, and 10 years down the line, he is poorer than he was.

The truth is, if you can afford a flamboyant wedding, by all means, do it! This is because, weddings are memorable, and are expected to take place once in a life time.

There are three chapters in one's life:birth, marriage and death. If people celebrate births and funerals, then weddings shouldn't be less celebrated.

Nevertheless, if you can't afford a loud wedding, then opt for something small with few guests. But make it simple and classy, and don't be like the OP, cos serving his guests biscuits was in bad taste.

Being poor is one thing, planning right is another. @OP, you shouldn't have entertained your guests with biscuits,(cos I assume they were all adults). Instead, 2 mudus of rice served in take away packs could have done the magic. And if there was less money for malt, then you could have opted for zobo drinks which is cheaper and even more delicious than malt drinks.

The problem most Nigerians have when it comes to weddings is that, while they can afford to cater for only 50 guests, they end up inviting 500, just so they can have more contributions from them.

If your budget can only entertain 50 people, then plan for that number and don't end up inviting more numbers so you don't serve them biscuits just like the OP.

You were making sense until you started saying he should have, could have, would have. He should have as well bought a gold wedding ring or get more classy clothes because he was wedding. He gave his guest malt and biscuit and you are saying he should have given them something else.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Solexgzy(m): 7:16am On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:

2) Wedding ring N1,500

No reception

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:

HOW IT STARTED

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……

mhen this is a jackpot
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by jogsman01(m): 7:26am On Jan 12, 2020
Richy4:
And u are showing us pictures with nice wedding gown and suits..U should have posted the 13k suit to encourage the readers more haba!!! smiley
something is surely wrong with the OP. I think he wants to be a motivational speaker. He's just using this platform to practice. Radarada!

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Nixxxx(m): 7:26am On Jan 12, 2020
You are a joke and you couldn't show us both your pictures

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by godfrey01(m): 7:26am On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:

2) Wedding ring N1,500

No reception

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:

HOW IT STARTED

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……

The family I believe grew up in the North and the girl too also I believe grew up in the north. I was there, would have married even for free, will not even spend up to that your 28k, but I didn't...
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Wantedmiller: 7:26am On Jan 12, 2020
womenareapes:
"wedding is the last and first experience in your lifetime"

Yeye undecided

What of divorce? undecided

Get away from us you women of shallow minded and fish brain likeness undecided

All you women ever think of is marriage marriage marriage undecided

No single business proposal is on ya mind!

Just how to carry your frustration and dump on one man angry

Marriage is a big scam

why i kept quiet because of that rubbish she wrote there.......still worries me.

marriage this .....marriage that......life time rubbish

thanks for answering her properly......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by jogsman01(m): 7:30am On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:

We did not even use suit. Just plain white material we sewed...
what about the 35k for traditional wedding? Oga wannabe motivational speaker, pls avoid us on NL

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Joshuazedd(m): 7:36am On Jan 12, 2020
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Wantedmiller: 7:36am On Jan 12, 2020
Wettoid123:

will you shut up and pass........life time celebration finish you there..

who told you is a life time celebration?

read the story ,pick your lesson and move on.....
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Nixxxx(m): 7:37am On Jan 12, 2020
What was your first sex position with your wife? Secondly be sincere does she give good head

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pastor Olusegun Taiwo And Madam Wonder's Wedding Busted By Wife, Vicky (Photos) / How Many Men Still Do This In Nigeria ? (pics) / Parents, Please Always Preview Children Entertainment Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.