Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,302 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) (70553 Views)

I Still Masturbate Even After I Got Married / Beautiful Lady In Wheelchair Got Married To The Love Of Her Life / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Judybash93(m): 12:35am On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:

We did not even use suit. Just plain white material we sewed...

I'm happy that he didn't meet all these slay Queens. He's a lucky man

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Adams12345: 12:38am On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:
I registered on this platform to tell my story and encourage other Nigerian youths who may have humble background like me, not to give up.

I did one of the craziest wedding in human history. I can’t stop laughing now as God has changed our story

COST OF THE WEDDING IN DETAIL:
Statutory marriage (court wedding) – took place in December, 2015

The court wedding was contracted at the marriage registry of Kano State, opposite Emir Sanusi’s palace, Kano municipal. Here are what I spent:
1) Wedding Certificate fee N8,000
2) Wedding ring N1,500
3) Clothes for the wedding for both of us (including sewing) N13, 600
4) Two crates of multina N5000
5) One carton of Digestive biscuit N600
6) Transport for both of us (kake napep) N200 (to and fro)

Total: N 28,900

No reception

Few invitees and no much celebrations

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:
I spent about 35,000 including clothes.

HOW IT STARTED

I was posted to Kano for my NYSC in 2014 August, Batch B. I fell in love with this beautiful lady and we had similar historical background. Before I completed my NYSC, I got admission to Bayero University for my master degree programme (march, 2015). I didn’t have what it takes for marriage and there was no help from anywhere. I really wanted to dump her and focus on my study but she never let me go.

She told me she want to go for master too, we hurriedly applied for her during the late application period, she was lucky she got admission to study community health. She took me to her parents who are based in Kaduna but are from Okrika in River state. Her parents are educated and gave me good advice and encourage us to get serious with our studies. The father told me to pay N5,000 as bride price and I spent about 30,000 for a very quiet traditional wedding.

In Kano, we live in a single room (self contain) opposite Bayero University gate, going to school together. I started a part time teaching with Al-Furkaan Science Academy with 18,000 salary and also work it for her to be teaching there too for 15,000 salary. The school management did not know that we are couple. Some teachers there were even trying to talk to her….
After our coursework, as if God was waiting for us to complete the coursework, boom!!! I was called by an agro allied company based in kano for interview. I applied online for the job. I got the job and we were both happy!!!

Three months later, my wife got a job with an NGO working in communities in Kano and Jigawa. Not long after, we moved to a two bedroom flat and got a car. We had a baby boy now and building a house in Otukpo, Benue state.

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……
Start little and God we increase it…
I was so ashamed then and the people laughing at us them are now coming to begg us for money and support.

Now my wife is saying we should do a flamboyant, expensive, and gorgeous church wedding and invite all the people we invited during the low-key court and traditional marriage...and invite all friends, foes and all the people laughing at us at that time....
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I congratulate you bros, wish you guys a happy married life

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Biodun1929(m): 12:42am On Jan 12, 2020
jidamsel43:
Yoruba ladies over to you. Can you accept this kind of wedding?

If your wife to be is understandable , it is possible to achieve this but ladies nowadays do not want to settle for SURULERE ( struggling) again, they prefer OLORUNSOGO (high class).

To convince a lady to accept this in Lagos , you have to be on 75 days marathon fasting .

grin grin
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Biodun1929(m): 12:46am On Jan 12, 2020
elektra:
I also don’t want a wedding reception.
I want to go to registry and go for my honey moon.

I have noticed that weddings are only enjoyed by the visitors. The couples families always end up stressing and fighting. I’ve not heard of any wedding that family members did not fight or were unhappy about something. Somebody must complain about something!
I am unwilling to spend obscene amounts of money entertaining and feeding a bunch of people, while the people most important to me are more stressed than happy.

I feel you. For my sister's wedding some years back I lost weight just because of the wahala. Naija wedding get too much wahala.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by ADRIAN88(m): 12:52am On Jan 12, 2020
Op at least upload the 1/2 yard babariga you and wifey take wear that blessed day na, even the keke napep sef, upload am join make tory sweet from beginning to the end. I know say na blackberry curve 7 you for dey use that year grin
PS- Jokes her pant, this is really inspiring to say the least, but I'm still not taking your advice all the same. #TeamSingleAndNotSearching

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Joystark(f): 1:03am On Jan 12, 2020
I've always disliked elaborate weddings.

God willing, I'd like to wed before less than 20 people. Close friends and family.
Less money, less stress, less noise.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by yak(m): 1:07am On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:
I registered on this platform to tell my story and encourage other Nigerian youths who may have humble background like me, not to give up.

I did one of the craziest wedding in human history. I can’t stop laughing now as God has changed our story

The court wedding was contracted at the marriage registry of Kano State, opposite Emir Sanusi’s palace, Kano municipal. Here are what I spent:
2) Wedding ring N1,500

No reception

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:

HOW IT STARTED

I was posted to Kano for my NYSC in 2014 August, Batch B. I fell in love with this beautiful lady and we had similar historical background. Before I completed my NYSC, I got admission to Bayero University for my master degree programme (march, 2015). I didn’t have what it takes for marriage and there was no help from anywhere. I really wanted to dump her and focus on my study but she never let me go.

She told me she want to go for master too, we hurriedly applied for her during the late application period, she was lucky she got admission to study community health. She took me to her parents who are based in Kaduna but are from Okrika in River state. Her parents are educated and gave me good advice and encourage us to get serious with our studies. The father told me to pay N5,000 as bride price and I spent about 30,000 for a very quiet traditional wedding.

In Kano, we live in a single room (self contain) opposite Bayero University gate, going to school together. I started a part time teaching with Al-Furkaan Science Academy with 18,000 salary and also work it for her to be teaching there too for 15,000 salary. The school management did not know that we are couple. Some teachers there were even trying to talk to her….
After our coursework, as if God was waiting for us to complete the coursework, boom!!! I was called by an agro allied company based in kano for interview. I applied online for the job. I got the job and we were both happy!!!

Three months later, my wife got a job with an NGO working in communities in Kano and Jigawa. Not long after, we moved to a two bedroom flat and got a car. We had a baby boy now and building a house in Otukpo, Benue state.

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……
I was so ashamed then and the people laughing at us them are now coming to begg us for money and support.

Now my wife is saying we should do a flamboyant, expensive, and gorgeous church wedding and invite all the people we invited during the low-key court and traditional marriage...and invite all friends, foes and all the people laughing at us at that time....

One thing I want to beg is that u must not maltreat that lady now that things are getting better for u because if she cries for u...
Both God and the god's will come for u...
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Ibfpleasant(m): 1:28am On Jan 12, 2020
I’m only concerned about that location you are building your house.. God will guild and protect you and your family.. Yoruba Girls that prefer wedding to marriage, you see how happy these guys are ?

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by AreaFada2: 1:32am On Jan 12, 2020
It's only some modern people with ojukokoro that this will be strange to.

Why even all these elaborate white wedding, traditional, this and that wedding sef?

How many oyinbo do our traditional wedding?

At least OP showed that you can do it without getting into debt to impress people.

HML.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by digitalbabalawo(m): 1:33am On Jan 12, 2020
nice
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Cchuks27(m): 1:38am On Jan 12, 2020
Octopusssy:
You took quite a risk but thank Jesus it ended in praise. If your foundation has the spirit of poverty embedded therein then the story would have turned out differently.

I admire your courage but I won't advice my sister to enter into such a marriage. We no come this life to suffer abeg.

Be that as it may, your story points to the immutable fact that you don't need a noisy wedding to have a successful marriage.

Sandra Ikeji, take note.

Lol you're saying Sandra Ikeji take note. Do you know her story? Do you know about the Ikeji's? I'm sure you must have read from Linda how much they suffered while growing up. So why you hating now? Even the OP said his wife even suggested doing a big wedding. In conclusion, if you can do a nice flamboyant wedding, by all means do it. No use poverty kill yourself. YOLO!

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by FromZeroToHero(m): 1:42am On Jan 12, 2020
Don't despise the days of little beginning.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Wickedtruths: 1:43am On Jan 12, 2020
Important lesson to everyone. Cut your cloth according to your cloth.

If you can afford 3M wedding and it won't hurt you, do it.
If you can afford 29k wedding and it won't hurt you, do it.

Don't let anyone put you in a straitjacket cos of some yeye standards or idea.

5 Likes

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Nobody: 2:06am On Jan 12, 2020
For those saying wife material are you a husband material too.
For me in the south wife to be no dey...
Secondly this can only happen in the north where you can see decent ladies for marriage
Simple argue your acestors

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 12, 2020
But seriously is marriage necessary can't someone have babe Mama's na. Simple
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Burchester: 2:33am On Jan 12, 2020
Interesting
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by tiziano(m): 2:34am On Jan 12, 2020
Hustle oo
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Ebenezar2020(m): 2:57am On Jan 12, 2020
OPTIMUSPRIME08:
Making it's out of life is always easier in the north
This cant happen for south east.
never.
you dey mind Those people
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by bummyla(m): 3:12am On Jan 12, 2020
May GOD Continue To Bless Your Home Through Christ Jesus Our LORD And SAVIOUR! Amen!

SecretSpy666:

2) Wedding ring N1,500

No reception

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:

HOW IT STARTED

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by WorWorBoy: 3:19am On Jan 12, 2020
Sanchez01:

[b]Mostly the South South[/b]and some parts of the South West. The problem with the latter is that most of the families live for parties, so even when the bride price is cheap, you might not escape the reception.

As per the South South, most of them are so cheap that you are good to go with very little and wouldn't bother with party sef.

You do have an amazing lady. Most ladies around today live for the glamour of their weddings and wouldn't compromise the Bella Naija kind of wedding in their heads. A friend said she must have all the three weddings, particularly the church's because she wants to use it to 'honour God'. Crazy.

Big, small, medium, quiet or loud, it is most about staying married and not just getting married. Congratulations, brother.
Be specific which part of south south are you talking about?
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by shege45: 4:08am On Jan 12, 2020
Funkybabee:
You should have share ur pics to inspire well well. Though ur story is cool and it good to start small but no matter what, wedding is once and one thing we experience in life.. No experience from our naming or burial but wedding is the last and first we will never forget till the last breath!!! If you don't have much, invite little but ensure it's classy and glamorous even with your cheap dress..

Enjoy ur beautiful marriage, not everyone us lucky
forget, dem dey do wedding multiple times
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by golddare: 4:17am On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:

2) Wedding ring N1,500

No reception

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:

HOW IT STARTED

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……

You sha owe us a plate of rice and drinks. Anyways, make sure you pray about it before you decides to do a flamboyant whatever, so that you will not work against your star. You dont need to proof a point or owe anyone.

You might have been successful because of your humility or because the "bad people" were taken unaware of your prospects in life, dont wake them up if you are not ready spiritually for them.

Wait till when you have crossed the bench mark of poverty to prosperity. Once again, my humble opinion.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Bigii(m): 4:18am On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:

2) Wedding ring N1,500

No reception

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:

HOW IT STARTED

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……

Eje! grin grin grin
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by BlackAdam55(m): 4:20am On Jan 12, 2020
Poverty marriage, he didn't even carry Ohurikaka on top of her head lol.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Sanchez01: 4:24am On Jan 12, 2020
safarigirl:
which part of the South South? Is it Kalabari or Ikwerre? Maybe Efik? Which mostly South South?

Please, correct to PARTS of the South South, before someone will think they can enter Bonny Island with a miserable budget to marry wife
The South South is the most diverse in Nigeria compared to other region. It has the most concentration of ethnic and sub ethnic groups. Again, I stand by my earlier assertion because if anyone is asked to list or name areas where tooth and nails are required as bride price in the South South, anyone is more likely to mention Ibibio, one or two parts of Edo State, Ikwerre and maybe not more than five other tribes or groups. And then there are about 40 distinct tribes and more than 10 ethnic groups in the South South alone.

How then is it not MOST but SOME just because less than 10 ask for kidneys and livers?
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Amumaigwe: 4:38am On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:

2) Wedding ring N1,500

No reception

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:

HOW IT STARTED

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……

Your wife is a rare breed. I give her all the kudos for sticking with you inspite of the mockery she must have faced before her family and friends when it didn't make sense to any of them why she locked you down. Such a visionary woman.
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Nobody: 5:12am On Jan 12, 2020
SecretSpy666:

2) Wedding ring N1,500

No reception

TRADITIONAL WEDDING:

HOW IT STARTED

THIS IS MY TESTIMONY……

Congratualations @op most especially to your wife. It is only this kind of women that has the right to be posessive and be entitled to all her husband has, not thoses hoes that comes to a home with nothing
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by Chapelbeatz(m): 5:23am On Jan 12, 2020
Richy4:
And u are showing us pictures with nice wedding gown and suits..U should have posted the 13k suit to encourage the readers more haba!!! smiley
Haba brother

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by showafrica(m): 5:32am On Jan 12, 2020
Richy4:
And u are showing us pictures with nice wedding gown and suits..U should have posted the 13k suit to encourage the readers more haba!!! smiley

On point my brother... That thing worked bc na north, if na south, e no go work
Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by delawal: 5:35am On Jan 12, 2020
u got married with just 28,900? who did u get married to ; a Nigerian or Alice in wonderland?

1 Like

Re: How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) by frugal(m): 5:38am On Jan 12, 2020
We4all:

The truth is, if you can afford a flamboyant wedding, by all means, do it! This is because, weddings are memorable, and are expected to take place once in a life time.

9ice would disagree with you cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple / How Many Men Still Do This In Nigeria ? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.