Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne (91997 Views)

Ohi Of Okene, HRH Isah Okatahi Holds Grand Reception Of His Coronation In Style / Enitan Ogunwusi, Ooni Of Ife's 3rd Anniversary On The Throne / Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Champagnemami(f): 1:53am On Jan 11, 2020
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Champagnemami(f): 1:53am On Jan 11, 2020
embarassed cry
Oh this man, this very great man kiss

Vincent chukwuemeka Ike.

Potters wheel was one of my favorite books growing up.

And then toads for super, when d guy lost his dad and his mom wouldn't stop wailing. Bottled leopard....awww

Such great literary icon

I hope your grandson is located soon

10 Likes

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by BlackSeptember: 2:10am On Jan 11, 2020
I remember reading Bottled Leopard back in 1997 in my secondary school days and the meaning was lost on me until I read it in the 2000s and the meaning finally opened itself to me.

I also read his Sunset at dawn which is an expository about the Biafra war.

I read a lot of books from those African Writer Series back then and I can tell you that my best still remains ARROW OF GOD by CChinua Achebe.

2 Likes

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by EmekaMD(m): 2:20am On Jan 11, 2020
I read Conspiracy of Silence by Chukwuemeka Ike.
One of his most thrilling books..
Jee nke oma Prof

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Nobody: 4:57am On Jan 11, 2020
I was aware of this story not long after we entered 2019. I mean, how the professor's daughter in-law took away her son to where her husbands people won't have access to their son.

I wonder why an african woman will make her son inaccessible to his people that he needs to connect with physically, emotional and spiritually. Even if she was bitter towards her husband when he was alive, it shouldn't make her not to make their son accessible to her father in-law.

Before I forget, R.I.P Professor Chukwuemeka Ike.
The only work from you that I have read is the Portal's Wheel; my father has so many of your works but law books have not given me breathing space to explore books from other field.

Once again, journey well Professor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by NDIOGAH(m): 5:41am On Jan 11, 2020
marrying from your village/community is advisable, but this coconut generation dont listen.

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Cosmatikka: 6:25am On Jan 11, 2020
Please who knows where I can buy "The bottled leopard"?
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by nabiz(m): 6:36am On Jan 11, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

False.. If you like marry from even your family, when there is no love, no sense, no maturity and no money... Marital travails will continue abated
he is right
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by LabDNA: 6:40am On Jan 11, 2020
Marry from your community or at least your region. It will help keep things uncomplicated to a large extent.

7 Likes

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Hisduchess(f): 6:41am On Jan 11, 2020
Osagyefo98:
The Great Iroko has fallen!

HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike is dead.

Words can't describe this man... His death is a big loss to the literary world, to his community Ndikelionwu, the entire Anambra State.
THE BOTTLED LEOPARD was amongst his popular works..
He died at 88!

May his soul rest in peace. Amen.

Meanwhile

Eze Chukwuemeka Ike Heartbreakingly In Search For His Only Grandson

EZE PROFESSOR CHUKWUEMEKA IKE HEARTBREAKINGLY IN SEARCH FOR HIS ONLY GRANDSON AND ONLY SURVIVING OFFSPRING.
His majesty Eze Prof. Chukwuemeka Ike, Ugwu Aro, OFR, NNOM, Ikelionwu X1. Eze Ndikelionwu, a writer of note and author SUNSET AT DAWN, THE BOTTLED LEOPARD and many other novels is the traditional ruler of Ndikelionwu community in Orumba North Local government area of Anambra State. He is now 88 years old and married to Ugoeze Prof. Adebimpe Ike who will turn 86 years on June 29, 2019.
They had an only child Prince Ositadinma Nnanyelugo Olusaya Adeolu Ike (hereinafter referred to as Prince Osita). Prince Osita who died on December 16, 2016 was married to Princess Osarunwense Eghosa Ike (daughter of chief Prof. Emmanuel U. Emovon, CON, FAS, KSP, JP Obayagbona of Benin Kingdom.
The marriage between Prince Osita and Princess Osaru was blessed with the birth of Prince Chukwuemeka Osaretin Ayoade Ike(hereinafter referred to as the Chukwuemeka Ike II) who was born on January 23, 1998. He is now 21 years old.
In the course of our long-standing relationship and friendship with Prof Ike family, it came to our notice that there is a sorrowful and heartbreaking situation which is silently and gradually tearing Prof Ike family and eating them up and thereby dragging them even nearer to their graves. Chukwuemeka Ike II is the only surviving offspring of the Prof. Ike family and they have not seen him or heard from him since he was 11 years.
From the information available to us, the marriage between Prince Osita and Princess Osaru didn't go well and they were in the middle of divorce proceedings when Prince Osita sadly died in 2016. Even before the commencent of the divorce proceedings, chukwuemeka Ike II has been taken away to a place unknown to Ike family to which they didn't and still do not have access. The worst part of the situation is that Ike family do not have any information regarding the whereabouts of Chukwuemeka Ike II despite all the efforts they had made for several years requesting access and or information from Prof Emovon Family.
The grandparents of Chukwuemeka Ike II are both over 86years and gradually but painfully nearing their graves in the knowledge that they have a 21 year old grandson_ the heir apparent to the Ndikelionwu throne and only surviving offspring of Prof Ike family who they do not have access to. This is the unfortunate and sad situation we have on our hands for which reason we raise the following issues/questions to wit:
1, Are the Prof Ike family entitled to access to Chukwuemeka Ike II?
2, Are the Prof Ike family entitled to information regarding the whereabouts of Chukwuemeka Ike II?
3, Is it fair and just to deny and continue to deny Prof Ike family access and contact to Chukwuemeka Ike II?
4, Having attained the age of 21 years, is it fair and just to deprive and continue to deprive Chukwuemeka Ike II of the love, care and access to his paternal grandparents?
It is in search of the above issues/questions that we passionately appeal to the conscience of the general public and well-meaning Nigerians to bring it to bear on Prof. Emovon particularly Princess Osaru to bring this painful and tortuous episode to an end. In making this appeal, we state that the sole purpose of this exponsure is not only to let Prof Ike family to know the whereabouts of their grandson- Chukwuemeka Ike II but also to have access to him. This will bring joy and happiness to their lives again so that even when to they are dying, they will die a happy death. Also in making this appeal, we state that we are not oblivious of the fact that both families may have made some mistakes in doing what they ought not to have done and in saying what they ought not to have said. We are not ready to apportion blames. All we seek is that this matter comes to an end.

The very best of them is gone.your novel helped made my childhood a fun one.THE POTTER'S WHEEL was one of the best novels I ever read. Read that novel more than 5 times during my primary school days.may you rest in the bosom of God nnukwu nwoke mara nnukwu akwukwo cry

2 Likes

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Hisduchess(f): 6:44am On Jan 11, 2020
NDIOGAH:
marrying from your village/community is advisable, but this coconut generation dont listen.

Everything is love for this our generation, they believe that once you love someone everything automatically balances but I laugh in Swahili shaa grin grin

3 Likes

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:52am On Jan 11, 2020
I just hope the kingsmakers and the chiefs in the kingdom would not turn the community to bloodbath while dragging for who will replace him
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Yujin(m): 6:59am On Jan 11, 2020
Osagyefo98:

I don't know why the Benin woman is bent on punishing the old and now late king.

This is your original intention of starting this thread- to stir up dissension wherever among Southerners. I trust that many have already profiled you accordingly.
All your rigmarolling with your other handles are all noted. You're only fooling around.

6 Likes

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by babyfaceafrica: 7:18am On Jan 11, 2020
nabiz:
he is right

How is he right?... Look people find love in a lot of places, what if I can't find love in my village or tribe, I shouldn't shouldn't shouldn't marry?... Let us pray to marry the right person

3 Likes

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by babyfaceafrica: 7:21am On Jan 11, 2020
Hisduchess:

Everything is love for this our generation, they believe that once you love someone everything automatically balances but I laugh in Swahili shaa grin grin

In as much as I agree that love alone is never enough, I also to not subscribe to that idea that one must marry from his tribe/village alone. The world has become global now and migration is at its peak.. If I can't find my village gal to marry where I go hustle, won't I marry another person I connect with?

4 Likes

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by LadySarah: 7:33am On Jan 11, 2020
So what will happen if another becomes king.?
Im sorry about his situation but some traditions has to be changed.

If you want to laugh your heads off, read his recent work,the potters wheel.

Rip Sir

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 11, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

How is he right?... Look people find love in a lot of places, what if I can't find love in my village or tribe, I shouldn't shouldn't shouldn't marry?... Let us pray to marry the right person

Everything is not about love please.

These scenario is a case of what love without wisdom landed them into.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by tjfulloption(m): 8:22am On Jan 11, 2020
This is so pathetic, I shed tears while reading this, onbehalve of myself, my family and my entire great people of Kebbi State and Nigeria at large, the Princess should please bring out Price Ike II for him to asend the throne of his father. While the state government should intercede into this long time family feud for an amicable resolution.
May soul of the departed rest in perfect peace.
Long live the Ike' s lineage.

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by seniormallam(m): 8:34am On Jan 11, 2020
She brought Benin tradition to Igbo land....... Oba don't see eye to eye with the heir to the throne until the Oba is late.

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Bynz: 8:48am On Jan 11, 2020
They don't know that love can be feign and also be used as a trap they don't know

Hisduchess:

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by dipson4u08(m): 9:33am On Jan 11, 2020
RIP TO HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS ...
SUCH A SAD STORY FOR A STRONG NOVELIST...
I READ HIS BOOK THE BOTTLED LEOPARD IN MY JSS1..
HIS LIFE STORY IS A NOVEL THO.... cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by ityP(m): 10:49am On Jan 11, 2020
Citytrend:
Thank God it's not the Emeka Ike I know.
Rest In Peace to the Dead

In UJ ba
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by AdonaiAluminium: 10:53am On Jan 11, 2020
Then kingship has departed from his family line

Contact us now for all your roofing jobs, roof repair and maintenance etc
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by TheOutlaw: 10:54am On Jan 11, 2020
One of my favourite childhood authors along with Kola Onadipe and Cyprian Ekwensi. RIP Prof

Racoon:
shocked RIP Prof.Remember him back then in Faculty of Arts.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by dominique(f): 10:54am On Jan 11, 2020
My dad has his books in his library. I read Toads for supper years ago but I can't seem to remember the storyline. I think he was also the author of one novel "My Mercedes is bigger than yours". Such a phenomenal writer he was, RIP great icon

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Victorclean1: 10:55am On Jan 11, 2020
The evil effect of marrying from other tribes. Ooni of ife married another tribe and it did not go well, he remarried. Why marry Adebimpe or from Benin.

Sorry sorry sorry, you got it wrong

2 Likes

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 11, 2020
Chai...see mistake. Marrying from dat Benin i fear so much. Every one should point fingers at dat woman nd her pple ooh

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Faithemike(f): 10:59am On Jan 11, 2020
Is the late man's wife from his village? Is she not yoruba too abi you no read the story finish?
irepnaija4eva:
IT Would have been easier if the said prince married within their village all these wahala won't have surfaced...

That's why it is very important for all royal families marry within.

5 Likes

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Sermwell(m): 10:59am On Jan 11, 2020
funny enough this man wrote a book titled
"our children are coming"
and now his only grand child cannot come and take the throne!
RIP to this literary icon

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Anusiemgood(m): 11:00am On Jan 11, 2020
The title if the movie... The missing king

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / A Yoruba Poem- Ise Logun Ise (work Is The Antidote For Poverty)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.