Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne (91993 Views)

Ohi Of Okene, HRH Isah Okatahi Holds Grand Reception Of His Coronation In Style / Enitan Ogunwusi, Ooni Of Ife's 3rd Anniversary On The Throne / Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Armaggedon: 3:48am On Jan 12, 2020
CeterisXVII:

They are NOT isolated.....they are many, and such inter-tribal marriages, run into millions. If you were raised in any cosmopolitan city in Nigeria ( like Lagos, Port-harcourt, Abuja etc), you would realise that inter-tribal marriages are quite common.

Many years ago, people travelled widely within Nigeria for business, commerce, trade and education, from the south to the north and vice versa.

Several of those itinerant traders, took spouses from the communities they settled in, or traded with. A lot of men were polygamous in the past, so such things were common practice.

Unfortnately, people who were raised in their own villages, and schooled within their own ethnic region, and hardly travelled outside their area until they were full grown adults, often it difficult to understand this.
stop flogging a dead horse
The issue is not whether they run into millions ( which is rather an outrageous claim) the issue is Do intertribal marriages come with their own separate problems? If you answer in the affirmative, then it settles it.

As for your pathetic attempt to make it an educated man's endeavor, take your preachings to Buckingham palace, the custodians of the English civilization where such marriage is tearing them apart. Rebellious minds won't cease to exist. people who rebel against their families, rebel against nature and rebel against the truth. wherever you fall into, whether the so-called educated one trying to prove he is liberal or simply a rebel trying desperately to assert his independent mindset, know you that none is exempted from the laws of nature and none can cheat nature. The case under consideration comes to mind.

I have seen matured couple who acknowledge this problem and working to keep the union going but to deny that this problems exist is a height of foolhardiness.

edited

oh I noticed you are the same person with ladyhippolyta80 smh go get a life.

no more replies from me.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Cantonese: 4:51am On Jan 12, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Even if the person has never been to benin before and stays in Australia?.. He/she must still fly down because ọba calls?.. Seriously!

Seriously. The Oba of Benin is the most reverred king in the whole of this country. What he says, his actions carry plenty of weight. Please take your time to ask and Bini person who knows himself very well and who does not want any trouble in his/her life.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:54am On Jan 12, 2020
CeterisXVII:

God bless you always!! Your post make sense, die! cool cheesy
Amen,Thank you.
CeterisXVII:

You dey mind am? shocked See the myopic arguments he is putting forward....and yet he claims to be educated.

Ask him if divorce cases have not occurred, between couples from the same community in his area, and you will hear the convoluted answer that will come from his keyboard.... angry

If sharing the same ethnicity was all it took for any marriage to succeed, many lawyers will be out of work.
Inter tribal or inter racial marriages are good to me.
They had nothing tangible to back up their arguments other than ethnic bias and sentiments we have a long way to go in this country.

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by NDIOGAH(m): 7:11am On Jan 12, 2020
foolish woman your is going to worst

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by shadeyinka(m): 8:32am On Jan 12, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Pure fact! Very true! May the wisdom God deposited inside all of you, continue to increase o jaré!
Amen. And to you too!

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Youngjohnosas: 9:02am On Jan 12, 2020
back2sender:

Benin woman, Tufiakwa!!! God forbid. Even men in Edo run away from them.
dumb fellow from the yeast. always quick to attack and when targeted begin to wail marginalization.

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Ojiofor: 11:54am On Jan 12, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Lies from the pit of hell. If there is no compatibility between the couple, if you like come from the next street inside the same village, that marriage will scatter like dried okra.

In fact, when people come from the same village, they know the exact way to deal ruthlessly with their spouses.

Did the late Chukwuemeka Ike himself, marry from his community? Or his village?

You seems not to understand the issue at hand.
The late king have been searching for his grandson who was taking away by his Bini mother. My point is that if that Bini woman was Igbo she will understand that the child belongs to the father and her family won't even support because its against our tradition and culture.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
Cantonese:

Seriously. The Oba of Benin is the most reverred king in the whole of this country. What he says, his actions carry plenty of weight. Please take your time to ask and Bini person who knows himself very well and who does not want any trouble in his/her life.

His powers starts and ends in all Benin local governments.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Youngjohnosas: 7:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Stay in Benin with that your stories and don't disturb our peace here biko.
no need coming back, You can go perish with your hate while u guys are worse than those people you are condemning.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
Youngjohnosas:
no need coming back, You can go perish with your hate while u guys are worse than those people you are condemning.

Thank you.

Please can I have the location of your plot of land for off selling.....We don't need likes of you in Igboland.

We don't want our value to be corrupted..

Stay in Benin and procreate but let us be and remove your eyes from Igbo issues.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by CeterisXVII: 7:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
Ojiofor:
You seems not to understand the issue at hand.
The late king have been searching for his grandson who was taking away by his Bini mother. My point is that if that Bini woman was Igbo she will understand that the child belongs to the father and her family won't even support because its against our tradition and culture.
And did they tell you that in Bini culture, the child does not belong to the man's family? When their son married the Bini woman, wasnt her family present? Why didn't they ask her family to tell her to return the child?
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Youngjohnosas: 7:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Thank you.

Please can I have the location of your plot of land for off selling.....We don't need likes of you in Igboland.

We don't want our value to be corrupted..

Stay in Benin and procreate but let us be and remove your eyes from Igbo issues.
you welcome.

the only value I can deduce from an average igbo man is hatred. I have never put my eyes in your issues but Your constant bashing of other tribes especially the Benin people is totally uncalled for,You guys are worse off than the binis U are castigating.

1 Like

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by CeterisXVII: 7:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
Armaggedon:
stop flogging a dead horse
The issue is not whether they run into millions ( which is rather an outrageous claim) the issue is Do intertribal marriages come with their own separate problems? If you answer in the affirmative, then it settles it.

As for your pathetic attempt to make it an educated man's endeavor, take your preachings to Buckingham palace, the custodians of the English civilization where such marriage is tearing them apart. Rebellious minds won't cease to exist. people who rebel against their families, rebel against nature and rebel against the truth. wherever you fall into, whether the so-called educated one trying to prove he is liberal or simply a rebel trying desperately to assert his independent mindset, know you that none is exempted from the laws of nature and none can cheat nature. The case under consideration comes to mind.

I have seen matured couple who acknowledge this problem and working to keep the union going but to deny that this problems exist is a height of foolhardiness.

edited

oh I noticed you are the same person with ladyhippolyta80 smh go get a life.

no more replies from me.

Every marriage has its own challenges. Trying to discredit inter-tribal marriages as problematic or unsustainable, is myopic.

Whether couples hail from the same ethnic group, or they come from different ethnic groups, what matters most is the ability of such a couple to identify and resolve whatever challenges they face.

You mentioned Buckingham palace and it was hilarious. Even in that same palace, Prince Charles divorced the late Princess Diana. Didn't they both have the same cultural background?

Princess Anne the daughter of Queen Elizabeth II got married to Captain Mark Philips. Didn't they get divorced, despite the fact that they were both British?

What about Prince Andrew who married Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York? Their marriage ended in divorce in 2012.

So by using Buckingham Palace as an example, you are actually shooting yourself in the foot.

Finally, I am not Ladyhippolyta86 o! Your mind and eyes must be playing tricks with you, if you think I am related to her.

I have an independent persona, and I call it as it is.

So kindly free your own mind, and educate yourself. There are far more successful inter-tribal marriages than you know. Open your eyes and see.....
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by CeterisXVII: 7:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Stop encouraging evil because u not wiser than our forefathers.

There is no gain in inter tribal marriages mosr especially Nigerian tribes.
You can't see the gain because you are NOT enlightened enough to do so......

May your eyes be opened to see the truth!
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
Youngjohnosas:
you welcome.

the only value I can deduce from an average igbo man is hatred. I have never put my eyes in your issues but Your constant bashing of other tribes especially the Benin people is totally uncalled for,You guys are worse off than the binis U are castigating.

What is totally uncalled for?

Just stay clear of Igbo issues and allow us sort our issues out.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
CeterisXVII:
You can't see the gain because you are NOT enlightened enough to do so......
May your eyes be opened to see the truth!

Not with other ethnicity.
Marry from your place, I marry from my place na crime again?
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by CeterisXVII: 7:59pm On Jan 12, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Not with other ethnicity.

Marry from your place, I marry from my place na crime again?
It is not a crime, but it is wrong to condemn inter-tribal marriages and try to make people think it is not workable, simply because you are too myopic to understand it....
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
CeterisXVII:

It is not a crime, but it is wrong to condemn inter-tribal marriages and try to make people think it is not workable, simply because you are too myopic to understand it....

Oga it is not advisable.

Don't encourage such.

Everyone should discover love and marry from his place.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by CeterisXVII: 9:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Oga it is not advisable.

Don't encourage such.

Everyone should discover love and marry from his place.
Oga, just stop that grammar. I know lots of intertribal marriages that have worked and lasted for many years. Some are even older than I am, and are still very successful.

If you are too afraid and myopic to go into it, then leave those who are willing and able to do so.....

There are millions of intertribal marriages in our cities, that are thriving, even if they don't exist in your village.
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Oga, just stop that grammar. I know lots of intertribal marriages that have worked and lasted for many years. Some are even older than I am, and are still very successful.

If you are too afraid and myopic to go into it, then leave those who are willing and able to do so.....

There are millions of intertribal marriages in our cities, that are thriving, even if they don't exist in your village.

It must be stopped

Yoruba marry Yoruba
Edo marry Edo or Yoruba

That's how it should be.

Inter tribal marriages erodes culture and taints blood.

All these external bloods are the problems we having today
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by CeterisXVII: 9:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
Osagyefo98:
It must be stopped

Yoruba marry Yoruba
Edo marry Edo or Yoruba

That's how it should be.

Inter tribal marriages erodes culture and taints blood.

All these external bloods are the problems we having today

Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by Ojiofor: 9:54pm On Jan 12, 2020
CeterisXVII:

And did they tell you that in Bini culture, the child does not belong to the man's family? When their son married the Bini woman, wasnt her family present? Why didn't they ask her family to tell her to return the child?

Who told you they haven't done that without success?
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by perdollar(m): 6:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
Faithemike:
Hope all the girls in your village that are married are still in their husband's house?
u r smelling italian
Re: HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne by sosospence(m): 9:19am On Jan 15, 2020
NDIOGAH:
marrying from your village/community is advisable, but this coconut generation dont listen.
What if one does not see any in his or her village to marry?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / A Yoruba Poem- Ise Logun Ise (work Is The Antidote For Poverty)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.